cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Progesterone, assorted other hormones and fluffy cake

Re: Progesterone

More fluffy cake - and a savoury one for you Delly - come on out, its best warm from the oven! I hope you're doing something wonderful on the third this year Magic - there must be some magic in all those 3s?! My partner looked liked he had had his bits released from a vice when we heard today - now he has the joy of a more hormonal me to brighten his life!! Charys, not only am I a painted lady. I was given a sky blue gown to wear when I come in for treatment - and was told I can use any deodorant!! Xxx
Community Champion

Hmmm yeah, I too was wondering where she was......I've sent a PM message to her hole (that didnt sound right did it ?)

You know that cooking machine will be the most expensive thing you are EVER left in a room with on your own....period ! lol

Wonderful news, Janey,  No Chemo and high ER+/PR+ scores.

Does that mean we are going to celebrate with more Fluffy cake?  At this rate, I'll be able to stuff a cushion with all the handbag fluff retrieved from my teeth!

3 October for starting your Rads. Oh the joys of being cooked by a huge Linux Accelerator!

That date has been forever etched in my mind as it's the date I was diagnosed with BC. It will be my third anniversary this year, my annual mammogram is next week. More joys of your boobs being crushed to resemble pancakes.

Often wonder how men would deal with having their sensitive parts crushed to an inch of their life. Man flu would be nothing compared to that experience.😱😱😱

Where's Delly?  We need to go and rescue her out of that black hole.  Grab the ladder girls.

M x

I just hit the threshold for Oncotype. My surgeon was suggesting chemo and oncologist not, so the test helped!! When I run out of positivity, I'm coming straight back here - will bring enough cake!! Xx
Community Champion

Good news Janey! (well, you know as good as it could be lol) Gosh I didn't realise you had oncotype done as well, did you request that? You've even had your rad tattoos done today as well?? No messing around at the hospital you are attending...ey! I'm glad you are feeling relief, and that positive mindset will stand you in great stead in the coming weeks. xx

Well. Jack's cow has swerved chemo! Hugely relieved and can't believe pleasure at being cooked for a month instead. Packet of Anastrozole put into my sweaty palm and a start date of 3 October for rads; 3 weeks plus one week of boosters, not sure why they don't just say 4 weeks! I now have my tattoos but can't really see them. You should all take up writing - I reckon you were all pretty magical yesterday. My Er and Pr high, so I hope that article was right. My Oncotype score was 17. Xx
Community Champion

Ok sisters, I need to ask what was IN that cake, because reading this I'm wondering what Janey has created? It was so funny to come back this morning and read the recent posts. Right Ho, now Delly, to my mind you are a comic genius.....it's the way you write not just the ideas you come up with....you have an incredibly unique style with the written word, which is not like one I've see before. Even when your ideas aren't funny , and are serious, your style is so honest and heartfelt. Trust me, I was a teacher. Have you considered writing articles for some magazines? You are skillful with the written word, and use it in such a different way to most people. 

Janey, I figured you might have a bad night, you know how it is the exhaustion will catch up with you and one night you will just sleep flat out. It was the lack of sleep that got to me during those first few months, infact I got a script for lorazepam and used to just take a half of a 1 mg tablet to get to sleep and stop my brain whirring. I so feel for you today, it makes my stomach churn to even remember going back for my results. 

MM I can't believe you bought that skanky fluffy cake off Miss.Delly, AND ate it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh no we won't ... that floss is behind you ... nope, I shall have to gen up on panto. Although with dreadful lack of sleep last night I do look like the back end of a panto horse or Jack's knack**** old cow!! Xxx

Magic - have just read the info link you gave us.

Mmmmm - coffee cake for thought (as oppo to "food for" - come on, do please join in panto wise girlies!).

Seriously tho', interesting. Has made me feel I need to regen up on my hormone knowledge from A level Human Biology days. But basically Progesterone, with regards to the female reproductive cycle, has the opposite effects to oestrogen. . . .  naa will have to do that genning up on.

See you all soon

xxx

Ha Magic, 

I failed to mention that I was a dentist (not). My handbag fluff is a sure bet to gain extra business, cos of it's extra stickability.

Where on earth did I come up with "handbag fluff" ??!! I'm either a total numpty, or an absolute genius. It's the kind of thing that our beloved late Victoria Wood would have talked about!! What a major loss to the comedy world. But . .  'I' am truely wasted on here. don't you think Magic?? xxxx

Mmmmmmmm....that cake was lurrrrvely.

Have any of you girls got any dental floss? I need to get the handbag fluff from Delly's handbag out from between my teeth!

M x

Capische! Xxx

Hey no - Thank You all from li'l me.

I'm in a horrible black hole at the mo' and it's been such a pleasure to share and enjoy a bit of light banter. Sooo see sweet Janey and et al, you've all helped bring a smile to JellyDelly too.

Just let us know how you do tomorrow - or else i'll come and throw a custard cream pie in your face - Capische woman?

Loadsa xxx's 

Delly you may have some jelly - spiced damson to go with your savoury virtual cake - I can't sit still for preserving things! Thank you you lovely people for helping preserve my sanity today and making me smile!! Xx

See!! Told you that Charys was cheeky xxx

I'm going to have to check my PR again. Magic, there was definitely a slice for you. xx

Whoops - I was so guilty at leaving Magic out of the coffee cake share, I got all disconbobulated and sent an empty reply!! Bit like my head.

Good job Janey and Charys were on the ball and cut it into 4, not my greedy 3 - sorry Magic. And I initially thought you were avin a larrrff mentioning Progesterone, as Charys pointed out that she just threw it into the thread to see what confusion she could cause - mischievous imp. I haven't yet checked into the link but shall do after this. Was more worried about you not getting cake. Actually, I'm not a cake or sweet toothed person, am a savoury gal, so I'd have given you mine anyway. In fact, I've still got it in my handbag. Well, I didn't wish to appear ungracious did I, when Janey had gone to the trouble. What on earth she meant by "healthy option" I don't know, but looking at mine now, it's got a few hairs and bottom of handbag fluff stuck to it, so not so healthy. But I can waft and pick it all off and put it up for auction between the three of youhoos. Its gotta be worth a starting offer of 30p. Any bids??? The handbag fluff by the way goes back a few years so is now a valuable asset.

Charys - thanks for the pm. Am not ignoring it.

Janey - again hope your appointment goes well tomorrow

Nite Nite for now girlies

DoolallyDelly xxxx

Community Champion

Delly is speechless......not often that happens lol

Community Champion

Fascinating article, really interesting! It's always good to hear of the ongoing research, it gives hope doesn't it, no matter what type of cancer. My ER and PR scores are identical to yours incidentally....I didn't even know what they were until tonight when I went in search of my original biopsy report. I didn't understand it much at the time, but it makes so much more sense now months down the line. That report was a year ago, wonder if it's gone any further ?