cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Progesterone, assorted other hormones and fluffy cake

Community Champion

Re: Progesterone, assorted other hormones and fluffy cake

I Evening fellow travellers of the NHS, and previous travellers like Delly. 

JAney....how's your doing with the feeling a bit puke? I don't cope well with feeling sick,  so can imagine it's making you feel well below par. Has it stayed the same or improved? Can you maybe get something from the GP to keep with that, as if it's a temporary symptom then something for a while to get you through it might be good. A morning sickness type of thing sounds awful, as it never really leaves does it. 

Ruby cat......I know Salisbury cathedral really well. I've taken my very disabled father there a few times in the last few years, it is one of the few places we can move his large electric chair around and there is seating for food outside in the courtyard. Wouldn't it be odd if you had passed us/ seen us? You might well remember to be honest as we travel with 2 carers and a massive number of emergency medical trolleys containing kit. 

Lesely.....I think you should sleep with your head carefully placed over the edge of the bed, lol, you don't want to ruin the work of the hairdresser. You've been very energetic today!

Delly......funny you should bring up voluntary contributions, my other half brought it up only yesterday, and asked me to ring and find out where I stood with it and how much I need to still add As top up to be up to the right amount. You know that complicated stuff where they have to work out if after a few years the amount you have to put in reduces,  and other horrible stuff like that. I am ENTIRELY rubbish with financial matters, and the very thought of ringing fills me with dread. I gave up work a few years ago to carry out carer duties for someone, but am looking for something workwise myself now too. What business did you have?

i rang BCN today, to find out why I'd had no follow up appointment since rads at end of June. Apparently they will ring me in the next few days to make one, surely  it shouldn't be 3 months after rads finishes for your check up. Not that it matters I supposed, but until I've done this appointment I can't get transferred back to the original surgeon. She is the one I want to have contact with to ask some thing. 

Lovely cathedral Salisbury Ruby, and a very nice small city. Always enjoyed my visits there.

Roll on your pension year then. How long?

You've reminded me to get a forecast for mine. I've always kept up my minimum voluntary contributions since ceasing my business (12 yrs now!!) but have no idea what they'll entitle me to. Not expecting it to be much, but presume I would have the option to "top them up" to fill in for the missed years of full contributions. If I can do, Now is the time to do it, whilst I still have inheritance funds to do so. I keep leaving stuff like this for when I feel better mentally and more hot to do it, but I haven't felt better yet!! and months go by. Could do to get some kind of job, bring something in. Keep trying but not much around in this area.

Lotsa love

DellyDeeelayer ! xxx 

Thank you girls, really looking forward to it.  I too love history Rubycat.  I'm a big reader,mix up my reading, switch between a good thriller, contemporary novels, re read old favourites and historical novels.  In May (week before my diagnoses) we went for a long weekend to Weston Super Mare and went to Welles for the day and visited the cathedral there.  Being originally from London of course been to all the capital has to offer, visited York and and a few abroad.  About religion, I went to a convent so had it crammed down my neck, prayers before every lesson, mass twice a week, weekly confession (used to have to make up sins to confess) so once I left I'd had enough.  Not sure now if/what I believe, but old habits die hard and still says my prayers every night, just in case.  I really do hope there is something after this though, love this thought of everyone having a brilliant party somewhere and reuniting with loved ones.  Sorry, getting a bit deep, need to end on something witty but  can't think of anything except  really rude jokes which wouldn't be allowed on here, really don't want to be banned, need my friends on here.  Night night all xx

Ooh, stuffed myself with all those chocs and now feeling sick.Cat Sad Lesley, have a great night out, you deserve it.  Love seeing my old colleagues, but really enjoying not working now (sorry to gloat to all you hard workers).  Took a while to get used to it, and realising that there actually was time for ME and what I actually liked to do. Really peed off with the gov, when they changed pension to 63 and now it will be 66 - hope I make it, or I'll come back and haunt them.  Yes Delly, love the Haunch of Venison, it's still there (& has been since 13th century), & under new ownership so haven't been in recently.  History is my passion, that's why I got involved with the Cathedral, although not in the least religious (sshush, don't tell them), but have found that during the hourly prayers if clergy mention 'we pray for those known to us who are suffering in mind or body' I always think of all the people on here and send out thoughts to them. Have a good night each and every. Cat Very Happyxxx

Sounds good Lesley - have a good night xxx

Tomorrow night is an ex colleagues big 40 birthday bash.  We all worked together for many years and went through so many things together.  Our company decided to relocate the head office where  we all worked to Birmingham 18 months ago and we were all made redundant.  I decided to call it a day even though I don't get my state pension yet, I had just started to get a couple of company pensions.  The others being mere toddlers compared to me (youngest being a baby of 25) have scattered all over, but we continue to get together every couple of months for drinks and meal.  Last time was on 1 July when one of the group got married.  Really looking forward to seeing them all.  Have to say, after working full time since I left school without a break (I did take annual leave of course) the only thing I miss about work is my colleagues and the daily banter, I certainly don't miss the stress, love the freedom and not having to be smartly dressed every day if I don't feel like it, being old does have its benefits xx

Hi Girlies

Janey - Lady Marmalade? My era of music. Would have been 13-14 when "gettin down" on the disco floor to "voulez vous couchez . . . ". Naaa, I'm quite happy with DellyDelay !! I now have visions of you lying beneath a cows back end i.e. udder end Smiley Happy, squirting milk onto your boobs. Could make centrefold of a glamour girl mag, do ya think??!! Let me know, I may be able to arrange, but I'd have to demand a cut of the £millions of profits you're BOUND to provoke. I have the sleezy contacts you know. BTW - is/was there some hidden sexual meaning to "Marmalade" that I innocently didn't know or realise?? However, if the udder milk duddn't work Smiley Happy come and try the Dolphins with Lesley and me. In fact, I think we should ALL go. But please promise you won't try to milk them. Sorry you're not so good today, hope it improves soon.

Hey Ruby. So you live near or in Salisbury. When I lived in Bournemouth, had a friend who's boyfriend lived there. Had an excellent night of their wedding at the "Haunch of Venison" pub. Do you know it? So you're not so good either? That's tough for you.Thanks for the "DellyDelay savoury" choice amongst your choccie faves - very thoughtful. Luurv twiglets.

Lesley - so what's going on tomorrow? enough to have your hair done for?? And is your wine doctor going with you?

Loadsa loveydovey

DellyDelay xxx (haha, am liking it more and more Janey - gives me an air of intrigue, sleeziness?)  

Hello lovely ladies,

Just popping in to sign the register.  Been out since 8am this morning,  hairdressers, bobbing round town getting essentials, like new battery in watch, popped into knit and natter (no knit but lots of natter) coffee and cake after, more shopping then  home, caught up with emails and arrangements for night out tomorrow and now - breathe .....  Shattered, going to put dinner on now and suppose I'd better talk to himself for a while.

Catch up with you all later.  Ps, hair looks  sooo much better after a good cut, it won't look so good after a restless night, should have had it done tomorrow ready for my night out, I'm just not thinking straight these days xx

How could I have forgotten - it's Twix Tuesday, Truffle Tues, Topic Tues, Toffee Crisp Tues, Toblerone Tues, Twirl Tues, and for Delly specially Twiglet Tues.  It's not choosing one bar either, butCat Very HappyCat Tongue  one bar of EACH.  I know the title is fluffy cake, but couldn't think of enough cakes, and SO like choc (and cake). Looked up CAKES now and found teacake (tres boring), tiramisu (for you drinkers) and one I'd never heard of tunis, which is chocolate AND marzipan - ooh will have to do some proper research and try that out as my two favs.  Cat TongueCat TongueCat Tonguexxx

Hellllooooo, I'm back. Nice to be missed by my lovely group of new bestie friends. Cat Very Happy   I do one afternoon of voluntary work at Salisbury Cathedral on a Monday afternoon, and got so tired I didn't get the laptop out.  I pretend that I'm between jobs, but really a lady of leisure now, oooh get me, can't imagine having the energy for a proper job now. Cat Frustrated Just taken me AGES to keep up with all the flurry of chatting.  Lesley and Charys, I had hundreds of the brown moles after rads, but they did all disappear down into their moleholes.  Lesley, is it worth trying another brand of anastrozole - I've really found less s/e with a different brand - didn't have queasieness though - is that a real word?? Janey, yeah to the aloe vera plant, so soothing.  Feeling crumbly at the moment - half a tooth fell out yesterday so just got back from dentist and hip pain, boo hoo arrgh.  Blow the credit card Janey, treats are essential. Cat Very Happy  Ooops just thought of another reason for constant morning sickness.Cat Tonguexxx to all.

Shall we rename you Lady Marmalade Delly? Feeling rotten this morning - sudden realisation the feeling I have is like constant morning sickness. Combined with permanent PMT, it's a bit of a whammy. Someone has said somewhere the sickness goes and I hope they're right! I've been looking at udder milk and am going to spoil myself, so thanks for top tip. I really should cut up the credit card, as I drop to half pay next month but feel a treat is needed! Tuesday hugs to you all xxx

Lesley - you just provided more proof that alcohol really IS the answer to most things !!

But, seriously sorry you had to go through all of that. (when I could have told you right from the beginning). I AM sympathetic really, just pulling your leg xxx 

Ah Charys, it was Janey and crisp packets in the oven - read "badges" as bandages!! 

Well, not having been through rads, I'm so glad Lesleys boob is in your safe hands - so to speak!! And yeh, it must make you wonder about the professionals in such a case. I can only feel thankful to mine, but my BC was a helluva lot simpler than all of yours. 

Janey - I take no responsibility for the w/end shannigans and I did NOT take charge either. Not me Mister/Miss.

BTW "Delay"Delly did provoke other connertations for me - Burlesque dancer or Lap dancer !! Sorry, I'm being very naughty and mischievous now. Plus truely WARPED s.o.h. Smiley Happy)

Love yers tho xxxx 

Thanks Lesley. I could do with losing a lot of weight but don't fancy this way! So glad you got through that bit but sorry the rest didn't calm. xx

Thinking back Janey, when I first started the dreaded Anastrozole I too felt sick.  After being diagnosed I lost my appetite completely, I'm very petite anyway and didnt have much weight to spare, then after starting the pills I really struggled to eat anything and lost lots of weight.  In fact I was existing on two glasses of complan and a slice of toast a day.  It was only when I started my rads that they said if I lost anymore weight I'd have to  have my planning again.  I really panicked then.  My poor husband was at his wits end.  I had stopped having my daily glass of wine.  In the end he said, just try a small glass of wine and take a sip then a mouthful of food, then another, etc.  It worked and I was soon able to eat a sandwich lunch time and a small dinner at night.  Eventually sicky feeling wore off and appetite came back and weight went on.  In fact, I'm now probably eating too much and will have to watch it, my jeans are getting a bit snug.  Hopefully it will wear off for you too, I've read that in time it increases appetite and people complain about weight increase.

Oh dear I think I'm definitely going to be getting the "blackheads"! Maybe I should say b****r again! The counselling I had was probably best described as compassionate or interagitive (sp?). Once we had unpicked my barrel of stuff and decided what the issues were I wanted to deal with, I said I didn't want therapy I had researched i.e. CBT, as I needed some magic. The therapist (registered with BACP) then did incredibly simple yet powerful visualisation work, which was amazing. . This time around it was mainly talking but it was the top up I needed. The key message was to let myself be vulnerable. Not very good at describing sorry. The key I think is finding someone you click with. As to the sickness, I am worried it's the tablets making me queasy, normally a stomach of steel! Will give it a few more days. Xx

Yes MM, that's what mine looked like a few days after I'd finished the sessions, Charys found an thread back from 2011 where some had some blackhead looking things round their nipple and someone said it was burnt hair follicles, now youve found this.  I can't believe that both you and Charys have found the answer to my problem when a highly trained professional claims not  to have seen anything like this before!  Thank goodness for you and this site, once again huge thanks xx

Community Champion

What are you queasy from Janey? Is it coming back and joining us doing it ? Lol seriously.....is it meds you are talking about .?

Thanks Janey, ref counsellor, but you didn't specify what type of counselling you had - CBT or whatever else. Are your expletives to do with losing replies??! xxx

I need all the tips I can get. I have an aloe Vera plant waiting patiently - so patiently in fact it's had babies! Love from me posting out of sync! Xx

B****r! I must must check and then click. Oh b****r again for you Lesley. I spoke with a friend today who has opted for no meds. I seem to be okayish other than feeling slightly sick all the time - trying not to pin that on the delicious ice cream Delly! - anyone else queasy and did it pass? The counsellor I went to was recommended by a chain of friends, who have all benefitted. I haven't had NHS counselling. It's in my field of work and I needed to separate out and get some magic outside of the norm. Now I have my dates I'm hoping to fit in some treatments courtesy of our amazing local cancer charity, including acupuncture and reflexology. Charys how are you feeling about restarting? Hugs to all xx
Community Champion

Making bandages from crisp bags ?? DELAY what are you on about lolol 

I tell you what, another cream that is AMAZING post rads, but pricey...is 'skin milk udder cream'. It was recommended on this site by a couple of people, and after having tried a number of things and still having problems ( third layer of peeling) I purchased some. It is really good stuff, but the price might put you off. So, basically, Lesley, sorry to have to break the news to you......that you went into rads with a particularly furry breast. Lolol well, that's what Magical Moon has found out anyway. 

Phew, it's been hard work getting Delly to tow the line over the weekend.......thank goodness everyone is back. She will say she was the one 'in charge' of course.....

Community Champion

Oh brill! I'm so glad it has helped. 

Its like my oncologist saying he had 'never heard of muscle twitching with oesterogen altering medication'....you only have to look up any menopausal site, or read on these forums, or LISTEN to feedback from people taking it to hear that side effect. That's the problem maybe, they don't listen. 

Hello Flowers

Glad you had a good w/end Janey. This lot, well Charys and Lesley, have been running riot whilst you've been away. Not me Miss!! Need you to keep 'em in check, what with burning plastics - crisp packets to make bandages?? What's that all about?? Poor Lesley and her rough, spotty nip and boob.

Having some knowledge about skin, the explanation of the, literally fried and then dried up hair follicles makes some kind of sense to me. 'cept we don't have many hairs in that region. 

Lesley, have your breast nurses, radiologists advised what to put on your skin?? Aloe Vera gel is a favourite, lightly massaged on on a regular basis. You could also get some Teatree oil and add some to the gel, dependent on the volume of gel. I'd suggest 20 drops to every 100mls. Its highly antiseptic, antibacterial and healing. May help. Sorry your more "Up" state was brief - bu**er innit.

Janey - I didn't take offence at you calling me "Delay" !! Made me chuckle lots, so thanks for that HaHa!!  What sort of counsellor/ing are you talkin about? and were they private or NHS?

Mucho Luvo, DellyDelay xxxx

Lesley,

I have found this Cancer Blog and the lady describes how she got a 'strawberry boob' after radiation. The blackheads were the hair follicles that had been burnt by the rads.  There is a photo if you scroll down the page to 'Strawberry boob'.

https://jennscancerblog.wordpress.com/page/3/

Must say, your oncologist appears to be lacking skills in reassurance and, dare I say, knowledge.

M x

Charys, you Darling girl xx. I just looked at the link you sent, and though this lady only had them round her nip and my whole breast is covered, it looks like the same thing and though not common, quite normal and does go away in time.  That's my point, the so called exoerts don't know everything, and on this site, someone will give the answer.  Thank you xx

Community Champion

Ah I see, two different things, right. I was going to say...because I have the little tiny brown moley like spots.

Thanks fir the reply on the other thread Charys xx. No, the moles and the blackheads are two different things. The moley things are like sun damage things all down my rad side, the blackheads are blackheads all over boob, he said it was a skin infection caused to the pores by the rads but had never seen them before, he did seem a bit baffled though, trust me to get something different!  Just hoping they will clear up and not be an ongoing thing, I know I dont go round flashing, but really, it's not nice!

Community Champion

Hi Lesley,

I saw your thread about 'stopping the Anastrozole' and replied on there, so won't repeat that here.

So, these black things are like....small mole type things, but its an infection? That sounds most odd indeed! So, he can't treat with anything if its an infection ?

I found this one thread for you, after doing a search...

https://forum.breastcancercare.org.uk/t5/Radiotherapy/SCARED-Blackhead-type-spots-on-breast-after-ra...

Might be worth doing another search though on here, or posingthe question about the black spots. After all, this is the place where there are many many opinions availiable.

Right Charys, you asked - I have avoided looking at boob closely since surgery, but noticed when creaming lately that it's been feeling "rough" last night I looked with specs on and was horrified to see it was completely covered in a crust of hundreds (and I do mean hundreds!) of blackheads (never mind the tiny tatto I mistook for one), also all down the rad side I'm covered in raised brown mole type things and Ive never had a mole in my life.  The oncologist said he's never seen anything like them before but it's a skin infection caused by rads, said Ive been affected badly by rads, said swelling is there for good and has no idea if the blackheads will clear up or will be an ongoing thing.

He also said that my body is not coping with Anastrozole and I should consider coming off it as if I continue with only getting hour and half sleep each night I'm going to be ill.  I asked if I would get used to it in time, he said no, s/e don't improve, could change to tamoxifen which is better for aches and pains but worse for sweats (which are the main problem). I said I was worried about stopping the Anastrozole in case the C came back, he said its only a very small percentage improvement, Also it's no guarantee that it won't come back and stopping it is no guarantee that it will come back. Going to continue for a while and think about it xx

Community Champion

Ahhhh yes, the HAMA beads....happy days ! Melting crisp bags to make mini badges was SO much fun!!! I thoroughly DON'T recommend doing the roasting of plastics that aren't mean to be...it can't be good for you. However, people on pinterest seem to have lived through it lol

Lol or col? Choke out loud?! I remember ironing beads with my daughter and also making crisp packets into badges in oven ... xx
Community Champion

Tell us what the oncologist said Lesley...maybe we can help?

It has occured to me that I never had a follow up appointment with mine after rads! (ended June)

Welcome home Janey, missed you, so glad you enjoyed your break.  Charys, you really are into the arty stuff arent you?  The best I can do is a knit a bit but it's more a case of knit one drop two.

Delly, thanks for the iT lesson.  I'll practice when my head is in a better place.  Think of some more places we can go in our virtual camper van.

My "good place" didn't last long, had a bad day yesterday which is why I didn't tick the register.  Saw oncologist today, came away confused and even more down.  Just posted on the rads site, don't want to spoil our lovely haven on here.  Yes, Janey, we would all pass each other on the street, but feel a bond with you all.  Just had an hour chat on the phone with my bestie who now lives in Spain, but  unless someone is/has experienced this they can't be on the  same wave length.  Everyone keeps saying to me, you've had your treatment, now you can forget it, if only!

Wheres our Rubycat and Magical Moon?   Do we need to send out a search party?

Community Champion

I didn't like to comment on your sentence making no sense....to be honest it could have been my brain rather than your words.

You get a metal cookie cutter, put in on a baking tray...with parchment underneath. Fill with a layer of plastic beads and melt in the oven at a very hot temperature. Yep, it works, and makes a stained glass shape that you simply press out once cooled. However, I have a feeling it also poisons everyone. So, kind of, 'extreme' crafting LOL !

No friends sea??? That should have read no idea how. I must check before posting! Charys (or charts as I almost wrote!), I'm intrigued by cookie cutters!! Xx
Community Champion

Hey welcome back Janey!

Today I am visiting carpet shops, and currently melting plastic pony beads into cookie cutter shapes. I'm not sure I'd recommend it, as the fumes are horrendous, even with doors open and extractor on. If my idea works, I'm going to have to sort out something near the door/outside for future meltings lol.

Afternoon all. I'm back! Blustery weekend in beautiful Dorset blew cobwebs away and a great escape. I'm have no friends sea how I'm going to catch up with this enormous thread. However, ... Charys you get a prize for doing as locals do with your cream tea, Lesley, it sounds like you're on tip top form (I left hairdressers ridiculously upset last week - having waited 3 months for a cut - just in case- I didn't think it would be possible to leave in more if a mess!). Just hoping cooler evenings are helping all with flushes and flashes. I've been prescribed Acord as well. No noticeable worsening of symptoms yet, but only day 5! Delay it sounds like you have been put through the ringer more than once. Having dipped previously a couple of years ago, I went back to see a magical counsellor when diagnosed this summer for a top up and it really helped ground me for all the nonsense. Rubycat I am embracing some creative stuff too, although other half is worried I intend to pickle, prune or paint him if he stands still ...Magic, I hope that red was good. Menopause doesn't suit red for me -at least that's my excuse for the gin. Isn't it strange, I don't know any of you to recognise in the street but I missed contact the last few days xxx

Lesley, the dialogue box doesn't disappear. It gets put into another "tab" page at the top of your screen. You'll get a tab "Progesterone, assorted . . . " and also a "Reply to Message. . . .tab. If you click on the Reply to tab - it takes you to your dialogue box. Then if you want to check back on peoples responses, go back and click on the other tab, and the responses come up again for you to scroll through whist replying.

MmmmmmMmmm - Iced tonic. Nice non alco alternative to keep in mind.

Charys - very interesting article on the soap issue. Suds or should I say "smells" for thought!!

xxx

Didn't have the vino after all, had an iced tonic water, now feeling very virtuous.  Tried pop,up, view as a discussion etc, but the dialogue box disappears.  Never mind, I'll do what you suggest and just send lots.  Off to bed now, another sweaty night to get through, deep joy! Nighty night xx

And another Hey Lesley,

If you find something else you wanna comment on, just stick another message in "babe". SIMPLES !! xxx

HA!! Wish I could say "A Mail (play on words, girls!!) a day keeps BC away" !! Lesley, ref your vino. I know it may be considered plebian by some, dependent on it's quality, but try a loooong red with soda or lemonade and ice!! Or white. Not something I like myself, but I keep meeting people who do ! 

If you press "Reply" button and scroll down to bottom of box to left red print,"View discussion in a pop up", and press before printing your message, it will open another window tab at the very top of your screen,  in addition to your message tab. You can then click on either to interchange between previous posts and your new message. Have a play. But NOT when you've spent hours on a message.

Am watching 'X' - got into it a few years ago, on top of "Strictly". Becomes addictive.

Loadsa loveydovey stuff

Delly xxx

Strange you said that about the hair disappearing from armpits Ruby but growing more on your legs - my friends neighbour in Spain is currently having chemo for BC and has lost hair from everywhere except her legs and swears that it's growing there more than usual.

So, I now get it about the handbag fluff on the cake.  Like Charys, wish I could get the hang of seeing all the posts as I'm typing, as soon as I'm finished I see something else that I'd like to comment on.  Think my brain is getting puddled since I've stopped working.

I'll have a look at that article Delly, used to get the Mail every day when I was working, now only get papers at the weekend.   

Hey - Lesley, with regards to soap - Yeh CLEAN sheets, but also sweet smelling too perhaps. Glad you're feeling a little better. Yes I will keep you afloat ref Dolphins. You can hold onto their dorsal fin and "ride, baby ride". They're magical creatures. I think elephants are too. Such sensitive, loving, caring, family orientated. Even "mourn" for their dead - awwww.

The beautiful cake was provided by Janey. So Lesley and Magic, you have her to thank for, not me. I'm not so sweet toothed so put in my handbag, to avoid rudeness, hence it was put up for auction. BUT . . . I'm a soft touch for good ice cream. When have been in Italy, had to have ONE a day, sometimes had TWO!!! However, HaganDaas, B and J, are acceptable. Even the Co-*p do a reeeeally good frozen yoghurt and lemon curd that goes wonderfully with chooped bananas!! Hint Hint.

Very interesting article in Thurs Mail, by Bell Mooney (sensible woman), titled "Why I believe EVERY woman could fall for another woman". Sensitively done Bel. Have a read. It's educating and illuminating from an honest, so called "straight" womans point of view.

DingerDelly xxx 

Tried viewing as a pop up as per your instructions Delly, but once I do, I lose my message that I've started.  Really peed off now, especially as the night sweats have started already, my positivity was short lived, think I'd better go and sit outside and cool down for a while, might even take a small vino with me, just to toast your good health all, not because I want one, rather nice of me I think xx

Burrrrrrr - lost another message. What a waste of flippin time. I've calmly complained to moderators (becoming old friends) Anna and Lizzy, but nowts happening. 

Charys - you click on the message button and then scroll down to the red print, bottom left "View discussion in a pop up".

I take so long to type - keep getting timed out - bu**er. And No, that's not what you spread on your bread!!

I'll have to try to regurgitate it - never a good thing!! Ha hee But I'm gonna have to do it in bits

xxx's

Community Champion

Good for you with your attitude Lesley ! It's great to see, and long may it last. Errrr, I could have told you the soap wouldn't work, well I kind of did by basically calling it an old wive's tale lol. I can't see what on earth a block of soap could do, except some placebo effect type thing. Actually, it was to alleviate leg cramps apparently, so I told you the wrong thing anyaway.

Ohhh loookey here is an article on it, its actually interesting as they say there is no medical evidence and then look for some possible medical evidence....

http://www.peoplespharmacy.com/2012/07/22/why-does-soap-soothe-nighttime-leg-cramps/

Ruby, that is GROSSSSSSssssss, making pillows and cooking with hair shavings BLEURCH !!!! LOLOLOL Though I appreciate you attending and ticking the register. Robot tongue

Delly, hows you doing today....are you climbing out the blackhole at all?

I'm sorry if I've missed anyone, I have forgotten how to go that view where you can see all posts when you reply.

Ta ra

Morning lovely ladies,

Another poopy night, the soap didn't help, though mixed with the sweat my sheets might become self cleaning?

Swimming with dolphins, yeah, another dream of mine, but you'll have to hold me up Delly, I can only swim few strokes then I sink, never managed to get the hang of floating.

Started my 4th month of Anastrozole on Tuesday and this time I've been given Accord (previous 3 months were Teva) now, might be my imagination and reading previous comments about others suffering when changing brand, but I think flushes and sweats were worse last night, or could just be s/e are just getting worse because I've been taking it longer.  Got 2 months supply of Accord, if things continue to get worse I'll ask pharmacist to make sure I only get the Teva brand.

About the comment about breasts and being single - when I said to my husband that I was terrified that I'd have to have a mastectomy, he said, why? I'll still love you!  I said, my breasts are important to ME, how would you feel if you had to have your winky  cut off (I used a different Word) and I said, oh, I'll still love you?  He said that's different, I don't see how.

Sunny here in Buckinghamshire so going to take a walk to the newsagents for the papers then sit in the sun with a coffee and do the crossword.  Got to make the most of it, missed most of the summer this year due to the wretched BC so want to catch as many rays now while it's warm enough xx

Just caught up more with you all.

Hey Lesley - I'm there with your dreams. I wanna swim with Dolphins at the "Bay of Islands"?? It's another thing on my bucket list. You up for??

Hey you Devon lovers. N. Devon - Lynton and Lynmouth. Fabulously stunning for walking - coastal or inland yeh? Valley of the Rocks, Lee Bay etc. Isn't it nicknamed "Little Switzerland"?? Plus beautiful Exmoor on the doorstep.

Am goin again xxx

Oooo - havin probs with responses. Keep losing messages. I'm getting Peed off about it.

Lesley - I can't remember all the details of my BC, cept that it was the most aggressive type and Oestrogen +ve. Haha to your 1/2 armpit fluff !! - some consellation?? Restless legs and hot sweats are a pig.

Bars of soap under the foot of your bed!! I've desperately been trying to come up with something witty and humourous - nowt (that's Northern for "nothing" to you Southerners. I'm a part N, part S gal).

Anyway, your looking good Lesley, glad you're feeling "more like it". In fact - all of you are looking good today.

Charys - I don't know about Rads skin damage recovery - I didn't need it. I'm talking about underarm nerve damage from node clearance surgery. No, I didn't receive any counselling, nor had it offered. We're going back 10 yrs now. I wanted immediate recon with both of mine, but due to a misunderstanding about the type I was asking for (simple implant) over self tissue recon, I wasn't given it. I knew how it would affect me, still being a single person, and was why I asked for it.

I'm going before this message is lost

Delly xxx