Did you mean: 

Progesterone, assorted other hormones and fluffy cake

Community Champion

Re: Progesterone, assorted other hormones and fluffy cake

Happy birthday Helena !!!

Happy happy birthday lovely Helena. Have a marvellous day. Loads of love xxx

image.jpeg Happy birthday to my wonderful, lovely ,kind ,generous and caring friend 💞 🎉🎈🍰🍷🎁💐. Have a fantastic day love you lots xxxxxx 

Community Champion

Ruby

You just blow me away xxx

See the source imageCat Winkxxx

Community Champion

Julie

Thank you very much xxx

Happy Birthday for tomorrow Helena. Hope you have a lovely day.

Julie x

Community Champion

Rock on Clair!!!

Honestly Lesley, what is it with men & painkillers, the men in my life are exactly the same, then moan about it...”so take them regularly, then...!” 🙄
At least you got him outside today & do hope the blood results settle quickly.

Congrats on the win, Helena 🎉

ann 💖
Community Champion

Clar

Whey hey that really is a positive move forward and what a time for it to happen at your fav bands' concert xxx

Community Champion

Evening fluffies

Well not long got in from playing bowls this afternoon, we were the winning rink and we all won a potted geranium!! Still it looks nice in the old water feature that I am using as a planter now.

Lesley admit it you have really got the bug for gardening now Smiley Happy  Scary stuff for himself xxx

Have a lovely peaceful evening one and all.

Helena xxxxx

Get you Clair, coolest mum on the block, you’ve still got it.

Was out last night was my ex colleagues leaving himself home alone again.  He had blood test Thursday, Inr was 6.3, they were not happy, said if he has a fall or even a bump he’s at high risk and needs to go to A&E immediately for a scan, no  warfarin for 3 days, then half dose and back for another test Thursday.  Now he won’t take his painkillers as he’s worried about it.  Having said that, without them he’s moaning and groaning about as much as he was taking them a week ago so guess he’s improving.

Got him outside again today on the patio, he started fretting about the garden so moi bravely got the hedge trimmer going, ok it’s cordless but still too heavy for a pipsqueak like me.  Can’t tell you how relieved I was when it ran out of battery.  I did manage without lopping anything off myself) to trim 5 shrubs, then got secateurs out, did a bit of weeding and oh boy am I shattered, far too hot for this gardening lark.  As far as I’m concernec gardens are for sitting in with a good book and a drink.

Hope you’ve all had the lovely weather we’ve had here.  My sister flies home for the States on Wednesday when the month long heatwave is due to end, typical, as soon as she got on the plane 4 weeks ago the sun came out and hadn’t gone in since.  She’s been looking after her daughter in North Carolina but flew to Florida to stay with her son for a few days and While  his neighbour was walking her dog by a lake, an alligator came out, tried to snatch her dog, she tried to save her dog and the flipping thing grabbed her by the leg, no trace of her remains have been fo7nd so far.  The worse thing we have to worry about is being stung by a wasp, still say the UK is the best place in the world to live xx

Community Champion

Happy Sunday everyone ! Smiley Very Happy

We've just got back from seeing A-ha in concert and it was absolutely amazing 😉
I can't believe I managed not only to stand for over 5 hours but stay awake too 😁 Things have definitely moved on for me at last ❤️ Love and hugs to you all xxxx
Community Champion

Janey

Nothing yet, I wonder if I will get a letter over the weekend but it will probably be sometime next week.  I dont know what day of the week the MDT meet or when it will be discussed by them.

Bit overcast and it has been raining overnight here so a relaxing day in the house I think today.

Have a lovely day whatever you are doing xxxx

Evening flowers.  Sorry, late to the thread to give Helena a hug for quick results and Clair for a good news for OH day.  Lee, we are all here and hoping you do okay.  My friend has just given up the cold cap, but it was a tough decision to make.  Lesley, so glad you had a fabulous day and probably did you a power of good.  One more day at work and then the weekend.  Just hope it's a bit brighter than today - great to see the gardening bug is spreading further afield.  I can't believe it's almost that time of year for a cucumber glut, wish I could share some out on here!  Love to all of you xx

Community Champion

Woo hoo that is me done with work now until next Wednesday.  I didnt get home until 11.30pm last night after bowling so fairly knackered tonight

Hope everyone has had a good day and enjoyed sunshine

xxxx

Lee, if it’s any consolation a woman I was speaking to recently at a BC support group meeting said she stopped the cold cap after a couple of sessions because it was awful, she said the chemo (which she had been dreading) wasn’t so bad but the cold cap was.  Sending hugs down under to you xx

Community Champion

Lee

I believe with staples it usually looks a bit gross at first but settles down quickly, hopefully you will hae the drain out tomorrow and get some comfort from that.

Scary time yes, but you will soon be the other side of it my friend and we are all very very much behind you xx

I know what you mean about the value of friends when you are a carer, I do not know what I would have done without my wonderful network of close friends, they keep me sane xxx

Thank you 💕💕
It’s such a roller coaster isn’t it. I’m loving catching up with everyone and reading the comments. Crossing paws (love the pictures) for good results for everyone waiting ... horrible waiting. I’m more a dog person because cats make me sneeze but I still think they are gorgeously elegant and independent.
I got the staples out of my wound today, looks gross but district nurse said it was a good job. She comes back tomorrow and may take the drain out. It’s been in for two weeks and is stinging and really uncomfortable.
Chemo starts in a couple of weeks. One treatment every three weeks for 18 weeks (6) and I’m slowly getting my head around it. I’ll lose my hair because they are hitting me hard and the cold cap won’t work. I’m a bit scared really.
Lesley it’s good you still went to your show. As a Carer myself I know it’s important to catch up with friends and have a laugh.
Thanks for the hugs lovely ladies and am sending them back across the ocean to you xxx

Oops our posts have crossed Lesley 😁 Sounds like you've had a brilliant day and just what you needed xxxx
Gardening is brilliant I love that you can do as much or as little as you like and it still keeps you fit and you get a reward of things growing ( or not in my case ) xxxx

Evening lovelies
Hope your all doing ok xx.

So today it was my turn to support my hubby while he had his tests done at the hospital and luckily we got the results the same day and all is good 😊
It's not nice being on either side of this waiting game but now we can move forward again for a while ❤️
Lesley how's your hubby doing at the moment? Xxx
Love and hugs to you all xxxxx

Good evening,

Quick pop in, I’m shattered.  Helena, so glad scan is done, mri is pretty scary, I kept m6 eyes closed the whole time I was in 5hefe, knew if I opened  them I’d panic.  Hope you don’t have to wait too long for results.

What a fantastic  day I’ve had.  Brick Lsne music hall is a lovely old converted church.  It’s so over the top, it’s worth going just to look inside without the lovely meal and fabulous show.  It was a 50’s and 60’s show, bought  back memories of my  youth with songs around when I was a teenager still at school, ie mamas and papa, Mary Quant and Biba clothes and  lots of comedy moments thrown in, havent laughed so much  ages.  Himself is about the same, no better, no worse.  He’s due a blood test tomorrow and I said that I’d  phone and ask someone to come to the house and do it but he’s insisting he can get to the hospital.  If he makes himself worse in the attempt he can jolly well look after himself and I’ll pack away my nurse outfit and spend my time gardening, yes, I am getting the bug xx

You're welcome your Ladyship and love you too. Cat Tonguexxx

Community Champion

Ruby

Oh my darling you have made me laugh out loud for the first time today, love you to bits xxxx

Feet first is the best way to go Helena. We are keeping our paws crossed Cat Very Happyxxx

See the source image

Community Champion

Dizzy

Just chilling so exhausted from today I cant do anything other than cook dinner.

Dont know how long it will be for the results, waiting for a follow up appt date xxx

Community Champion

ann

Thanks for that, just need to get the next bit out of the way and it turn out fine xxx

Community Champion

Good to hear it’s been done, Helena, at least this part is now out of the way & hope all is confirmed, as they said, quickly.
Fab news, Lesley!🎉🎉🎉
Love to all
ann 💖

Helena, at last that bit is over, did they say how long the results will take? Big hugs for you lady, hope you have a nice evening planned.

Xxx

Helena thank goodness that bits over hopefully you'll hear back soon. Tons of love and hugs xxxxx
Community Champion

Afternoon fluffies

MRI went ok this morning, not something I will be in a hurry to repeat.  I went in feet first which I think helped, it was not a noisy as I thought, but I did not have the luxury of any music being played, they said they wanted to be able to talk to me so no they dont do that.

Now the wait begins xxx

Lee, so sorry you’re going through this again and completely get why court is the last place you want to be.
Lesley say hello to Brick Lane, my old student stomping ground. So pleased to have you in the paddock - hope the hay was still tasty! Love to all xx

Think that's my favourite Neddie pic Lesley. And you deserve a day off after all that nursing, sounds a great day.  Glad Himself is on the mend - and being without you for the day will make him miss you even more!!Cat Winkxxx

Ruby, I love that, thank you.  I told himself earlier that you’d come up with a good pic to celebrate my admitance to the paddock.  Just took my iPad into the mancave to show him but the meds (thank heavens for small mercies) have knocked him out .  Think I’ll take myself off to bed too, up early for chiro in the morning.  Wednesday I’m off to Brick Lane in London, lunch then theatre, won’t be home until about 8pm so will be a late dinner for him but think  he’s recovered enough now to survive  a day on his own, perfectly able to make a cup of tea now and I’ll leave him sarnies etc in the fridge. Was going to cancel and lose my money but sure he’ll be ok xx

Yay, Lesley's a Neddie.Cat Tonguexxx

Image result for funny donkeys

Lee - sending you hugs.  Don't know if you're a cat or dog person, so both should cover it (unless it's neither!!)

Cat Tonguexxx

Image result for funny dog and cat hugging

Community Champion

Lesley

Woo hoo, that is brilliant news xxx

Community Champion

Lee

A sneaky drop in as I am at work.

You can do this mate, look what you have been through so far and come through it, we are all there stretching our hands across the equator to hug you.

Hope you enjoy your lunch with your friends.

helena xxx

Lee, I hope you're feeling a bit more comfortable now. And you can start to plan for the next stage, at least there are plenty of people to go through things at the same time as you. It's not a club you want to be in, but company from the other members can help you through it.

Lesley, good to hear it's an all clear, and also that himself is on the mend. And you really do sound like a gardener now. 

🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉 Lesley welcome to the Neddy club 🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉
I don't think this ever gets easier but thank goodness we've got each other for support 😘
I'm very proud of you too for getting out in the garden. Glad hubby is on the up too xxx

Lee I'm so glad your being looked after and you have a plan in place I'm always around for a hand hold or hug all be it virtual ❤️🤗
I can totally understand you not wanting to go to court you've all been through enough and sadly emotions sometimes get the better of us and I'm sure your children will understand in the future xxxxxxx

Lee, sending big hugs to you.  Enjoy your lunch with girlfriends.  You’ve got a journey ahead of you and I’m sure they will be holding your hand along with your family and us lot will ge too albeit virtually xx

Postman has just been, yippee, move over Neddies and make room for one more.  I cannot tell you how relieved  I am, was so anxious this time.  Himself has just told he too has been worrying about it.  He had a good day yesterday, sat on the patio for a  couple of hours in the morning before it got too hot aand after managed a shower standing up (he’s been on his knees in there’s until now). I was so proud pointing out my gardening achievements.  I’ve planted all the wall pots plus the couple of flower beds we have left, weeded and pruned and generally kept things tidy, just need the bloke to come and cut the grass this week, I’m feeling very smug xx

Thanks Ann 🌺
Hopefully things will start picking up soon. Just doing one day at a time at the moment xx
Community Champion

Lovely to hear from you, Lee & thank goodness - as you say - that this was picked up so promptly & can now be dealt with.
Sending loads of best wishes to you both, you’ve certainly had some challenges over the past year. Do hope the kids are ok, although it’s not surprising they’re feeling angry, in view of what you’ve both been through.
ann 💖

8 out of 26 lymph nodes had cancer. Level 1 and 2 cleared and biggest lump (the one I felt) was at the top so chances are there will be cells in level 3 so will be having chemo. Scary times but so relieved I found the lump and followed up so quickly xx

Hi all, thanks Claire and Helena ❤️
I’m feelin quiet uncomfortable today after a rough night. The drain is stinging and the staples in my wound pulling, feeling overtired and grouchy but going out for lunch with a few girlfriends will cheer me up. I’m seeing the surgeon this afternoon and will find out how many lymph nodes were cancerous. Then oncologist tomorrow to work on treatment plan. Nervous ... yep.
Also the sentence hearing for the driver that hit Tone was last Monday and although we accepted the sentence (didn’t go to court because we chose not too) both adult kids are angry. Winter has hit here but you lovely friends on the other side of the road would be laughing at us. Xxx
Community Champion

Gosh it is quiet on here tonight, everyone must have been enjoying the lovely weather today xxx

Community Champion

So this was the menu from our birthday lunch today at Adams Restaurant in Birmingham.  Totally and absolutely awesome, what a way to start the lead up to my birthday.  xxx

Adams Menu.jpg

Community Champion

Ahh thank you so much ladies! 😘 was throughly spoiled by everyone yesterday and now finishing off the packing before flying off on hols in the morning 😎☀️🍸 Feeling very blessed Xx 

So sorry I’m late, but very many happy returns to Jo and Alibobs, hope youve both been celebrating in the way you love the most.

ive been upto to my eyes playing nurse Ratchet and over dosing on The Handmaids series 1, caught up on episode 1 of series 2, just episode 2 to got then I’m upto date, horrifying and gripping xx