Re: Progesterone, assorted other hormones and fluffy cake

Dizzy that's fab news about becoming a neddie again 😘 Xxx

Helena we'll all be with you even if it's not in body definitely spirt ❤️ Xxxx

Beth sending you and your family much love xxxxxx

Lee it's lovely to hear from you sending you huge hugs xxxxx

After a few difficult weeks at work I applied for a 3 day working week it got approved today I'm so relieved. After working full time for more years than I care to count it's time to put me first.
Love and hugs to you all xxxx
Community Champion

Dizzy

that is the same as Colin, he has gone easily 9 months without getting an attack and even then he took a tablet but wasnt sure if it was, however he was erring on the side of caution xxx

Delly

I had a lovely holiday thank you, the Scillies really haven't changed since we went there for our honeymoon (1985!) They were in a time warp then. We couldn't do much walking though, it was so hot, and most of the other islands don't have many trees, so no shade anywhere. So I was forced to sit in the shade on St Mary's admiring the view and eating ice cream...

My all clear letter came today, so that's safely out of the way,  I can't believe how this two years has flown by. Thank you to all the Fluffies, because I don't know how I would have managed without you.

Beth, I don't know whether you read this thread now, but I just wanted to say that I'm sorry to hear about your Mum, the last few months and weeks must have been so difficult. So sending you love and thinking of you.

Helena

It doesn't seem fair poor Colin gets gout, he already has enough to deal with. Mike used to get it and it's obviously agony, now he takes medication that prevents it. But he had it for years off and on.

Noted some absentees
Rubes - How's that knee of yours? Any better??
Charys, Janey - Haven't signed in for a while. Hope you're okay?
xxxxxx

[ Edited ]

Hi again grills,

Lesley, I was so sorr y to hear about your Sis. How is she doing?

How's your chest? You do realise you have to choose between either anti B's and the hic liquid, don't you, otherwise they cancel each other out. I know which one I'd and you'd prefer, so stick to what's preferable, as oppo to what's best!! Hope your Dorset friend's daughter is winning her custody battle and her health gets better. Am chuckling again at your garden battles with your OH. Advice - You thought about buying one of those robot grass cutters!! Smiley LOL Just caught news of "his" accident - crikey Lush. Hope he's okay after, is he? Ref your BCN - hope her false nails soon drop off! or her own crumble!! Yeh, I did wonder about your inside or outside pool mention. Damn - Was just about to invite myself for a w/end!! I'd have brought plenty of wine (well chilled, I add!!). Will STILL do, if you give me any excuse to!! 

Lady H - Hope Col's improved with the cooler weather. Glad to hear you're not targeted as "urgent" for your op, darlin. Stair lift - that sounds a fandabidozee idea. Hope you can persuade him. From my past life as a Pod, I know gout's terribly painful. Poor love. 

Lee - So good to hear from you. Oh, you poor, brave lady. What a Ffffflippin (polite!) awfully tough time for you. I take my Beanie off to you, as I'm sure everyone else on here is. Workwise - Well I'm hoping your "good" weeks far exceed your "bad" ones. If your weird food cravings include Lobsters - that you're getting plenty of 'em and whatever else your poor bod desires. Am sending you loads and loads of love, and wishing you bucket loads of strength to help you through all of this s**t you're going through. Hope your hubbie's still doing well too. Heart Heart Heart 

Darlin-Dizzy - How was your hol? Did you have a good time?? (Getting you to tell us about your hols is like drawing blood from a stone). Go on, tell us, pleeease. Hope you don't have to wait much longer on your Mamm results and they're GOOD!

Ann - How's your hubby going on with his knee?

Love y'all loads

Dellywelly xxxxxxxxx Some extra for Beth xxxxxx 

Hi Fluffylisciouslies,

Wanted to post this, before catching up and anything else. Just found out Beth lost her lovely Mum on the 15th July.

I know you'll all be equally as upset as I am to hear such sad news, so I'm posting a message Beth sent from April last year, that just happened to come up (weird really), when I linked into the Fluffs thread. Maybe not altogether appropriate, but a mark to BethyBoos lovingness and our own loving thoughts to her at this incredibly sad time for her. It's been an tough 2 1/2 yrs endurance for her Mum and family. But, as Beth herself said, "now there's no more suffering, and she's finally at peace". I've sent a personal email but I'm sure all of You/We hope that, that thought itself can be some degree of consolation, comfort and solace to you, my dear BethyBoo, at such an upsetting time.

My heart, thoughts and love are with you xxxx 

"Evening lovelies

my thought for today. There's so much of the unknown out there, we must make the most of what we do know.....and have. Be it family or friends. I don't think I've ever felt so grateful in my life after hearing about Lesley's friends.  Sending hugs, cwtches and love to everyone who needs them, especially you Lesley. xxx"IMG_0977.JPG

Right Lady H, now try and enjoy the rest of your summer and try and get Colin to accept all the help and assistance available including stairlift, you need to be able to concentrate on yourself without fretting over him.  Honestly men, I do understand that they feel the need to try and keep as much independence as possible but you’d think they’d realise thst all these things actually give them more not less, hey ho. we love them anyway.

Its still too hot here though today we did have a fair bit of cloud but that just made it more heavy and humid.  Did enjoy a nice stroll along the river Thames after lunch admiring all the beautiful boats.  Think if I sold my house I still wouldnt have enough  to buy one.  Still, not complaining, quite content, if I had One it would only be something else to clean xx

Community Champion

Fluffies

Okay op date confirmed for 18 September.  Now it is real Smiley Sad xx

Oh dear Dizzy, anxious times. My first check after treatment came in 6 days, this time it took nearly 3 weeks, I was climbing the walls convinced there was something wrong.  Can never secondguess these things.  The waiting is just awful.

All ready waiting for a lovely friend to pick me up.  Off for a walk along the river in Marlow then lunch there.  Really looking forward to as ages since I saw her.  Not sure when, but must have been months ago as I can remember us eating our lunch in front of a roaring log fire, don’t think we will be today, it’s scorching hot already.  She was the boss’s PA in my lady job and we had desks opposite each other and we used to keep each other sane muttering rude things to that one one else could hear when things got too stress.  At first glance we looked like two respectable middle aged women but loved shocking the youngsters in the office.  I would say, oh happy days but being retired is much better.

Blessed day (Haidmaid fans will get that) xx

Lesley

The first mammogram I ever had, I wondered why people talk about it  being uncomfortable and squishy,  mine was just fine. So I assumed everything would be okay. That was Monday, on the Thursday, they rang up to say there was a problem and they'd made me an apointment to come in next day.  And when I went and they showed me the mammogram, it showed a huge white mass right across the middle which they described as "very worrying". And yep, I was very worried you could say.

So they redid the mammogram, and this time I got squished good and proper. And all that solid white had disappeared and it was fine. It turned out that on the first plate they'd sort of got two layers of tissue, sort of a fold, which looked like tumour tissue because it showed up dense and white. So now while I'm being squished I know there's a good reason for it, dodgy images can give false positives.

When I had the next recall, for the cancer, I didn't get a letter for two weeks, so I assumed it must be okay because I knew they phoned people up really quickly when they were worried. So it was a real shock to get a recall after two weeks, and now I don't assume that no news is good news.

Community Champion

ann

Colin is doing much better, he is especially doing well with his walker so much so that another one is being delivered tomorrow so that he has one for upstairs and downstairs, now just need him to get his head around having a stairlift and life will be so much easier for him.  He unfortunately has had an attack og gout which has caused him problems for the last couple of days but seems to be getting over that as well now.

I am so glad that I am off this week as the effects of the last couple of weeks has really started to tell on me.  I have done absolutely nothing the last two days but sit and do my cross stitch.  Went out for a meal with a couple of friends tonight and it was lovely just to chill with them.

How are you doing? xxx

Community Champion

Lesley

I think OH needs to be wrapped in cotton wool and put in a protective bubble, blimey I thought I was accident prone Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

thankfully it is a lot cooler here than it has been for several weeks.  We actually had a bew drops of rain last night, never thought I would be excited about rain xxx

Community Champion

So good to hear from you Lee & that it’s going along as ok as it can be. Sending hugs. x

What is your OH like, Lesley, he certainly gets himself into some scrapes, do hope he has a swift recovery.

Do hope you get the results soon, Dizzy, just channel that inner zen!

Do hope Colin’s ok, Helena.

Well, for the first time, we hit 30c here this week & they’ve even started harvesting in the fields, it’s never been this early! 🌾🌾🌾
Love to you all
ann 💖

Dizzy, no news is good news so they say.  I was told I’d get the results in 2-3 weeks.  I waited until 2 days before the 3 week cut off.  My mind was in overdrive, oh, must be something found so they’ve sent it to the appointments  desk, that’s why it’s taking so long etc, then it came, all clear.  It’s an awful time waiting for the postman.  Will be checking on here everyday waiting for you to say, it’s arrived, all ok.  Had an email from an old friend who moved away from the area about 10years ago, she was diagnosed a year before me.  This year she got a call back, shock horror.  Her, husband and children all went into panic mode.  All turned ok, just not good enough pics on mammogram, phew....  so even a call back is not necessarily  bad news.  Will file thst away for future reference.

Today was cooler but still flipping hot.  Would have revelled  in it if I hadn’t had to come off hrt, now they’re saying back up to 30degrees next couple  of days so got all my chillows, ice packs, and mattress coolers lined up in plastic bags ready for the freezer.  So wish I had an outside swimming pool, not that I’ve got an inside one in case anyone is thinking thst xx

Lee, it's lovely to hear from you, I often wonder how things are going for you. I guess winter is maybe a good time to lose your hair, everyone else is wearing beanies too. And the thought of it in the summer is making me hot and itchy just thinking about it. Though I guess our summers are nothing like yours anyway, we are so not used to this. I guess no one swans through chemo, but each lot is one closer to the end.

Lesley, your poor OH has no luck does he? But he doesn't sound the type to take things carefully so I don't suppose you'd get anywhere trying to wrap him up in cotton wool.

I'm practicing my inner Zen, they said I could phone up for my mammogram results, but I thought I'd just wait for the letter to come, sometime in the next week I guess. So I'm definitely not thinking about it...

Hello all,

very wuiet on her lately, guess every is either enjoying the hot weather or trying to keep cool.  They keep promising rain but none in our corner of the country so far.

Lee, you are a trooper!  You sound so upbeat and positive even though though going through such a tough time.  Well. You’re a third of the way through now so hang on in there.  Sendin* hugs to you down under xx

As usual himself has been causing me grief.  Really bad fall in town Saturday.  Someone called an ambulance but he made them call and cancel it.  Got home and  i cleaned him up and bandaged him.  Sunday morning i insisted he go to minor injuries at local hospital.  They put him in an ambulance to hospital 45 minutes away for emergency brain scan as they were worried he had a bleed on the brain.  Thankfully not.  Umpteen other checks, X-rays, ecg etc redid my dressings and course of antibiotics anD discharged.  His face is a right mess.  We popped out earlier and everytime some e looked st him I said, thst will teach him for answering me back.  I got some strange looks.

Had my nails done and sitting next to me getting hers done with my breast care nurse.  Only time I saw her was the day I was told the news.  Every time I phoned and left a message on of her colleagues called me back, was not impressed with her at all, still thankfully that’s all behind me xx

Community Champion

Re: .Re: Progesterone, assorted other hormones and fluffy cake

Lee

Hiya mate, lovely to hear from you.  You are such an inspiration to us all with everything you have been through in the last couple of years, it will not be long before you are the other side of all your treatment. It is good to hear that your work are being so supportive, it makes such a difference.

Well we have just had the hottest spell of weather we have known for a very long time, thankfully the temperatures are cooler and more the norm for our summer.  It is funny I was bowling against a lady who comes from Austrailia, it was teh evening and still around 25 degrees, she had got a thermal vest on and was saying how cold she was, the rest of us were wilting and taking on as much water as possible.

Sending you hugs xxxx

.Re: Progesterone, assorted other hormones and fluffy cake

Hi, it's been loving having a read and a catchup with you all.

I had my op, 26 lymph nodes were taken from under my arm and 8 had cancer. I had my second dose of chemo last Friday (I will have 6, one every three weeks, then a four week break, then 3 weeks targeted radiotherapy under my arm, same side as the first breast cancer thank god).

I started losing my hair two weeks and one day after the first treatment so happily shaved it off myself the night before the second dose. Now everytime I get a hot flush I take off my beanie and it cools me down - it is winter here and everyone is complaining because it is bloody freezing, to us anyway haha.

The ups and downs of side effects, worry, fatigue, insomnia and weird food cravings (nothing tastes quite right) are tolerable this time. First treatment my body went into a shock on day four and I ended up on the floor of the shower thinking, bugger, not going to swan through this one. 

Work has been good and are letting me do extra hours in my good weeks to make up for the bad week as I don't have any sick leave left.

Sending love and hugs across the sea.

Lee xxxx

Community Champion

Hello fluffies

Sorry I have not been around for a good few days, Colin has been bedridden for the last 14 days the heat has really affected him, so I have been looking after him more than usual, thankfully it is a lot cooler and he has been able to get downstairs. 

Had my pre op assessment yesterday and will be booked in to have my hysterectomy some time in September, I was asked when I wanted to have it as I am not "targeted" so presumably they do not believe it to be anything sinister, I will need that time to sort home and work out before I go off.

Hope everyone is feeling better now that the heat has decreased and it looks as if we are forcast some rain tomorrow, great just in time for me to get my hair cut tomorrow evening and the start of my week off

Love and hugs to you all xxxx

Hello you gorgeous lot,

Havent been on for a while but not forgotten you, honest.  It’s been a pretty hectic time.  My sister has a pretty nasty health scare going on at the moment.  Mri scan booked next week followed up with appointment with gnae consultant.  Surgery def on the cards but hoping it’s just that and not lots of nasty treatment too.  Just back from a couple of days in Dorset keeping my friend company looking after her grandchildren while her daughter who has serious health issues to deal with is trying to sort things out as ex is trying snatch children.  Honestly, my life is bliss compared to what Ive witnissed others dealing with recently.

I have a chest infection at the moment but on antibiotics so they’ll soon kick it’s a***.  

Delly, lovely to see you on here again.  Himself though suffering from this never ending heat is trying to claim back his garden. No chance it’s MINE now as long as I don5  have to cut the grass and due to the never ending blazing sun we don’t have any, just straw.

Right, time to start getting the beer and vino ready for the football.  I hate football normally but I am patriotic so will be watching tonight xx