cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Progesterone, assorted other hormones and fluffy cake

Community Champion

Re: Progesterone, assorted other hormones and fluffy cake

Hey all,

Just thought I'd pop in and say hi at this 'three year anniversary' for me (of joining the site)...and my thoughts turned to you all of course. Great to hear Helena that your two year mammo was clear and all is good. My third is due very soon, and as usual the feeling that we ALL get at this sort of time. Lee.....looking simply awesome....really, fabulous and glowing with health. Long may it last. Hi Dizzy, Ann and Delly. Hope you are all keeping well xx

Community Champion

Looking fabulous, Lee & so good to hear from you. 

Do hope you’re both doing well

ann x

Community Champion

Lee 

Helllooooooo, oh how wonderful to hear from you  you look bloody amazing adore the hair x

Yes the website has been upgraded and it has and still is causing a lot of problems.

How are you doing my darling xxx

I finally popped in to see you all and thought I’d lost you forever! Luckily I had an old link on my phone to the group because you’d disappeared. 

Ooooh just found a picture option which is new ... my first haircut a couple of weeks ago because the curls were cute but crazy. I’m loving catching up with you all. I’ll keep reading and catching up post again soon xxxxx Helena thank you for asking after me and Tone 💕

B99E308D-DD66-4E40-9BA2-B6648B0F31CB.jpeg

Community Champion

Had my 2nd year mammo and once apt on Tuesday all good he said see you next year 😀

Community Champion

Dizzy

Ward was too warm for chocolate so I took him in some gingernut biscuits, which was what he asked for so all good.  I cant wait until I have him home here again with me xx

A quick check in from me to say happy Easter to all the Fluffies, a big hug for Helena spending Easter on your own, I hope you got to take Colin some chocolate. And a hug for Delly Delicious, it's lovely to hear from you again. We're a bit infrequent on this thread these days, but hopefully it's a sign of moving on from the dark days at the beginning when we were comparing notes on surgery and rads, and getting nervous before appointments.

Happy birthday Janey, nearly forgot! I hope you had a lovely day, great weather for a birthday...

Love to all

Xx

Community Champion

Delly

Oh that very special Delly hug, love it.

Well the good news is that ithe MRI showed no inflammation therefore no progression so it is a relapse.  He is having 3 days of steroids but we are not sure what happens after that but I am sure they will let us know.

I am finishing tomorrow and am not back in work until 29 April so a nice long break, the weather is going to be good so hoping to get in the garden and sort it out.  I havent done anything in there since September last year so looking forward to it xxx

Ohhhh - Helena.

I'm soooo very sorry to hear your Col news, sweetheart. 6 weeks!!Smiley Sad That must be terribly upsetting for you BOTH. 'Cept that he's in the "best place", so to speak, to be cared for and treated, rather than you having to "struggle", hey? I hope he picks up soon, so is back home soon.

I'm just gently revving myself up to give, and send you, the most GINORMOUS, warm, tight (umph!) and loooong "Delly" hug, Darlin' girl. 

Cooo, flip, you got it??!!!  Heart Heart Heart

How's everyone else??  Listen, "that" was a spesh for Helena, stop lining up, you lot !! Ohhhh, alright then.  Stop shovin and pushin.  "I'm" gonna be exhausted Smiley Very Happy, but I don't care !!!

I went to see the this years Britains Got Talent winner, and of previous other accolades, " The No Voice Man" on Sunday night. Both HE and his support, "Johnny Awesome", were great fun. Well worth seeing if they're on near you, gooooo. It's a great cheery night, so worth every penny. Am soo glad I went; to see a guy, severely disabled with Cerebral Palsey, basically take the "P" out of himself!! Bless him

Community Champion

Delly

Great to hear that you doing so well, that is fab x

Colin is in hospital at the moment, after 5 weeks of him being bedridden I told him I was getting the doc in regardless of what he wanted, he just accepted it.  He has been there for 10 days now, had an MRI yesterday so hopefully we will get the results in the next day or so and then they can put a treatment plan in place.  It is going to be a long road back as he has not used his legs for six weeks now, but everything crossed that they will be able to sort him out and he will be home with me again very soon xxx

Hey Fluffs

Apols for not getting back on sooner, have been busy "actually" getting on with stuff, for a change.

Hope everyone is doing and feeling well.

Helena - Hi Sweetiepie.  Sooo, how's Col doing, from your last post earlier in April. Any improvement, flower?? I do hope so. How are YOU doing??

Lotsa lurrrrv and xxxxxx's

Dellywelly

P.s. Am I the only one, who's struggling with the new site???  Seems to take forever for a page to LOAD ?  X  

Community Champion

Delly darling

lovely to hear from you and you sound as if you have had a fantastic time, keep up the good work and fingers crossed with the poo thing.

Colin is no better unfortunately, he has finally given in to my calling in teh Doc so home visit arranged for Thursday and I will be there.

xxx

Charyyyyssss

Ref your message on 14.3 - You reeally do need to cut down on the sweetcorn and Broccolli, my dear girl, and stop complaining about "Wind, Wind"  Smiley Wink xxx 

Cooo-Eeeee Fluffiliciouslies

Have popped on for a quick look at yers. Big changes and/but not much posting from my fave women!

Helena - I hope Col has recovered from his recent MS relapse, has he?? I still need to catch up further.

My apols for not having posted since 29.1., but I was back down in that deep, dark, fetid hole again

BUT . . . da dada da da da derr Have just come back from 5, yes 5 weeks away. All spur of the mo', and ALL also from just a "single" night away. Done from just an overnight bag, with pair of spare underwear and socks!!! Yes, of course I bought more supplies as it went along. Cheapy socks and knicks from Primani, a few more add-ons, from charity shops (great in more upmarket towns such as Winchester). And . .  I came back with very little dirty washing, because I kept washing things in the bath.

Finally did that "roadtrip" to see friends, mostly in the South. But started from seeing my one legged Uncle Gordy, him a best bud also, in Hereford for that "one" first night. We were having such a lovely time, enjoying each others company, I stayed three. And it basically went on from there.

I'm not going to go into all the places right now, but I've had a fab time, enjoyed EVERY minute, and have met some lovely, lovely new people, friends, who have already been in contact, so I can't be all bad, can I?? Don't answer that you lot Smiley Wink

Gawd, I feel so recharged mentally and desperately need to keep it up, now I'm back to my massive pile of messes to "want" to sort. Have already attacked a few things daily (Janey jobs), but I'm still not well physically. Came back to suspicious results of my NHS 60th birthday pressie Poo sample kit. So have just have had to redo the doo doo's. I was not surprised by the results from how my tums been feeling, and this constant washed outness, So we'll see. Fortunately my mental state has somehow been over-riding the physical tiredness, with lots of added rest and relaxation. And good company of course, which I miss and absolutely thrive on when it's there and readily available.

Sooo, I'll pop back soon, have a proper catch-up.

But in the meantime, lots of love, kisses and big Delly hugs being sent (Gordy loves 'em, bless) to EVERYone

Dellywellydingdong  xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and x

Community Champion

Charys

He has had a relapse with his MS, been in bed now for a little over two weeks.  He is slowly starting to improve but it has been exhausting for the both of us xx

Community Champion

OH no, whats up with Colin ???

Community Champion

Charys

I think we are forcast it again as well. 

Am ok been a bit of a hard time lately  colin has not been well xx

Community Champion

Aye, the wind, the wind, every time I collect all the sticks and branches from round then garden....we get another storm. I think another one due this weekend ?

Hope you are keeping well Helena and Dizzy......I'm goooooodddddd

Community Champion

Dizzy

I know what you mean, so fed up with it and I havent been able to wear my lovely hats for weeks for fear of them blowing away Smiley Sad

We are having really heavy squally showers today, managed to dodge two today coming home from work and then helping my neighbour taking her shopping in.

xxx

Helena

He did manage tò get away on Monday, though he still had long delays. This windy weather is getting on my nerves!

Community Champion

Dizzy

Has your son managed to get away today xx

No, definitely not happy with it! My son should have been flying from Exeter tonight to Amsterdam but his plane has been cancelled. We have wet snow, not settling. It's hard to believe I was sitting outside in a t-shirt a few days ago.

Community Champion

Hello fluffies

Hope everyone is well and enjoying, not!!, this rather stormy weather.  We have not had any snow thank god but it is extremely windy xx

Community Champion

Gosh I have just seen that we are on our way to 11,000 posts since Charys started it in 2016.

Lee dont know if you are reading the forum now, especially after all the issues with the upgrade, but wanted to send you and hubby all best wishes from across the oceans.  Love to hear from you  xxx

Community Champion

ann

Dont know if it is just this thread but certainly seems to have settled down and it is so much easier to post without the stress of trying to get to the front of the thread, fingers crossed xx

Community Champion

Have you had the snow at all xx

Highlighted

Hi. How great to hear from you all

a bit jet lagged as in Washington DC at a dermatology congress !  

The update  has been a bit tricky, but thanks Helena for bringing this back to the top !! 

😘🤗

Community Champion

Hi all,

Well, it's certainly been quiet on here but hopefully the upgrade is settling down now.

Sue & Charys, great to hear from you both Smiley Happy

love to everybody & hope all's well with you all xxx

Community Champion

Charys

And me but it is taking so much energy to do, i am afraid i did give up a couple of weeks ago as it was really stressing me out xx

Community Champion

Sue

Hello oh how lovely to hear from you. 

I decided to go on a mission and find this thread as it was buried deep down. 

Hope all is well with you too

Xxxx

Community Champion

Hiyer,

I'm heeerrrrreeeeeee Helena, all going well......... I am slowly slowly bit by bitty getting to grips with this upgrade thingy. Hiyer Sue!

Community Champion

Hi Helen,

I wondered why there were no notifications in my inbox and put it down to the forum update. 

All well this end! Long may it remain so. Hoping all, who still remember me are doing ok, too. 

Hugs to you and all

Sue H-S

Community Champion

Hello Fluffies

Been a while since anyone has posted on here.

Hope you are all well

Helena xxx

Oh dear Delly, that leak sounds a bit unfortunate! But maybe it will turn out to be a blessing in disguise, to give you a bit of a nudge to get on with finishing the job...I hope you get something sorted quickly.

Love to all the Fluffies old and new, hope you're all keeping warm in this weather.

Xxx

Whey-Hey,

Claireebee - Good to see you flower, and really glad to hear you're doing so well. 

Kip - Well I thank you for the compliment, but Fabulous no - compassionate and talk a lot, yeh!! Smiley Wink Crikey, that's been a real tough 9 months for you. I applaud you, well done for slogging and toughing it out.

Yes, this site proved to be a godsend for me too, for different reasons. I have been picked up many a time, when in the depths, by such lovely, caring women, this lovely ether lot on here have been rocks.

It can feel a bit of a weird place initially, finishing your active treatment - great and a relief that it's over, but you can feel a bit bereft or cast adrift on your own, so to speak, after you've become used to having the medic teams close by. As well as continuing to use this site, Kip, my suggestion would be to grasp all the help available, anything going. MacMillan courses, free complimentary therapies at centres, counselling if you feel you need, support group if there's one connected to your hospital. You'll have the opportunity to meet other fellow kick breast cancer's butt (!!) women in person, hopefully have a bit of fun together.

I'm actually having a boob problem myself at the moment, girls. These expanders, installed March 2014, are only advised for around two years. So, yes, I know I'm looong overdue for the permanent silicon replacements, but just didn't get back on that horse through one thing and another. Would have all been finished end of 2014, had my op not been firstly cancelled by my consultant and then subsequently by me a couple of times. Well my left one's developed a slow leak!! Aaaaargh, get the puncture repair kit, somebody! Has slowly lost about a quarter of its fluid in the last week, so I'm now being forced me to do something sharpish. Need to drop a letter into my GP, to request an appointment to see the surgeon again.

I don't know if it is anything to do with the seepage of extra saline solution into my system, but I've been feeling really exhausted (deflated?!) the last 4 days.

I'll keep you informed.

S'all for now Fluffs, as I'm just beginning to feel sleepy at a normal hour for a change, so need to cash in on it.

Keep kicking Kip.

Loadsa love to everyone,  Dellypoos xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx     

Hi Delly 😘
I’m doing really well and still around just looking in every now and then thank you for thinking of me
Much love Clair xxx
Kip Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Delly,

Thanks for the shoutout!   I've been on the forum since April 2018 from diagnosis.  I've had MX, 6 x chemo, ANC and 15 x rads and finished active treatment on 19th December 2019 so now in that limbo land of trying to get a life back and deal with all the worry demons.   I find this site a life line and have met (electronically) lots of wonderful ladies who have helped me along the way.  I was prowling the many pages to see if I could find any answers to my aches and pains, possibly chemo based or Tamoxifen.. seems many suffer with them as well. Came across your beautiful article and it made me stop feeling sorry for my aching butt!   You sound like a fabulous person... xxx

Kip

xx

My Apologies - it's often a mistake to list names. I left out Bethy-Boo, from the early origins of this lovely thread, and forth until very recently.

Hi to any of you "oldies" looking in, hope you're all doing well

Loadsa love

Delly xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ladybowler - I was just glad to be around for. Helped take me out of myself. I've missed you . Never mind me (but thanks), I read your posts, all over the place/Forum. You do an amazing job supporting others and I read the praise and thanks you get. You give out a huge amount,and are very valued, you know.

It's a shame posts are dwindling on here, after it being so busy for such a long time, and with so many longstanding stalwarts. I often wonder how Ruby's doing? Noted glady CraftyCharys and JuicyJaney, DarlinDizzy, LusciousLesley still sneak in occasionally. And where's Corr Clairee? Ann stilll bobs in, and Jill.

Hey Ho

Loadsa love, Dellywelly xxxxxxxxxxxxxx  

Community Champion

Delly

I totally believe it fate and it was obviously meant to be meeting that lady when you did, you are one awesome lady my friend xxx

Thanks girls. For reading and responding

I'm hoping you're all doing well

Wombat Woo (comical name Smiley Tongue) - Yes, I'd be delighted to give you the name of the book, darlin'. It's "Grief Works" by Julia Samuel. Can be bought from Amazon. You obviously have a need for or interest in it yourself? That's just it - I'm not being in the least bit arrogant, but I AM that much better at giving/supporting other people than myself. Weird isn't it. Was why I got hooked into the Forum in the first place - to give support to other fellow BC women, because it literally broke my heart that so many other women were being diagnosed. But . . I gained so much back in the process, without ever wanting or expecting to.

Kip - Can I just say - that's a great photo of you! Thank you so much for your reply. No, it didn't take me anything, because the moment she said she'd just lost her son by suicide, we immediately had something in common, in that I'd lost my brother to the same 2012. Gave us an immediate Empathy about something so tragic. I don't know where you're up to with your BC journey, and as to why you're on the Forum. (I'll check it out through your posts). But I do hope you're doing well, lovely lady.

Mishy - Thank you too, little flower. Any news on your op yet?

New friend and I are meeting again this Thurday, I have thoughts to take her for a nice lunch somewhere, so I beneft too!!!  I'm glad you understood my reason to post such, I hoped you might.

None of it was demeaning BC and all your/our experiences of. I just hoped it would provide another slant on the other "vagaries" of life, and could help pull those of you who may be/or feel "stuck", out of it (whatever 'it' may be!!). You've all said such. Job done then.

Loadsa love, Dellywelly xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx !!  

Delly what can I say that meeting was meant to be you were obviously meant to have that chance meeting been drawn towards each other in both very different times of need
You wrote this so beautifully Delly with so much honesty thank you for sharing xxx
Kip Community Champion
Community Champion

OMG... don't know how I ended up on this thread...but perhaps it was fate....

Delly - I have just read your post and talk about wow put things in perspective... made me sit and and think and stop feeling sorry for myself... the reminder I need at the moment that you never know whats happening in someones life.. we aren't the only ones... You write beautifully and more than that.. it take a special person to be able to sit with a stranger, a stranger in need too, and take the time to chat for 2 hours.... well done you.. I know a lot of people who would have shied away!

Restored my faith in human nature!

Thank you Delly

Kip

xx

Wow! Delly right place at the right time and all that. .... sounds to me as if you two were meant to meet up - mutual support - sometimes it really helps to give support to someone else - perhaps it’s the realisation that bad stuff happens to others too... anyway enough theorising from me 😊. Would you be so kind as to put the title and author of the book on grief please ??
Well that knocked me out of my poor me Monday morning stupor. Off to face the world. Thanks for sharing Delly. It must be some coffee shop !!! Xxx

Ahh shucks, you're all such a loada sweeties. (Ohhhhhhh Yes you are)

I wasn't posting for sympathy you know, girls. I was just wanting to explain/inform what had been happening with me, why I'd been away.

But Thank You, and your 60th birthday wishes, Alibobs, Mishy, and Wombat Woo. Bothered about 60? Ha ha - Jeez, been the least of my probs. And anyway, I decided, whilst I'm feeling more positive, I have ALL bloomin year to celebrate - Whooo-Hooo!!! So can perhaps do it in a bigger way when I'm stronger. My imagination's running riot with a week at Sitges on the Spanish coast, in order to commute into Barcelona, but then there's Florence, Bologna, Sienna. And I would go back in a shot to Venice, over and over. But other places to see, I haven't yet been to.

My head would never have even have entertained such thoughts, 2 weeks ago, but I have to watch "hypers", getting carried away off on one!!

None of what follows has anything to do with BC, hormones, chemo, surgery. Its only connection is me and BC's now only a 'small' part of my problems the last number of years. But I know you lot will understand me writing of it.

I popped for a coffee and bite after my hairdressers on my birthday, to a very nice, friendly Christian cafe just across from. No, I'm not religious, and hadn't set foot in the place since my previous haircut, 9 months before!

I'd been there an hour, eaten, chatted with a few people, and was just about to go, when a lady walked in, sat on the next table, got up and moved her table closer to me to move away from the door draft. Got chatting, as I do and she was friendly and cheerful. I probably asked "Is this somewhere you come often"?! No, she'd popped in for the first time last week after visiting the funeral directors, just down the road. It transpired she'd just lost her 32 yr old son, on the 5th Jan.    Took his life.     He'd hung himself from a tree (lummee!), in a small wooded area not far from his friends house where he was staying!!!    I just went cold, was gobsmacked. Just said, "I cannot imagine what you must be feeling right now, as a Mother. It must be the worst nightmare of a parent to lose a child before themself, but especially in such a way", and just let her talk.

After such traumatic news, she felt a need to visit 'the spot', only to see and meet the man who'd actually found and reported him, laying a bunch of flowers under the tree!

He died 5th Jan and the cremation isn't until 31st?! - evidently there's a queue around here! All that time to have to 'sit' with it. 

She and I talked till chuckin out time, 2 hrs later. Exchanged tel. no's, and she gave me the most gynormous hug goodbye and thanks. Boy, did she play on my thoughts after though. And I was sat drinking a coffee, when I was drawn to a scrap of torn out paper from the Mail in front of me, with the details of a book on "Grief" that had had great reviews. I'd saved it for myself, but it had been lying around for two years, obviously waiting for some other reason (not for me to tidy away, note!! Smiley Wink). So I ordered her a copy, and myself the one I'd obviously meant to, as well. Texted her to say I'd ordered her a book, would it be okay meet up again to give to, and was she okay. We spent another two hours chatting on the phone. It wasn't all serious. She's a nurse so has a "dark" humour, me too sometimes, so we giggled as well.

But, she'd just been to see her son that day, at the crem, after he'd been embalmed and "prepared". Said it was a far better experience to see him now, than her previous one to identify his body, where her image of her poor boy had just been one of a "tortured" face (can you imagine), and was now, thankfully, a more peaceful and serene one. So she felt slightly more at "peace" from it.

Jeeez ladies, I know I witter on, had lost my bruv to the same, have been close to the same place myself, but I don't know what this poor woman must be feeling and going through in her head and heart right now. I was always sooo glad my Mum was spared the trauma of my bruv, her having already gone 2 yrears before. It'd probably have near killed her, though I'd have made darn sure it didn't.

I've asked if I can attend her boys funeral on the 31st, and I am doing. Its the first funeral I've felt able to go to since my Mum and bruvs, as I just couldn't face any.

Isn't it weird, how a flicker of light can come from something so sad and traumatic. I feel like I've gained a new friend from the most dyer/dier(?), dreadful, tragic of circumstances. This has all happened in the last two weeks of the most s**ttiest 9 months. Makes me wonder about "Fate", "Stars", "Providence", "Serendipity". I've often felt a bit of a fake infiltrator on this thread, me not being on hormones and long past the initial BC trauma. But as I said, I felt it would touch you. Temporarily take us away from BC, give us some 'respite' from, remind us there's other sh*t out there too. Which can help ground us so to speak, don't you think. Certainly did me.

Loadsa loveydovey stuff to you all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx         

Aww Delly we've missed you and your wonderful posts!!! Happy belated birthday too!!! Welcome to the 60s club!! It's just a number!!! Hope you are feeling much brighter now. You always manage to put a smile on my face and I'm sure everyone elses too. Get that tiara back on and strut your stuff princess!!!😘😘😘

Happy Burthday Delly. Sorry you have had such a **bleep** time. Here’s to a better year.
🍾🍾🍾🍾🌞🌞🌞🌞🌈🌈☀️☀️☀️☀️🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂

Delly I'm sorry to hear that you have had a tough time and hope you are now turning a corner it can be a bloody awful business when you feel this way I'm sure as I have said to others on this forum is the one SE we never prepared for but it's great to hear that you connected again with your good friend Happy 60th birthday too 🎂 🎉🎉🎉 and really lovely to hear from you sending big hugs to you and hello lovely ladies 👭

Thanks Juliewulie - Hope you're okay too.

LadyH - Thank You for your lovely card, and it's such a weird coincidence, as I've just ordered a stack of "Pop-Up" cards. I've a bit of a thing for them, ordered some beautiful peacock ones last year - really special. So you're more in tune than we think, hey. 

Am wobbling from day to day at the mo', but anythings better than that fetid, festering place!! Had I the magic potion or pill, gun even, I'd have gladly used them Have even been doing some "Janey Jobs" (thanks again for that little gem, Juicy!).

I could have gone on further early this morning, but felt it better to ease you back in gently! Smiley Wink

I'm interested in the HRT, hormone, Mentalpause discussion, as I've often thought my depression also started around the same time as I started Mentalpause, and whether it was also connected, further exacerbated by the loss of Oestrogen. Granted I'd had a fair few other massive trauma's and life changes, but I used to be a tough, resilient, scrawny bird. Rarely phased by anything, and a battler. But they do say the stronger fall harder and farther. Makes me wonder though. I'm even looking at an advert I tore out of the Cheshire Life (last year!), "Feeling Tired, Exhausted or Depressed? It could be your Hormones - blood profiling and hormone restoration therapy. You too could be happy in Life"!! Might be worth me trying. I seem to have my hot flushes under control with these tabs I've put myself on again, but then again it IS the middle of Winter. i'll be able to tell better in the warmer months. 

S'all very interesting though, what's currently cropping up with new HRT theories.

And yes, Charys, you're information from the medics is very confusing for you, to say the least.

I've also found a Hypnotherapist who has a particular interest in and specialises in Depression. Unfortunately, she's down in Swindon, but provides a great deal of helpful info, a couple of download courses and free download tasters of them. It's quite fascinating, because it doesn't deal with going over the same talk of the sources. Just gives you the tools to bypass all that, and just concentrates on changing your attitude with constant practise, which in itself raises the Serotonin levels bit by bit.So the old adage "Think Positively" is actually very founded. I've experienced Hypno before, even had a big nappy pin stuck through a fold of skin on my forearm, so I know it's effectiveness. Just never thought of it to treat depression before now. Sad thing is, my friends a Hypnotherapist, and very passionate about her work, but it's difficult to work with close contacts.

I'm all great at getting fired up about things, and great at not doing anything about them, often then lacking the motivation to follow through.   

Anyway girlies, that's all for now. Gonna just jump in the car to escape somewhere nice for a few hours. Have done a few jobs for today, so now it's reward time Smiley Happy

Hope you're all having a good Sunday  xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Community Champion

Delly

Belatedly but a Happy 60th Birthday wish from us all xxx

60th birthday.png