Community Champion

Re: Progesterone, assorted other hormones and fluffy cake

Jak

how are you doing my friend, how is your recovery coming on xxxx

Thanks Jak yep in waiting list for op a couple of months he says wants to me have a year clear of rada as apparently they can hinder healing so wants to leave it as long as he can not allowed to have a holiday ir anything in meantime i have to stay close just incase i need to go in due to a sudden worsening of symptoms so no boozy Christmas for me or pulling shapes on danceffloor!!! Now i know what the op entails im feeling more relaxed i was so stressed last week!!!
I already take vitamin d and i take cod liver oil so pleased i had test at least i can do something about it a freind fiund out the other day she is stage 4 osteoporosis in her spine and hip she is worried about falling as she is high risk for fracture and she never took Hrt when going through her change because of the info about bc, i suppose what im trying to say is you have to weigh up the risks associated with bc or protect your bones i really don't think its something you can decide without the right info gps seem to shy away fron it and as a few ladies on here have stated they wre diagnosed and never took it
On a much lighter note im finally getting into tge Christmas spirit putting the decs up!!!!

Hi Mishy sending a hug. I'm on ADcal for bones - calcium + vit D so a bonus I reckon. x

Hi ladies had an interesting result back from bone density scan im osteopenia considering that im a TN lady no hormone therapy just chemo and rads have to start medication chemo pushed me into menopause obviously no hrt allowed so im really pleased i pushed for dexa with my GP especially as i am having surgery to my c spine surgeon has requested i take bone meds for a couple of months before hand so bones up to being hammered and chisled 😨
Community Champion

There has been recent research by some American doctor (he was on Radio two a few weeks ago) that HRT has nowt to do with breast cancer. This US oncologist has written a book called “ oestrogen matters”, but he is kind of going against the mainstream tide at the moment. His wife and daughter both had BC and are both on HRt since having BC. I think there is still a lot of research to be done on this area really....and we don't have definitive answers at the moment.

Lesley 21 I totally agree with you about not blaming ourselves for contracting BC. I have friends too who totally go against the grain and gave never had any trouble and other friends who are exercise junkies, vegan and tee total yet still sadly have had or have BC. It's a lottery no one wants to win!! Do hope you feel better for the Lemsip.💖💖

Well Alibobs, my sister insists my BC was caused by taking hrt for years, however, since being diagnosed I have come into contact with a large number of fellow sufferers and so far I’m the only one I know who took hrt so I’m still not convinced.  I wasn’t told it was a contributing factor but was told that as I scored 8/8 er I mustn’t take it any longer and needed to take anastrazole for a minimum of 5 years.  Only managed 3 months before stopping as it made me so ill.  Have to admit I’d love to go back on hrt just to get a good nights sleep but guess it’s too risky.  That programme did say that hrt only made a slight increase in the risk and being overweight or drinking was worse,  There are plenty of tee total slim women who have never taken hrt who get BC and plenty of over weight heavy drinkers who don’t so I refuse to be made to feel guilty for taking something that I needed.  I’m sure men aren’t made to feel guilty when they are unlucky enough to be one of the statistics.

Right, enough yattering from me, time for a lemsip and bed xx

Community Champion

Alibobs

Exactly the same with me, I did not have HRT and was post menopausal when I got bc.  I recall the nurse asking me if I was on HRT when I was at the breast clinic and I said no xx

I watched that mentalpause programme too! It was a interesting watch, didn't realise until it started that it was really focussing on HRT causing BC! Ironic, I was offered HRT 12 years ago but refused cos I had heard of the association. Well enough said as I still got BC after I'd been through the mentalpause!!! 🤔
Community Champion

Lesley

Hellooo, lovely to hear from you mate and thank you for your words.  Yep I am def on the mend and raring to go albeit that I will have to temper myself for the next 3/4 months but I will do that as I dont want to compromise myself.

I am so sorry that you are suffering with your menopause symptoms.  I must admit since having had the hysterectomy I am having more sweats at night which I had very rarely before.

Hopefully if it is a cold then you will get it over and done with before xmas xxx

Hello Willows,

Thought I’d say hello.  Though I haven’t bern posting lately I have been looking in on you.  So glad you got. a good result Janey though could have been better. Also pleased Lady H on the mend.

Very interesting programme Monday night on the menopause.  Mine started 15 years ago,kept reasonably under control by hrt for 13 years.  Having had to come off it when diagnosed 2.5 years ago it’s showing no signs of easing up at all, anything between 4-6 during the night.  I’m beginning to think I’ll have it for life.

Tree up today, cards written ready for posting so feeling pretty pleased with myself, just as well as throat and eyes just started aching and got the feeling a cold is on the way so at least I’m ahead of the game if I need a couple of days indoors. Xx

Community Champion

Charys

Oh I love it xxx

Highlighted
Community Champion

giphy.gif

Community Champion

Charys

And even after two years, we are all still here for each other whenever we need it, I can not ever imagine a time when I will not post on here albeit not a regularly as I used, and boy I really did post!!!, we have all moved on, some of us have had other things to deal with over the past two years, but I love that we always have this very special thread for support when we need it, encouragement and celebration for all our milestones.

Thank you for your lovely words of encouragement, you have always been there for me, picked me up and dusted me off when I needed it.  Its funny I was out last night with some friends one of which has had a total hysterectomy two years ago, she could not believe how well I was and that I was moving around so freely.  I honestly think it is power of the mind, but I have to say there were some low difficult moments during that time.  Oh I am intrigued that my uterus and cervix has been quoted Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

You do wonder what planet these people are on at time, HRT!!! for goodness sake we have had bc, I certainly did not think someone would be allowed to take that even if taking tamo, surely that is contradictory.  Yes thank goodness you can laugh after what you have been through and lets hope it will not be too long before you are through this stage.

xxxx

Ps Charys I hope those hormones start to behave. I think I’m almost through menopause 2 and wondering what anyone else thought of Mariella’s programme?! X

Evening you lovely lot. Feeling nostalgic after reading the last few posts, I decided to look back at some of the first few. I made mention of a nurse prescribing friend popping by. That same wonderful friend who seemed to magically appear when needed was diagnosed herself just a few weeks ago. She got her plan today after mastectomy and starts chemo shortly. I’ve urged her to find her BC name and get on here and find her tribe to go through this nonsense with! You are a fabulous bunch of friends and I do think you were and continue to be the extra weapon in recovery. Mishy always welcome to this expanding bunch and Jak so pleased you are now home and hoping you are soon sprinting!
Thanks for good wishes Ann. I had results yesterday. Good news polyp wasn’t cancer, bad news it was precancerous. I am very happy it’s gone but feels a huge throwback to endometrial monitoring. I want to stomp around a bit but equally appreciate how well monitored I am.
I hope you all have lovely weekends planned. We are off to party with family. I’m not very into fancy dress but it’s Gatsby theme - dress sparkling and I shall have to channel my inner Strictly Charleston! Xx
Community Champion

[ Edited ]

Hey Mishy18 - gate-crashing doesn't exist on this thread - its an open door!

Hiiyer Jak, good luck with the ongoing knee recovery. Helena - you have done SO SO well, and been so incredibly brave and strong. I quoted your uterus and cervix on a different forum today, just so you know...Smiley LOL

It is hard to believe its over 2 years since this thread was started - remembering those days too, Helena, Dizzy, Janey and Ann, so much has moved forwards, but we were all here when we needed to be and when we needed each other !!! I think of Lesley often and wonder how she is, along with some others who used to post. I am glad people pop back and post as its a great testament to all of our resilience.

BTW my hormones are STILL playing up massively, now its late stages of peri...hoping its VERY late stages...rather than tamoxifen taht started this thread. Smiley FrustratedSmiley LOL Those of you that were here on the thread at the start know it was instigated by being taken off tamoxifen after 6 weeks on it, and struggling to readjust hormonally. I had a very extreme and unusual response to it (not to worry anybody else !). Anyway, at my final clinic appointment last week, the consultant said they 'could' prescribe HRT..........but only IF......I took tamoxifen. Ha, my face ! The letter stated 'you were quite clear that you will not be taking it again, after your last bad attempt'. LOL Can laugh now ey.

December 1st tomorrow all.........xxx

Jak

Lovely to hear it's gone so well, that knee has been a problem for so long. So this is the annoying stage that will lead to a new you when you're fully recovered and able to do things again, and pain free. My husband is three weeks past a hip replacement and improving really quickly now, hopefully by the time the weather is fit for long walks he will be as well, we had to put that on hold this year and most of last.

Well done Jak look forward to a new year with a new knee you will be able to do so much more x
Sorry for gatecrashing your thread ladies just wanted to send Jak my best wishes for her op but lovely to see how you are all enjoying life 👍
Community Champion

ann

Lovely to have you back, I bet you are enjoying the "warmer" weather here than in NYC Smiley Happy Smiley Happy xx