Community Champion

Re: Progesterone, assorted other hormones and fluffy cake

Alibobs

I must admit when I was diagnosed in 2016 I was scared that I might not see my 60th and I am so nearly there now Smiley Happy

Yep Gemini's together.  My best friend is 3 weeks older than me and her birthday is on Tuesday, we are each others opposites, almost like twins!!

Helena xxx

Finally got to the keyboard and can post.  I've been keeping up with the thread from afar and taking comfort from your doc's response Helena, but how frustrating you have to wait again and more tests. Thoroughly fed up making.  Ready and waiting for next pocket duty but definitely definitely recommend general anaesthetic for the procedure.  It is very quick as Jill says, but do give yourself some time off afterwards.

Oh Lesley what is your man like ...? Talk about highs and lows; good news one day then an injury.  An exciting time of birthdays for you gemini girls.  Lots of cause of celebration soon I hope --- once all the silly waiting is over!

Lots of love to all of you xxx

Gemini!!!!!

Ah Helena you are a gemeni like me!! Mines 30th May!! I'll be 61!! Big 60 last year.!! So thankful to be seeing my 61st!!! 💗💗
Community Champion

Now sat down with a glass of 🍷 as late home tonight from work...lovely😊 & catching up with you all.

Honestly, Lesley, what are they like 🙄 I sympathise!

It’s good they seem pretty relaxed about it all, Helena although it’s a pain to have to go through another procedure, but hey, better to be sure about it all.

Jo & Clair do hope those results come through shortly, but as you say, no news is good news is one way of looking at it.
love to all
ann 💖
Community Champion

Alibobs

Thank you so much.

No I am a June baby, 12 June, its a big one for me I will be 60 xxx

Community Champion

Ruby

Oh you blow me away and I love your pics that just make you want to smile xxx

Helena so glad they said it's just tamox causing your problem. Been thinking of you today. Sorry you have to have op but at least you'll be knocked out and won't have to worry about any discomfort during the procedure. Hope they get you in soon and it's over and done with quickly! When are your birthday celebrations? Are you a May baby like Me?

Had my legs crossed all afternoon Helena, sounds as though doc is not concerned, which is such a relief, but I'd much rather have the GA even though it does cause you more problems - a local seems far too ineffective!!

Perhaps Meryl Streep has the right ideaCat Winkxxx

See the source image

Lesley, glad there was some good news with the cyst & hope mammo doesn't squeeze too much. Had my 3 year Neddie letter exactly 2 weeks after the mammo, so very tentative opening envelope, but decided as it was thin it would be ok. Hooray.  But Himself needs to be taken in hand - any chance of getting the doc to do a home visit?  You don't need any stressing out - I'd rather have him fed up with 'too much fuss' than worry that he needs more treatment.  Tell him his options are: doc home visit or you throttling him!Cat Happyxxx

Community Champion

Clair

Oh for goodness sake, i really hope she gets back to you tomorrow xxxx

Helena
I'm really glad he thinks it's the tamoxifen and is checking anyway I'm just really sorry that you've got to have a GA I really hope it's done asap 😘 Xxxx
Lesley
Blooming men I feel your pain and hope your other half gives in and gets seen xxx
Still no news but I rang the bc nurse and left a message so waiting again xxxx
Community Champion

Sounds like a long night for you Lesley!! Hopefully he will relent and go and get checked out ! Broken ribs are very painful .
Community Champion

Lesley

Oh tell me about it, I actually said the same to Colin a few weeks ago, they really do not realise how much they affect us when they have something happen.

xx

Community Champion

Let's hope so 🤞🤞🤞

What a b*gger Lady H, hopefully you won’t have to wait longand also it won’t clash with lobbing balls dates.  Good that they’re pretty confident it’s thickening due to tami but best to be reassured.  

Yes, of course Himself needs checking, and of course you’re right about men being so flipping stubborn.  I’m sure if they realised how much extra stress they were causing us they'd give in before things got really bad.  Hey ho, it is what it is, that’s his favourite saying at the moment.  Think I might throttle him soon,  his groaning is driving me demented xx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Jill

Oh right that is good.  The problem with me is my bp drops after a GA so they will have to monitor me for a while, which is what they had to do with my bc op.  It was compounded by my also being on bp tablets.  Hopefully I will be down early in the morning as I have to be there for 7.30am and be on the way home by lunchtime xxx

Community Champion

It only took 20 mins to do mine so I doubt you will be under very long Helena ,just depends how you recover from the anaesthetic.Very frustrating for you .
Community Champion

Jill

He said my cervix looked fine, but as he was not able to get into my womb he could not tell.xxx

Community Champion

Jill

The sister said I will be called in for 7.30am as a day patient, she did say to bring an overnight bag in case I had to stay in for any reason, but they say that to be on the safe side. 

They just said I will need to take a day or two off afterwards to recover from the GA but should be ok after that.

xxx