Re: Progesterone, assorted other hormones and fluffy cake

Good evening all,

Thank you all for your lovely kind supporting words, and ha Delly, got ya!  If only eh?  Was feeling a bit brighter even though head and feet still hurting (Delly, already got the alignment thingies in my boots) but yesterday received 2 phone calls telling me of people I know who have been given terminal diagnoses last week.  Both not close friends but people I know well so was upsetting.  Today I received my mammogram letter, appointment 18 May, was expecting but still put me on a downer again, guess lots of us will be on tenterhooks over the few weeks.  It’s strange but this second one is worrying me more than last years, suppose it’s because I’m not feeling so good, hey ho, promised myself no whinging.

What a glorious  day it was.  I set off to town wearing a padded jacket this morning and overheated.   Came home, opened all the windows and sat outside with a coffee enjoying the sun on my face for an hour when I got home, Spring has sprung at last xx

[ Edited ]

Hey Girlywirlies,

Just popped on to say "Hi", thank you all for your loving well wishes and to give you all a greeat big fat nighty night hug - for no other reason than I felt like it, wanted to, and you all being such amazing women. Sounds very much like some of you need this, those of you with up and coming checks - Charys, Helena, Ruby, and anyone else. Ooomph - can't stretch me arms far enough around all of yers. Hang on, i'll just dislocate my shoulders to increase my arm girth. No, it's quite ok, nothing's too much pain (ouchy ouch). You ready - Uhh Oh Ooo - Ahhhhh, now that's better. S'got me all tingly warm with lurrrrv Heart Heart Heart

So, also sounds like there's gonna be a lot of celebrating to be done next month too, around the Mammo checks. Is now 12yrs ago from my 1st, and 2nd at 11 and 10yrs, and I'm still here (well sort of, wink and Smiley Happy). Hope that might be of some comfort to you all.

Jak - A big warm welcome from me. Lovely to see and have you on here - lovely cootchy cute picture too. How are you doing with everything?

Lesleylush - You had me at first, with your Kilimanjaro, barrier reef etc. Felt myself draw a breath in, in excitement and envy for you, wishing I was with you. Then what - Awww flip, what a disappointment - you were teasing! Still think you could do to see a Podiatrist for your heal pain lovey, could have you sorted out in a couple of treatments. Probably fit you with arch supports to wear in your shoes/boots for a while till it settles. Provide extra support to the arch ligaments, taking strain off their point of attachment under the heel. You could try ones yourself from bigger Boots and other chemists. They take a while to "wear in", get used to. Some are slimmer than others, so fit into more types of footwear. Sorry you've also been in a downer, know all about those - hope you're now on more of an upper again.

DarlinDizz - Now you know ice cream makes you feel colder when you eat it, so I have absolutely no sympathy for you Smiley Tongue even though I'm an ice cream fiend. One of my very few "sweet" weaknesses, however cold outside.

Helena - You seem to be in charge of. What ya gonna do about better fitting big pants, as oppo big droopy drawers?! I keep reading complaints. Also, who keeps throwing stones on your lawn in the first place? It's that goblin gnome under your bench isn't it. And when are we gonna see a pic of your completed Xmas tapestry?? Oh go on - a "Boulangerie" (bakery) wasn't it? Can we have a looksee X    

Rubes - Ooooo Rubes, can I put my name down for one of those very gorgeous big pussycats. In fact make that two. I had to giggle at Maine C**** being bleeped in my last post about MaineCoone cats. Ha - Doesn't bleep when I don't leave a gap.

Ann - Phew. Big sigh of relief for you on your recent check.

Janey - Hello sweetiepie. Thanks for your hug. Must suck when you see and hear of friends goin through the same scares. I'd never want any of mine to, nor anyone else. I was oh so glad to read you're feeling so much better. I've recently been researching into Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) treatment for depressive illnesses. Don't know if you have heard/experienced much about, patient wise? Just so happens there's a newish treatment centre for, half an hour away, under the administration of a well regarded Psychiatric consultant. I'm seriously considerating at the moment. But much with me depends on whether I can maintain enough motivation to actually pursue it, let alone embark on.

Had a bursted mains pipe in the severe freeze 3 weeks ago, in my little single storey utility outhouse extension. A single skin brick building with a pitched roof. All this is old, 1920's, but with added comps of solid floor to house (always a nuisance with plumbing), and some idiot person fed pipes from upstairs underfloor, through to and somewhere underneath the roof struts, then plasterboarded it all in, interiorly. But left exposed to cold air because of eaves. Had it been a simple surface mounted pipe to repair, I'd have had sorted sooner. But being more complicated, requiring the ceiling to be hacked away (messy) to first find where the pipes lie and run, and me being low, I've have kept putting off. Has become that much more imperative, as the boiler pressure now badly needs topping up from the mains Smiley Frustrated, so I don't be without boiler too. Finally got down to hacking some holes today, to firstly try find the lie and run of pipes, and to then remove more, or as little of ceiling as poss, to reveal source of leak ("I'd" rather make a "careful" mess than have some plumbers possible total mess). Pipes run under along the roof apex, ceiling 2ft below!! Used to think nothing of this kinda stuff - can't deal the same with due to head and hand state. Loada flippin rasberries. However . . .Good job no-one else was around with the curses being issued!! Just got to get plumber in now to sensibly reroute the pipes so are internal and get my water back. Then someone else to re-plasterboard and plaster. I can redec at leisure and finally Delly's your aunty. Better get meself to bed then.

Loadsa love to everyone

SmellyDelly xxxxxxxxxx

Morning lovely ones. A beautiful day here and I snuck out of bed early to start preparing the veg beds! Our magnolia has lots of buds but yet to flower, keep waiting for that pic to send you. I hope you are all okay, especially if you are having a tough time xxx
Community Champion

Clair

Yay that is so good to hear and it is a beautiful sunny morning which always helps us feel so much better as well.

Have a lovely day whatever you are doing xxx

Morning all 😘 I've woken up in a totally different mood today I'm feeling much brighter, it's horrid to get down so quickly but I'm very glad we all understand each other's moods and have a safe place to vent. Have a lovely day whatever your doing love and hugs Clair xxxx

See the source imageSending big hugs  to you all, especially Delly, Lesley, Clair (but no hugs for that no-nuffink teacher), Janey's friends (and of course not leaving Janey out), Dizzy, Helena, Ann, Jak, Charys, Beth, Zoe (of course haven't forgotten you) and all other fluffies, who may not say out, but are still honorary fluffies if they are reading this.
Salisbury is recovering today, there is free car parking in all central car parks until, well, we know not when, and the crowds returned to us!!!  Luckily was in town before 11 and got a space, all car parks were full by 12, then queuing up to get in - better than Christmas. SO thank you if you visited Salisbury today.Cat Very Happy  And if you weren't there today, come soon.
I did a pottery day - supposed to be a japanese teacup, mine turned into a bowl, cos I can't do petite dainty things, don't know if it will survive the kiln without disintegrating.
Can't believe how many of us are having our mammo's in April - those tough pants are going to be busy - and as mine is probably the last on the 26th,  don't want no baggy gusset please ladies. Cat Winkxxx

Lesley, it's lovely to see you back, and please don't stay away when things are tough. As Clair says, sometimes it's good to know that others are struggling too. I've done more than my fair share of moaning on here at various times, and been very grateful for al the support. 

Clair, I'm glad you've got a couple of weeks off now, it sounds like someone needs to have a word with your teacher. It's not fair to put you under so much pressure just because she is inexperienced. You don't need work making you ill.

Jak, love the picture, I wish we did have some sunshine! But its fairly grey and dismal here. Yesterday we went to the beach for a walk, but it was so cold I had to chicken out and eat my ice cream in the car. And I see the long range forecast is for it to be cold right into May...maybe with more snow. At least the clocks change tonight, I'm looking forward to the extra daylight.

Ruby, the news from Salisbury doesn't get any better, you have to feel sorry for the shops and businesses that are struggling.

Have a lovely day Fluffies, hope the sun shines where you are.

Community Champion

Jak

Oh that is so cute.

I hae had a very productive morning, I finally did the ironing I have been thinking of doing all week!!, finished the cross stitch that I got for Xmas, deadheaded the camelia and picked all the stones out of the lawn, I needed to do that before I start mowing it, could just see one going through the window knowing me!!

It was a bit dull and misty here this morning, but the sun is definitely trying to get through now and it is warmer than it has been for a few days xxx

Morning Ladies,

Have read and digested your posts - so much else going on in everyone's lives and the world!! What's that saying? 'Stop the world I want to ....' !!

Hoping you all have a 'good enough' weekend sun's shining here.

Keep smiling!  mouse.jpg

Jak x

Morning all
Lesley I know exactly how you feel there is such an expectation to be back to our old selves by people who have no idea what we've all been through so please come and share I know I'd appreciate knowing I'm not the only one still struggling . I'm fed up of being positive all the time. Xxxxxx
Work is a real struggle now, the teacher is young inexperienced and has no idea of my limitations even though I do occasionally remind her. We've been very short staffed too so I've totally overdone it I went in yesterday even though I felt ill and came home and spend all night being sick something has to change and that in it's self is frustrating too!
Right now I've brought everyone down I'm off for a sleep xxxx
Community Champion

ann

At least I have an appointment date now, which was what was stressing me.  Now I just have to get through the apt and results xxx

Community Champion

Lesley

Oh mate sorry to hear that you have been struggling, but please remember that you never have to worry about coming on here, we will always support you, you are not in this alone my dear xxx

Sending you loads of hugs

Helena xxx

Community Champion

Clair

Have a fab time, the schools in Birmingham dont break up until next Thursday.

Helena xxx

Community Champion

Janey

Oh that is good news about your friends.

Have a wonderful evening with the youngests 18th.

Helena xxx

Community Champion

Hi Charys,
‘That’ time of year again certainly came round quickly for me this time & it just brings it all back. I was feeling ok about it all, until I arrived at Outpatients, sat waiting to be called then feeling freaked when I realised I was to see the consultant rather than the registrar...’why am I seeing the consultant? ’is it bad news’ raced through my mind.
Of course, it was all fine.
Sending hugs to you & Helena, it will soon be over for another year 💕

Lovely to hear from you Lesley & sorry to hear you’ve had a difficult time, I do hope it’s ok now x

What a relief about your friends, Janey & thank goodness your week is over x

Beth, Delly, Clair, Rubycat, Dizzy, Jak hope you’re all ok & love to everybody.
ann xxx

Hello gorgeous Willows, yes, I’m back from my expedition to Mount Kilimanjaro via the great brarrier reef and varlous other destinations (I wish!).  Although I haven’t been posting I have been keeping an eye on you all, and big thank you to lovely Janey for checking up on me.  Been not in a good place recently and didn’t want to  come on here and bring you all down with my whinging and didn’t feel up to putting on a brave face and pretending all was hunky dory so thought it was best to keep my distance for a while.  Feeling more myself at the moment, albeit still hobbling around like an oldie cos of this plantas fasciitis malarkey, hate it as my “thing” is walking and walking when times are bad to clear my head, never mind, acupuncture is helping a bit.and it could be worse.

As I say, I have been looking in on you all and so much happening!  Rubycat, wtf?  Seriously,  I’m becoming very concerned over this whole Russian thing and in my current frame of mind trying not to get things out of perspective, I hardly get any sleep as it is with the flushes without laying awake worrying about WW3 xx

Hello lovelies and a big virtual hug to you Charys. I hope all is straightforward. I wonder if that anxiety will ever pass. Clair cheers to a great break for you and Delly you’d better have one of those virtual hugs too. I’m very glad it’s Friday and I’m home, although out shortly for youngest step’s 18th. A difficult work week covering lots of sickness. However, some positive news today, with a friend’s suspected lump nothing of concern and another having a low Oncotype score, so Rads and no chemo. Phew! Love to all of you, especiallyanyone having to step back from here for a bit xx

At last it's the Easter holidays 😁🐰🐣 I'm so looking forward to just spending time with the family and relaxing 😎 xxx
Charys I'm sending you lots of love and we'll all be here to support you xxxx anything dr or hospital related sends me into a total spin I actually had a panic attack before my scan and couldn't stop being sick ... xxxx
Community Champion

Charys

Oh mate sending you loads of hugs, I have got my first one post diagnosis on 11 April and go from yes ok to are they going to find something and I have to go through it all again.  It is pants

Helena xx

Highlighted
Community Champion

[ Edited ]

Hiyer all,

Just popping in to wish you all a Happy Spring (now it seems to be here finally). Got my two year mammo letter through this morning, and it just made me cry and feel terrible panic. I can't feel anything wrong, but still feel terrified - but you will all understand that. I know lots of us are around the same time with our mammos, so heres wishing you all the very best of results xxx

P.S Delly, sorry to hear you are having a rough time, I don't have a cat, no.