Community Champion

Re: Progesterone, assorted other hormones and fluffy cake

Thanks, Dizzy.

Anyway, in & out quite quickly, saw the consultant this time & year 2 now done & dusted, phew 😅 

We just had a brief chat about whether to move onto anastrazole, but as I’m happy to stay on tamoxifen, unless there is a very good reason not to, he was also happy with this, so onwards & upwards!

ann 💖💖💖

Ann, hope your appointment went well and wasn't too squishy!

Jak, lovely to hear from you, good to hear the knee is being referred, that's been going on such a long time. Getting back to work is not something to rush until you feel better in yourself, changing antidepressants is something you need to take time to adapt to, and not a good time to deal with other stresses as well.

Helena, happy first day of your holiday week, I hope you have lots of nice things planned. Weather permitting, I am hoping we don't get a load of snow on Sunday. Normally I like snow, but I think I'm ready for some good spring weather now.

Community Champion

ahhh, love the pic & thanks so much Ruby 😄💖

ann xxx

Highlighted

Ann, got the full shebang for you tomorrow - we'll all be with you cos we got lucky pants, lucky pockets and lucky cats. Cat Tonguexxx

See the source image
Community Champion

Good evening lovely Fluffies,

Janey, Clair & Helena, thanks so much for your messages & being in my pocket tomorrow. I have an early appointment, so at least I won’t be hanging around too long. Ironically, I was happy to move my day off to accomodate it, but computer says no, so I’m going in work time, oh well, whatever!

Good luck with the weigh in Janey & do what you need to do, Jak. 

Love to everybody 💖

ann xxx

Community Champion

ann

Sending you loads of hugs for tomorrow xxxx

Community Champion

jak

Honestly mate just dont go back to work until you are completely ready for it, it is much important that you are well first xxx

Will be thinking of you tomorrow Ann xx
Jak it's really important not to rush back into work I was desperate to get back just to try and feel normal but ended up having to drop a day permanently as I just couldn't do it anymore, so take all the time you need and don't worry about what anyone else thinks xxx

Hello lovelies. Jak here’s hoping you get back soon - only when ready though! I have had a bonus afternoon off, as owed so much time owing. Have indulged in much seed sowing and looking forward to lots of veg! Off to fatclub soon, so hopefully another loss. I’m verrrrry hungry! Anyway, Ann just wanting to wish you well for tomorrow. Will be in your pocket virtually. Love and hugs to all xxx

Hi Ladies,

Lovely to have comments from you and best wishes to those I don't know.

Just replying to a few friendly questions:

I am still signed off waiting to be 'well' so I can start a second phased return.

Have seen 2 different GPs as mine has been off sick for sometime. They have both been very supportive and kept the fit notes coming. The 2nd one knows me well and has referred me for my knee! I booked an appointment for 1st June at the ortho clinic; couple of days ago I had a phone call from the GP secretary saying ortho need my height, weight and blood pressure before they can give me an appointment! Anywho, sorted that out the same day; phoned the results in and then got a phone call from ortho secretary saying I'd been triaged and offering me an appointment with the consultant in April! Said GP also wants to change my antidepressants which could take some time. I still suffer with fatigue which is a pain. All these ailments makes me sound like an old women but apparently I'm fit for work until I'm 66! Wish I felt that way!!! I continue to knit animals for charity which has been very therapeutic.

I've found out a lot about being covered by the Equalities Act and have driven myself round the bend looking into what could change/preserve pensions if I cut my hours or retire 'early' (don't want to do either)

I really miss my job but I know I need more time or, as one GP said: ''they'll say 'oh good she's back; oh no she's gone again!' ''

I've also been on the Moving Forwards course which was very good and reinforced the fact that it's OK to feel like I/we do: even though the prognosis may be 'good' we've still had cancer and it's tough - wish I'd done it last spring.

I also am increasingly aware of how many of us are in education, wanting to return but knowing that, for a while, we can't work at the 'coal face'; as I am sure other professions are affected too!

I've rambled on a bit but it's good to 'talk' on here - thank you xxx

Community Champion

Dizzy

Oh gosh it is xx

I am flat out at work at the moment, so feeling pretty knackered at night once i have done dinner, but at least I have only got tomorrow to go and then I am off for  week, cant wait.  This is the first year where I am experiencing the year end pressure in getting all the invoices receipted etc., but at least I am ahead of the game for next year with all the orders, but boy I am going to enjoy my week off

Sending all hugs

Helena xxx

Evening Fluffies, it's very quiet on here at the moment. Hopefully that's a good sign...

Love to all

Xxx

Hello fluffies everywhere 😘
hope you all had a lovely day yesterday whatever you did we just chilled out at home and enjoyed each other's company.
Dizzy these people who change the appointments around have no idea how stressful it is for us! I rang this morning as they sent another letter confirming the original date ? It's a mix up apparently so I have a new date in April but I wonder how long it'll be before they cancel again ?
I'm also suffering terribly with hot flushes since I've stopped taking the tamoxifen very weird but hey ho.
I'm off to finish the ironing have a fab day love and hugs xx

Yes, happy day to everyone ! Not that we have a sunny day here, but maybe it's working it's way down to us. I'll settle for a sunny afternoon when we go out.

Clair, how annoying is that, cancelling your gyne appointment. But hopefully the next one will come through quickly. And the scan in the meantime. But it's tough going back to waiting for appointments and results, it's so hard to stop your mind galloping off in all directions.

Janey, I meant to say congratulations on your stone, I'm a bit behind. But that's been quick work, could you spare a bit of inspiration to send my way?

I hope you all have a lovely day Fluffies, whether you're mothers, lovers, partners, sisters, daughters or single, it's a day to celebrate being us.

Community Champion

Happy Mothers Day to all you lovely fluffies on this beautiful sunny Sunday morning.  Hope you all have a wonderful day.

Helena xxx

Community Champion

Hello lovely fluffies

Hope everyone is ok and is having some decent weather.

I met my friend at Hatton Country park again today for breakfast which was lovely, but boy it was an interesting journey as I decided to go the pretty way rather than motorway which involves a lot of country lanes which were seriously flooded!! Came back via the motorway, I was not risking that again.

Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

xxx

I've had a lovely day in Bridport with the family only to get home to hind they've cancelled my gyne appointment!! 🙁 I'm not going to let it ruin my day 😁 Hope your all having a nice day love and hugs xxxx

Beth sending you much love and huge hugs xxxxxxx

Oh Beth what a rotten time.  So sorry about your mum and also your friend, a terrible shock.  Thinking of you lots and thanking you too for giving me some thinspiration to get on with it. xx

Beth, I'm sorry to hear about your mum and your friend, that's a load to be dealing with all at the same time. Sending you love, and the big girl pants are yours to keep. Look after yourself and your hubby, you'll need to take time for yourselves to face the time to come. And I hope you and your sister are brought closer by going through this together.

I'm glad the new job is going well, new jobs are always stressful so that's a realĺy good sign. 

xxxx