Re: Progesterone, assorted other hormones and fluffy cake

Hello all, and big hello and welcome back to you Sue,

Just crawled out of bed, migraine and had to take the big guns meds which knocked me out for two hours, pain  st last but still feel like I'm looking in from a long way away.  Had a letter in the post confirming the whole body bone scan the gp requested yesterday, 1 June.  I thought it would be like the other bone scan, lying on a nice comfy couch, but no. Have to be there at 9.55 for a tracer injection, then go away and drink 2-3 pints of fluid (said it's ok to pee thank goodness) then go back for the scan at 1pm, said it will take 45 minutes, Im thinking it's going to be like the MRI scan I had, in the tube, banging and clanging and very scary, anyone know? It's an NM injection and NM scan, I know the N stands for nuclear.  I'm starting to get panicky already.

This rotten stuff seems never ending, though after finishing rads the worse was over, seems I was wrong.

Well, after my whinge, hope everyone is enjoying their weekends, here it's April weather, sunshine and showers xx

Community Champion

Ruby

Much as I love the thought of you looking and admiring my garden, just think of the immense satisfaction you will get from creating your own lovely garden area, its so good to stand and think, I did that!!

Ouch that is ultra early do these people not sleep!!

H xxx

Afternoon all fluffpots - good to see you back Sue. Having been self-employed (with Himself) for more than 20 years, I know what a hard and anxious slog it can be - so big credit to you Sue for giving it a go.

I know I said Sir M Don had inspired me, but after doing some much needed dusting and tidying (two words that don't often appear in my house), have decided it's too late to go to garden centre on a Sat - far too much traffic and people around.

LadyH, think I'm just going to look at your lovely garden rather than do anything in mine - it's much easier!

Oooh, just had letter for my follow-up appt to spine MRI and it's at 8.15 AM - WOT?? I'm drinking my cup of tea then - how am I going to be ready for 7.45??? This is really going to thrill early-bird Himself, prising me out of bed!  Ha, reminds me when son was 13 and he was asked by newsagent if he wanted a job as newspaper boy, yes he squeaked.  When he was told he needed to be there before 7am, he said 'but I'm still in bed'!! Cat Tonguexxx

Community Champion

Sue

Thank you Smiley Happy

I enlisted the services of my brother to remove the turf, dig over the soil and put farmyard manure into the soil.  The rest of it I have done myself over the last couple of weeks.  I have put more plants in since this pic and bought a couple more yesterday to complete it.  There is one particular plant that I fell in love with it is a corkscrew rush, very unusual but will go perfectly in there Smiley Happy x

Community Champion

WOW

So pretty! That must have been a lot of hard work!

Hugs

Sue x

Community Champion

Sue

Know what you mean, lovely to have several days in a row off Smiley HappyThis is my new border

WP_20170505_09_40_50_Pro.jpg

Community Champion

Hiya Helena,

It's great to be back and chat..

Lol - I can see my patch from my office window....waiting currently for the fruit/vegetable cage to be completed, which is being built all around it. My wonderful landlord insisted on it! At least I shall be able to grow cabbages without having to hunt for the eggs of the cabbage white! Mind you, I did start a little planting and sowing - after all - time is getting on - and I would like to reap some of the fruits of my labour!

I shall also have a small cutting flower area in it - as general flower/shrub gardening is not possible. The main gardener does that - albeit badly, lol. After all, it is a country house in an 18 acre estate. The azaleas and rododendrons are currently in full flower - it is simply stunning! Remember...I rent converted servants quarters, lol

I wish I could address that work/life balance. I am on my own and responsible for supporting myself. As it is, I am looking for part time work, whilst also building my little business. The amount of times I have been turned down for an office/admin job, because I was 'too good' is really disheartening, that is - if I actually get an interview! Most do not even respond, despite me having 'tuned down' my CV. So I have to build my business and it is often a struggle to do the relevant networking, etc. to build it and, of course, do the work I have in hand for it. It is growing, slowly... I have till the end of this year to ensure it can pay my bills. Yes, I do put myself under pressure, which is not helping, but time has the knack of moving on.

So looking forward to the Bank Holiday weekend to have a proper relax and chill out! 

Hugs Sue xx

Community Champion

Sue

Helloooo, so lovely to hear from you again.

Maybe you need to review your work life balance to help you?

Oh that sounds lovely about the patch in the orchard, I have been doing a lot in my garden over the last few weeks, creating a new border etc., and I love looking out the kitchen window viewing the fruits of my labours

Sending you a happy hug xxxx

Community Champion

Lovely to see you back, Sue
ann xxx
Community Champion

Hi ladies,

just a quick note to let you know I am still alive, lol!

Suddenly all notifications stopped and I was not sure whether something sinister had happened! And then I found them all in my spam folder!

It has been a busy time for me, trying to put my life back together after last years challenges. And it is a little more difficult than I thought. I am still struggling to understand why I managed to get myself through chemo and radiotherapy, yes with challenges - and am now struggling to work full time and lead the full life I had, before it all began in January last year. Now on a break from Letrozole and due to start Tamoxifen in a weeks time, as I developed severe arthralgia in my shoulder joints. My implant is now as hard as a tennis ball, but that will be replaced in January next year, when the effects that chemo and radiotherapy have on it, will start to settle. 

My landlord gave my a patch of land in our orchard, so I am finally back to gardening. What a great way to increase fitness levels and stamina!

Hoping all are doing ok, as it is a little bit of a struggle to go back over months of missed posts.

Hugs

Sue xx

Community Champion

Janey
Just wanted to dip in and send u loads of hugs ..get fast tracked for a mammo asap to put your mind at rest.
Hello everyone ..hope u enjoying a restful Saturday morning.
Xxx

I had a delicious G&T, with my tablet and a dose of Monty too! Night night flowers - tomorrow a better day I hope. Clair, so glad you're on the ball and tablets work their magic xx

Oi, who had the last G&T - was it you Ann? Dr Lesley will have to order some more in.  Lovely fluffy restful weekends to you all.  Monty Don has inspired me again to get out into the garden (but must visit garden centre first). Love n stuff Cat Very Happyxxx

Community Champion

...& mines a g&t, too Lesley!
Well, the nhs is certainly getting a lot of business from us fluffies at the mo, so wishing you all loads of luck with it all & good to hear you've complained, Clair.
As ever, Ruby, your pics are brill!
have a lovely weekend, everyone...
ann xxx
Community Champion

Okayyyyy I think I've caught back up now......found the right post Lesley where you talk about it. NHS gold cards for some of you at the moment.....not that you want them of course, sorry so many are having so many ongoing worries 😟

Community Champion

I can't find why you are having an xray Lesley ???

LinRown, you are now on my list, I e written you a prescription for a very large G&T.

Had X-rays on shoulder and collar bones, chest and back, the radiographer said, oh, your down for a scan on 1 June with the Nuclear scanner, what I squealed? Panic set in, she checked and it's the bone scan gp requested this morning in the system already, letter should arrive in the post soon, such good service.

Was just saying to himself that for months we used to laugh and joke on here,  now so many of us are having problems and what a fantastic support is it, do not know how I'd get through some of this stuff without you.  He said how lucky we all are to have found each other, hear hear (or is is here here?, I never know). Next time someone tells me how lucky I am to have it all behind me I'm going to punch them in the gob.  You can tell I've had my glass of vino can't you? himself always says it's like When Popeye had his spinach, I get all brave and gobby  when really I'm a wimp.

Glad you're making a complaint Clair, they need to learn for the future.

Anyway Willows, have a lovely evening, time for painkillers and preparing ice packs for bed later xx

Community Champion

Hiyer all,

Had a quick whizz through....Clair a DVT! Good grief. My hospital, when I had surgery stuck a massive sticker on my file saying I was 'at risk' and took special precautions, and I don't even think I WAS at risk (my Dad had one years ago, after an accident, and he has motor neuron so no movement!). That's a scary thing to have happen! What makes you 'at risk' personally?

Already had a quick word with Janey, via a different contact method,  about her new worry Smiley Sad

Hows everyone else? I'm presuming no results yet Lesley?

Excellent Dr Lesley - can I join your practice?

Lin

Highlighted

And for those of us who need a ahhhh moment:

Image result for funny group hugsI can't resist dem puddytats.Cat Very Happyxxx