Community Champion

Re: Progesterone, assorted other hormones and fluffy cake

CHarys

I cannot remember now but it was either Beth or Lesley who used the word to describe my counting down of my rads, I think it was Beth but apologies Lesley if it was you, and she thought she would get banned for using it, so now I describe the ones that have happened as being tossed and the ones to come as to be tossed Smiley Happy  There was also reference to an oncologist!! as being a pancake maker, which in my niavity I did not know what that meant doh!! and someone sort of explained what it meant in a round about way. Confused? you will be Smiley Happy

Charys, I'm guessing that was a joke? LadyBowler has been tossing since the middle of last week. And not balls either.

Community Champion

[ Edited ]

No idea Lady H, there are another couple of community threads I've noticed.....benchland is one of them, and 'how's everyone doing' , they seem to have lots of activity.....but don't know if ours has more. I like the fact that people just pop in here, new people all the time and feel welcome when they get here. I'm not saying they don't feel welcome elsewhere, but I haven't 'been' elsewhere to comment lol

Rubcay, just called us tossers!!!!!!!! Either she is very rude, or it's an 'in' joke I don't know about!.?

Highlighted

Ruby is purrrfect in every way - as are all of you chatterboxes and tossers!! Cat Very Happyxxx  Night night, sleep as tight as you can.

Community Champion

Charys

I wonder if this is the most popular thread on here?  That is amazing to think that many in just 3 weeks, just shows we are chatterboxes Smiley Happy xx

Community Champion

Bless her cotton paws !!!! Making little melted perfect pad impressions 😊

Never fear Charys, not abrupt at all.P1000317 (2).JPGHere is Ruby, being a brave lady Dec 2015!!Cat Very Happyxxx

Community Champion

Sorry rubycat ...just read back my post and it sounded abrupt....it wasn't meant to be. Thanks for your cording thoughts😊😊😊😊
Community Champion

Evening Rubycat...mine isn't mondors as it hapoens (same as you lots of Internet research as nobody knew lol)....but of course EMJ s could be depending on the position. Mine is too far to one side and not central like Mondors, but it does seem some firm manipulation is the answer with these darned things. Does the REAL Rubycat like snow ?

Thought Crafty could all make us some of these:

Cat Very Happyxxx

Evening fluffies, lots of poorly poppets on here tonight, so love to you all.  Lesley, Charys, Jane - I had Mondor Cords -  (which I self diagnosed as no-one interested/knew what they were Cat Sad), under breast - there is some info on this site, but says they disappear by themselves - NO. Have had a look, but can't find the website now, but remember it said about 'popping' the cords, which I did (was a bit squeamish, but it was ok) and they disappeared. Haven't been back since. Irritates me when the professionals don't know what things are. Grrr.

Moijan - weather report from Salisbury - little bit of rain, no snow (boo hoo).

Clair - you do need to be careful with your work, you could approach Occi Health to reduce hours/change some of the more rumbunctious duties if you wanted.  I know what school is like, and sometimes things kick off and you're in the midst before you even think.... protect yourself.

Oh Lesley, your headaches are the pits.  I've now had 2 days pain free and wish I could send you some too. Saw my handsome physio today, but hiss boo, no touchy feeliness.  He couldn't understand why or how I could move around again, said it should take months for muscles to repair.  However, I shall just take however many painfree days I get and be grateful.  Also had back x-rayed with a delightful guy who was touchy feely and thought I was under 50.  Yeah.  Got the isotope xray now on 23rd to look forward to. As you say, these b appointments never end to they.

Love to Sue for your mammo and to delightful Delly & that you have a lovely time together.

Cat Very Happyxxx

Crafty, It IS entirely possible, the rate at which we all natter on here!!! xx Lily

Well Jane and Charys, If stretching the answer I'm stuffed!  I can't lift my arm up because of frozen shouldet.  I'll see what they say in Monday.  It's just one thing after another isn't it?

My head is thumping, just want to take my strong prescription meds and crawl into bed but I'm waiting for this phone from recently  diagnosed girl to phone for chat/support, been expecting  call since 5pm.  Think she's building herself up to it so don't want to call her or or put her of until tomorrow, can remember what it felt like just hearing those words.

Enjoy your Bath Clair.  It's early days yet, sure you'll soon be back in the middle of things.  Take your time, it's a huge step going back to work, you're very brave so give yourself a pat on the back xx

Community Champion

[ Edited ]

......but yes, I think Clair should have a day off work too...and everybody else......expect Helena who should have her rads and then come home anyway as she finds it too slippery. Ok, we are now not far off 3,000 posts. We got to 2,000 on Christmas Eve was it ? So does that mean we have added nearly a thousand posts in 3 weeks....is that possible ??

Community Champion

Yyyyyyyyyayyyyy  Lillyyyyy,

no if if it snows I shall be out walking and sledging and generally messing about big time. I shall build a snow animal and post a picture here.....IF we get enough. 

Oh EMJ,

it wont go any further than your waist I don't think, mine never did anyway lol however, I know what you mean about it spreading downwards, as over the course of a few days mine went from quite localised to about 8 inches long. It looked like a piece of tight string sticking out from under the skin. 

Hello Lovely Ladies,

Sorry to hear some of you are suffering with aches, pains and tiredness today - you all have to have a rest!!

That might be one good thing if it snows - you won't be able to go out. But Helena has to as she has to finish rads - so we'll ask for snow for all areas except where Helena lives and for anyone who really doesn't want it!! I love the pictures of snow people/animals. I hope Delly welly is safely on her way to Sue's and that they have a lovely time. 

I've been out browsing the shops today and I bought my first bunches of daffodils of the year - they're so pretty and really cheered me up. 

We are supposed to get rain and snow tomorrow night according to the forecast so I'll let you know if it happens.

Hope you're all cosy and comfortable this evening xx Lily

Community Champion

[ Edited ]

Definitely online....she's about two hours away from me. Lol wellll EMJ.....I've got rid of it twice before....But not with advice from anyone at the clinic as they  stared and said they didn't really know what had caused it and ' were sure it was nothing bad, but some blockage of the lymph system or something'. So, by applying heat with those heat pads things you get from pharmacists, massaging gently and stretching against the cord it went. Mine is down my ribs to the right and down to my waist. So I put my hand up above my head and do one of those sideways leanING over to the side stretches with arm reaching over my head . Not sure what stretch yours would need. It hurt to do it but within 24 hours it was improving. Also not wearing a bra  because I am certain that the pressure of the bra band sets it off again lol

Community Champion

Clair

Hug right back to you xxxx

Evening all,
Helena it's just work and watching everyone dash about like I used to, I find it hard and I'm worried about getting hurt so I find I stay out of situations I'd normally be right in the middle of. I feel like a hindrance. I do get lots of support but I can tell everyone is starting to see how different I've become.
It'll get better with time I hope.
I'm loving snowy pics. Beth the snow dogs are so cute. Xx
I'm off for a candlelight soak in the bath. Tomorrows another day
Love and hugs to you all xxxxxx

Charys - I was told it's rare too!! What did they suggest to help it, as whatever I do it seems to be spreading further down my ribs - still in soft crop tops and vests as bras too uncomfortable!
Jane