Community Champion

Re: Progesterone, assorted other hormones and fluffy cake

Hey Beth.....give the snow a chance its coming later....I've just seen on the radar images that its starting to sleet in South Wales. Where are you? Lesley, stock up on toilet paper??? That made me laugh, like because that's the first thing you'd think of in a snowmaggedon situation your lavvy paper. Mind, actually, thinking about it now.....it IS really important and running out would be worse than running out of milk. Ok, off to panic-buy bog paper.......

Community Champion

Thank you all for the 'tossing' information, that one must have by-passed me....you know how it is...you miss a day here and you can entirely miss such a talking point. Welllll.....Moijan.....rolling topless in the snow you say...ok, if its whats required then I shall do it. Do you think its worth ringing the BCN and just checking with you her that your advice is valid? Noooo, it'll be fine.YOU COME HERE for risque stuff and then SAY THAT ?!?!?! LOL Methinks you have just brought some risque stuff. 

Dizzy, you know I lived in South Wales during my childhood (maybe you were a teenager at that same time?) and I can clearly recall tremendous snow that was so deep during a number of winters. There were snow ploughed huge drifts of the stuff taller than people.Where abouts were you?

Afternoon peeps

still no snow here.....it's raining heavily so looks like it's going to pass us by again. Ho hum but probably the best thing as we have a funeral tomorrow.

been and seen my lovely GP this morning for a chat. The tamoxifen is playing havoc with my skin and I've gone from having a lovely complexion (in the main) to having a face and back like analglypta or wood chip wallpaper. Good god, 44 years old and diagnosed with hormone induced acne. Nothing much that can be done because all the usual treatments are hormone based but she has given me a antibiotic gel to use so hopefully that'll help. Insignificant in the grand scheme of things I know but it's not nice all the same. Hey ho. 

We talked about going back to work week after next, and she wants me to start with two mornings a week for a few weeks and then slowly add hours back in so that in a few months I'll be back to full time. Not going to happen though unfortunately. If I was employed it would be a different story, but being self employed changes everything. Got to go back to work but will try to go with the flow and delegate work out if I can. 

How's everyone today? Helena....start your boosters tomorrow? Almost there now sweetheart. They'll feel like they're slowing down the closer you get to number 20 but I promise you're almost now!!

hope everyone else is ok....Dizzy, Lesley, Clair, Jane, moijan, charys, Ann, janey, rubycat......and of course Adele and sue who I suspect are cooking up a storm somewhere!! Hope I've not left anyone out the day but I'm very sorry if I have!!

lots of love to you all

xxx

I wish we were going to get the snow, I'm still a big kid and love it, provided I don't have to go anywhere.

When I was a teenager, we had terrible blizzards in South Wales and got completely cut off, and my father had a heart attack shovelling snow. I still think I must be the only person who's dialled 999 and got no answer!

snow.jpg

Good morning all,

it was meeeee that started of the Tossing.  I meant to say crossed off and went I reread my message I saw flipping auto predict or whatever it's called had changed it to tossed.  I apologised to Helena and she decided to keep it at tossed.

Jane, I had frozen shoulders on both sides, plus tendonitis, bursitis and fluid, Had injections and was doing physio when I was diagnosed.  The injections really helped and both shoulders were not painful though I never got full movement back.  Had to put a stop to physio when I got diagnosed, now they are back with a vengance,  As to the cording, i haven't got any swelling or  "cord" just a very sore armpit, it feel like the skin is too tight and pulling, it's getting a bit worse each day.  Janey, am losing the sense of humour, feel like I'm always in pain somewhere.  Still, no point wallowing in it, sure a good nights sleep would help though.

It a damp and gloomy here.  Forecast is for rain all day and possibly of it turning to snow this evening.  At least if it does snow it will be bright, Not this grey miserable gloom.

was going to do housework today (himself is on a play date) but again doing a Scarlett O'Hara.  The most I'm going to do is put fresh sheets on the bed.  That's one thing I never put off, if I was rich and had a maid I'd have fresh ones every day xx

Community Champion

[ Edited ]

Hi Clair,

hope you have a good day. Xx

was thinking about your comment re 'feeling Different'  can definitely identify with that...not working these days, but am aware of being more sensitive ( esp in week 3) and maybe being a bit more grumpy with friends who  keep changing dates/times...hate that, as have to build arrangements round my other appointments! 

Not sure how long you have been battling this foe, Clair, but I know its a lot to take on at the beginning and even 16 years in! hugsx

Moijan💚💚💚

Morning gorgeous girlie's,
well I'm very disappointed there is No snow here so off to work I go!
But I have a plan, life has changed.and I just need to accept it's going to take while to re adjust. I'm going to stop beating myself up and concentrate on what I can do. I'm also ringing the counsellor later so hoping that'll help keep me on the right track. I'll catch up with all your news later.
Have a fabulous day and keep safe if your travelling on icy roads etc
Tons of love Clair xxx xxx
Community Champion

[ Edited ]

Ah-Ha,

all off to bed I see, well, Charys, if it snows...best thing for cording is, strip to the waist and roll in the snow!

(now, would I jest about such a thing?).

Just saw your later comment, yes do check with the bcn first...sure she would apporove( tho she will think we are all nuts!)

One of the reasons I pop in here is to hear if there is anything a little risqué happening!!🌚'

Lesley, you have my sympathy as I was having treatment for a frozen shoulder for several months prior to my BC diagnosis.  In fact I had a steroid injection into the joint in September - and intense Physio that had to stop on my diagnosis as the Physio said he wasn't trained to deal with post breast surgery Physio!!  It hasn't been helped by a fall I had onto it on Boxing Day.  Been having Physio since surgery with a lady with specific interest in post breast cancer Physio, and my arm is nearly as good as it was before the op.  Had my positioning scans for rads last week and they definitely aggravated my shoulders - not looking forward to 4 weeks of it really.

Rubycat - just off to google Mondors for a bit of self diagnosis!!

Jane

Community Champion

Ladies

I am off to bed now, got a big day tomoz No. 15 and also my counselling session, feeling rather jaded tonight probably just them all catching up on me now, but at least no work until Monday now.

Nite nite my lovely friends xxxxxx

Community Champion

Charys

I agree, it is lovely the way in which it is so easy to talk about anything and everything on here and yes, that people just pop in and out as they want to, they way we get concerned if we havent heard from one of us for several days, it just feel safe comfortable and all in all just fab xxx

Oh my 27 post notifications - and that's only since I went out at 7.30! A lovely day - despite being constantly beaten by Charys - no surprise to any of us that she's so good with words!
Antibiotics starting to kick in at last and was only slightly embarrassed to fall asleep at the hairdressers (surprise treat by OH)! Then taken out to supper (so many brownie points!). Shattered but happy. I'm beginning to dread return to work, even though everyone will be lovely. I've cancelled everything apart from the dentist next week to focus energy on work.
Lesley sending you a gentle hug (just in case Delly's wasn't enough). It's not fair cording and headaches and frozen shoulder. I take my hat off to you that you are still holding on to that sense of humour. Cording sounds horrible for all of you struggling with it. I start work on my shoulder at fatigue gym tomorrow. Wondering what the pace will be - 1st day it was snail pace 🐌 2nd day tortoise and I guess tomorrow slug! Rubycat fantastic pictures, loving the new computer!
Are you nearly there yet Delly? Supping brushed bubbles already? I hope massage relaxed you for the big drive and you and Sue have a hoot. Helena good luck with the next one and I hope for everywhere but your area to have snow. I think we are due rain or maybe a bit of slush sadly in our bit of Devon, same for you Lily and Dizzy I think? Moijan where are you waiting for snow?. Clair I hope your bit of Somerset keeps clear although think Occ Health could do with a call. Beth, Jane hugs to you too. Actually to everyone and here's to a flush free good night for all of you. Xx
Community Champion

CHarys

I cannot remember now but it was either Beth or Lesley who used the word to describe my counting down of my rads, I think it was Beth but apologies Lesley if it was you, and she thought she would get banned for using it, so now I describe the ones that have happened as being tossed and the ones to come as to be tossed Smiley Happy  There was also reference to an oncologist!! as being a pancake maker, which in my niavity I did not know what that meant doh!! and someone sort of explained what it meant in a round about way. Confused? you will be Smiley Happy

Charys, I'm guessing that was a joke? LadyBowler has been tossing since the middle of last week. And not balls either.

Community Champion

[ Edited ]

No idea Lady H, there are another couple of community threads I've noticed.....benchland is one of them, and 'how's everyone doing' , they seem to have lots of activity.....but don't know if ours has more. I like the fact that people just pop in here, new people all the time and feel welcome when they get here. I'm not saying they don't feel welcome elsewhere, but I haven't 'been' elsewhere to comment lol

Rubcay, just called us tossers!!!!!!!! Either she is very rude, or it's an 'in' joke I don't know about!.?

Highlighted

Ruby is purrrfect in every way - as are all of you chatterboxes and tossers!! Cat Very Happyxxx  Night night, sleep as tight as you can.

Community Champion

Charys

I wonder if this is the most popular thread on here?  That is amazing to think that many in just 3 weeks, just shows we are chatterboxes Smiley Happy xx

Community Champion

Bless her cotton paws !!!! Making little melted perfect pad impressions 😊

Never fear Charys, not abrupt at all.P1000317 (2).JPGHere is Ruby, being a brave lady Dec 2015!!Cat Very Happyxxx