Highlighted
Arl

Re: Periods stopped after 6 months

Hi Optimissy64,
I have the lady care magnet but do you know what the difference is between that and the plus version? I take it the 2 of them will do the same job? It is £49 for the plus version and £35 for the other. I haven't had mines that long flushes are still continuing but I do think not as many, is funny we are all looking for miracle cures for they side effects. I have put on over a stone with being on the tamoxifen, eating less doesn't really help. The only down side when wearing the lady care magnet is you got to wear bigger nickers!! But will persevere if it helps. I'm just not so sure yet, haven't had it long enough yet to try.x

😂😂
Community Champion

It's called a Ladycare Magnet - you stick it in your knickers 24/7 and apparently it helps with menopausal symptoms, and is OK to use when on hormone therapy. Google it. Some peope have found it really helpful, others not so much, but it's worth a shot. You have to be careful not to get stuck to supermarket trollys apparently.....Smiley Happyxxxxxx

P. S arl what is a lady magnet??

Thank you ladies. I've been told I'll be on it for ten years so I'll be 52 so doubt I will start having periods again. It's strange how they have suddenly just stopped after this time maybe a build up of the drug in system? I've not had hot flushes but was already on venafalaxine by chance so it may of stopped them. Biggest side effect problem is being ravenous all the time dread to think how much weight I've put on! X

Hi rj7777

Ive just read in my tamoxifen booklet that bn gave me, in most pre menopausal women who take tamoxifen the ovaries continue to woek, it may stimulate ovulation and could make you more fertile, in some women periods become less regular, lighter or stop altogether. Generally your periods will start again once you stop taking it as long as you havent gone through a natural menpause while taking the drugs. After taking tamoxefin it can take 4 to 5 months for your periods to become regular again.

Hope this helps

Debbie x

Arl

Hi Rj7777,
I've just been reading the other posts, I'm trying to think not worry when your periods stop and start, but now I'm wondering should you get checked just to make sure everything is alright, I will discuss this with my consultant on my yearly check up, everyone says different things and it can all be quite worrying , as if we've not had enough to deal with. I think your periods stopping is a good thing I'm just a bit worried at them coming back after a few years, everyone is so different, but from what I have picked up on reading is if you get really heavy and are more frequent than before, but to be on the safe side I think be best speaking to your oncologist, I'm not sure how much our own doctor would know, maybe it's worth a try finding out if you are really worried.x
Arl

Hi Rj7777,
Yes I think it is, I have been on tamoxifen now for a few years and yes I would say so because my periods stopped for 3 years then now and again you get an odd one but it only lasts for 3 days and is very light then it might stop for a couple of months then it comes back, I was getting a bit worried that I asked my consultant when you go for your yearly checks, seemed to think this was normal. I am now 45 and my last period was 3 months ago, I've found I've put on some weight too, the flushes calmed down a lot too, but have started coming back but you could try a chilliest pillow or the lady care magnet, which that helps you attach it to your pants, I've just had mines a month now, it has helped but not sure exactly yet, I've seen a lot of good reports on it. Are you getting lots of hot flushes? I was beginning to think I was going through the menapause when had no periods for 3 years but now with them coming back and stopping, I'm not worrying about it just now, will give it another few months see what happens, also have found sticking with the same brand of tamoxifen helps, at the beginning I was getting different brands and that causes more side effects, but you have got to let your pharmacy know, tell them there is different ingredients in the tamoxifen, they don't like it, but it's younthat will be on it for 5 or 10 years. Keep in touch R7777.x

P.S Im not pregnant!

Periods stopped after 6 months

Hi I have been on Tamoxifen for about 7 months, and up until now I have had regular periods but now they have just stopped completley.  Is this normal?  (I am 42).  Rebecca x