Highlighted

Re: running on treatment

Great news ArgyMargy! Made me chuckle to hear about your dream, you'll soon be back up & running. Love to all.xx

Dear Argymargy

so good to hear everything went well....keep doing your arm exercises!

I had a Mx ( forgive me if I repeat myself!) so left it a month before running ( trying to be responsible for the first time in my life!!! Lol) and found I settled back into it fine. And you have been running for much longer than me!

what a great dream to have!!

keep in touch

cath

xx

Hello runners!  Just dropped in to say surgery went well and I'm one week post-op, hoping to get my drains taken out today.  About 3 nights ago I had a little dream where I was walking along and broke into a little jog.  It made me laugh when I woke up Smiley Happy

Just re-reading RunningFree's posts here and on her Cardiff half marathon thread gives me so much hope and inspiration, even though it seems a long way off for me to get back to fitness. 

Something good about running in bad weather!!

i did a 5 k prom run yesterday (250 of us!). Still not up to pre BC times but not bad!! AND...

I have just received my special 'sports tit' from the BCN!!

Xx

3mile run in the sleet today, felt great. Just doubled up on the bra front which felt more comfortable.x

Argymargy

have been thinking of you today

hope all went well

cathx

Thank you very much RunningMum13 and RunningFree.  I went for a last blast 13k yesterday and it felt fantastic!  I think I'm partly trying to convince myself that if I can run that far and it feels so good, the cancer cannot possibly have spread. Smiley LOL

Best of luck and all good wishes to all of you. xx

Argymargy

all the very best for friday

looking forward to seeing you on the other side with your running shoes

love from cath

x

Emma, I believe you've finished your treatment now? You may not see this if you're out celebrating! Xx

All the best for Friday ArgyMargy, we'll all come back stronger & even more marvellous than before! Xx

Thank you RoadRunner.  I saw my breast care nurse for the first time this morning and she was totally supportive and helpful about this.  Made me feel so much better!

Hi Argymargy

Yes, you should keep on running, no matter how slowly, or how short the run.  It will help you get through this.  Hope the surgery goes well on Friday.

Hi everyone I just wanted to say that this thread has made me cry!  I've been running for 6/7 years and love it.  Having Mx on Friday followed by chemo & radio and was thinking I'd have to give up something that's guaranteed to make me feel good.  Your posts have convinced me otherwise!  Thank you all so much.  I had SNB a few weeks ago and went for a run on Sunday for the first time in ages.  Did 13k and felt awesome - I hope to do another one tomorrow as a last blast!

Running still tricky here due to difficult family circumstances (nightmare teenage son, argh!! his timing is lousy!!). But on the plus side I did go for a 5mile walk with lovely hubby yesterday.

This weekend I WILL RUN! How is everyone else doing? Xx

RunningMum,

I am on the Isle of Man, we tend to be milder than everything around us! Think it must be the sea!!

Although it didn't feel that mild this weekend!

Cath

Xx

Community Champion

RunningMum

Dont worry at least you know I got your reply Smiley Happy

It does seem to be the standard, let us know how you get on and there is loads of good advice on the radiotherapy thread on going through treatment.  If I can answer any questions about rads ask away xx

Helena xxx

Hi Helena,

Not sure if the 'quick reply' function worked, so apologies if you get this message twice!

Yes I feel like the planning appointment was a positive step closer to full health and fitness. I start my sessions on 9th Feb and finish on 1st March, so 15 in total, seems to be standard from what I've read.xx

You're right Helena, it feels very positive. I start on 9th Feb until 1st March, so 15 sessions for me.xx
Community Champion

RunningMum

Its great to know that you are moving forward isnt it, just that little apt makes so much difference doesnt it. 

When are you starting rads and how many are you having?

Helena xx

Well done Emma that's great! and good to hear that you are so close to the end of your treatment. Good to hear that you and LadyB have managed your radiotherapy with minimal discomfort.

I had my planning appointment on Thursday as planned, so are tattooed up and ready to go!

I was planning to run again this weekend, but family circumstances have made it tricky. Roll on those light nights when we have more options to run. Lovely hearing you've been running past daffodils Cath. You're clearly much further south than I am! Xx