Re: running on treatment

Hi RunningFree,

You're doing really well, just take a minute to remember what you've been through, and as you say motherhood & work can also be demanding. The fact that you are still running is fab! Speed doesn't matter at this point. We WILL get stronger.

Love & springtime

Donna.xx

That's absolutely brilliant RunningMum! And the clocks go forward this weekend! Spring is in the air, you'll soon be flying along.

Im  doing ok, but very tired these past few weeks, noticeably slower.

Think it is a cumulative thing of mastectomy, chemo and herceptin over 16 months ( and obviously motherhood  and work has its moments!! ). But my last jab is on the 10th April so I'm keeping my fingers crossed I'll start speeding up again! On the other hand I'm still running so shouldn't whinge!

How are you doing ArgyMargy?

xx

Yey! First outing last night with running club since op 3 months ago. It felt like a tough 3.5miles but so good to be back! Feeling strong Smiley Happy

Hope everyone is doing ok? Xx

Can I echo RunningMum and send my best wishes ArgyMargy!

xx

How are you doing ArgyMargy? Xx

Well done from me too RunningMum.  Having a goal to aim for will inspire you.  Running has always made me feel better.  

Community Champion

RunningMum

Its me being mumsy and looking after the ladies xxx  WOW that is amazing 10k run, I would struggle to walk that distance respect Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

Thank you RunningFree and Lady B! Don't worry, I'm going to listen to my body especially over the next couple of weeks. Looking forward to having something positive to aim for. Hoping to run the Abbey Dash 10k in November so giving myself plenty of time to get back to full fitness.xx

Well done RunningMum!!

just in time for spring!!!

x

Community Champion

RunningMum

Just remember you will still feel the effects of the rads for another two weeks so be careful, being mumsy again xx You need to keep moisturising, drinking plenty of fluids and get good rest xxx  the effects can get wrose before they start to get better in that time

Radiotherapy... done...tick!

Now to get my running back on track. Hope you're all doing ok ladies.xx

Highlighted

Great news ArgyMargy! Made me chuckle to hear about your dream, you'll soon be back up & running. Love to all.xx

Dear Argymargy

so good to hear everything went well....keep doing your arm exercises!

I had a Mx ( forgive me if I repeat myself!) so left it a month before running ( trying to be responsible for the first time in my life!!! Lol) and found I settled back into it fine. And you have been running for much longer than me!

what a great dream to have!!

keep in touch

cath

xx

Hello runners!  Just dropped in to say surgery went well and I'm one week post-op, hoping to get my drains taken out today.  About 3 nights ago I had a little dream where I was walking along and broke into a little jog.  It made me laugh when I woke up Smiley Happy

Just re-reading RunningFree's posts here and on her Cardiff half marathon thread gives me so much hope and inspiration, even though it seems a long way off for me to get back to fitness. 

Something good about running in bad weather!!

i did a 5 k prom run yesterday (250 of us!). Still not up to pre BC times but not bad!! AND...

I have just received my special 'sports tit' from the BCN!!

Xx

3mile run in the sleet today, felt great. Just doubled up on the bra front which felt more comfortable.x

Argymargy

have been thinking of you today

hope all went well

cathx

Thank you very much RunningMum13 and RunningFree.  I went for a last blast 13k yesterday and it felt fantastic!  I think I'm partly trying to convince myself that if I can run that far and it feels so good, the cancer cannot possibly have spread. Smiley LOL

Best of luck and all good wishes to all of you. xx

Argymargy

all the very best for friday

looking forward to seeing you on the other side with your running shoes

love from cath

x

Emma, I believe you've finished your treatment now? You may not see this if you're out celebrating! Xx