318867posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Triple Negative and hormone receptive at the same time

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Triple Negative and hormone receptive at the same time

Thank you both for taking the time to reply. All of the health care professionals have been very positive so hopefully that’s a good sign. xx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Littlebird, I have heard that there are some very different cancers about, and you are obviously a very special lady! I met a lady at my local Maggies Centre who was diagnosed with one type of cancer, then after treatment was told it had changed! When my lymph nodes were removed I was told they exhibited the same cancer as my breast tumour. This was the first time I really understood the complexity ( and deviousness) of the little blighters. All a bit difficult to take in when you are trying to get your head around having BC. I am sure you're medical team will have encountered this before. Good luck with the treatment. X

Not the same, but I had invasive lobular in one breast and invasive ductal in the other. They had the same hormone receptor status though. You do feel part of a very exclusive group having more than one at once....

All the best

Triple Negative and hormone receptive at the same time

Hi, I was diagnosed just before Christmas 2018 and had a mastectomy this January. At my follow up appointment with the surgeon I found out that the largest tumor was triple negative but results weren’t back on the other one. Yesterday I found out that the smaller one is hormone receptive. So I had two types of cancer in the same breast at the same time. Has anyone else had this? 

I had just got to grips with the triple negative and now this. I feel like I was just destined to have cancer and it’s scaring me. Any words of wisdom, reassurance or advice would be very welcome. x