Re: Recently diagnosed and feeling so very scared and alone

My fingers are crossed for both you ladies that you will be able to avoid chemo. Having said that, if you do find out that you need it, head over to the chemo treatment board because there are some strong warrier chemo survivors over there! 

xxx

Thanks Julie! My father left on Sunday and we had a really nice week together. Now it's time to get back to some sort of normality, whatever that means. Smiley Happy

xx

No didn’t have a drain but I think having one will be better for you. They told me last night that I may have to have mine drained up to 4 times so need to call them if I feel it filling up again.
Yes...I’m really hoping to avoid Chemo too....🙏🏻

Thanks Julie.  Not looking forward to it but want it out of the way.  II will get my results on 12th December.  I have been told I will have a drain in for approx 5 days to avoid fluid build up.  Did you not have a drain.  I am trying to work out how I will sleep with the drain in without moving around and pulling it out.  I am always worrying abougt the next step before it arrives!  Would be fantastic to avoid chemo wouldnt it?

Thank you Marla
Hope you’ve enjoyed/enjoying your time with your Father xxx

Hi Daisy,
I saw my consultant and BC nurses yesterday. I had to have some fluid drained off which explained the feeling of having a tennis ball under my arm 😩
I’m classed as ‘borderline’ for chemo so we’ve opted to go down the Oncotype test route and I’ve been advised in the meantime to just ‘heal’ physically and mentally until the test comes back in a couple of weeks.
I should then see the oncologist w/c 17th Dec and at that point we will agree my treatment plan to start in the NY.

Was thinking about you this morning knowing your op is a week today...obviously you know how terrified I was before mine and if I can do it anyone can 👍🏻
Happy to answer any questions I can for you in the meantime to try and ease your mind.

Julie xxx

Did you get your treatment plan sorted Julie?  One week to go for me now.  Getting that terror feeling again x

Hi Julie-I'm so happy for you to hear that all nodes were clear. That's fantastic news! Congratulations...and now....breatheSmiley Happy

xxxx

Hi Carol Lina,
Totally agree about this forum...I’m so delighted I found it...it has helped me so much already 😊
Good luck with your Op xxx

Hi Debbie,
Yes that’s exactly what I’ve told myself...it must have shown up in the operations...having been through 2 in 2 weeks now I’m hoping at least my BP is ok 😊 xxx

Hi JD,

I'm really sorry you're going through it, and I completely understand your feelings. I was diagnosed 2 days after you and I'm due to a mastectomy. Like you I feel alone, even though my family and friends (most of them living on the other side of the ocean) have been very supportive. For me this lonely only shrinks a bit when Im here, ate this forum, talking to people who are having the same problem as me. So use it a lot and don't feel embarrassed with your syndrome, it happens for many of us. I start shaking when I talk about it and I can feel my heart starts racing when I receive a letter or text from hospital. I've been feeling oppressed when I go to there(and I used to work in a hospital. I have no idea how I'm going to do it again).

Try to do something that you really like and try to do as much as you can before going to bed, so you'll be very tired at night and may have a good night. Sending you hugs and good thoughts. We will be fine, after all the tears we'll laugh again ;-)

Hi Julie! Another big step successfully taken! Re white coat syndrome - no, still can’t use home machine 😖. I always cheerfully tell whoever is doing my BP that it will be high so sometimes it’s not as bad as they were expecting! It did occur to me that perhaps I actually do have really high blood pressure - but I guess that would have shown up during my ops. Otherwise I just ignore it and hope it will go away! Not very helpful! Debbie xx

Daisydi thank you xxx
Thinking of you for your op 💪🏻

That is absolutely brilliant.  Well done.  Onwards and upwards xx

Hi all,
Just wanted to share some good news with you all...my BC nurse called me first thing to say all nodes removed were clear 💪🏻😃
Seeing my consultant later to start discussion my treatment plan xxx
Community Champion

Julie

Great to hear that you are the other side of your op and WOW what a fabulous nursing team you had, your consultant is awesome to ensure all of that happened to make sure you did not have to worry about your white coat syndrome.

Make sure you get plenty of rest now

Sending you hugs

Helena xxx

Thanks Mai xxx
Community Champion

Well done Julie. xx

Thanks Daisy and thinking of you for your op on the 29th xxx

Glad your op is over and that you are feeling ok.  x