Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recently diagnosed and feeling so very scared and alone

96 REPLIES

Re: Recently diagnosed and feeling so very scared and alone

Hi Daisy,

Thats wonderful news and made my day so you must be over the moon 😊

I’m ok thankyou...my skin broke on my last rads session so given some special cream for that...very sore 😱

Had my 2nd Zoladex injection on Monday and started Letrozole last night...woke up this morning feeling like I’d partied hard 🥴

so pleased for your results Daisy - well done and be lovely to keep in touch whilst you going through your treatment x

Hi Julie CT results were clear so I will start chemotherapy in about 2 weeks and radiotherapy around August.  That will take me up to a year since diagnosis.  How are you getting on?

Hi Daisy,

Good to hear from you and glad you’ve got the CT Scan done. As we know the next part (waiting for the results) is a struggle but I’m keeping my fingers crossed for you...I know my surgeon and BCN told me that they very rarely see bad results following lymph node involvement so try and keep as positive as possible.

Ive just comleted #10 of 15 sessions and really feeling it now. I saw my Onc in the week who told me I was doing ok but have developed slight lymphodema in my breast 😱 He brushed it off and told me to keep massaging in the cream and if that didn’t work he’d refer me to the clinic 🤦🏼‍♀️ The Rads also seem to have set back the progress I’d made in my arm too so worrying about that now too.

Im seeing him again on Tues for another update and to start the Letrozole and bone tablets and arrange my 2nd Zoladex injection.

Sending you lots of good luck Daisy for your results 👍🏻

Keep in touch

Julie x

Hi Julie, this is my 3rd reply as they do not seem to post.  Im ok ish just had CT but now of course worrying about results and what the future holds.  You must be nearly finished now.  This has been such a long journey for me and just need to get treatment started.  Hope you are ok x

Hi Daisy,

just wondering how you were and how you got on today.

Julie x

Hi Daisy,
I can relate to you saying you are finding it hard to accept it’s happening to you...I am exactly the same and really struggling mentally to ‘accept’ this rollercoaster I joined back in October.
I know we need to keep positive but unlike the ‘old me’ I find that very hard these days.
I’m so happy for you though that you did eventually get to keep your boob.
Keep in touch
Julie xx

Hi Julie, not sure about anything yet. Got to have CT scan and nuclear medicine bone scan to check for spread and then see oncologist.  Cant see chemo beginning before March.  I am finding it really hard to accept that this is happening to me but it is and I just have to deal with it.  I was so hoping to avoid chemo but then I didnt want to lose my breast either so I suppose 1 out of 2 is a positive...?

Hi Daisy,
Great news that you can keep your boob..you made the right decision to go for a 3rd attempt 👍🏻
I know you’ll be disappointed about having chemo..it’s another hurdle for you.
Do you have a date that your treatment starts?
What’s your hormone treatment? Have they discussed that with you?
Julie xx

Julie my third op was successful so can keep my boob but another 3 nodes pos so thats 4 out of 24 they removed so will be going on to have chemo/rt and hormone so basically the lot.  Happy days!

Thanks Julie.  I am seriously in meltdown again!  Praying for good news but fear it wont be.  Hope you are coping well with your r/t.  Will let you know xx

Hi Daisy,
Just wanted to wish you good luck for your results tomorrow.
Will be thinking about you.
Julie x
Community Champion

Well done daisydi, take it easy. xx

It sounds like you are doing really well Daisy...well done you xx

my arm feels a bit heavy and sore not nerve pain though. Boob is sore, drain is draining. waiting for district nurse.  Oh the joys ....

Hi Daisy,
Great to hear from you 😊
Well done you 👍🏻
How does your arm feel? X

I'm done and home. Just another waiting game now. Thank you for thinking of me.x

You will be scared as I was...I know how you are feeling...but we have to keep positive 🙏🏻
This forum keeps me positive hearing how inspirational everyone is and there are so many good news stories 😊
I’ll be thinking about you tomorrow x
Highlighted

Thanks Julie feel like a been waiting a very long time for this op.  I am super super scared.  Have to ring hospital at 5am to see if there is a bed!  I am praying for a good result x

Hi Daisy,
Just wanted to wish you good luck for tomorrow.

Julie x
Community Champion

Carol Lina, its normal to have pain and numbness after lymph node surgery, it takes a while to settle down and all the nerves to come back to life and mine is still a little numb nearly 4 years on.

Of course if it's worrying you speak to your clinic to get checked out but it's very early days for you and I remember my node incision was far more painful than my lumpectomy one. Xx