cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recently diagnosed and feeling so very scared and alone

Re: Recently diagnosed and feeling so very scared and alone

I can completely understand how you are feeling right now but sending you positive thoughts x

Thanks Julie.  I am a complete mess already.Praying for some positive news x

Hi Daisy,
Just wanted to wish you luck for your results today and hope you are ok.
Thinking about you
Julie x
Community Champion

Marla13, how are you getting on with your treatment?  x

I am wishing you all the best on this journey. God is a healer and if you believe He will heal you, He will heal you. You will NOT die, but LIVE to declare the works of the Lord. Amen.

Hi Daisy,
Good to hear from you but sorry to read what happened with their mistake?!
I suppose you can’t make any decisions until your get your results back...I’m so pleased they are fast tracking them for you.
Julie xx
Highlighted

I have expained the latest saga in my breast cancer life in the Going Through Treatment section for Nov 18 surgery as it is very complicated.  I am fuming 

Thanks Marla and Julie.  Here we go again xx

Daisy-good good luck for tomorrow. Don't worry about what they will find-whatever they will find (if anything) they will deal withSmiley Happy. I agree with you that one of the most frustrating things about this illness is that we can feel so well, yet be so unwell, i.e., have cancer in our bodies. You, like Julie, are a trooper and you will get through tomorrow with flying colours! As hard as it is, try not to forecast what the outcome will be and try and put it out of your mind-worrying about it won't change the outcome so you may as well preserve your energy tonight rather than spend it worrying. We'll be thinking of you and waiting to hear from you once you're feeling well again. xxxx

Hi Daisy,
Please try and not worry...remember I was beside myself with worry and was saying everything you are right now and my results were all 25 removed were clear 😊
It’s good that you also feel well...I was told that’s another positive 👍🏻
At least this time tomorrow you will be one step further.
I’m ok but just arrived at the hospital again for my 3rd drain 😩 and that’s another thing you won’t have to put up with as you are having one fitted.
Will be thinking about you and please keep us posted xxx

Well tomorrow is the big day again.  I am so so scared mainly of what they find in my lymph nodes.  How can I be so ill but feel so well.  The future looks very bleak for me at the moment.  Cant think of anything positive.  I hate this so much.  How are you getting on Julie?

My fingers are crossed for both you ladies that you will be able to avoid chemo. Having said that, if you do find out that you need it, head over to the chemo treatment board because there are some strong warrier chemo survivors over there! 

xxx

Thanks Julie! My father left on Sunday and we had a really nice week together. Now it's time to get back to some sort of normality, whatever that means. Smiley Happy

xx

No didn’t have a drain but I think having one will be better for you. They told me last night that I may have to have mine drained up to 4 times so need to call them if I feel it filling up again.
Yes...I’m really hoping to avoid Chemo too....🙏🏻

Thanks Julie.  Not looking forward to it but want it out of the way.  II will get my results on 12th December.  I have been told I will have a drain in for approx 5 days to avoid fluid build up.  Did you not have a drain.  I am trying to work out how I will sleep with the drain in without moving around and pulling it out.  I am always worrying abougt the next step before it arrives!  Would be fantastic to avoid chemo wouldnt it?

Thank you Marla
Hope you’ve enjoyed/enjoying your time with your Father xxx

Hi Daisy,
I saw my consultant and BC nurses yesterday. I had to have some fluid drained off which explained the feeling of having a tennis ball under my arm 😩
I’m classed as ‘borderline’ for chemo so we’ve opted to go down the Oncotype test route and I’ve been advised in the meantime to just ‘heal’ physically and mentally until the test comes back in a couple of weeks.
I should then see the oncologist w/c 17th Dec and at that point we will agree my treatment plan to start in the NY.

Was thinking about you this morning knowing your op is a week today...obviously you know how terrified I was before mine and if I can do it anyone can 👍🏻
Happy to answer any questions I can for you in the meantime to try and ease your mind.

Julie xxx

Did you get your treatment plan sorted Julie?  One week to go for me now.  Getting that terror feeling again x

Hi Julie-I'm so happy for you to hear that all nodes were clear. That's fantastic news! Congratulations...and now....breatheSmiley Happy

xxxx

Hi Carol Lina,
Totally agree about this forum...I’m so delighted I found it...it has helped me so much already 😊
Good luck with your Op xxx