cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to this!

75 REPLIES
Highlighted

Re: New to this!

My apols Annig - it being your Mum who was ill. I hope she's recovered now and you're coping better.
Hope you're all doing well those of you having chemo.
Crikey Fairy - double masts with recon. Still, good to get it all out of the way for you and your future. You'll certainly be getting your moneys worth with nodes too!! Glad you now have a date to gear and organise yourself towards. That's not long now. Hope you get some fine weather before then, for plenty of gardening distraction!! Am keen to know how you go on - stay in touch flower
Much love to everyone xxxxxx

I've got my op date, 29th April. It will be 6 months, more or less since the mammogram when it was found.

Feel a bit weird now, sort of in limbo, just waiting now, "excitement" it's going to be out of me, scared about what that involves and the wait for the results and worry that my brain will survive all this intact.

Really could do with an off button for my brain sometimes. 

Anyway, determined to have a good day today and a productive one. I'm off to do some spring fettling!

You were right, Miffy. The BC nurse was brill with me and whipped it out whilst I was wittering on and asking questions about how much it would hurt! I felt a bit of a sting and asked if she was about to remove it, when she said, "It's out". She was really good. They've started me on Letrozole too and so far so good (1week).

Thank you for asking, Delly. Had the result for the sentinel nodes. It appears they actually took 6 and only 1 is affected (35mm). My surgeon says she is going to take another 7 (doing a level 1 clearance) when they do the mastectomy and reconstruction. I don't have a date yet, but was told they are trying to arrange for early April, so a couple of weeks maybe to catch up on housework ect before I'm incapacitated for a while (having double mastectomy and diep reconstruction). I'd better clear that ironing pile!

Love to you all xxx

Hi to everyone. Miffy - good luck with your implant recon. Am keen to know how it all goes with you, as I'm still at stage for expander/silicon replacement - just waiting for me to get my bum into gear for it to happen!!
Fairy Dust - Have you had ANY news yet for your mast op/recon/treatment??
Miffy - Hope all goes well with your chemo. Hope your Mum recovers soon. That's extra tough for you - priorities - Aarghhhh. Don't envy you there, lovey. You have to find enough for both of you
Much love to all of you xxxxxx

Hi annig, you are certainly not being selfish, you have been and still are going through a lot and need strength to get through it all. I feel quite guilty to be honest, as I have not had to have any follow up treatment only letrozole. I'm coping well with it at the moment, still doing my arm exercises and making every effort to walk a lot. Back for a check up tomorrow and more saline in my reconstruction. Sending you lots of love and hugs on your journey xx

Hi Miffy, I'm not too bad thanks, started chemo today, have had a lot going on, mum was poorly and ended up in hospital so I tried to focus on that but now I have to focus on me for a while, god that sounds selfish!! Trying to stay positive .

Hope you are ok??

Hugs to everyone

Xxxx

Dear fairy dust, the district nurse took my drain out and honestly, it didn’t hurt at all. All the best to you today. As we all say, the wait is really hard, once you know the way forward you can start to deal with it. Sending you lots of love and hugs xx

How are you annig? Sending you lots of love and hugs xxxx

I feel the same, Anne. Find out whether my lymph nodes are affected tomorrow. Trying to keep busy, rather than worrying about what ifs, but it's really hard at times. I wonder why it takes so long. They must know what mental torture it is. 

Had 3 of my sentinel nodes taken for checking on the 5th. When they did the original biopsys on 12th December, I was told the lymph nodes were clear, but it's been a long time since then and I've had no treatment yet. My fear is it's had all this time doing what it wants, so worried it's started speading. I'm still waiting for a date for the mastectomy and reconstruction.

Having the drain taken out as well, so worried about the pain as it's been in for 12 days. Does it hurt when it comes out anybody?

The waiting for results is very hard. It’s also hard to see anxiety in others. Do you think we should try to focus on ourselves and not worry too much about others? At times I don’t know what to do with myself but at other times I feel quite calm

All the very best to you on your journey. Try to take one step at a time. I had a mastectomy, reconstruction and reduction on the other breast on January 30th. I was out of hospital the next day and have been really fortunate to have made a good recovery. The waiting for results i've found to be hard but once my surgery was over I felt relieved in a funny sort of way. Sending you a of love xx

I've been on letrozole for a week now. Early days, but no major side effects yet. I'm have hot flushes but had those before anyway. I've asked if the chemist can order the same brand as the hospital gave. I had 50 ml into my reconstruction last week. It was fine. Love to all on our journey xx

Welcome to the group though I have no doubt its something you would rather not be a member of. Get lots of advice regarding the way forward. I was diagnosed last week and have an appointment next week to get a date for surgery. Everything will feel weird as you have been given a cancer diagnosis. Just rest, eat well and don't push yourself. I only joined the forum yesterday and everyone has been so kind. Take care and hope all goes well for you

I completely agree about the new language. SinceI have been diagnosed it's been a whole new world. The waiting is hard - waiting for more tests and waiting for a treatment plan. This forum is really helpful as people understand. 

Just a wee update.....had ANC 2 weeks ago now, feeling ok and building myself up for chemotherapy starting next week FEC-T 6 rounds followed by radiotherapy for a few weeks,  time going so quick since diagnosis.

Hope everyone is staying positive and hugs all round 

Annig

Xxxxx

Hi Collyp - How are you doing? Yeh, it's all horribly weird in the initial stages. What have been the results of your tests? Let us know when/if you feel up to xxxx
Community Champion

Yes, it is just surreal isn't it, and like learning a new language too, on top of having the shock of a cancer diagnosis which efinitely affects the old brain function. It will fall into place, honest, and you will feel more in control when you have a treatment plan - these first few weeks are among the worst I think. Take it steady and use this site for support and info. xxx

Thank you. I know im not on my own on here but so hard. Everyday the clinic phones up to make more appointments. Change times something just so hard to get your head around it
Community Champion

Collyp

I know what you mean, I remember that feeling, you look around and life is going around you and you just dont know what to do, but you have us lovely lot now who totally get you xxx

Thank you just feel do lost.