cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to forum...newly diagnosed

82 REPLIES

Re: New to forum...newly diagnosed

Thanks Jill keep getting intermittent stomach and back pain. Sure it must be stess

Michelle, I can only imagine how tough that was telling your children.

Feeling nervous going into the unknown is the norm even with some info/knowledge beforehand. 

This is the start of treatment which is good .... you’ll have one treatment done by the end of today.

thinking of you today

xhugx

Just read the new posts on this thread, Michelle and realised you're starting chemo today, good luck and hugs. It's scary, but I've already realised we're all much stronger than we think we are, even if it doesn't feel like it sometimes. I'll be thinking about you today. xxx

Thanks jo
Community Champion

The best of luck for today Michelle 💪💪 Its awful having to tell our kids and goes against the grain as a parent to do anything to unsettle them. We kept as upbeat as we could in front of them but honest at the same time , they were fussing around me for a while but they soon got back to doing their own thing which is just what we wanted them to be doing and not worrying about me! 3 years on they have all but forgotten it even happened! 

It is so tough and had someone told you months ago you would be dealing with this you would have said no I couldn't do it but here you are doing it! 👌 Xx Jo 

Thanks for the positive vibes Jean, I am starting to feel quite nervous but am telling myself the sooner it starts the sooner it will be done.
We told out girls tonight, the we’re both great but I can tell they are worried especially the younger one. This is so tough. X
Community Champion

Good luck tomorrow Michelle ,both with chemo and telling your kids - tough day for you .x
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Michelle, the jan thread have given you lots of tips for chemo on their thread 😘😘💕💕✨✨shi xx

Hi Michelle

I got feedback from my bcn.... no huge surprises on MRI...size is approx to uss and other side is ok. I’ll see what MDT says next Wednesday. Plus I’m HER2 neg.

Sounds as though you have a very supportive husband. I too worried about my hubby but he’s medically minded and has a positive outlook however I have told him he may need to talk to someone other than me about how he feels as things have a habit of catching up. Anyway we prop each other up....

Best wishes and positive vibes for tomorrow

xx

Thanks Jill I will have a read x

Hi Jean,
That must be very frustrating having to wait for the info, you’re right a quick call to prepare you would help to make this process a little easier. I’m sorry you are having to wait.
We have put off telling our kids until tomorrow morning before I go for treatment, so really at the last minute. One of them is out this evening and I just want them to have fun before they get the news. My hubby has been amazing, we are a strong couple anyway but he has been great. Having said that I do worry that he doesn’t have anyone to confide in and share his emotions with. I guess over the next few weeks we will tell more people and hopefully that will make it better for him.
How has your husband coped? A walk along the sea from sounds wonderful, enjoy xx
Community Champion

Michelle there are some helpful tips on the link below from Sue C - Community Champion .
Community Champion

Hi Michelle

Yes it’s a great sunny day...just been to the seaside for a walk and will be popping back l8r while the suns still shining.

Hope you’ve got sorted somehow today. There appears to be lots to take into account. How’s your hubby / children ?

Sounds as though there is lots of support and good advice for you on here/ other thread.

Ill be thinking of you tomorrow.

Ive not had a meeting with my nurse...she’s just back to work today. I’m finding email seems to be the easiest way of getting in touch. My MRI hadn’t been reported on for the Tuesday MDT...it was a BH when I had it so it’ll be next week. I can’t see why I couldn’t have a courtesy call 🤔 just to give me a heads up .. ie is other side ok, extent etc... just a bit of prep before clinic appt....anything but ‘pigeon post’.

Positive vibes

Jean x

Oh well, hey ho .... feel in limbo 

Thanks Feenix, it would be nice to keep in contact with each other whilst going through this jour.... next few months! I hope your meeting today was a good one xx
Thanks for the advice Jill. Although it is quick I can’t see the point if putting off the inevitable. I’m going to be in shock and devastation no matter when I have it. X
Thanks for your post and your PM Shi, you sound like a great group to get to know I’m sure I’ll be popping in to your thread. X
For now I am taking an hour out to walk the dog and appreciate this beautiful day xx
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Michelle you can always post on earlier chemo threads and ask for help and tips and guidance, we are all loving and supportive, the January chemo starters are a great bunch of ladies who are swimming through chemo together and will be a great source of help and info with chemo and there is also the BCCF helpline that you can ring too, please post on the jan chemo thread for any 👭👭👭these forums are filled with 😁😁😁👭👭👭😘😘😘💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺🕺🤪🤪🤪👍👍👍and ❤️❤️❤️For the 😢😳moments. Get those wonderwoman pants on and be 💪💪💪💪we’ve all got each other on here 😘😘😘💕💕✨✨✨shi xx
Community Champion

Goodness Michelle - chemo on Friday that's very quick indeed .If you feel you need more time to prepare you can ask them to put it back a few days - a few ladies have done that in order to get themselves properly organised .If you would like support and advice going through chemo - go to the going through treatment section and join the April chemotherapy monthly thread - you will get lots of tips from ladies who are further ahead in their treatment and support from those going through it at the same time. .

Hi Michelle

That words probably a throw back to work .... ex NHS !!!

My goodness Michelle, that’s quick but you’re starting treatments so that’s positive.  You’ll definitely have lots to sort out. There’ll be lots of information and support from those who have been and are going through chemo now. 

Glad to hear you’re looking to have  the ‘social stuff’ in your diary also. 

I’ll be thinking about you on Friday and hope you will let me know how you’re doing. I’ll keep an eye out for your posts anyway. 

Sending positive vibes 

xhugx

Thanks can’t believe how I can’t think of anything other than how scared I am want to be back to my normal chatty self. Look at my kids and even that makes me scared and feel guilty of what I am going to put them through. Loose weight and panic its the cancer when it’s probably just stress. Nice to hear from people who have come out the other side