cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New diagnosis

7 REPLIES 7

Re: New diagnosis

Bless you, im not good at asking for help either but nows the time to learn.  I've asked for support for my kids as i think they'll struggle.  

Just seems so unfair but We all have to get on with it . 

Thanks very much xx

Just to add that it’s taking me ages to take in all the information. I felt besieged by leaflets from the hospital breast cancer team and even navigating the forum makes me wish I had a better memory or was more techno savvy. So much information ( which is helpful though ) can seem overwhelming added to your understandable anxieties. Last year someone told me to take all the help I was offered knowing I’m terrible at asking for help never mind grabbing it. She was right. If it’s not offered, seek it out. If you’re concerned, speak out. Grab everything going you need or want. Then tell me to practice what I preach! 

Thank you so much xx 

Hi Pinklady 

Welcome to the forum, I found the forum so helpful, lots of lovely people to chat too. 

I was diagnosed with IDC in May 18, I also had lymph node involvement. I got through 16 cycles of chemo, a mastectomy, and now I’m having Radiotherapy. It’s been a challenge, however you will find the strength. I was very fearful initially, however my medical team, my complementary therapy team and my determination to get through each phase of this journey has shown me, I can do this. 

We have got this, we are here for you.

lots of love 

Community Champion

Hi pinklady75, sorry you find yourself here in the club none of us wanted to join.  It is a very scary time straight after diagnosis so it’s understandable that you are feeling quite anxious.  I had a similar diagnosis.  Mine was stage 3b and diffuse and had spread to 9 of my lymph nodes, diagnosed March 2017.  I got through chemo, surgery and radiotherapy. It wasn’t easy but it’s all doable and there are plenty on here who will support you throughout.  You are never alone so come on here to offload any concerns.  We understand.  Here is my story which you may find some comfort from:  http://lifeafterlola.com/

Once your treatment plan is in place you can chat with others on the “going through treatment” threads on here.  The waiting is very tough so do chat on here in the meantime. Xx

Hi there, thanks for replying   .

Hope your doing ok ??  Scarey isn't it . X

Hi Pink lady, I’m a newbie too. I had my mastectomy and clearance a week ago today. I just wanted to say hello. There are loads of wonderful women on here who will answer your questions. I can also highly recommend the helpline. 

New diagnosis

Hi all . 4 weeks ago i was diagnosed with DCIS, after sentinel biopsy i was told that it has spread, im having mastectomy and auxiliary clearance next week, im petrified it has spread further  . Im worried about everything chemo and radiotherapy treatment, losing my hair, most of all my kids. Just don't know what to think to be honest xx