cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lobular cancer -waiting for onco type results

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Lobular cancer -waiting for onco type results

Hi Sandra,

I also had a large lobular cancer which was also in 6/11 nodes. I've had mastectomy, re-excision for margins with ANC, chemo and am now finally having radiotherapy . I've been told I'm at fairly high risk of recurrence so they're throwing everything at it. I don't know the figures for improved chances offhand but I know they're pretty good with all the added treatments.

If you're offered chemo I'd do it, cos it probably won't be as bad as you fear. I had pretty much no side effects and worked all the way through.

Re: Lobular cancer -waiting for onco type results

Hi, I have lobular (and ductal in the other side, just for good measure!). Have had two mastectomies with no reconstruction and an ANC. 2/22 lymph nodes affected, so am on chemo. Just had my second FEC and I'm doing amazingly well with it. Very few side effects apart from tiredness and a couple of days of absolutely no brain whatsoever. Oh, and eating like a horse! And lost my hair :-)

My oncologist was great, she said if you do tamoxifen, this is how many out of a hundred will survive 10 years. If you add radio, this is the difference. If you add chemo this is the difference. Made it easy for me to see the benefits for me of chemo - something like 18% in my case.

Highlighted

Lobular cancer -waiting for onco type results

Hello, anyone here with lobular, aggressive c waiting for onco-type results? Or that has received and was advised to have chemo?