cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it wrong to feel positive?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Is it wrong to feel positive?

It's strange as was talking to my mum today. I'm 49 and before this the only thoughts I had towards cancer was negative and now I've been diagnosed  my thoughts are positive. So my answer is be positive but expect a few wobbles along the way. I've not had my op yet and have been ok but last night I was in floods of tears but. I'm back as positive me today xxxx vic xxxx

Nothing wrong with being positive.  It was a shock when my lump was discovered but my op was successful and it had not spread to lymph nodes so I am currently having radiotherapy/ no chemo.  I am so thankful it has been caught early and have tried to remain positive throughout.  It’s amazing what they can do now.  Don’t get me wrong I have off days but on the whole I think remaining positive has helped.  Although since my original shock of diagnosis all the news I have been given has been positive so yes I am very lucky and hopefully you will be too.  Positivity definitely doesn’t hurt 😘xxx Hope all goes well for you xxx

Community Champion

Jane

I totally agree with ann, we were diagnosed around the same time and had a similar treatment plan.  From the first, once I had got over the shock of being diagnosed as it was following a routine mammo, I was determined that I would deal with whatever it threw at me but one thing was for sure I was going to come out the other side, which I have done and living life as before.

I have always been a glass half full girl myself.

Helena xxx

Community Champion

Hi Jane,

Not at all! Fortunately, that's the outcome for the vast majority of us.

I too felt as you do when first diagnosed, although of course, it does also feel scary too.

I did not need chemo & was back to life as normal after a few months.

ann x

Is it wrong to feel positive?

Had a biopsy taken 2 days ago so only suspicious at the moment although Consultant thinks will be cancerous. Trouble is I keep thinking I will have treatment and eventually be able to get on with my life. I am not usually a glass half full person so this is strange for me. Am I being to optimistic?