Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hormone treatment

10 REPLIES 10

Re: Hormone treatment

Let us know how you get on xxx

Good evening. I have recently been diagnosed with secondary breast cancer, bone cancer. Off to the consultant tomorrow for treatment plan. I have found the posts on all the threads useful this evening and intend to come back later this week. 

The reason for posting on this thread is they are talking hormone treatment. The two treatments that have been suggested are Palbociclib or Abeniacicilb. 

Thank you 

Gail519

I'm on lethozole now. 8 also have monthly injections stop my periods as I'm on 32 think and as csncer spread to bones need start my injection for strengthen the bones up when calcium gets up. Nothing on surgery yet had 2/5 radiotherapy yesterday Monday for neck skull got till Thursday then I'm finished that it only takes ten minutes or so. It still. Kicks my arse cause flsre up and tiredness I'm on lot pain releif too but just taken oramorph for it xx

Xx

Community Champion

Hi.. 

I've had chemo/mx/node clearance and radiotherapy.. have 5 more herceptin injections to go, need to start my Zolendronic acid infusions and Letrozole for 10 years!! 💪🏻🎀

What about you? 

Where are you up to with your treatment? 💕

🌸💮🏵

What treatment you getting hun xx

Community Champion

Oh no Daylightdancer666

I bet that was a huge shock! 😘

Fingers crossed the radiotherapy works! 🤞🏻

Everything is crossed for you... Let us know how you get on xx 🎀💪🏻💕

So sorry late reply been busy and exhausted. 

Well my blood test results and I've been put calcium supplements. Meanwhile. Sore. Mouth and taste buds, she decided take.me off Palbociclib and maybe start as reduced dose after radiotherapy since then my taste buds getting better but mouth improved 

Meanwhile pains in legs she mentioned she wants me off steriods soon as thst will be having effect. But  regarding my. Mobility it has got worse since wrote on this forum I went to ct planning session for my head skull last Thursday and mentioned my leg being very painful well legs and had use dsd walking stick my oncologist checked my mri and they're was actually deposits of csncer in the top fema.  So had radiotherapy on that yesterday and one of five for skullf neck. 

Community Champion

Hi Daylightdancer666

Yes...I'd be interested to know if you get any tips!

Hope you feel better soon x 💪🏻💗

Hiya 

Count yourself lucky ha with taste buds there getting better mind. As for legs and feet legs of mine are very stiff painful thst I can barely walk my dad given me mum's stick which is big help but way I'm walking something isn't right so going to mention it to clinical oncologist tomorow let you know if get any closer answers, my legs are also swolen up my left in particular so went go hospital yesterday dsy patient and today ultrasound clear no further treatment xx

Community Champion

Hi Daylightdancer666

I've been on Letrozole since March this year.. I haven't noticed any difference in my taste buds! 

It's a pity it doesn't stop me eating!! Haha!

I have got very achey bones in my legs and feet though! And no strength in my bottom half whatsoever! I saw my oncologist who said the 'aches should settle down eventually!' 👵🏻

Hopefully you'll start enjoying your food again soon x 🎀

Hormone treatment

Morning all sorry if this is repeated question etc I recently started my lethozole and something else which I can't pronounce and never mind spell. Anyway the aches and pains have come on and I noticed within information I received it says change in appitite and while Im not off my food has anyone experienced that food tastes bland like no taste bud I had breakfast with butter and just tastes like cardboard. 

Many thanks xx