Re: Hi!

Hi Flossie, sorry you find yourself here.   It really is an anxious time from diagnosis to the start of treatment.  I had a very large tumour (90mm) and 9/12 lymph nodes affected and here I am back to work full time and enjoying life again.  Try and channel your thoughts in a way which will help you in some way rather than spiralling out of control. I know it's easier said than done after such a bombshell.  Here is my blog which has lots of tips which I hope you find of some use and comfort.  http://lifeafterlola.blogspot.com/  Let us know how you're getting on and come here to offload if you need to. Sending hugs. Xxx

Highlighted

Hi Flossie (love the name :-)

I had my mammograms, ultra sound and biopsies all on the same day as well - I was shellshocked as I was convinced I would have one mammogram and be told there was nothing to worry about and be sent home, so it was a pretty horrible day all in all. Then the wait for 9 days for the results was agonising. I have to have an MRI scan before they decide whether its a lumpectomy or mastectomy because there's a discrepency on whats showing up on the ultra sound and the physical examination - the physical exam seems to indicate a larger area so the MRI should give a clearer indictation as to what's going on.

I wonder if anyone else has experienced such a discrepency - I must admit i'm worried about what might show up on the MRI.

Must keep positive. 

Love

Helen

xxx

Hi Helen, thank you, yes waiting is the worst bit, just want it done now so can move on to whatever is next. I was lucky that I had all my initial tests, mammogram, biopsies and ultrasound all on the same day. Haven't had MRI as yet, waiting to see what pathology results are after surgery, Leanne x

Hi. I was diagnosed on Wednesday of this week and I'm awaiting to have an MRI scan before they decide which surgery I'll need - so its all still very 'new' to me. I'm sure others will be along very soon to give you some help. The only words of comfort I can offer at the moment is that medicines and procedures for breast cancer has come on in leaps and bounds. The waiting is the worst thing. Helen xxx

Hi!

Hi, I am awaiting mastectomy on 20th after diagnosis last week. Not sure what stage it is yet as it's spread to L1 nodes but unsure if anywhere else as yet. Don't find that our until 4th September, which seems a lifetime away. I have some experience of Breast and Prostate cancers as both my parents have them, thankfully mum is in remission now for 3 years. It's so different coping with it when it happens to you though. Any words of advice or tips?