Re: Falling apart

OMG how stupid I am!!!. Just watched a not happy ending cancer story about 34 years women (im 37).
Im scared to bones now. Just got feeling my cancer has spread everywhere while I was watching.

Good luck today Peedles.

how are u nic now? have u had ur her2 result xx
Community Champion

Peedles

Are you employed by the NHS or by the GP surgery itself.  whichever way you need to get a copy of their sickness policy to see what it says in there.  You are also covered under the Equality Act 2010.

Helena xxx

Waiting is so very hard and such an anxious time I get my results tomorrow so hopefully can move forward I have contacted work today and have a meeting with them Thursday Hopefully we can make a plan then as I've still got to have radiotherapy at some time I'm also hoping that my employers who are gps could look on me kindly and as a gesture of good will extend paying me full pay To perhaps : months

Hi there

So pleased you've got that out of the way!

Remember you have lots of friends on here who are thinking of you in the meantime and will be rooting for you on Wednesday...!

Love

Tilly

xxx

Community Champion

Nikki

Well that is one milestone completed, onwards now to Wednesday, got everything crossed for you and you will be in my thoughts xxx

Thanks all. I had the CT scan this morning so now it's just a case of waiting until Wednesday for my first oncology appointment when I will *hopefully* get the results (and fingers crossed they will be 'good') and maybe even a treatment plan.

This waiting is soooo hard - my brain doesn't do well with 'what ifs'!

Xxx

Couldn't agree more. After my initial biopsy, I got the doctor to actually explain why it took a week for the results to come back - literally 'what happens every day'. Think I frightened the poor woman! - but to her credit she did explain it - and annoyingly, it did make sense. I get post op results on Tuesday so counting the hours now. 

Community Champion

Good luck tomorrow Nic, lack of sleep and anxiety can cause all sorts of weird symptoms .Its such a shame that at each step of the process you have to wait for a few days to find out results - makes things so much harder if only they could just tell you there and then - this is what's going on ,this is what happens next .

Will be thinking of you tomorrow.

xxx

Thinking of you xx

Thank you all so much - just knowing that there are people who know what I'm going through and are wishing me well means a huge amount.

I am dreading tomorrow's scan - even though I will not get any results for several days (hoping they'll be available for my first oncology appointment on Wednesday but not sure if that is too hopeful?!).

I am tryinb to make myself think that if they find something, it is better that we know so it can be dealt with. But the reality that the situation will be so much worse if they do find anything else makes me sick to my stomach. I am convinced I have every symptom going (including what feels like my tongue is too big for my mouth so I stumble over words!). All of these have only come on since I was diagnosed 9 days ago!! And they could all be attributed to the situation (anxiety or the sleeping tablets or the antidepressants or a combination of all three!). It's such a mind-f*!#

Thank you all again, your thoughts/good wishes are very gratefully received xxx
Highlighted

Nic Nic,

Thinking of you and hope it goes well tomorrow xx

Nic Nic

Hope you are not feeling so low today. 

As we were both diagnosed on the same day, we've been on this downhill rollercoaster together. I was reading your posts with great sympathy and sorrow whilst putting on a brave face for those around me, when deep down like you i was filled with a sense of dread. It didn't matter how many people told me how good the success rate was for BC, after all it's not them who have it........

BUT - since getting the all clear on the growth of my liver, things do not seem so overwhelming. 

As everyone says on here, things will start to get easier but we all reach that point and different times. And it's one step at a time. 

Hugs.

Paula xx

I totally understand how you are feeling. I nearly went crazy waiting for confirmation and treatment plan. Had lumpectomy very quickly now got 3 week wait to find out state of lymph nodes and if they have got all of the lump with a healthy margin. I have brought up 3 children and can imagine how awful going through this with little ones must be. Mine are all adults and good at raising my spirits. I remember a horrible fortnight many moons ago looking after them when they were all small when I had a bad bout of flu, that was bad enough.

Don't beat yourself up, you can't help the way that you feel. Take any offers of help that come your way, you will soon find out which people are genuine and which aren't. Try to surround yourself with joyful people, that's where children do help!

good luck and I hope that you get some better news soon x

Community Champion

fairy

and that train will reach its destination the other side of this xxx

nik im fallin apart too but we have to jump on the train and begin our journey to being better

Yes same here as jencat Big hugs xx

Yes me too Big hugs xx