cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appointment timescales

2 REPLIES 2
Community Champion

Re: Appointment timescales

Hospitals work within set guidelines , and if the appointments are not offered within them then I believe there are sanctions. From my treatments I understand that eight weeks is within the treatment guidelines, but I was extremely lucky and was treated within them at every stage. I think it is a bit of a post code lottery when it comes to hospital trusts . If in doubt I wouldn't hesitate to push for answers to your questions. You've enough on your plate without grey areas of doubt. X

Re: Appointment timescales

I thought it would be quicker than that.  I have read somewhere that the optimal time to have treatment after surgery is within 8 weeks

Appointment timescales

Can anyone give me an idea as to how long you had to wait for a clinical oncology appointment after surgery? 

I'm getting different information with every professional I speak to and my appointment is 7 weeks after surgery results, which seems too long. 

I do have to have more surgery but we already know the majority of the relevant info such as grade, size and node involvement. 

I'm in a bit of a black hole it feels at the moment as I ask questions and it seems like I never get a clear answer.