Highlighted

Re: Any fitness instructors here that I could talk to please?

Hi Alison, I am not a fitness instructor but I do lots of fitness classes so I can tell you my experience of getting back to exercise. I had WLE & SNB on 30th October, I unfortunately developed bad cording which limited me a bit but after I requested physio it sorted itself out after 2-3 weeks. I found the wound on my breast very little trouble(mine was actually more on my chest as my lump was very high) but the wound under my arm was more troublesome and the cording did give me quite a bit of pain and limited movement. Not everyone gets cording though so fingers crossed you don’t. I was able to go out running 2 weeks after my surgery although it was still a bit tender. I was also able to do spin class and just be careful about the amount of pressure I put on my arm. My favourite class is body attack which I went back to after about 4 weeks but l couldn’t manage burpees or full press ups. I only did what I could manage to do and if it hadn’t been for the cording I would’ve managed more. After 6 weeks I was back doing everything I had done before surgery. Thankfully I haven’t lost any fitness or strength. Exercise is extremely important to me and it helps with my mental state too so I’m glad that I’m still able to carry on as before. I’m starting radiotherapy next week for 23 treatments so hopefully I’ll feel fine to carry on my usual routine. What fitness do you teach? I have often thought about doing my instructor training. Hope all goes well with your surgery and ongoing treatment and I hope my info is of some help or reassurance to you. Xx

Thanks Jill....hope somebody will get back to me soon xx
Community Champion

Hello Alison ,welcome to the forum .I can't help with your particular query but I know there are ladies on the forum who run and I think maybe a couple in a similar line of work hopefully they will be along to advise .I had a lumpectomy and SNB- the recovery from lumpectomy was pretty quick but the wound under my arm was more sore and my movement was restricted for a while afterwards.The arm excercises help improve things quite quickly .Good luck with your op .

Any fitness instructors here that I could talk to please?

I'm due for lumpectomy on 16th January, and just wondered if anyone does a similar job?  I know that everybody is saying that I have to completely focus on myself, but I can't help but worry about my business,and what will happena as I'm totally self reliant..I work in Spain and sick pay is pretty much non-existent.  Were you able to get back to some kind of teaching after the first suregry phase(of course I know that my upper body will be sore but I can talk a good class!)  Any chat would be really appreciated,thank you xx