cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flu jab

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Flu jab

Hi Fezzy thanks so much for your reply and advice, the last injections i had were just after my surgery so everything was fresh in my mind, and the nurse just said she would use the other arm just as a precaution. The fact that i offered up my arm on my supposedly weaker side suggests its not so prominent in my thoughts but i wont make same mistake again ive noticed when overtired i get aches and pains on the side i had the op on.
I guess my weakest point!
Hope you are doing ok x

hi LynR I had wle and sentinel node biopsy in July and was told not to have any blood taken or injections from the surgery side but I think this is because of the risk of lymphodema after snb.  Fezzy x

Community Manager

Hi LynR,

While you're waiting for a reply from the community about this, do feel free to give our breast care nurses a call on 0808 800 6000.

Take care,

Becca at Breast Cancer Care.

Flu jab

Had a wire guided wide excision for intermediate dcis in february resulting in clear margins. Have just had a flu jab on thursdsy on the same side as had surgery. Having some discomfort around wound site (which is completely healed now) my question is should i have hadvthe jab in the other arm? Didnt think about it at time but wondering now if ive made mistake - had anyone else had similar issue, should i be concerned or am i being over sensitive?