Re: DCIS and IDC

Thanks Lucia, how are you

Angela xx

GOOd luck Angela.

Xxx

Lucia,
Went to hosp today, was a lady today. Checked where the original cyst was and she thinks it muscular rather than from it. Scar healing well, still some fluid but nothing to worry about so think that’s me done with them. Day 1 of 15 on Monday

Angela xx

Thanks Helena I joined

Angela xx
Community Champion

Justme41

I have started a December 2017 radiotherapy thread on Going Through Treatment, Radiotherapy, if you want to post of there as well when you start as you will get loads of help and support from the ladies who are going through it at the same time as you.

Helena xx

Have to get 15, so will finish on 22nd December.

Okey doke will do

Angela xx

How many sessions of radio have you to get Angela 

Let me know how you get on Thursday.

Lucia

Lucia,

It’s been really quick, mr m doesn’t hang about, said he’d refer me about original cyst so I’m back again this Thursday. Was shocked to read you’d gone in on the Monday.

She was the one who said her friend had it ‘pre cancerous cells’ it’s nothing you’ll be ok. Now she’s had a personality transplant lol and trust me I can’t either theres been no filter on my language these last few days.

Blocking it totally makes sense, I do auto pilot or as Helena says automatic.

Glad you’re taking it easy and being careful

Angela xx

Thanks Kimi

I read that much. I didn't know what was what.

Lucia

Yes Helena i cannot wait for shower day.

Angela great to hear you.

As for your boss. Really has no clue. I actually cannot  write the words i want to here about her would get there off site

Like  you Angela it has been so quick it hasn't hit me yet i know it hasnt.

I have had the tears but nothing to write home about. I think I am trying to block most of it out make it not real if that makes sense. 

Lucia

Community Champion

Angela

You go girl Smiley Happy Smiley Happy xx

Helena,

Thank you so much for today, I just replied thank you so the next time it will be something more but still polite. Happier knowing the way I feel is kinda normal.

Angela xx
Community Champion

Angela

On a Sunday!!  I would very politely say to her that whilst you appreciate her checking to see how you are but that it would be better if she text you on a weekday, silly woman.

You are right, we get on this rollercoaster of hospital appointments we go into automatics, then there is a gap before rads start. 

xxx

Helena,

Thank you, yeah it has all happened so quick and I think I have been in auto pilot for most of it. I’m grateful it’s gone and I only have radiotherapy and genetics to go through. Like you there’s been other stuff, so I’ll maybe think about the counselling route. My boss is doing my head in too and a simple text from her yesterday (sun) set me off. Think it’s the ‘but it’s gone, you’re supposed to be jumping for joy and back to normal’ kinda comments or similar being implied.

I’ll look that up and follow, thank you

Angela xx
Community Champion

Just4me

Its amazing isnt it and that is only 3 weeks after your op, I am over 12 months and all I have is a thin line that just looks like a crease and I had 20 sessions of rads on it.

I think there is a point at which it suddenly hits you.  I remember when I was about to start rads, which was about 9 weeks after my op,  I felt that I was doing too well and was concerned that I was going to crash and burn, my boss arranged for me to have counselling which did me the world of good because I was dealing with other changes in the life of myself and my partner.  Dont know if you have thought about having some as it gives you a safe environment to talk to someone who is not emotionally attached to you.

If you go to the Going Through Treatment section, radiotherapy thread, I will be starting a December 2017 Radiotherapy string on there where you will be able to talk with ladies who are going through or starting rads in December

Helena xxx

Anyone advise, have had WLE and waiting on radiotherapy which starts next Monday. My steri strips didn’t fall off so they were took off on Friday, meaning I just saw my scar for first then (3 weeks later) Scar is perfect and nothing wrong with it but guess it all sunk in and made it real. Don’t mean to sound dramatic, head has been mush the last week and was wondering when it’ll come clear or anyone else have the delayed reaction.

Thanks In advance

Hi Lucia, glad your op went well. I think if it's only high grade DCIS it will possibly be no further treatment. I was put on tamoxifen for 5 years but think that was because they found a 3mm invasive hormone + tumour during the operation, no mode involvement. Hope all goes well with your results.
Xx

Lucia,

Good to hear from you. Mine was high grade DCIS, margins clear so it was only radiotherapy for me

Angela xx
Community Champion

Lucia

Oh I cant help on that one, I know when I had my lumpectomy I was not allowed to shower because I did not have a waterproof dressing over the areas, that was because I am allergic to the sticky stuff on them, I just topped and tailed for the 10 days, but boy it was amazing the first time I did shower Smiley Happy

Your bcn will be able to tell you if you give her a call xx

Thank you Helena.

Good to hear fromyou.

Meant to ask in my previous post.

I am unsure about showering 

Will ring bc nurse but was wondering procedure to follow i am sure they told me but brain is mush. Just home with the steri strips on was told they curl up come off. Showered from waist down . Washed too half avoided would and my sister washed my hair today lol 

XXxX lucia