Did you mean: 

DCIS and IDC

Community Champion

Re: DCIS and IDC

nicolad

Looking forward to hearing from you when you are the other side of your op

Helena xx

Well, that's me admitted, mark up done, pjs on. All good!! Looking forward to being out the other side

Hi nicola.

When I was diagnosed i thought u needed special bras from special just shop .

So I went online to a site called nicola Jane bought 2 bras post surgery.

They were expensive one was 42 pound. I didn't realize u could just get non padded no wire full cup bras.

My sister bought me some in M and s not specific for mastectomy daughter bought me sports s bras that u pull in over head she didn't think lol

The amount of bras i have lol.The ones from nicola Jane were front opening which made things easier. Bcn was horrified at price lol so was i. Hard to justify price but I found it comfortable  after surgery front opening as the doctors found checking all the time. Normal ful! Cup bras are doing the job now as well as my arm movement improves.

Read on here that ladies have bought bras from asda that done the job as well.

Angela good to hear all going well .

Not long now Nicola wish you all the best.Keep in touch when u can afterwards thinking of you it's strange Nicola but you actually get a sense of get in get it done.

Lucia

Hi Pollym,

It’s good to hear from you 😊 yeah it’s a bit confusing sometimes.
You’ve been through so much! Are they planning to go back in again soon?
I get what you mean regarding your surgeon, mine was straight to the point with me, which my partner maybe found hard but I preferred.

Tomorrow is day 6 radiotherapy and going ok, hope you are recovering well

Angela xx

Hi Lucia

I'm reassured definitely to know that Mr Mallon is one of the best in his field and I felt that when I was reviewed by him. The clinic nurses are great and nothing has ever been too much hassle! 

I'm looking forward to being out the other side. I'm assuming my pathology report with tell me what else I need, if anything, afterwards. 

I'm glad to hear everything is going well for you so far! This is more reassuring for me then anything. Can I ask you where you got your post surgery bras? I'm finding them hard to find!! 

Hello Angela (justme41) and Dizzybee,

I'm so sorry I have not been back here but I got confused about where I had posted!  Thanks so much for your support - I really appreciate it especially with what is going on for you too!

I had my mastectomy and SNLB as planned - they found a micromet in my lymph node but no invasive cancer as yet - they are going to have another go to try and find it!

I had 30mm of DCIS too which is er and pr neg - so different from my first BC on the other side!

As it stands, my surgeon is saying that I have had all the treatment - I keep thinking that surely they need to find and test the invasive cancer first - I must admit that I have not really hit it off with my surgeon and do not really feel much confidence in her - she plays everything down whereas I want the belt and braces approach especially as this is my second time!

I hope you have all had a good weekend and wish you the best with your treatment

xxx

Hi  Nicola.

I am just over 2 weeks post surgery and I am gaining mire and more strength each day

Been out for walks  bit of shopping seen friends for lunch. It's amazing how quick u come on  (single masectomy).

Still tired and up and down a bit but doing good.

Will be seeing Mr Mallon in January for next part of treatment be going there a while yet. 

I am doing exercises each day but still a strain I feel in top half of arm hoping that gets easier with time.

Mr Mallon has been great as have all the staff in the City couldn't fault them. One of the senior nurses when I was in hospital said he is one if the best. 

So hope that reasures you a bit.

I will be having implant at later stage Mr Mallon will start the fills from January.

How are you. How have u found things so far.

Lucia

hi Lucia

Mr Mallon in the City as well as Mr Sinclair in the Ulster are doing my mastectomy and reconstruction. They gave me 3 options and I went with the one that suited me the best. 
I go in on 14th to the Ulster and I have been happy with everything so far. 
How did you find everything? I hope you're healing well x 

Community Champion

Lucia

In all of this it is always good to hear the positive endings for all of us no matter what our journey has involved.  Have a look at this link, I think it says it all

https://forum.breastcancercare.org.uk/t5/Diagnosed-with-breast-cancer/14-Ladies-1-Year-on/m-p/117392...

Helena xxx

Thanks so much girls.

None of this has really hit home. And I am very mindful of all other posts i have read on here and people i know personally who have to go through tough treatments decisions etc  that I didn't have to leave you with mixed emotions.

God bless.

Lucia

Community Champion

Lucia

Oh that is great news, just give yourself a bit of time to get used to it and it will all fit into place.

Have a wonderful Christmas xxxx

So pleased for you Lucia xx

Hi.

Great news.

All was removed nothing lurking inside clear nodes.

No treatment required. .

Have to go for check ups off wound and start the fills after Christmas .

Regular checks off other breast . Mammogram every year.

Omg I am so pleased but feel weird unsure at same time then elation.

Still a way to go as only 2weeks recovery so far not of off woods infections etc. I might have cording not sure wc

What fibro about that apart from excerise.

But the news omg so pleased so lucky.

Lucia

Lucia - just read, good luck for tomorrow xx
Community Champion

Lucia

It is amazing how everything happens so quickly, there are times when you have not even got time to take it all in, which I suppose in some ways is a good thing.

Am at work tomorrow am but you will be in my thoughts my dear

Helena xxx

Helena thanks so much means alot.

It seems like yesterday you answered my first post i was all over the show.

Now I am at this stage. I know having dcis is if possible a good thing but with high grade and who knows what they see when the operate i hope I get good results another sleepless night but at least I will know tomorrow.

From 31st October to 7th December i am not this stage Results.

Mammogram recall

Biopsy

Mastectomy

Now I am here.

5 weeks that took unreal.

Thanks again to you all 

Lucia

Community Champion

Lucia

Everything crossed for you, but I dont know how on earth I am going to be able to walk or eat my food now Smiley Happy

Helena xxx

Hi all.

Just an update for phone call today from consultant Secretary to go see him tomorrow at 1pm he has the results.

Lucia

Can’t believe that’s two weeks gone by from your op, glad you’re doing well and were able to get out for a bit. I guess we surprise ourselves sometimes 😊
Pleased youre doing so well.

I thought maybe you’d have got them this week with cons being off last week and totally get all of the anxiety bit. I was anxious waiting on mine but tbh when given them that’s when it hit and reality kicked in. Then came the comments sure it’s away and poof you’re supposed to be normal again lol. Let us know when you hear xx

Day 2 today, I’m ok. My times are all early so yest I was out for 9 and on way home

Angela xx

I am 2weeks today post op.

Doing well.. Arm still sore but am doing exercises every day and range of movement is getting better and better not like before but see great improvement.

I am honestly shocked after 2weeks how much I Have come physically i know I am not 100 percent yet but my God didn't think I would be were i am.

Have been out in Sunday for first time since op

went shopping only for an hour great to start getting out and about

And 3o minute walk .   So that made me feel normal .

No letter yet from hospital for results yet. Thought would have heard by now so that is holding me back in a lot of ways feel like I am in limbo it's effecting me moving on more as I don't know what the outcome is any treatment needed did they find anything else etc. Was there just dcis. Before operation you are in nerves aniexty etc then got op settled down glad i was over that bit feeling positive .Now I am back to that stage pre operation again waiting on date to get results which effects you trying to get move on  nerves anxiety back.

How's treatment going for you. Your on the countdown so p!eased for you.

Lucia