Community Champion

Re: Need Hug or Kick up the Backside

Looks quite similar to my week Belle !!! I Seem to be a bit calmer this afternoon -been out with dog again and didn't leg it back so quickly this time !!! Fingers crossed the last few days were a blip and I will continue to have some more sleep and some calmer times .And fingers crossed for the magnet !!!
Community Champion

Belle

And you have, happy friday to you as well xxx

Hello All Ladies..... hope everyone is well. The picture is a true reflection of my week but hopefully not yours. Happy Friday and have a lovely weekend. Belle xxx

7C7009AA-8A33-4154-903F-8FB6907D4FD0.jpeg

Hiya Jill, we seem to be chasing the elusive sleep!!!!! The pill that I take helps with my anxiety and I could fall asleep easily but once, the hot flushes and night sweats occur, there goes my 💤💤💤

So if need be, I normally will take the pill during the day.....found that my anxiety is at its worst in the mornings

Thats not bad at all.....venturing out with your dog 😄

Hopefully the magnet will work after the month trial...

Wishing you more hours of sleep for tonight and nights to come

Belle xxx

Community Champion

Morning all,3 hours -sleep better than none I guess .Not quite as bad anxiety wise today, ventured out with dog but not very far and walked very quickly on way back !!! sleep certainly impacts on the ability to cope- hopefully will get more than 3 hours tonight ! Hot flushes certainly do not aid sleep ,starting 3rd week with the magnet -supposed to take 4 before you see a difference if it's going to work .
Community Champion

Magnet not helped so far but takes a month at least to work if it's going to .
Community Champion

Sending you a big hug back Belle and hoping for a better nights sleep for both of us.Yes it's not over when it's over - unfortunately ... you have found pills that help - blooming take them and have a good nights sleep .
Highlighted

No, haven’t tried sage pills at all.... read that it works for some women. Another seems to work is the red clover, haven’t tried too!!

Hows your magnet? Do you find it helpful?

Was so naive....daft even....to think that when I was first diagnosed, after mx and treatments, All will be business as usual but NO..... have been so struggling with the side effects, definitely life changing. Try very hard to be positive daily but it does get to you....you know what I mean.

Yup, it is soul destroying......assassination of our former self....

A BIG Hug for you, JIll..... Belle xxx

Community Champion

I think there is def a hormonal element to the anxiety therefore I guess it makes sense that anxiety goes hand in hand with the flushes .Have you tried sage tablets -that's the only thing I haven't tried yet .Sleep is so important to everything -hoping I revert to getting at least some rest again soon -it's soul destroying isn't it Belle ?

Hiya Jill,

Whew.....we sound alike.....hot flushes then anxiety....Why is it that we get anxiety after the hot flushes?? Can’t comprehend!!

I think I have resigned to the fact that I could not get a proper night sleep. The hours I get really depends on the intensity and frequency of the hot flushes and anxiety! Come to think of it.....I have not got complete night rest since my diagnosis!!! 

Heres to better days and and restful nights plus anxiety free

Belle xxx

Community Champion

Hi Belle ,hot flushes wake me up then anxiety kicks in .Last night was hell - fell asleep for about an hour -husband came to bed and woke me up and then that was me for the rest of the night .Hoping I will revert to sleeping reasonably again because it makes a massive difference to the level of anxiety I think -or is it the other way round ? ? Don't have accupuncture til next Tuesday now - wish I did !!! Next week have 2 sessions so hopefully that will set me back on track.

Thanks Sue, as usual, that are good and bad days.....😌😞

Yeah, saw that you recommended to Jill and totally forgot about that.....will check it out.....we definitely need more laughter!!😂

So pleased for you that All went well at your gp.👍🏼

Happy celebrating.....🥂

😘😘😘

Community Champion

Hi belle
Sorry to read that your day is not good 😩
What helps for you? I have many tv recommendations if that helps!? Plus, I think I mentioned to Jill before.....I'm currently watching Ricky Gervais and Karl Pilkington on You Tube.....soooo funny!
Saw Dr this afternoon about another matter....its never ending right?! Plus I have to take tablets for high blood pressure (Another letrozole side effect!!) so got that checked and all good.
Going out in a mo to my daughters celebration evening.
Sending hugs to all
Sue xx

Hiya Sue,

Happy to hear that you are doing better today. Nothing is worth you stressing out....

Hope that your visit to your gp is productive.....are you getting your referral letter??

Belle

xxx

Hiya Rachael,

Hope that you are well and able to sort out your work date! Belle xxx

Hi Mary, nice to hear that you had a good holiday!! Joining the choir is awesome!
Best wishes, Belle xxx

Hiya Jill,

Today’s a bit of downer for me.....just tired and anxious.... thanks for asking!

You have been through the mill and at this current time, you are not well to attend the meetings or work....period....and hopefully, your employer understands!

Oh dear, another sleepless night.....same here.....what’s keeping you awake? For me, it’s the hot flushes.

Are you going for your acupuncture tomorrow?

Belle xxx

Community Champion

Hopefully you have now got it sorted !!! Well done for staying calm .My immediate manager has been understanding ,I work for local authority so they have to follow set procedures when you are off sick ,their hands are tied somewhat as to how they approach things .Waiting to here how they will deal with me not being well enough to attend any meetings regarding my sickness .
Community Champion

Yes, supervisor intervened yesterday.....still not confident that it will get down. 

And we will try uni too. It's such a large company that you never get to speak to the same person twice and there are lots of different departments. Very frustrating😠 Managed to stay calmer yesterday though!

Are work understanding?

Community Champion

Have you spoken to a supervisor Sue - it's ridiculous that he still has no loan.Could the Uni do anything to help ? Student welfare ?No , Im not considering going back to work - I can't even get to corner shop easily so not a chance in the foreseeable future .