cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cold Cap - did it help keep your hair?

Community Champion

Re: Cold Cap - did it help keep your hair?

Hope it goes well today Tina - try a piece of gauze under the chin strap, or if you have any soft fabric/felt lying around the house take that with you. I found the strap really itchy and kept pulling it down - I did wear it on the boney part of my chin rather than on the fleshy part under the chin which strangled me!!

Thats reassuring as im due number2 tomorrow and im shedding quite a bit. Im sick of people (mother in law especially) saying...its only hair..not important! It is to me im afraid....i look so dreadful because i cant style my hair....its not the type you can just leave n look ok....its v unruly and although im coping with pretty scarves and a cap i hate headwear fullstop....its such a relief when i can take them off as long as I don't glance in the mirror! I do have a wig but its an absolute last resort as i find it v v uncomfortable...also it needs cutting to my style. Im absolutely dreading tomorrow evenmore than my 1st time! Im hopefully more prepared though....several options to cover my forehead under the cap as that was the worst part for me. ..... Ice burn on my forehead! The pain stayed the whole time. Painkillers to take beforehand and a hot water bottle. Wish me luck. Ps any tips for that lovely chin strap....i kept pulling it down to releive the pressure xx

I have had 4 fec chemos and still have most of my hair. The cold cap has worked so far for me and my hair loss has reduced over time with the first cycle being the worst.

With the cold cap make sure it is touching everywhere and particularly the top of your head.  Wherever it isnt touching it isnt working so dont let them turn it on until you are sure it is a snug fit.  The machine needs to be between 4 and 7 degress and you can unswitch it briefly to go to the loo. The red one is the one that affects hair and is given first and then there is a set time which I think may be two hours after where you need to keep it on.  Next time I am going to try and find something waterproof to put around my neck so that my wet cold hair does not make me colder.  I also take gloves and a hot water bottle as I hate the cold and am a bit of a princess!  Anything to make myself feel better as it is a bit of a long wait to take the cap off.  Worth it though.  

I am not washing my hair very much - twice a week - but it has got dryer with the chemo and it doesnt seem to mind.  Sometimes I wash just the fringe and try to comb as little as possible  Iam also using something called luxe oil by wela that i smooth on to my hair before i brush or wash it.  I have also used my straignerners! oh horror!  But only on special occasions and it made me feel a lot better to look like my again.  I don't use the hair dyer but let it dry naturally.

I wear a fetching pink hair net in bed and have silk pillowcases to stop my hair pullingif any of it dare escape from the hair net  and also use a shower cap.  

Strange but the hair that has stayed is still growing.....

Laura I had a similar experience to you.  The first 10 minutes were unpleasant but do-able.  I actually didn't find it as cold as I thought I was going to.  When they took it off, I didn't have ice on my head but it was very cold and wet to touch.  I think they had let it cool down whilst still on.

I'm on day 14 after my first cycle of EC.  So far, touch wood, no shedding and in fact I seem to be losing far less than I did before chemo - however I'm not counting my chickens and this could be the calm before the storm!

One thing I did do, which helped tons, was I found a scrap of sheepskin material (no idea where it had come from but found it around the house!) and I threaded that under the chin strap and could keep pulling down on that.  I did look like I had a Tutankhamun beard but it was worth it as I found the strap the worst bit.

Thanks for your reply Marli. The machine was switched off for about 15mins before I took it off. The nurse said to leave it on so maybe that's it x

Laura - I did have ice/frost most times but it does depend how long the cap was left on after it is switched off as it does defrost quickly. When I had my first cold cap I was surprised I could bear I asked the nurse if the machine was working . After checking the temperature she assured me it was. You can always check the machine your self, I think it should be -5 degrees. Also check that the cap is the right size and check if you can't feel the cold especially on the top of you head.Make sure it is damp all over and plenty of conditioner. I wrote the sizes of my cap and cover in my book to remind me when a different nurse asked what size I used.

Keep at it - it is worth it.  Marli xx

Those of you that the cold cap worked for, did you have ice on your head afterwards? I've been so deflated since having chemo last week that it may not have worked as wasn't cold enough...I guess I'll find out next week. Really hoping I hold onto some hair

Hi .i lost some hair on chemo..coldcap paxman worked well for me..take a paracetamol before it goes on helps with headache ...after fifteen minutes its doable..take care sharonx

Re: Cold Cap - does hair lose stop?

Thank you for posting. Your reassurance helps. It's such an anxious time having the chemo without worrying about if the cold cap is working. Thanks again x

Sue, please don't panic. I lost what seemed to be a lot of hair at each wash for the first 2 rounds of chemo. From round 3 it slowed down. Be gentle with your hair, try to wash only once a week and pat dry not rub. Sleeping on a satin pillowcase is useful as it does not snag the hair.

My Paxman machine had a chart hanging from it which tells the length of time needed depending on your drugs. Perhaps you could ask the nurse to show you so that you are reassured - and she can be reminded.

i used a powder to help disguise the thinner parts of hair (although they were not really very big - had no sideburns) . I bought it from Amazon for about £6 and it was really good, lots of colours available. Then passed it on to someone at chemo.  Good luck .Marli  x

Hi FIONA I've tried to reply to your post but something went wrong. I've posted reply but doesn't seem to be linked to your post. I'm having same chemo as you and 2nd FEC on Thursday. My hair started falling out yesterday- it seemed a lot. How long did you wear cold cap after your chemo finished?

Hi thanks for posting this. I'm havng same regime as you and on 2nd FEC on Thursday. My hair started to come out yesterday in what seemed like 'handfuls' and I'm worried the cold cap hasn't worked. I have one very small bald patch on the top of my head. I don't have a lot of confidence in the process- I was first told I'd need the cap on for 2 hours after chemo, then another nurse said 1.5 hours and eventually they left it in for only an hour after (as well as prior and during chemo).

i will continue to use cold cap unless I wake up tomorrow and it's all fell out!

best wishes

sue

I understand, I had my first and 13 days after starting losing about 50%-60%.  My hair was very think and I felt that because of that it didn't get cold enough, now it's thin.  I've had my 2nd chemo and just waiting to see if I lose any more.  Like you I understand my first treatment didn't seem cold and the chin strap was terrrible.  My second treatment was freezing could be that my hair was thinner and hope that it will work, now I'm just waiting until next week to see if more falls out...

Hi. I used the paxman cold cap during chemo in 2014.  It worked for me and I washed and blowdryed my hair every day.  My attitude was that if I had hair it had to be functional and look nice else I might as well wear a wig.  I used simple shampoo and conditioner.  I did thin on top and if you click on my picture you will see my hair progress.  I usedBastille dry shampoo for brown hair to cover the thinning patch on top.  Towards the end of treatment if your hair is thinning get them to use a smaller cap so that you keep contact on the top of your hair. X

Community Champion

Hi guys..l. Think it's best to use what you feel happy with. I always conditioned with simple conditioner, was easier to comb after washing. Tried to keep it to once a week. I was advised not to use baby shampoo!! My McMillan nurses words were 'if it can get rid of cradle cap it's not good for your scalp and folic,es' do I avoided, 

my hair is growing fine now, I lost about 60%. But had very thick hair to start with. Xx good luck 

A friend sent me a whole lot of instructions about how to keep your hair during chemo which Included not to use use any products other than mild baby shampoo, so that's why I stopped using conditioner.  TBH I don't suppose it makes much difference though.  I think it's the cold which makes the difference.  I also used a tangle teaser brush, which I think pulls your hair a bit less, and I held my hair at the roots while brushing, to avoid pulling it.  On some of the worst days (days 13-18 after the FEC), I didn't brush it at all, just put on my hat!  X

That makes me feel better knowing you washed your hait every 3 days! I don't feel so bad now. Is there a reason why no conditioner ? I'm literally dreading my next cap...yes I agree I didn't actually feel cold as such and didn't realise i was until the last hour when my legs at first started uncontrollably jerking....I asked why n the nurses said its the shivers. ...I then progressed to my whole body. .. no amount of blankets and hot drinks (which were hard to drink anyway due to that bloody chin strap) stopped it until the cap was off and20 minutes after that. And then the ice burn on my forehead...lol... what a state I was! I've bought 3 different headbands and a piece of moleskin for next time...fingers crossed xx

I had my first chemo last Friday and tried the cold cap. I was told to take paracetamol before using it so bad 2 before I left for the hospital. Anyway I didn't think the cold cap seemed that cold. The nurse and my husband kept assuring me it was...I also didn't have ice on my hair afterwards which people have said they have had. My hair did feel cold though. I'm just worried it hasn't worked. I have thick hair. I guess I'll find out in 2 weeks by feel a bit deflated about it and preparing for full hair loss. Did anyone else experience this? The worst bit for me was the chin strap. It really dug in and was so uncomfortable but as for the cold I didn't really feel very cold.....

Hello, I thought of adding my experience of cold capping.  I have just finished my 3xFEC and 3xT a week ago and have lost about 40% of my hair using the Paxman cold cap.  It honestly looks fine, as it was quite thick before, so if I put some mousse in it and blow dry it you now can't tell at all that I've just had chemo, I have friends with less hair than me who don't have Cancer.  The hair did seem to come out in alarming handfuls during the 3 FEC cycles, so I thought it wasn't going to work but then the loss slowed down a lot during the T and is now not coming out at all any more and is also growing back well.  For me the cold cap has been very worth doing.  I have a wig but only had it on it once or twice.

Before I started chemo my oncologist said that he did not recommend the cold cap because I would lose my hair in any case but when I saw him again recently he apologised and said that he would stop saying that to new patients as he has revised his view following the evidence of my experience.  The nurses at my unit were very kind and supportive.  One of them was an ex-hairdresser and she took charge of the cold capping, making sure the conditioner was covering all over, and the fit was good.  I left the conditioner in for 24 hours after each treatment (wore a hat) and then only washed hair with baby shampoo, no conditioner, no blow drying, every 3 days through treatment.  Hope this helps anyone considering the cold cap.  I would definitely recommend it as although it's uncomfortable and means the chemo process takes longer it means that I will be able to feel back to normal more quickly and not be so self conscious when I'm out and about.  Fiona. X

I fear i have sinned.....ive gone and washed my hair! I couldn't stand it, it was itching like mad but apparently i now know its the hair follicles  changing,cos its still bloody itching! Its only day 9 and I'vewashed it twice. ... must stop xx

Spoiler

Thanks, , suppose it won't harm it x
Community Champion

Hi Tina.... I used simple sgampoo and conditioner throughout but did also use a few strays of the Aussie leave in conditioner when first bombing after washing..... As by time I talked it gently the comb needed something else to help it through gently. It hasn't done me any harm! I list about 60% and now  6 weeks post last session my fair feelsxsoft and is def growing again! 👍🏼☺️

Hi. Regarding hair care is it recommended to use a leave in conditioner or should I stick to my simple combo? Just want to give it the best shot as I can while cold capping.x

Hi Lynn
Welcome
I was diagnosed February 12th 2016 and my right breast nipple areola complex removed skin sparing March 10th with immediate reconstruction with an implant to spare my breast skin to which in a year from now will be having a Diep flap performed. My diagnosis was Grade lll aggressive invasive fast growing cancer hormone produced... The minuscule cells was all over my breast tissue removed within the veins and so is travelling through my blood stream. 3cells were present in the nearest sentinel lymph node but the other two nodes taken were clear but was told the cells are most probably invading the rest of my body hence the chemo..Radio ..and hormone therapy..

I started my first round of chemo May 6th 2016 I was very scared but the nurses were brilliant. I had my pick put in the top of my arm and tube was inserted through the pick into my vein and fed through to my heart area for the drugs to be administered it was very painless ..I was then weighed blood pressured and temperature take ad then asked to go wet my hair and put loads of conditioner on my hair for the cold cap to be put on as this makes better contact for the gel that is used to freeze your scalp .. The cap was donned and then The hat on top really tight and snug like a straight jacket came to mind as was very very tight ..the machine was switched on and for the first 20mins I'm not going to lie was absolute evil and very painful indeed but I persevered and did the whole 3 hours it did become bearable in the end but did cry constantly in the beginning.. I felt OK the day after and then bang for three days was fit for mouthing listless.. Tired ,, banging headache.. Earache,, feeling sick and feeling sorry for myself after that I've picked up and two weeks later still have my hair but time will tell .. Next Friday I have my second dose and will let you know how it goes hope this helps ,, lots of love A.. Xxx

Tina - try to read the information on cancerhaircar as it will give you lots of information and advice. get the booklet from The Lister Hospital about scalp cooling and it tells you everything you need to know.

Yes , I finished mine a year ago and after 6 weeks my hair started to get back to normal. It did continue to shed for those 6 weeks but don't panic. I lost the most hair during the first 2 cycles and then started to slow down although it did continue to shed. I wore a scarf or band when cooking.

I bought a satin pillowcase to sleep on as it does not pull the hair. As for washing it only washed it once a week , very gently and patted dry and only used the hairdryer on low setting for 2 mins. Use a wide tooth comb to tidy it up.

You do need to use a band to stop the cold - it worked for me. Tolerated it quite well. It was worth it for me.  Maril x

Oh ok, reason i want a headband is to just cover my forehead. ....the pain just didn't stop from temple to temple throughout. Then when it was taken off my forehead was bright red...like ice burn, they'd not seen it happen before , lucky me! I did rinse conditioner off once i got home, im just nervous to even touch it! X
Community Champion

Hi guys..... Just popping in to tell you I didn't use headband my cap was fine without. It worked for me. It was uncomfortable for first 15 minutes but I coped with it. Lost about 60%.  Also my onc nurses had been on refresher course fir Paxman and said its ok to wash hair soon as home after cycle if you're up to it..... I did which made me feel better! Get rid of conditioner and cap smell! Xx Tina 

Hi marli,

Yes ive bought 2 further headbands to try, no way im wearing it without next time. I wonder if a silver  blanket would help. Have you finished yours? How long did you leave before washing it afterwards?  Ive only rinsed the  conditioner off and not washed yet,just wearing  caps and headbands. X

Hi Tina  - well done on trying it and sticking it out.

I used a towelling band that they use when having a facial (think it came with a Sanctuary set) and it was not too thick. Put it over my ears and around my hairline. You could use a stretching hairband if it is double thickness.

I took 2 paracetamol about an hour before the cap was put on and used gauze under the chin strap. Made sure I had a scarf under the pipe at the back because that was so cold .

Wore plenty of layers and even had a blanket , as well as plenty of hot drinks. I had to wear the cap for about 2 hours 45 mins. After the first 15 mins it did not feel so bad.

It is worth it for your psychological and emotional well being if at all possible.I found I was much happier this time because I had hair.

Good luck next time.  Marli xx

tips please,  had 1st cap yesterday, not good, cried!, intense pain across my forehead the whole time. The headband i took was too thick so nurse tried to wedge gauze underneath. When it was taken off lots of nurses came to look because I had a bright red forehead! They'd never seen it before. So....a normal headband. ....will this prevent that next time?  Tina x

I second that Marli! Definitely coming back quickly xx

Can - UK . First of all may I ask why the nurses won't do the cold cap? Seems a terrible thing to say - presume it is because they say they don;t have time.

Good on your daughter for taking on the responsibility. Can I suggest that you both take a look at cancerhaircare.co.uk for information about scalp cooling and obtain the leaflet by The Lister Hospital Also check out the Paxman site which should help how things work.

It is worth perseveringly as I had lost my hair 6 years ago and really wanted to keep it this time. Yes you do lose some but it is really not as much as you think and after treatment it grows back quickly.

Good luck. Marli xx

Can-uk you can do it! If you are determined you can do it. Think positive. I will second what Tina has already said. I finished mine the same day as Tina and we were on the same ragime. Also lost about the same amount of hair.

Also will add I kept my hair long (past bra strap) and plaited it each day and night. I found it helped to slow the hair falling out. It was less knotty and so less tangled when brushing, and so less stress on hair and less came out.

Good luck xxx
Community Champion

Keep going, it's worth it. I cold capped 14 times as had FEC followed by weekly taxol. It was tough going but I only lostsybe 50% all over, no patches. I only lost it after first FEC then it started growing. Just make sure it fits really snugly, and you must wet it and put in conditioner as the wet conducts the cold and conditioner prevents hair from sticking to the cap. My hair got thin on top but I found if I tied it back in a ponytail the comb over disguised the thinness. The nurse put a light layer of gauze over the top to prevent ice burn. Good luck x
Community Champion

Wishing lots of love and strength..... You can do this! Even if at times you feel you can't 😏

Just ensure you you have a close tight fit. It will feel colder every round you go as your hair will thin. Xx Tina 

PS...... No bald patches for nevertheless 👍🏼☺️

Thanks for the info.  I had to fight with my doctor to do the cold caps and now if I have to face her and go bald will kill me.  My daughter was my care giver and helped with the caps as the nurses wouldn't do it and she's upset because she thinks she did something wrong.  I knew I would lose some hair but every morning I'm getting a small animal and I was going to keep it but after lots of crying decided not to.  This is my 3rd day and I was hoping that it would stop like the other symptoms.  I'll keep going with the cold caps only 7 more rounds to go!!!

Community Champion

Hi. I have  just finished chemo and cold capped all the way through. My hair started shedding around chemo two but it did slow down but not stop altogether. It's now very thin but still there! Even though my hair does not resemble the long blonde style I had before I don't regret cold capping. I am not starting from nothing and even though I only finished chemo a week ago I have definite regrowth already.

hope this helps

claire xxx

Community Champion

Hi Can-Uk....... Try not to panic..... Though I did in when in exactly the same position! What regime of chemo drugs are you having? I tad FEC x 3 and T x 3. Finished my chemo 1st April, so I'm 6 wks finished this week. 

My hair is growing and it feels much softer now though I've not changed my washing and drying routine. Have lots of grey which I hate, but hey ho, I'll get it coloured in a few months!

I lost loads after cycle 1 and same cycle 2 whereby I sobbed loads...... If it's any help Hun, I lost hair after every cycle though it slowed after cycle 3...... But it didn't stop. I lost about 60% of my hair and it got very thin, dry and brittle but it held on in there!

Be gentle with it, I use simple shampoo and conditioner, comb with wide tooth comb once day, if you use hairdryer, use on low coolest setting, NO styling products or straighteners though I did use some hairspray.

I had days where I despaired how I looked! Took regular photos of how it changed, but I was lucky as the weather still allowed me to wear a hat,nth ought you can wear sun hat or cap if it's nice? 

I, (don't ask me why) kept my lost hair in bag, every time I put some in I took comfort from saying to myself, 'you've lost that but look at what you still have!' 

Happy to to chat or hop in any other way, message privately if you want xxxx I'm glad I persevered, it worked for me xxx 

Can you help me I've had my first chemo and used cold caps but on day 13 my hair started coming out. Can anyone tell me if it stops?  All my other problems stopped after a few days does the hair loss stop because at the rate it's coming out it'll all be gone when I finish all my chemo treatments.  I have my 2nd chemo on Tuesday.  If someone can give me an idea if and when it'll stop.  Thanks

Can you help me I've had my first chemo and used cold caps but on day 13 my hair started coming out. Can anyone tell me if it stops?  All my other problems stopped after a few days does the hair loss stop because at the rate it's coming out it'll all be gone when I finish all my chemo treatments.  I have my 2nd chemo on Tuesday.  If someone can give me an idea if and when it'll stop.  Thanks

Been on 3 Fec then 3 docetaxel, last of which was 2 days ago. Cold capped for first 4 treatments (did the usual taking painkillers, keeping it pressed down tightly but didn't bother with wetting and covering it in conditioner). Lost a lot day 14/15 especially after washing. At dose 5, nurses wouldn't allow me to continue using it as there were too many bald patches underneath and they were concerned the cold would completely kill off the follicles and it wouldn't grow back there. You couldn't see the bald bits as I pulled the hair I have left into a hair grip to cover it up and have a fringe left with no bald bits on top. Since dose 5 it has still been coming out but nothing drastic. Have to admit I haven't washed it for almost a month and just used dry shampoo. Nurses were amazed when they saw it at dose 6. I'm hoping it will last now until my next wash but will try to leave it unwashed as long as possible at least until it is stable again which according to some of the ladies on here can be anything from 6 to 14 weeks post chemo. Also the nurses checked the bald bits again and reckon it's growing in again. Seems to be true in my case that the t part is far less damaging than fec. 

Hello there

i have just finished cold cap after starting the worst form of chemo ever in December and I kept all my hair bar a small patch on top where the cap kept lifting slightly.  The whole aim is to make sure the cold cap fits tightly to your head. The correct size inner and outer cap is imperative to get the best outcome.

i had stage 3 HER 2 positive breast cancer so had 4 different lots of chemo. Carboplatin, doxataxel, pertuzamab and herceptin. If after this regime of chemo I kept my hair then it should work for most people.

i followed strict advice and did loads of research. Although I had long hair (under advice) I got it cut within 2 inches all over to my head. The cold cap needs to be as close to scalp and hair follicles as possible to be the most effective.  So I had it all cut off into a very short hair cut. It was upsetting to see all my lovely long hair go but in the long run sooooooo worth it. I kept all my hair bar one small patch on top but this was due to the cold cap not touching that spot as it kept bouncing up. It is important to mare sure that the cold cap is good tight fit and the outer cap tight to your head.  I took hot water bottle every time with a scarf and I also put a big wooly hat over the top of the whole thing which defo helped.  It will be awful for the first 10 / 15 mins but after that you will get use to it. I had a bed every time during my chemo and not a chair as it was more comfortable to lie down.  I hardly washed my hair during the treatment and always dried it naturally. Don't rub your hair when washing it and buy yourself silk pillow cases they are fab and don't pull at your hair when you are sleeping. I have finished chemo 3 weeks ago and my hair is quite long now all over. I am getting a semi perm dye in 3 weeks time as advice is 6/7 weeks after last session. Good look  xxxxxxxxxxx

I have kept a lot of my hair, about 30-40 % and it seems to be coming back fast too. I cold capped and yes it is very cold. Made my fiancé wear one for 5 minutes at the last session and he was so glad to get it off. I would keep in mind you most probably won't keep all of your hair. It is possible to keep a fair bit though so as people don't notice. It does feel colder the thinner your hair gets, nobody warned me about that. I felt like giving up so many times on the last 2 sessions but having someone there with me helped get me through. It is a very personal decision. It all depends how you feel about kepping or loosing your hair. Most who go for the bald look shave it or cut it shorter before so as not so much hair to come out. For me it was so definitely worth it! This is your decision though Lynn remember that and do what feels right for you. My mum 10 years ago did one but she suffered with Migraines and it brought them on for her and so she had to stop. My mum rocked the bald look and headscarves but it wasn't for me. I do wear a headscarf at the moment but that is more to keep my head warm as it's cold out and my hair is thin, and when sunny (yes I have seen it!) to help keep the sun off my scalp.
Good luck making your decision. If you have any questions let us ladies know! Xx

I was diagnosed today & getting 6 chemo sessions over 18 weeks & she mentioned cold cap is it worth it ? I'm overwhelmed, numb, terrified ... Any tips/advice
Community Champion

I remember mine shed at 17 days after first chemo only. The first time nurse cooled the cold cap before putting it on, subsequently they put it on at room temperature and cooled it in my head - it gave a much better fit, I don't know if that contributed to the success.

Well 17 days after first tc treatment and shedding lots of hair. Different chemo this time from the first back in '91. Head was really sore but not as bad the last few days. Thought they were improving the treatments not making them harsher. Oh well, life goes on.....
Community Champion

Oh catpope, sorry you're going through it again. I don't know how much things have progressed in 24 years, but hopefully you'll get an even better result this time/ x

I used a cold cap back in 1991 when I had breast cancer, kept most of my hair, but do have very thick hair. Now, 24 years later I am doing chemo again for cancer in the remaing breast after mastectomy. I hope the cold cap works as well this time as it did before. Some people may call it vanity, but I say why not give it a try. Good luck to all!

Hi Dezdi -Well done for finishing chemo.

I finished chemo last April and cold capped (6 x Tax, plus herceptin and Perjeta) . My hair thinned quite a lot and had one thin patch and lost around my hairline and sideburns.

I was worried because for about 4 weeks following the end of chemo I continued to shed a little but after six weeks it was starting to thicken up. I took Tesco Hair, Skin and Nails supplements and used some hair thickening lotion that my daughter bought me. Also tried to eat plenty of protein.

To be honest I have very thick hair and think I could have done without the lotion but it was a thoughtful present so I used it. Since then I have had my hair cut every 5-6 weeks and it is back to normal and if anything is even thicker.

Your hair should start getting back to normal quicker than you imagine at the moment. Good luck.  Marli x

Hi All,

I had 3 FEC and 2 T my last T will be tomorrow. I lost around 50% of my hair or maybe little bit more I lost a lot the top of my hair not really bald patch but can see my skin a lot. After FEC it started to grow my hair a little bit, but still falling out every day. When it will stop falling out the hair. I am having chemo every 3 weeks and end of the 3. week still a lot, so after my last chemo when it will stop to fall out my hair? and grow normaly? 

Does anybody taking vitamins for the hair?

many thanks