Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bladder Problems

1 REPLY
Community Manager

Re: Bladder Problems

Hi Pinklilly

I have moved your post to where you are more likely get replies for this problem you are having.

Hope you are feeling better

Best wishes
Anna
Digital Community Officer

Bladder Problems

Last week I was rushed into hospital with a urin infection, it was pretty bad and I was producing a lot of blood, it happened so quickly, that it shocked me, first time I've been shocked about anything to do with the cancer and the pain was evil.

I was given 7 days of antibiotics, I take the last one today, but I still feel the need to keep going, my bladder feels full, but I hardly pass anything when I go. I'm drinking glass after glass of water, making sure I don't eat anything spicy and doing everything that's possible to put this right. 

I've now read that a lot of women have this problem after having chemo and just wonder if anyone can help me. I'm nearly 63, post menopausal and have had 3 out of 20 rads so far. I'm also feeling pretty depressed and apart from talking to my doctor again, who will say I don't have an infection now, I feel at my wits end what to do.

Having got through the chemo I was feeling really well till this happened, I'm not on any other drugs, so thought the radiotherapy would be plain sailing. I was using Replens till last week, but now wonder if that could have contributed to the infection.

Any help or advice please.