322424posts
cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Zolindrome infusion

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Zolindrome infusion

So had my Zol infusion after the chemo on friday.

yesterday didnt go badly although think my hair is starting to shed a little.

today i have achey back, hips and slight headache so took temp , all ok npopped some pills.

hoping you are able to enjoy your weekend.

tc xxπŸ’–πŸ’–

Thx for reply x

hoping i get on ok with my infusion tomorrow afternoon after the chemo.

i have my nephew visiting us for a few days nxt week,  not seen him for 6 years so i need to be well🀞🀞   Xx 

I'm on 6 x EC with Zometa on my 1st, 3rd and 5th cycle then they are going to change it to the tabs for 3 years. I have heard the tabs are difficult so will have to see how they go.

No problems with the infusion apart from tiredness so hopefully you will be able to tollerate it a lot better than the tabs, it seems to have way less side effects than the tabs.

The infusion takes about 15 mins and you have it after your chemo, you should be fine with it😊

Joemic x

Highlighted

Hi Joemic.

yes i believe its the same thing just different name.

i started on the tablets first but they gave me real bad chest pain so now i will have the infusion every 6 months for 2 years.

wait n see what se i get....  

what is your treatment plan ??

xx πŸ’–πŸ’–

Hi minimad

Do you mean Zolendronic acid?, it's a Bisphosphate used to prevent recurrence in your bones.

If this is it then some people feel a bit achy, headache, fever - a bit like the flu. I don't experience them but I do feel tired for a few days. I have it every other chemo cycle at the minute. I think the infusion is fairly well tollerated. After chemo I go on a tablet form for 3 yrs but these aren't as well tolerated so will have to see. If tabs don't suit then you go back on infusions.

There is a rare side effect where part of your jaw sort of dies, it is difficult to treat. You need to see your dentist first, if you need any treatment you need to do it before you start or it has to be stopped 6 weeks prior to any invasive dental treatment.

Look up Zometa - it's the same thing just easier to spell😁

Joemic x 

Zolindrome infusion

Hi ladies,

this friday after my Paclitaxel treatment i am having a Zolindrone infusion.  

Apparently its to help with the calcium in the bones ....  i think.... 😳😳

has anybody had this and how did you feel in the days afterwards ??

hoping i get a reply...  

thxs xxπŸ’–πŸ’–