cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

September 2018 Chemo Starters.

Re: September 2018 Chemo Starters.

Ooh I'm jealous of the Christmas market in Manchester Jacqs. Hope the bloods and oncologist goes well hunny.
I'll wave back from my bed Lisa 😉

Ahh not far at all ALittlePixie ... will give you a wave on my way past 👋😊

Thanks Jacqs. Good luck with your bloods tomorrow. Love a Christmas Market .. especially the mulled cider 😋 .... hope you have a fab day xx

Happy Birthday Lisa.  Enjoy your trip to Newby Bridge.  Sounds like the perfect way to escape for a few days.

Can’t agree more about the boredom.  I’ve already bought most of my presents for Christmas and today started to write out Christmas cards.  Don’t know what I’m going to do once we do get into December 🙃.

At least tomorrow is a busy day.  Bloods 1st thing in the morning followed by an appointment with my oncologist.  Then in the afternoon, I have my therapy session for genetic testing and as i’ll be in Manchester for the afternoon, we’re going to have a little wander around the Christmas markets before heading home.  

Hope everyone has a good week xx

You'll have a fab time in Newly Bridge. It's beautiful and you'll only be down the road from me. I'm up on the West Coast of Cumbria!
I have the same problem hiding pressies. We're only in a small cottage and there's not much storage....at the moment pressies are all piled in bags in the corner of my bedroom. I made a list of what I've bought and wrapped cos my chemo brain is terrible!!!! 😂😂😂

Thanks everyone 🥂 Going to Newby Bridge with hubby and our 3 girls ... it’s just what I need at the moment.

So far I’m doing ok with my first T. First few days I felt surprisingly fine but for last few days I have been aching everywhere and have a sore throat. Not enough to keep me in bed tho and I’m still eating plenty 😂

I actually feel quite organised this Christmas for the first time ever! Just need to remember where I am hiding everything and what I’ve bought 🤪 My chemo brain is definitely getting worse!

Hope you all have a lovely night ❤️ Xx

Lisa T 

💐 🎈Happy Birthday 🎂 💐 

It would be lovely if you get the chance to get away to such a beautiful part of the world for a couple of days! 

Fresh air, log fires, gorgeous views, maybe a pub lunch or two? What a treat! Enjoy your day! 

I'm the same about Christmas Aley. My daughter is 10 and we all love the Christmas vibe. I actually wrapped lots of pressies on Saturday....I'm usually a Christmas Eve wrapper 😂
PulaPula,that's brill news about your SEs for the FEC. Hope it lasts for you.
I'm hoping I can get my mojo back and start making jewellery again. I love wire wrapping, but I've just been where I can't really concentrate on anything. Chemo brain is ridiculous at the mo! 😂

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LISA!!!!!!
Im so pleased your mammogram was good news and nothing to worry about last week. Yay!
Whereabouts in the Lakes are you hoping to get away to?
Hope everyone else is good. Boredom is crappy isn't it. I had my first T today and the nurse told me to pack a hospital bag just in case. It's made me think I shouldn't be attempting to go out in case I catch anything. More boredom! Saying that tho, my chest is killing me (steroids I think) and I'm absolutely fatigued as hell so currently in bed!
The T itself was OK tho. I'm just waiting for the onslaught of SEs. How is everyone else coping with the T so far?
Sorry to hear about the funeral Jacqs 😘
Glad the meeting with ur surgeon went well MamaTony. Keeping pushing for what you want. I know it's such a lot to think about tho.
Hi to everyone else and hope you're all keeping well. Lots of love xxxxxx

Happy Birthday Lisa-T!
Hello ladies!
Man Alive the boredom!!! Now that I’m sort of over the trauma of the initial diagnosis, yes I totally agree bored beyond belief!! I sort of ‘write off’ the first few days but them make myself do things I like even if it’s as silly as going for a cup of tea and a walk around the nearest Waitrose!! Sounds daft! But I’m actually enjoying doing little things that make me happy!! With Christmas around the corner I’m focusing on planning to make it exciting and memorable for my little boy..he’s 4 so this is really the first year he gets it and is actually excited about it..have a great week all 💋

Hi all, I have been lurking but not posted for a while as I feel a bit of a fraud as my third FEC has been so painless (after the initial SEs). I have energy, and eyebrows still and everyone keeps telling me how well I look. I’m just hoping the final FEC on thurs is the same, as my second FEC was miserable.

I have my “look good feel better” session tomorrow which I’m really looking forward to.

I’m also planning to start Pilates again in December and maybe some sessions on the exercise bike at home. I’ve also put weight on so my jeans are getting too tight!

I also feel like life is put on hold at the moment as it’s hard to plan. Friends are booking ski holidays etc. Once I know my treatment timeline I hope to have a weekend away with hubby and plan a summer hol with kids. But I expect surgery in jan, then recovery, then more chemo or radio so it could still be a way off.

Anyway, hope you are managing your SEs and I am interested to know how people find “T” as I might need that after my surgery (or possibly before).

Hi Galligirl / GabyF,

It is SOOO boring, I agree with you both. I hate that everything is just on hold at the moment and I can’t plan much at all!

So impressed you are both looking at doing courses / gym classes etc .. I need to find a hobby! OU course sounds like a fantastic plan ... I can’t seem to think past the end of the day/week at the moment. Keep meaning to have a long over due sort out but I never quite seem to make a start 🙄

I’d love to go back to the old me without all this worry all the time! It’s my birthday today too - another reminder of how much has changed in the last 5 months. Hoping to get away to the Lake District for a few days on Friday tho 🤞

GabyF - Maggies is definitely worth a trip. I did the Look Good Feel Better session - had a lovely day out and got lots of goodies too. A bit of pampering always helps.

Hope all went ok today with your first T ALittlePixie 💪🏻🥊

Big hugs ❤️ Lisa xx

Afternoon GabyF 

A relief to know you are not alone...it helps I think.

i would call myself a sort of ‘get on and do it’ sort of person...like a little project on the go whether around the house, holiday shopping, horses and animals...Now I have these empty days and I don’t seem to have the motivation or energy to do anything constructive. I am not really a big social person, I don’t have hoards visiting or popping in ...that’s not really me but I do look forward to my son coming home in the afternoon! 

I thought about learning something new and, like you felt I couldn’t commit. Maybe the OU would be good, they do short courses don’t they? 

I cant make decisions either...it’s like that little bit of sparkle has gone for the time being....I can’t concentrate, I can’t make decisions and I am frustrated by this person that isn’t really me...I did look at a photo the other day...taken weeks before my diagnosis....tarted up going out to a party (rare night out!) I don’t recognise that person anymore...

music sounds a good idea! Get that 🎹 practice in....is there a certain piece of music you could set yourself as a little challenge? 

The gym is just a good way of getting me out of the house...I just do low key cycling, cross training, walking...a few weights to try and ease the tightness across my chest after mx. Classes are a step too far for me...hehehehe....I would have to book those 🤣.

A new pet is an excellent idea...we got a puppy at the end of last year ( our old lab had been pts a couple of years before) my son drove me mad begging and I gave in and bought a Vizsla - she has been amazing company for me over the last 6 months, always got a smile on her face and a warm welcome home. I also lost my horse just after my diagnosis....very sudden...so having the dog has given me a reason to get up and out on these dark mornings...

Here’s to the little positive things that just about keep us sane in this ever changing new world we are in. GGx

Morning Galligirl,

SOOO glad to hear I'm not the only one who is bored!! Smiley Very Happy Fairly recently some journalist who's got cancer (can't remember his name) also moaned that having cancer is really boring, and he is defintively right! It's probably partly because we didn't exactly choose this career break and it's not of course particularly cheerful. Also, even when I do plan something, like you, I lose focus. I have a few things that I thought I would get stuck in to, like digging around in my family history (I trained as a historian years ago, so it's kind of interesting to go back to this type of research); and maybe exploring some new skills, like writing or jewellery making, but now that the SEs have become so unpredictable, I haven't wanted to sign up for any courses etc, in case I can't make it on that pearticular day. My husband suggested doing an Open University course and I dismissed that instantly, but actually, thinking about it now, maybe it's worth looking in to? I don't know - I just can't seem to make decisions! Smiley LOL I used to play the piano a lot when I was young, so this morning, after many years of not really touching our piano, I had a 20 minute practice, which oddly enough cheered me up a bit - I wasn't as awful as I thought I would be! I think I'll try to be organised an build a bit of piano practice in to my day (let's see how long I stick with this!). I am also thinking of visiting a Maggies Centre, as I have heard so many positive things about this. Sadly, mine nearest one still involves an hour's worth of travelling, but hopefully it wil be worth it.

I'm impressed you've joined a gym - have you managed to go to regular classes? My Pilates teacher comes to our home, as my husband joins in with me and his work hours are so irregular, that we decided this would be the best option. Can't wriggle out of the class that way either, as I have no excuse about not feeling up to walking/travelling to a gym etc.

Our darling cat died last summer (the day before I got my cancer diagnosis, so that was a lovely week!) and we have just decided to get a kitten in January. My kids are so excited (my 17-year old daughter burst in to tears when I suggested this!) and I am looking forward to having a bit of company. So there is something positive to look forward to. Cat Very Happy

Gx

GabyF - that sums up how I feel...I’m bored too...and not sure what to do about it. I struggle to even read a book, I seem to lack focus. It’s good to know I’m not going mad by myself 😁. 

I have joined a gym to give me something to ‘go’ to...and hopefully help me keep going through the winter...

Enjoy your Pilates 💪 it is soooo good for you and I hope you breathing improves too. GG 

Hi Galligirl/everyone,

This whole thing is a bit of a rollercoaster of emotions and energy levels, and I am constantly having to remind myself of the endgoal to help me deal with it all. This week I thought I'd have more energy, as it's been drug-free. However, Friday and Saturday I had a bad stomach ache, not sure why, and today the breathlessness has come back with a vengeance.Smiley SadOn the up-side, my taste is fully restored and I have been enjoying my food, which has been such a nice change. My mood has also been up and down, more down than up today. I guess essentially I'm bored - I've got things I can do, but I feel like I'm just filling time. I've had so many years of balancing fulltime employment and kids (and moaning about it! Smiley Wink) and I'm just not used to having to having all this spare time. It's difficult to plan specific activities, as I am never quite sure whether I'm going to be up to it on the day, but I think I need to do more of that nevertheless - I guess I can always change my plans, if I'm feeling a bit rubbish.

Another thing that has been troubling me is that I seem to be gaining weight. After my initial diagnosis I lost almost 4 kilos within a week and athough that was obviously due to the shock, I was actually quite pleased with the slimmer me. Then I gradually regained that weight, which was fine, but now my weight seems to be steadily creeping beyond my average.Smiley FrustratedI don't know if that's drug-induced, or if I'm just eating too much! Smiley LOLAt least I've got a Pilates class coming up tomorrow evening, so I can try to work off some of the excess!

Hope everyone had a good weekend.

Gx

What a difference a day makes...I feel soooo much better today! Have to keep reminding myself on the really low days that ‘this too shall pass’ and it does...a new day and seemingly a load more energy too! Hopefully will continue and I can start to feel more positive....and active and generally more me...! Happy Days 😎GGxx

Thanks GalliGirl ❤️ Hope your pesky naughtyphils pick up today and you manage to get out later 🤗

My nurse was all doom and gloom about the Ts too which was a bit worrying but so far I’m doing ok🤞🤞

Big hugs ❤️ Lisa xx

Thanks MamaTony ❤️ I’m really hoping I cope as well as you with the Ts 🤞 I have got the injections but I had them for FEC too so I’m getting used to injecting myself (sort of) ... hubby was a bit too keen to do it for my liking!

Good luck with pushing for your double mastectomy ... I was all set to push for the same yesterday as can’t cope with all the stress! Free tummy tuck sounds very tempting too 🤔 I know some ladies have started their reconstruction already but there was too much info to take in for me! I have opted to leave it for now as I wanted to wait until this rollercoaster has calmed down a bit and then I will think about reconstruction. Also I’ve never had much up top so the mastectomy has not been a huge shock 🤪

Thanks everyone for all your support this week ❤️💪🏻 Big hugs Lisa xx

Lisa-T : Fab news! The thought of going back to waiting for results scares me 😟 so pleased the news was good.

Mama Tony ; Nice to hear that T is treating you kindly at the moment. Everything I read just fills me with dread....

GabyF : Make the most of your extra recovery time....💃

Catgarland : Finger crossed for T success....delighted you too have not had any SE yet....long may it last! 

I have spent most most of the last day or two asleep! Decided my naughtyphils are at their low point...earlier in cycle than before but same ‘knocked out’ feeling. Hoping to bounce back today and get out....

GGx

Hi Everyone😊

Lisa-T: I am soo happy for you that your scare on your good boob is nothing to worry about, I just can’t imagine how you must have felt waiting to hear that great news.
Peewee. 😅 Glad the T is being kind to you so far, honestly I have had 2 now and far prefer the side effects with this one. Do you have to inject your tummy every day for the first. week to boost your immunity levels? I am having to do that.

GabyF: Every cloud has a silver lining missing chemo and enjoying life without SE’s...enjoy x

CatGarland: Hoping the T works for you too as FEC made no difference for me but T did after just one dose so 🤞🤞

I had my meeting with the surgeon, as expected not keen to do double mastectomy and remove a healthy boob. To go back after genetic blood test result in mid December to discuss further. Definitely going to push for it though.
Met with the plastic surgeon to discuss reconstruction options...a bit daunting. However one option involves getting a free tummy tuck thrown in 👙😀...sounds good but big op involved. A lot to think about!

Love to all and minimal side effects💕❤️

Thanks GabyF. All went well ... so relieved I nearly hugged the nurse 😂 She referred me for an ultrasound but no cause for concern ... thankfully! Bit vague about it really but they think breast tissue has hardened probably as a result of chemo.

Sorry to hear you didn’t have your chemo yesterday although it is quite nice having an extra week off 😊 I hope you’ve got some nice things planned ❤️

Hope you’ve had a good day today CatGarland and are still SE free 🥊 💪🏻 Noticed my arms feel itchy today but apart from that so far so good (can’t help but thinking this is the calm before the storm but hopefully not ha ha).

Big hugs ❤️ Lisa xx

Evenin everyone,

Lisa - I hope your mammogram was ok today. It must have been a very stressful morning for you. Thinking of you! HeartAs for waking up early, it's really annoying. I tend to be awake for a couple of hours at night on the steroids - I try not to stress about it and just make sure I get some extra sleep after lunch. You've got a very good excuse for an afternoon nap!

My chemo didn't happen yesterday as my neutrophils were too low. Someone somewhere on the Forum called them "Naughtyphils" which definitively applies to mine! I was a bit disappointed initially, but actually now I'm quite pleased, as it gives my body a short break from all the strong medication. In fact I feel so much better today, still tired, but no aches, cramps, funny tastes etc. which makes a very nice change. Hopefully by next week, my bloods will be back to where they should be and I'll be ready for another round of SEs!

Hope everyone has a reasonable night. Gaby x

Morning ladies.
Gaby that is fab news about the MRI, so pleased for you.

Lisa-T, I had my first T yesterday along with my H and then my first P the day before. so far no nasty SE to report. I just felt my lump and it feels like it has reduced in size slightly, it was 5-6cm (depending on who I asked) I’m not going to get my hopes up as the FEC didn’t reduce it at all but it did prevent it from getting larger which is fab.

Hope you all have a good day xx

Morning,

First T done yesterday and I’m awake ridiculously early for me (annoying steroids!) ... so thought I would give you all a quick update.

Doing ok so far (famous last words I know 🤪) and no sickness which is a bit of a relief. Nurse said to expect that SE will hit me when I come off the steroids ... so probably the weekend. She said to expect bone pain and flu like symptoms which may mean I need a couple of days in bed. Also have to make sure I drink lots of water to avoid mouth problems. We will see what delights the weekend brings 🥊💪🏻 4 done now - 2 to go.

Got my mammogram this morning for the other lump I found, which I’m more stressed about than having the first T! Feels like I’m going back to the start of it all again ... hopefully it’s nothing and I can get back to stressing about the Ts ha ha! Just when you think you are getting a tiny bit closer to the finish .. it throws something else at you. My nerves are shot!

Take care ... hope everyone is coping well with SE this week ❤️💪🏻 Lisa xx

Great news about your MRI today GabyF 💪🏻🥊 Good luck for tomorrow xx

Ahh so sorry for your loss Jacqs, sending lots of love ❤️ xx

Evening All

Mama Tony - I had my surgery before chemo.  I had a double mastectomy although my surgeon was not at all keen because as you say they don’t want to remove a healthy boob.  I had to have counselling to prove that I felt this was the right thing for me.  If it’s something you do feel strongly about, dig your heels in.  I argued with my surgeon for over an hour but in the end he did agree to do it.  Unfortunately I lost one of the bloody implants due to an infection & have to go back for more surgery after chemo now 😢

Today’s been a hugely emotional day as we’ve been to the funeral of a friend who died of a brain tumour. It was a beautiful service & lovely to see so many friends there, but now feeling drained.  

Love to everyone. X

Hi everyone,

My MRI shows a "partial reduction" in the tumour and a change in its' structure which at this reliatively early stage of treatment is good news. I'm so relieved that the treatment is working!! Smiley Very HappyJust have to keep at it now, through all the various lovely SEs, and get rid of the blasted thing altogether.

My oncologist also showed me a gragh for my hemoglobin, which shows that this has crashed from a healthy level to rock bottom over the past 2-3 weeks, which explains my problems with breathing. The last few days I've actually noticed a marked improvement in this and I'm hoping that my doulbe-dose of carboplatin and paclitaxel tomorrow won't bring a return of the breathlessness. Still, if it comes back, at least I know what's causing it.

Lisa: I hope you're feeling betterand your bloods come up ok. Waiting for those blood results is always a bit nerve-wracking.

MamaTony: hope the meeting with your surgeon went well.

Gx

Good luck with the MRI today GabyF and your surgeon MamaTony ❤️

Had my bloods taken yesterday ready for my first T tomorrow ... hopefully I’ll be well enough to have it now my cold is on its way out 🤞 Lisa xx

Evening MamaTony, thanks for that. It's reassuring to know the nausea won't be as bad. I've really struggled with that because I'm so sensitive to all the anti sickness drugs. That's fab news re the shrinkage. Good luck with your meeting tomorrow. I feel the same way RE my healthy breast. If my implant is destroyed through radiotherapy and they have to remove it, I'll be asking them to take my left healthy breast at the same time for the same reasons. Let us know how you get on. Good luck x

Hi All,

Alittlepixie: I’ve had 2 T treatments so far and isn’t as bad as I was expecting tbh. Tiredness, loss of tastebuds which is rubbish🙁 and I notice my eyelashes coming out after this second one but haven’t had that nauseous feeling that FEC gives you. But has worked for me and tumour has shrunk from 6cm to 4cm on T so I’m delighted it’s working😀.

Gabyf: Good luck with your MRI results🤞🤞

I’ve got a meeting tomorrow with the surgeon about my op. I’ve been told I need a mastectomy but would prefer a double mastectomy as would only worry the cancer would come back. I don’t think they are too keen on removing a healthy breast tho so will need to see how I go.

All the best to everyone with their treatments/results ❤️

Good luck with your results tomorrow Gaby.

I had a meeting with my oncologist today who went through what to expect with T on Monday next week. She advised painting my nails a dark colour. Hope she's right about not feeling too sick. She said the fatigue would be hard tho. Any other things I should look out for?!
Ooh I'd love to book a holiday, but I daren't yet. I'm gonna wait til the radiotherapy is done in Jan/Feb and see if my reconstructed boob survives it first. I'm hopefully gonna do weekend UK breaks if I can manage it.
Lots of love to everyone and hope you have a good week without nasty SEs xxx

Anniej: thanks for the tipa bout Boots insurance. I'll definitively look in to this nearer the time of our holiday.

Galligirl: looking at and eventually booking somewhere lovely for a holiday gave me something nice to do for a couple ofhours, definitively to be recommended. I'm very tempted to book a short weekend somewhere in the UK in Spring, but until I have my dates for surgery and radiotheraphy, I'd better not.

Seeing my oncologist tomorrow and should get the results from my mid-way MRI scan. Fingers crossed the tumour has reduced at least a bit. Had another choice comment from my darling son, who suggested that the tumour may just have "dropped off" - even he realised that this is a very unlikely scenario and collapsed into a heap of giggles! I really wouldn't mind if it had just decided to "drop off", but I'll happily take a reduction in size tomorrow.Smiley Wink

Have a good week, everyone.

Gx

Mornin’ all - here’s to a positive week and no nasty side effect surprises....

GabyF - I just love Italy....think I might start looking too....would like to think I could squeeze in an Easter break 😁☀️😎

Community Champion

Hi Gaby, I have secondaries in my lungs. Boots is really good for travel insurance and You can do it on line. My friend has just got USA coverage for £245 and she has a secondary in her eye. She had to phone them, though, as the terminology was awkward. Terminal v palliative came into it. EU coverage is no prob with them. Happy holidays. X

Hi Lisa,

I haven't actually contacted any insurance companies yet, but the Macmillan website has some useful basic information on this matter. It seems that we may face higher premiums (thanks!) or can opt for a cancer-related exclusion. I'll probaby opt for the latter, though quite frankly I don't see why once I've finished treatment, I should then be punished by the insurers through higher premiums etc. It's not exactly as though I/we have had any choice on this, but I guess that's how they operate.Smiley Frustrated I'm going to speak to my mother-in-law about this as well - she's had breast cancer three times (now in her 80s! I look at her and think, yep, it's absolutely possible and I will be fine.) and travels regularly, so someone must still be willing to insure her. I'll let you know if I find out anything useful.

Got a day out with husband tomorrow: Royal Academy exhibition followed by a nice lunch Smiley Very HappyI just wish the restaurant had a couch for a post-lunch snooze! Smiley Wink

Gx

Tuscany sounds amazing GabyF ... sunshine always helps 😎 Have you sorted out travel insurance yet ... just wondered how difficult it is to get cover for travelling after a diagnosis and treatment?

Good morning everyone,

I'm hoping to persuade my oncologist to postpone the start of my EC by a few days, so that I don't have to go in to hospital the week of Christmas. Usually we host my parents for Christmas Eve (my dad is Danish, so Continential style) and then we head of to my in-laws for Christmas Day. Haven't really thought what I'm going to do about Christmas Eve yet. It's hard to plan, when you don't know what you're going to feel like. Luckily my husband loves cooking (though he makes a mess!) and will probably do most if not all of it. I just hope I'll be able to taste all that lovely food. Smiley Frustrated

On a positive note, we've just booked ourselves a lovely holiday in Tuscany for next August. Smiley HappyWhen I started chemo I couldn't face thinking about any sort of "future", but now I am really looking forward to next summer, by which time I will definitively have finished everything and, as my lovely daughter said, will "need some sunshine" to recover properly. It's given all of us something fantastic to look forward to that is beyond chemo, surgery, radiotherapy and SEs!

Have a lovely Sunday.

Gx

Morning ladies,

I think we’re all feeling the same about Christmas, but let’s hope that as we get into the New Year, we’re all close to being finished with chemo & it’s nasty SE’s.  I’ve got 7 more weekly treatments to get through, the last one due just before NY, but my consultant said she might cancel the last one & let me finish at Christmas. It still seems like a long way off though - especially with the latest SE being daily undignified ‘bottom explosions’.  Hope you all have a relaxing Sunday.  Love & hugs Jacqs x

Morning ladies,
Been thinking bout Christmas too.. just not sure how I’ll be. Looks like I’ll have had 1 ‘T’ just before Christmas.. not sure how that’ll compare to FEC.. anyway have a good Sunday ladies 😘

I feel EXACTLY the same way Lisa and Galligirl. I love Christmas, but this year I'm not planning anything much. I just want to get through it and all my Ts done before the years end. My last one is due New Years Eve. I feel frustrated because I want to book a nice holiday for me, Stu and Eve but I don't know what's gonna happen after radiotherapy in January. My breast surgeon says my implant he put in in July might get damaged with the radiotherapy and have to be taken out. Everything feels very much in the air. Talking of crying, I balled my eyes out at Strictly last night. Stu thinks I'm nuts 😂 Oh and I forgot to give Eve money from the Tooth Fairy last night.....bad mum alert!!!
Love to everyone X

Morning,

I thought I would be pleased to reach the half way chemo point but I’m definitely more tearful ... maybe because i know I’ve now got to do it all over again.

I’m planning an extra special Christmas this year too GalliGirl 🎅🏻 I’ve bought a keepsake necklace each for my girls which sets me off every time ha ha (just hope they like them). It will be just a quiet one at home for us, rather than the usual chaotic house full at my mums with my sisters and families (pesky chemo gets in the way of everything!), but it’s just one year. Also have warned hubby that he might need to take over cooking Christmas dinner 🙀

So looking forward to be able to book a holiday next year after all this has finished ... still seems far away but it’s keeping me going at the moment 😎

Big hugs ❤️ Lisa xx

Mornin’ all!

i have had sticky eyes too...not too bad just a bit irritating. I have given up on trying to predict SEs yesterday all my muscles really hurt felt like I had done some serious exercise (which clearly I haven’t 🤣). Took paracetamol all day...last night felt fine again! 

Defo feel more tears at the moment - FEC done, but now thinking about T. I want Christmas and new year to be special as we’ve had such a horrible 6 months...there got me started again!

I meant Gaby, not Aley, but you know what I mean. Bad chemo brain tonight!!! 😂

Thanks Lisa. It's a week on Monday so at least I hopefully have a decent week ahead, fingers crossed!
Aley, you're def not alone with the weird SEs. I get paranoid about all different changes now and wonder if I'm going nuts. Nature of the beast I guess.
Lots of love X

You were all very quick to reply - thanks so very much! So relieved, yet again, it's not just me. I'm finding this eye business rather annoying, as I love reading and that's just a bit harder with watery, twitching eyes! I can't wait for all this chemo to be over and to be able to return to something like normal. I've got 7 treatments left, 4 of which are EC which I am starting in December - so a whole lot of new side effects to get to grips with. Mind you, every time I think I've got the hang of things, something new pops up. Never a dull moment!

Hope you all have a good night.

Gx

Hi ladies,

I also have been having a few eye issues ... thought it was just me! My eye lids seem to feel sticky if that makes any sense ... notice more after I’ve been sleeping. My right eye also seems to water a lot the few days before my next sessions is due ... didn’t know if it was a SE or me just stressing about the next one!

Hope everyone is coping ok with SE this weekend after treatment.

Good luck for your first T on Monday ALittlePixie 💪🏻 ❤️

Big hugs ❤️ Lisa xx

Aley.....it effects my right eye with blurriness too! I thought it was just my eyes...maybe it is SE of the meds?!

Evening everyone
I also have issues with my eyes, especially worse on my week before next chemo. They are dry, gritty, constantly burning etc. I got some eye drops from the chemist which help a little but not much. I've just accepted it's a SE of the FEC and hopefully won't last. I'm starting T next Monday and I'm dreading it. I think it's the unknown again after just getting my head around the FEC and it's effects.
This last round of FEC has been horrible with SEs lasting longer with the nausea and I'm crying at everything. My emotions are all over the place. Eve, my 10 year old just holds my hand and pats me when she sees me crying. She's so sweet.
I've tried to catch up on all the posts. I'm sorry to hear some of you are really struggling too.
Sending out lots of love to you all xxx

Hi GabyF I’m having problems with my eyes and have been given some eye drops. More blurry than gritty for me and more in the right eye-the bc side 😳this made me paranoid of brain mets for a while! Mentioned it to oncologist who suggested I see an optician. I had 3rd FEC on Friday and touch wood haven’t been too bad-have drunk loads of water this time and trying to be more positive and just get through it..hope you all have a good weekend x

Hope everyone is having a reasonable weekend.

Just wondering: is anyone having problems with their eyes? Mine are dry, I constantly feel as if I had something gritty in them, I keep getting annoying twitches in my eyelids, and all the lights in our house seem duller than usual. Very odd and rather irritating. Smiley Frustrated  I've lost a lot of my eye lashes which may account for some of these problems, but I've still got a reasonable amount left, especially on my eyelids.

Gx