cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

September 2018 Chemo Starters.

Re: September 2018 Chemo Starters.

Hi All,

Due to get my second FEC treatment tomorrow and losing hair big time🙁 I did do the cold capping although was just frozen caps and not the machine. I wonder if anyone else did the cold cap and if they are losing a lot of hair?

To be honest bring in the chemo as that’s what going to win this battle for me👍

Best wishes to everyone ❤️

Thank you for all your kind wishes I will take all your advice and pull through this thinking of you all x
Kip Community Champion
Community Champion

Pat73, I fully agree with KTK, you do see a pattern as you go through FEC and know what to expect and what you need to take. but you do get back to normality after a weekish and then can enjoy some normal time.   And totally agree with KTK, the hair thing is really difficult and emotional but once you have dealt with it, you feel in control and watching it go was so hard for me, I braved the shave when it became just too hard to sit with it falling out... sending big hugs... and oh by my first T cycle my hair was starting to sprout, now have some fluffy hair all over, like a very short skinhead!!

Take care

Kip

x

ktk

Pat it does get easier. You can predict with FEC that you will feel rough for up to a week and then have two good weeks😁. So batten down the hatches, taking all the meds on offer for the first few days then enjoy the next couple of weeks and have as much fun with your family as possible! If you feel up to it visit your hairdresser and brave the shave. It fells better than losing clumps if hair. Good luck brave and lovely lady. Kxx

Hi my hair is falling out big time I have my second treatment Friday I had a few tears this morning as I am beginning to feel frightened again because of the after affects I am trying not to think about it but it's really hard so grateful to reading other people's stories and knowing how you are all coping with it tips are really useful good luck everyone x

Yes I have her number ktk, -thanks I’ll try her later!
ktk

Aley, please ring your breast care nurse today. You need some personal reassurance. Do you have a number to ring? Ox

Thanks ALittlePixie. Will defo request more sickness meds. They did biopsy the breast lump and the lymph node when I was first diagnosed and confirmed there was cancer in both about a week later-it’s been about a month now chemo, have been worried sick that it’s spread to next set of lymph nodes in that time. I’ve become a little mis trusting as a locum Gp diagnosed fibroadenosis when I first presented with the lump with no further action required. It was almost a year later that I returned (I felt sharp stabbing pain during the night) to hear the worst diagnosis of my life 😢 so I’m pestering the medics a lot now.

Sorry to hear you're feeling so sick Aley. I was given about 3 or 4 different ones that I took over different days, so I'd def speak to your nurses and ask if you're still sick.
As to your lymph nodes, I know it's difficult but try not to worry. They've done my treatment all back to front because they didn't realise how much cancer was in my breast so I had surgery first. The scans had shown it in my lymph nodes too but after surgery and pathology results, it showed my lymph nodes were actually clear which is very confusing to me, but heyho. There's always changes and you never know, so please try not to stress too much.
Sending healing hugs x

Thanks for responding so quickly guys..it’s so nice to finally interact with ladies who are going through this rather than medical professionals-although they’ve been amazing! I’m having chemo first! No surgery yet so I remain puzzled about the lymph node-it’s bothering me a bit(well probably more than a bit tbh!!) as my neck node was up. I think my head is currently the only part that hasn’t been scanned!!
I was very sick this morning, all I’d had was a cup of tea so defo going to up the sickness meds. I’ve been given Metoclopramide as well as the Ondanstron-is that the max? Or is there more I can request? Thanks for all your advice lovely ladies xx

Hi Jacqs

Just read your post about the supplements you are taking - I was warned off these by my oncologist as apparently they can interact with the chemo. Are you taking these with the knowledge of your care team? If not it might be worth asking if you are ok to continue. I was told only to take vitamin D and calcium.

Sue xx
ktk

Sorry Aley, I don’t think you have had surgery yet. The scans can tell a lot, and your lymph nodes are linked so they will be able to tell from the location. However, to put your mind at rest, ring your Brest care nurse. She should be able to help and it doesn’t matter how often you ring her and how many questions you ask. That is what she is there for!! Kx
ktk

Hi Aley. If you have had surgery they will have taken a sentinel lymph node and biopsied it. This leads to others so if it is clear the rest will be.

Just cuddle your kids. It is more important! Keep up the antibacterial wash and gel but try not to get too paranoid. You are less likely to pick up infections from home than from strangers because your body is used to the bugs!! Do up your anti sickness meds. If you are sick ring your chemo helpline so they can adjust your meds. Good luck with your treatment Kx

Hi Aley! Nice to 'meet' you. Yeah keep on with those anti sickness meds and hopefully you'll feel more human soon. As to advice re not catching your 4 yr olds cold...that's tricky. I guess try not to kiss/cuddle too much and try and use separate towels maybe?! I know that's hard....I have a cuddly 10 yr old that always seems to have a snotty nose at the mo!!!! Sorry, I'm no help whatsoever but I'm sure there will be someone on here that has loads of tips and advice. I'm still a newbie to all this!!!
Take care and rest as much as you're able to with a 4 year old running around xxx

Just wanted to say hi..Had my first chemo today..I’ve got grade 2 IDC with lymph node involvement-ultrasound & biopsy showed 1 but I’m still not sure how they can be certain more LN’s aren’t involved-I’ve stopped asking for fear of sounding like a broken record 🤣 I’m having chemo first up, 1st one today was ok- been feeling mildly nauseous. I’m going to crank up the anti sickness meds from tomorrow to pre-empt potential nausea. I’ve a 4 year old with a cold so wondering how this is going to work over the next few days/weeks..
Any advice/tips words of wisdom much appreciated!

Hi.  Sorry it took so long for me last reply but it was a tough & exhausting weekend.  

I’ve got 4 chemo sessions left.  There’s a possibility of a delay on the next one ( due a week on Thursday ).  I’ve one more Fec, then onto the t part.  

Pulapula - I was told that if you’re going to have flu jab it needs to be before you start your treatment.  It’s always worth checking though.  And yes, i’m getting paranoid about infection.  

In between my Chemo sessions i’ve been taking vitamin c & zinc tablets along with few herbal things - although maybe i’m not best advert cause i’m The one in here ☹️

Take care all.  Love jacqs xx

So pleased to hear from you Jacqs. You're in the best place and at least they will keep a good eye on you. Hang in there, you'll soon be feeling better and able to get back home. How many more chemo sessions do you have left?
Hi Pulapula! You sound just the same as me with my Eve. It's so difficult with kids isn't it? I've started with a snotty nose so I'm hoping I can starve it off before my next fec on 8th.
Take care everyone. Lots of love xxx

Jacqs, I'm so relieved to hear from you. I was getting worried. I'm glad they've worked out what was wrong and are treating you.

I'm doing ok. I just feel like what should be a simple chore is really hard work! Even getting the energy to go and drive and get my son today was hard.

Is everyone else obsessive about infection risks? My 3 kids all have colds at the moment. They use the hand foam when they get back from school and I tell them not to cough on me (!) but I don't want to isolate myself from them...I just keep checking my temperature

Also are we meant to have flu jabs or not? Noone has mentioned it...

Hi Pulapula & A Little Pixie,

apologies for the delayed reply.  It was indeed time for hospital.  I was admitted on Saturday evening & what they initially thought was neutropenic sepsis actually turned out to be blood clots on the lung & pleurisy.  They’ve been treating me with antibiotic drips, blood thinning injections & lots painkillers.  I do feel a lot brighter today.  On a more positive note, they don’t think the infection in my central line is anything to worry about but will know for certain on Friday when latest blood culture tests come back.  I’ll be staying with the lovely NHS till the end of the week, then will be reviewed. thanks for your messages & hope you’re all doing ok too xx

Gosh Jacqs, that sounds horrid. Please let us know how you're getting on when you can. Sending lots of love to everyone as always X

Jacs, How are you doing today? Sounds like you are having a really time with it all. Sounds serious so hospital is the best place for you to be.

Hi Pulapula. I’m also on Fec.  After each session I have had 3 days of steroids which do seem to help alleviate a lot of symptoms.  I’ve then had 5 days of the injections.  I’m not sure why hospitals differ so much but I would definitely ask them about this as I understood both were important for recovery from each session.

i’ve got a central line instead of a picc & had same issue with district nurses. I now go to hospital once week to get it flushed & dressings changed.

Had my 2nd Fec 10 days ago & have just been admitted to hospital with pleurisy & potential neutropenia sepsis.  So gutted cause it all seemed to be going so well.

hope you manage to get something sorted.  Jacqs xx

ktk

Pulapula, just for info. I was given steroids to take for two days following treatment (these increases with T). You mustn’t take the hem after 4pm as they can stop you sleeping. I also had Filgrastim injections to take for 7 days starting 3 days after chemo. These rebuild your immune system. Not all health authorities give them but if they were mentioned I suspect you should have them. They need keeping in the fridge so are only good Ben to you as you leave. If you have them take one out 20mins ahead to warm up. Other than that I had anti sickness meds as well. Perhaps ring your unit tomorrow?

Re your hair, it takes about two weeks to start shedding. I shaved what was left on day 15.

Good luck with the rest of your treatment Kxx

Hi I am going through exactly the same as my hair is falling out big time so I know how you are feeling I am dreading Friday my 2nd treatment not looking forward to that x

Hello ladies, I’ve just been catching up on the thread. Hope you are all managing ok today and remember to ask the professionals if you are feeling rough.

I had my first FEC on Thursday and have generally been ok - a bit tired, lightheaded, queasy, but all manageable. I’ve been eating dried prunes, drinking orange juice etc and that helped with my constipation.

I had a PICC line fitted and am so glad I did. The procedure was fine (the thought of it is much worse that having it done!).

I wasn’t that impressed that the district nurse never showed up on Friday to change my PICC dressing so I need to contact the hospital tomorrow as they said to go back there and they’ll do it.

I am a bit concerned that I just had one dose of steroids an hour before treatment but nothing since, as some of you FEC ladies mention more steroids? My consultant also mentioned the injections I’d need to do to raise white blood cell count, but I wasn’t given any meds so maybe that was only if I needed them...all I got was some antisickness meds. Feel a bit medication light (but I probably shouldn’t complain)!

Has anyone else had an itchy scalp? Maybe I’m just paranoid but I feel quite itchy and bumpy - maybe it’s because I keep checking for hair loss...I’m not cold-capping and have bought lots of warm hats but now I’m also wondering about whether to get a wig too as my consultant said it can be 6 weeks post treatment before it starts growing back...
ktk

Why no chemo? I have my planning meeting on Friday and I was thinking of asking if I really need it.

We're all going thru so much at the moment. I'm on day 6 of my 1st fec. What a week it's been. Will these side effects not bugger off yet?! I have stomach issues and M.E. too so it really has floored me. I keep reading all your posts and helpful tips. Still struggling with nausea if I don't nibble often. Trying to stay upbeat, but it's hard. Glad I have your company. Lots of love xxx

Thanks K.  Good luck to you too for your last chemo.  I’ll have one more Fec then 3 T.  Fortunately I won’t have to have radiotherapy.  Am just hoping this pleurisy won’t delay next chemomsession - fingers crossed x

ktk

Hi Jacqs and welcome. It sounds like you have had a rough ride, I am so sorry. I am really from the June thread but it is all a bit mix and match! I am also TN and had bilateral therapeutic mammoplasty in June. Nearly finished chemo, one more T to go then rads. Good luck with your treatment Kxx

Hello ladies.  I have been following your progress but have not yet regularly contributed, but would love to join in. I started my chemo right at the end of August & had my 2nd round of Fec 9 days ago.  Have got to say that since my diagnosis in May - triple negative grade 3 tumour, it’s been a hard slog.  I had a double mastectomy & reconstruction at end June, followed by 2 infections & lost one of implants as a result.  I’ve had to have a central line fitted which has not been problem free.  Yesterday was diagnosed with pleurisy so back on lots antibiotics & strict rest.  On Monday I am going in for a scan to check that I don’t have a blood clot on my lungs.  I’m wondering when the bad luck is going to end!

I’m usually awake at all hours so will keep checking in to see how you are all doing xx

ktk

Scatterbrain you must ring your chemo unit. I was ‘told off’ for not ringing when I had diarrhoea as it could be a sign of infection xx

I started tcph neo adjuvant 8 days ago. First 3 days I had constipation and bad reflux, which I think we're down to the steroids, as once I stopped (and took senna for 2 evenings) it changed to stomach cramps and diaorreah for 3 days. I took the pills and it held it back for a few hours. But now I feel I'm starting the cycle again, awful cramps and back pain that just won't move. Now I could take a laxative again but I'm afraid of starting with the "runs" again... sudocrem can only help so much !! I'm trying to drink lots of water but feel very full, eating is a challenge as it starts the cramps as soon as it hits my stomach, so 5kg loss in 5 days. So, I am starting to feel a bit pathetic in myself and stuck as to what to do. Anyone have this and have any ideas? 5 more cycles of this seems very daunting right now xx
Community Champion

Thanks for sharing your experiences, Kip and ktk! I might try to do some work throughout and see how I get on. Xox
ktk

Hi Elliesmum, the other thing to bare in mind about work is what you do. I am a teacher and was told I could not go near school at all during chemo because of the risk of infection. In fact I have been off pretty much since diagnosis as I found I just couldn’t stand in front of my lovely students and pretend all was well. I did go in for a couple of weeks between surgery and chemo on a negotiated timetable. And I did go to my Year 11 Prom (that I had organised!) the day after I lost all my hair!! Kxx
Kip Community Champion
Community Champion

ElliesMum - regarding work.  I know everyone is different and some have suffered more than others.  I'm very lucky in that I work from home all the time (and only part time so just mornings and all day Fridays) but I have found when having FEC I took off days 1, 2 and 3 (Monday - Wednesday) and then was back at work on day 4 onwards for the rest of the cycle.  On T I have the initial chemo day off (Monday) and then go back to work every day afterwards.  My chemos are always on Mondays so with T I found the worst side effects are on teh Saturday - Sunday (days 6-7) and doesn't affect work.  As I said I work from home all the time so don't have to consider travelling or avoiding anyone with illnesses so its easier for me.   I do find working gives me normality though and I can just (try) to forget whats happening.  I think if I had to go out to work I would have found it harder because it doesn't matter what I look like, I can work in PJs if I need and go bald at home.   I would say if you can work you might find it helps but you have to wing it a bit with the first chemo and see how you feel... don't push yourself too hard, if you need time off then have it.  Some ladies find it better not to have to worry about working but I guess it depends what kind of job you have.  You may not be able to be in your place of work during days 7-14 when your white bloods are low in case of infection. My job can be very quiet so I can lay on the sofa and wait for the phone to ring.

Kip

P.S>  you can never have "too many" scarves!! Smiley Wink

Community Champion

Thanks for the tips, Kip! It is so helpful to learn from you wonderful ladies who are a little ahead of me on this crappy journey.

Yes, I’m having 3 rounds of FEC then 3 rounds of T. Luckily I have a good thermometer already, but thanks for the heads up. Not cold capping as I get migraines (and partly because I can’t be bothered with it either 🙈). I have shoulder-length hair but I’m planning to shave my head the weekend after I start. I haven’t had time to do anything about a wig yet - I’m at work today trying to get that side of things sorted before I start chemo - but I do have a voucher. I may have also purchased several (one may say too many!) scarves on a mad shopping trip yesterday after being given the chemo appointment! Oh well 😂 I feel better when I’m prepared and would prefer to have too many rather than too few. Kudos to those of you who are brave enough to go bald! I fear I probably won’t be - at least not initially.

Another question I have for you all: have you been able to work during treatment? I can go on sick leave on full pay for 6 months (super lucky I know), but I love my job and want to do whatever work I can do alongside treatment. I can do a fair amount of work from home. Am I being crazily optimistic? Or might it be manageable to work say 1.5 weeks every cycle?

I now have a shopping list for the weekend and feel more mentally prepared and in control. Thank you all again! 😘
Kip Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi ElliesMum,

Looks like you have had lots of tips so far.  I am from June Chemos and have had 3 x FEC and 2 x T so far.   Make sure you drink lots the day before chemo, its helps to get the veins nice and plump and easier to use.  I kept a stash of ginger biscuits, mints and sweets with me and beside the bed incase of nausea.   Keep a bottle of water with you at all times and drink lots especially the couple of days after chemo.  It helps to flush it all through.   Eat what you like when you like, little and often helps with nausea.  Take all the meds they give you, and don't be afraid to call the hotline if you have any worries, they are great and answer anything!   Do you have a good thermometre (ear one is good), you need to keep an eye on your temperature.  First cycle I was paranoid and kept taking it every hour but you get used to that and by 2 or 3rd you don't need to take it so often but do keep an eye.  If you take paracetomal for headaches or aches and pains remember to take your temp before hand as it can lower your temperature.   I think you said you are having FEC?  One part of the FEC is red and as soon as its finished your wee will be bright red.. don't panic thats normal and it soon fades!

On the day, as the others have said, comfy clothing, a friend to chat to, a book to read, nibbles and drinks.  For FEC the nurse will sit with you and feed the chemo into your cannula so you'll have her to chat to as well.   The thought is definately worse than the deed, I cried throughout my first one but it was over within about hour and half and I was off home.  The side effects (mostly a bit of nausea... like morning sickness I found) lasted a few days and then I bounced back.  You get more tired as things go on, but rest up when you need and most importantly of all... keep coming on here, we are all going through it and will help in any way and its nice when you have things to pass on to others too.

Oh and I keep a diary, I write down everyday when I have taken pills (theres usually a lot to remember) and also any side effects, you will get to see a pattern as each month usually follows the same pattern. 

Hair - sorry to mention it, not sure if you are cold capping?  I didn't and my hair started to come out by day 12 of first FEC, I then had to have it shaved on day 15 as falling out really quickly.  Others have hung on a bit later than that. I had my hair cut short beforehand as my hair was quite long.   Its distressing, I won't lie, but you soon get used to it, there are lots of lovely hats/scarfs and very cheap on ebay/Amazon.  I also have a lovely wig, the NHS should provide you with a voucher to help with payment, I had to pay the first £70.   Ask if they haven't already told you about it, as its good to have one ready if you choose that route. If you go onto June Chemo starters there are lots of photos of us rocking our baldies!   Its very liberating and by First cycle of T my hair was starting to grow back, I have about 1cm now!

Oh and book onto a Looking Good Feeling Better course if you can, lovely morning where they show you how to apply makeup, draw on eyebrows etc and you get loads of freebies - about £250 of makeup!  Well worth it and a nice pamper when you need it!

Take care,

Kip

xx

Community Champion

Thank you so much, GabyF and Rally15. Your experiences and advice are so helpful! You have made me feel a bit better already.

I’ve had a read through the previous posts. You seem like a fabulous and very supportive bunch! I hope those who have had adverse side effects find some medication that helps. I, for one, cannot handle feeling nauseous... so hopefully they dose me up with lots of anti-nausea drugs!!! 😂

A little more about me: I’m 33, I have a (usually) delightful one year old and a slightly overwhelmed husband. HER2+, so I’ll be having herceptin as well.

Love to all! 😘

Hi Elliesmum,

i am on day 12 after 1st fec chemo.

i went wearing comfort able clothes, layers as temperature will vary especially if you are going with the cold cap. (I couldn’t tolerate the cold cap but so far no sign of hair loss).

i took water to drink as I am not a tea/coffee drinker, they did bring drinks around but you could wait a long time if staff are v busy so yes take a flask.

something to read, crossword whatever you enjoy. Take sweets and snacks, I didn’t,t but others kept me well supplied.

i was only there a couple of hours, less time needed without the cold cap.

they will probably give you tablets to take there and a host of them to take at home over the next few days. Main aim to stop nausea and sickness, and to build you back up again. They will give you a thermometer.

I had a district nurse call to me the following day with an injection to help boost immunity. Others on the forum have been given injections to do themselves.

to be honest it has not been as bad as I anticipated but there will be a cumulative effect as I have more sessions. Side effects for me, not sleeping the first night, hunger both apparently due to steroids. My anti sickness meds worked a treat. Felt I’ll, flushed but my temp didn’t go up to cause concern. I was reluctant to drive as I just didn’t feel right. Sid effects progressed to sore mouth, they may give you a mouthwash to use and your dentist can prescribe toothpaste. Aches and pains which caused walking problems but only lasted 24 hours. Biggest side effect for me was tiredness.

will be thinking of you.xx

Hello ladies I am just dropping in from May 2017 to send you all love and strength over the coming months. I am so glad you have found each other. The May starters have supported each other every step of the way and are still in contact on a fb group. It’s difficult to know what’s ahead and the road is often bumpy but we are still plodding and embracing the new normal. Including uncontrollable new wavy hair. It sounds like you have many tips and tricks already but if ever you need anything please pop along and say hi. Someone will respond.
You are not alone.
X x

Hi ElliesMum,

I'm on week 2 of chemo (Carboplatin & Paclitaxel). Here is what I've done for the past couple of weeks to prepare:

1. drink pently of fluids every day (at least 2 litres, more if you can manage).

2. I take the following in to hospital: water, a hot drink in a thermos (I take Lemon & Ginger to help with any nausea), lots of snacks (I seem to get very hungry and was told by by BCN it's actually good to snack through the chemo to combat nausea), some light reading, headphones, extra socks in case of cold feet, a thick cardi, hairband & conditioner for cold cap - basically, I prepare for an expeidition, but it's worth it as I can relax once I'm there.

3. Continue to drink loads after chemo

4. Beware of constipation - mine crept up on me and I had awful stomach cramps for seeral days in week 1. None of the pills I was given helped, but prune juice did! So I now have a glass a day and that seems to be doing the trick, but everyone seems to find their own remedy for this.

5. Finally, relax - I know that many of us here struggle with some awful side effects, but maybe I've been lucky or it's just early days, but I found the waiting for chemo far worse than the treatment itself. Everyone on my ward is very calm and professional, and the other patients are very supportive, particularly of "newcomers". It's obviously not exactly a fun day out, but it's what is going to get rid of this bl...y cancer, so I try to stay positive.

I hope this helps a little. I'm sure others will have many more tips and it's worth looking through the threads for other months as well.

Gx

Community Champion

Hello lovely ladies, please excuse me for jumping in without having read all of the earlier posts and getting to know you. I promise I will diligently read them all tonight! I hope that you are all feeling alright and that the side effects have been kind to you!

I’m joining this thread as I was informed today that I will be starting chemo next week 🙈. There have been several unusual twists and turns thus far that I won’t bore you with. To cut to the bare essentials: informed on Tuesday of this week (18th) that I will definitely need chemo. Saw oncologist yesterday (19th) and told chemo will start 5th Oct (in two weeks). Had a call this afternoon: chemo now starting next week (28th Sept)! I only had surgery 4 weeks ago (mastectomy with some lymph nodes removed) and thought that I would be given more time to physically recover and mentally prepare myself for this stage!

Anyhow, the reason that I am posting is that I have gone into a mild panic about what I need to do to prepare for the first chemo session. I have been given the standard information booklets and know that I will be having FEC-T, but I know nothing else. No logistics, no idea of what I should be bringing with me, what to expect when there, what I need at home, what I should/shouldn’t do day of chemo, what to eat/avoid. I know you are all going through this, and probably remember what it felt like before you started. I need to have a plan and to get organised now so that I can feel more in control of the situation. Please help me! What do I need to do? Thank you! Xox
Kip Community Champion
Community Champion

Thats good MamaTony, like you say its weird how your priorites change.  I went from total shock at being diagnosed to being glad it was only in 1 breast to happy that only 3 nodes had cancer!

Hope you got a good nights rest.

Kip

x

Hi all,

Update on my liver ultrasound results...

Went ok, the ultrasound didn’t determine what the lesions are, apparently they are very small. If they are cancerous the chemo might sort them. To get another ultrasound after third chemo. Also, might have always been there.
Main thing is it’s NOT a big mass of cancer so I’m happy to take that at this stage.

It’s amazing how happy I am that I may JUST have breast cancer...unbelievable...what is happening???...a month ago being told I had breast cancer rocked my world 😳

Anyways will get a good sleep tonight.

Love to all 💕

Hi all!

Thought i better check in as been awhile, im currently day 13 after 1st ec, shaved head day 5, admitted to hospital day 6 (high temp) only stayed one night looks like start of infection so antibiotics given. Constipation gradually subsided only had to take one lot of senna which was good. Feeling really good actually. New thing that is happening, hairloss but NOT on my head!! Yes lady fuzz 🤣

Love & Hugs Bee 🐝 x

Kip Community Champion
Community Champion

Good luck Mamatony!   Dont worry about online shopping we class it as a side effsct of chemo!!  Just blame chemo brain!!:smileyvery-happy.  As for venturkng out during middle week my onc said to avoid public places like cinema, theatre, schools etc but to still go out, if i needed the sioermarket try to go off peak and take hand gel and use regularly!  Avoid anyone with colds etc but dont loxk yourself away, i still try to get out in fresh air for a walk.  

You are all doing well big hugs

Kip

Hey MamaTony - I'll be thinking of you at 4pm. I'm praying it's good news and nothing to worry about. We have enough going on!
Well done to all the ladies that gave had their hair cut short in preparation. Mentally, it does help.
I had my first FEC yesterday. Felt horrifically sick last night and my head and stomach hurt but this morning it's more manageable. They gave me an arsenal of anti sickness drugs to take home. I'm dreading the injections for 7 days. Needs must eh? Just pottering today and watching Netflix!
I'm considering a picc line for my next load as it was very painful in my hand. Anyone have one and what do you think?! Any drawbacks to having one?
Sending lots of love to everyone as always, Dawn x

Hi all,

Day 12 now after first of my FEC-T* 6 chemo rounds. Feeling good, just a bit paranoid about going over the door when I am in my ‘middle week’ and my immunity is low. Still doing the school run but apart from that and a bit of food shopping not venturing out much more.

Keeping buying stuff online!!! Need to stop that as off work and not earning £££’s
(I’m a foster mum and had to let my wee boy go🙁)

Anyway, really scared today as have appt at 4pm to get result of liver ultrasound. A couple of shadows were found following my CT scan. Just seems to have been bad news for the past while so expecting the worst and praying for the best 🙏🙏

This is such a challenging journey, getting the chemo and dealing with the side effects has been straight forward for me so far. IT IS THE WAITING FOR RESULTS THAT IS EMOTIONAL TORTURE 😰 Anyway roll on 4pm so that I know 🤞🤞

Sorry for the moan I am normally a positive person but this ride tests the best of us!

Love that I can post here and people in the same boat can really appreciate the feelings.

Love to you all💕

Hi thank you for your kind words l have had my haircut really short it's a shock when I look in the mirror but it's done now no going back l Wear my hat in the house but haven't been out yet but when I do I will wear my wig l am still struggling with the treatment had to phone a couple of times better day today so hopefully it will get easier good luck with your treatment.