cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

October 2018 Chemo starters

Community Champion

Re: October 2018 Chemo starters

Morning Ladies 🌸

Fiona....Yes, get your box up asap as the birds are already building nests...🐦 My daughters bought me a bird box a couple of years ago, it's a post box which my hubby put on the side of our house....it's so cool and nothing has come near it...yet, I buy one for £3 in the sale at Wilko's and already have residents! Haha! 🐦

I was told your body has to learn how to disperse the fluid without lymph nodes how can it do that if the fluid is leaking out! I'll be round later with my needle and thread! 🤕💉 x

ElliesMum...you must have been shattered to have a 3 hour nod! I bet you felt good after it! 

How are you feeling ? Good news that you've got your appointments sorted out! 🎀

I don't feel too bad in myself...I'm doing a bit more 'pottering' but still can't do too much...I have another appt with my physiotherapist next week so hopefully she'll say I can do a bit more!

I still get so tired but my stamina is improving...my daughters and hubby keep saying I'm doing too much but I think if I don't try and do things I'm never going to get back on my feet! 

Ive spent that much time sat at my lottie in all weathers I actually look pretty healthy considering the 💩 I've been through! 🤕🌞😂💪🏼

Thankyou for asking 🌸💗 x

Sar_ah...hope you had a fab w/e... And rads is coming to an end!! Yippee!!! 🎀 x

Good luck for today Badboob...everything is crossed for your results! We're all thinking about you! 😘🎀💗 x

The hair on my head is growing slowly...I love having hair again! It's dark compared to before chemo tho! 👩🏼 My brows and lashes never completely disappeared! The hair under my arms has grown quickly...but I'm a bit wary about shaving it as my armpit is numb! (I'm not a fan of the cream after once nearly getting 3rd degree burns from it!! 🙈) Leg hair and Lady Garden hair is still pretty sparse!

Have a good day girls... I'm actually going out to the local pub for a drink with my friend...I have advised I'm not fit enough for a full blown drinking session so we're just going to have "a couple"... watch this space!! 😂🍺😂🍺😂🍺

💗🎀🌸👙

Community Champion

Wasn’t it a glorious Saturday!!! ☀️ 🌷 🌳 I did have a relaxing weekend, thanks. Little duckling went to spend some time with her grandparents so I got a 3 hour nap on Saturday afternoon. Goodness me, I needed it 🙈

How exciting, having birds 🐦 nesting at your lottie, Aneeebel! You are fully entitled to be excited about that. How is everything with you? Is your strength/energy levels starting to improve?

Your ongoing leak/fluid issues must be so frustrating for you, Fiona. I’m not surprised you’re not too impressed with the situation. I wouldn’t be either! 😡 It does sound like you’ve been super brave going without your wig, though. Go Fiona! 👍

How is your hair growth going more generally, ladies? I’m very pleased with the covering on my head - seems to be coming back quite quickly, which is a relief. No obvious bald patches any more. 🤗 Less enamoured with the return of leg/underarm/lady region hair, but hey ho. What I am excited about is the prospect of having eyelashes and eyebrows again. They appear to be starting to launch a comeback... 🤞 

Sarah, I hope you had a fab weekend in Bournemouth. Best of luck for your final rads session tomorrow. Woohoo! 🎉 🍾 🥳 So pleased for you!!! 💓 

Hope you’re doing well, Badboob, and are continuing to recover.

I have herceptin this week, but will otherwise be back at work. Thanks to your encouragement, I called my BCN last week. She has arranged for me to have an echo ASAP. She also booked me in for a prosthesis fitting. Finally, she chased up my oncologist and I have an appointment in a few weeks (apparently this was always in the books - they simply forgot to tell me 🤦‍♀️). So good news! Feeling far less abandoned by my medical team now. 👍 Thanks again for the ongoing support! Xox 😘💕💐

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Fi when you start rads in derby get them to have a look at everything first and see if you can get derby unit to have a look, worth a try 😘😘Don’t forget dr organics aloe Vera with tea tree gel to slap on during rads❤️Annabelle and everyone 💕💕✨✨Shi xx

Community Champion

Aneeebel, I think you're going to have to come down to me with your needle and thread 🤣 The breast care team just say they don't want to risk infection and they want the body to heal naturally.  Great, I fully understand but they're not the ones having to put up with the constant leaking ☹

I can fully sympathise with the numbness and painful skin. I thought the ANC would be the easy bit of the surgery, more fool me.  My underarm feels like it's been burnt and it feels so weird being numb in the armpit. All very normal apparently. I think I'm just too naive! 

Lovely news about the blue tits 🐦 I built a bird box before Christmas so you've encouraged me to get hubby to put it up 👍🏻

I've got some spinach and salad leaves just starting to sprout too 🌱 No lottie for me, just a few pots 😁

Badboob, good luck for tomorrow, 🤞🏻for some good news. 

Sar_ah, I hope you've had a fantastic time in Bournemouth. Last rads tomorrow - woohoo 🍾

I trust you've had a relaxing weekend ElliesMum, particularly after Thursday!

I've been brave this weekend and bared my head in public twice plus we had hubby's brother and girlfriend come round yesterday and I couldn't be bothered to put a wig on 👍🏻😁

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday 🤗🎀🎷🎀

💜Fiona xxx

Community Champion

Hi Ladies 🎀

Fiona...what a pain in the proverbial... surely some one needs to sort your leak out! Apart from yr hubby!! 😂

Well done on climbing the hill!! 💪🏼🚶‍♀️

My wound is still very tight and my side feels spongy..at least the fluid isn't leaking everywhere! My arm pit is still completely numb and I still have painful skin! 💪🏼

Hope you other Ladies are well! 🎀💗

Its glorious here now...I've just been to the lottie for a walk and I noticed we have blue tits in the bird box! I'm so excited...we only put it up about 6 weeks ago! (I'm easily pleased!) 🐦🐦🐦

Have a lovely arvo x 🌼🌷🌸

Community Champion

Morning All, I hope you're all having a lovely weekend. Yesterday was gorgeous but not so good today. We went for a walk yesterday up a hill just behind us. Before cancer I used to do it quite frequently but since all the treatment I've only managed to get almost halfway up. Well yesterday I got to the top and I was so chuffed 😁 So I had to celebrate with a glass of cider 😉 It was another little victory over cancer for me 😃

Aneeebel, leaking Lucy is not behaving herself at all 😕 I took the plaster off this morning and a couple of minutes later I'm squirting everywhere 😲 So hubby is putting his analytical mind to it now. I'll probably be rigged up to the v12 engine he's got stored in his shed to try and power that up 🤣 You're right Aneeebel I really wasn't impressed with the dr on Friday and the more I think about it the angrier I get 😠 But I need to focus on getting better rather than wasting energy on being angry. So leaking Lucy will be sorted soon one way or another. 

And no, ì haven't got my car back as it's having some welding done so will be away for a week or two 😭

Enjoy your Sunday ladies ... I'm off to Sainsbury's in a no 😣

🤗🎀🤗🎀

💜Fiona xxx

Community Champion

Hi Ladies... 

What a glorious day it's been! 🌝🌞🌝🌞🌝

Fiona...hope your hose pipe has stopped leaking once and for all! 

Doesn't sound like you were too impressed with the Doc!! Might as well have left it!

Have you got your car back? 🚘

Hope you're feeling well 🎀

Badboob...how are you feeling? 🎀

ElliesMum...hopefully you've had a relaxing day after your busy week! How's your 🐥 doing? 🎀

Sar_ah...hope your having fun in Bournemouth 🌞🎀⛱

Have a lovely evening everyone x 🌻🌼🌷🏵

Community Champion

Sar_ah, I hope you have a great weekend away and just one more rad session to go - absolutely brilliant 👍🏻😁🎀 Well done you. And don't worry about going back to work, they know your situation and you have to just listen to your body. I was exhausted my first week back after chemo but soon got back into the swing of things. Of course, it helps that I sleep with the boss 😲 (he jyst happens to be my hubby 😂) and do part time 👍🏻

ElliesMum, I'm so pleased yesterday went well for you. And get you, rocking your new hairstyle 😉 That must make you feel good 😉 Everyone's going to have a shock when they see me au naturel, and how grey/white I am. I'll blame it on the cancer but I know different 🤣

Aneeebel, how is your lottie doing? 🌱🍓🥒

And Badboob, no more emergency services calling on you yet I hope? 😁

I called the bcn this morning and went in at lunchtime. It was really busy so we parked round by the chemo unit and it was lovely as one of the nurses there saw me and waved and gave me a 👍🏻. How lovely to be remembered by someone who quite probably helped save my life 😚. Anyway, I saw a staff surgeon who decided to try to drain what little fluid there was left. Bear in mind I'd drained loads yesterday pm, leaked in the night and in the morning so surprisingly he only managed to drain off about 10 ml 😲 Yes that is all. Why bother? The bcns are always saying they don't like to do it more than once a week due to the risk of infection so why did he do this for just 10 ml? He'd had a feel and said there was very little in my armpit. I could have eased that out myself 😲. I wasn't too impressed with him as you may have gathered 🤔 

So my leaky tap is fixed again for a while 👍🏻

Have a great weekend everyone 🤗🎀🤗🎀

💜Fiona xxx

Aneeebel that’s fantastic news about the rads, those three weeks will whizz by! I don’t know how you found it Elliesmum? But I think it really has gone quick! 

Badboob, how are you? We will all be thinking of you Monday 💕

Thank you for the advice Elliesmum re the cream Smiley Happy they told me I could shave my armpits, ironically that’s the one place I’ve had no problem with hair growth 🤢 I’m looking forward to dealing with that! But a nice problem to have! Smiley Happy 

sorry for the split message! I don’t k ow about anyone else but my memory is shocking! I normally have to write little notes so that I can reply 😳 (slightly embarrassing!) I’m hoping to go back to work soon and I’m very scared how I’m going to hold any information! 

Have a lovely Friday all xx 

Wow Elliesmum clearly rocking the hair Smiley Happy))) that’s so lovely and really pleased to see the presentation and afterwards went well.  I bet your buzzing now! 🥂🍾

Fiona your becoming a pro now at deal with the leaking! I hope it sorts itself soon! Are you still in any pain? 

Thats a shame about your car, hopefully it’s back with you soon! 

Not quite the last rads yet ladies, one more to go but sooooo close.   Have the oncologist Tuesday to discuss the medication and injections, his told me what the plan is but can I remember? .... 🤣 absolutely not! 

On route to Bournemouth now, so far on our third round of listening to the greatest showman soundtrack 🙈

Community Champion

Also, one of my former students who I saw at the conference - unaware of my diagnosis - told me that he loved my Sinead O’Connor haircut... 💇‍♀️ Someone genuinely believed my new hair “style” was intentional. Yay!!! 🤗

Community Champion

Happy Friday ladies!

Good work massaging the cording away, Fiona - and addressing your “leak”. 😂👍 From Shi’s description it sounds like you’ll be having rads at a fancy hospital like Badboob’s! 😘

Sarah, have a fabulous weekend away celebrating the end of treatment. Woohoo! 🥳🍾

I hope you’re both doing well, Aneeebel and Badboob. 💕

My presentation went really well yesterday. So relieved! I also made it through the conference dinner (and the speeches that followed). My husband also survived looking after our 🐥 by himself for a night. I suspect she watched far more tv than usual, and it is unlikey her hair was brushed (much less tied back) before nursery this morning, but I’ll still claim it as a victory. Yay! On the train home now, in time for a quick nap before I collect her.

Have a fab weekend! Xox 😘 💓 🎀 

Community Champion

Morning Girls 🎀

Hope your hosepipe behaved itself during the night Fiona... 💧💧

How frustrating that it keeps leaking... hopefully the hospital will sort something out for you! Failing that..I'm quite good with a needle and thread! What time do you want me!!!! ✂️

Hope your presentation went well ElliesMum x💪🏼🎀

How are you Badboob? 🎀 

Last rads today Sar_ah!! 🎉🎉🎉

Have a fab break in Bournemouth! 🌝⛱🎀

Have a good day Ladies 🎀🌻🌸🌷

Community Champion

Thanks Shi, that's good to hear about the Derby team 👍🏻

Well, my hose pipe has sprung a leak again this afternoon and I've managed to control it myself. I'll give the bcn a ring tomorrow in case they need to see me but it seems as if there's nothing else to come out tonight other than a little dribble every now and then 🚿 

And I followed your advice ElliesMum on the massaging of the cord and it popped within a minute last night. I had so much more movement, it was great 😁 

I hope you're all well ladies and your presentation went well ElliesMum 🤞🏻

🤗🎀🤗🎀

💜Fiona xxx

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Fi the rads team at Derby are fantastic 👭👭you are in good hands. You can take a cd and they can play music into the room so if you shut your eyes you can be on a sunbed on the beech if you pretend 😁just get that water down you during rads very important to keep hydrated 💕💕✨✨Shi xx

Community Champion

Thanks Badboob! Stay away from those matches 😂🔥

Fiona, I did have cording after my surgery. It was very annoying and quite restrictive. I only had one (small group) physio session after surgery, but the physio was excellent in explaining how to resolve cording. She suggested stretching your arm/chest to the point where the cord is restricting movement. (The cording can usually be seen and looks like a thick piece of thread running under the skin... it’s hard to describe!) Then massage firmly along the cord. You may hear a loud “pop”, which is the cord resolving itself. Took me totally by surprise the first time!!! 🤣 After a few days, I had managed to improve/resolve most of the cords. Some of the deeper ones took a few weeks. Strangely, I had a few appear some weeks later but these too resolved after a few more weeks. I was told I could be referred to one-on-one physio sessions if I couldn’t resolve the situation myself with massage. Good luck with it! 🤞I hope the car situation gets resolved soon too, and that your hospital move is efficient.

Haha I did actually practice my presentation in front of my daughter’s toys! 🧸 Alas, I suspect my little one has an attention span that is far too short to be helpful (it’s a 30 minute talk). So she was excused from having to endure it this time! 😂 I will be very relieved when it is over.

I’m having an early night too, Aneeebel! Off to bed now. Xox 💕😘

Just popped in to wish Elliesmum all be best for tomorrow, I am sure you will be a star. It must be super exciting to be back doing what you should be doing.⭐️⭐️.

Interesting discussion regarding radiotherapy, all I know is that it will be sometime in May! Delighted you are getting on well Aneeebel and Fiona you seem to be on the up as well. Shame about the Jag, hope the repairs are reasonable. DH had a SL 500 and in the end it had to go because the costs just got ridiculous. 

I am doing well thank you, trying not to think too much about Monday’s meeting with my surgeon, we are desperate to have a break over Easter and I am scared to book anything in case it jinks it!🥺.

Anyway must away and find the matches..........🤭🔥🔥🔥....... DH has just about forgiven me!😂❤️

Hugs

Community Champion

Oh yes... hopefully it all goes according to plan for you Fiona! 🎀🌸

My op was 4 weeks ago today... That's flown by! 🎀💪🏼

🎀🌸💕

Community Champion

I've not heard anything yet Aneeebel but as I'm being transferred from Sheffield to Derby I may have to wait a bit for all correspondence to catch up. My surgeon said 8 - 10 weeks, my consultant said 6 - 8 weeks. I'm hoping I'll start them some time in May but who knows with the workings of the NHS 🤔😉

🤗🎀🤗🎀

💜Fiona xxx

Community Champion

Fiona...the oncologist hasn't seen me doing my exercises...she likes you to have rads as soon as your well enough! The physiotherapist had mentioned 8 weeks after surgery! 

Have you had any indication as to when your rads will start?  🎀

Hope you're all well x 🎀

Community Champion

Wow, Aneeebel, that's good news about rads. How is your arm movement then? It must be pretty good if you've been recommended so soon 👍🏻😁 I'm really pleased for you.

And it's never too early to go to bed  in our condition 😉 Sleep well 😴😴

💜Fiona xxx

Community Champion

Hi Ladies 🎀

ElliesMum...I hate ironing and literally only iron "if" I have to! My hubby usually does it...💙 I'm sure you'll be fantastic tomorrow.. we'll all be thinking of you! 🌻

Fiona...good news that your swelling seems to be improving! 🎀 Bad news about your car! 🚘

Badboob...hope you haven't been in trouble lately 🔥🔥🔥🔥How are you feeling?🎀

Sar_ah...not long now!🎀

My Oncologists appt was really just a catch up and discussed rads...should start in about 3 weeks! She said my wound is 'lovely and the surgeon has done a good job!' I'm a bit concerned it's going to be healed enough for rads but she said it should be!! 💪🏼🎀

I desperately need a snooze...is it too early to go to bed!!!!

Take care x 🎀🌸💕

Community Champion

ElliesMum, you'll be fine. And don't forget to do a practice run in front of 🐥 and all her toys. I thought that was a brilliant idea of Shi's 👍🏻

We've got mainly sunshine today at work with one recent hail shower.

Aneeebel, hope it all went well today 🤞🏻 

I had a phone call yesterday from my onc's secretary wondering why I'd been discharged. I explained that I had asked to be transferred to Derby for rads as it is much closer to home than Sheffield. They fully understood and were happy to discharge me from there. So hopefully my notes will turn up at Derby soon and I'll hear from them.

Sar_ah, are you counting down each day now? I hope you have a great weekend away 😁

Any more excitement with you Badboob?😉

My swelling is ok at the moment. Apparently some of it is soft tissue swelling anyway which will disappear in time. Or maybe I'm just fat under my arm 😉 I think I may have a bit of cording as well so will see how that goes for the rest of the week. I'm doing all the exercises and hoping it will just ping free but no luck yet. ElliesMum, did you say you'd had this? I just wonder what advice you could give if so.

My gorgeous Jag has failed its MOT today, usual issue with a classic, it needs a bit of work underneath 😁 So she's off to the welders tomorrow for a while 😭 🚘 I shall miss her while she's on her holidays 😣

Enjoy the rest of your day and ElliesMum, get a good night's sleep ready for tomorrow 👩‍🎓😁

🤗🎀🤗🎀

💜Fiona xxx

Community Champion

Hello lovey ladies, I hope you’re all somewhere warm and dry. We had snow (briefly) yesterday and I can see out the window that it’s hailing at the moment! ❄️ 

Haha Aneeebel it sounds like you iron about as frequently as I do 😉 How was your appointment with the oncologist today?

Sarah, wonderful to hear that you’ve got a weekend away to look forward to. I hope you have a fabulous time! So close to the finish line now! 🤗 How is your skin? Make sure you keep moisturising after rads finishes. My skin kept getting worse for 10 days or so afterwards, but is now starting to heal. Yay, you’re almost done! 🥳🍾

Fiona, how is the swelling? I hope the pillow is continuing to help and that things start to properly settle down for you. 🤞💐

Badboob, how are you feeling? Have you been behaving yourself? 😂🔥

Thank you all, and Shi, for the support regarding my presentation. I’m feeling a bit better about it now. Finished my slides and will do a few run-throughs this afternoon.

Love to you all! Xox 💕😘

Community Champion

Oh how lovely Sar_ah.... I bet you can't wait! 

I don't know when my hubby is going to fit the hoovering in to be honest...he's been supermarket shopping this morning... been to town after dinner and nows he's nipped to the lottie... He'll have to do it tomorrow when we get back from my oncologists appointment!! 😊😋😂

I'm worn out...I put a pasty in the oven for dinner!!!! 🤔💪🏼😇

🎀🌸💕

Afternoon ladies Smiley Happy

Glad to heat your all well! Elliesmum good luck with your presentation Thursday I’m sure your be brilliant, and enjoy that food after!!! 

Aneeebel I’m loving the bit using the hoover!! 😆 sounds brilliant!

hope all your exercises are going well ladies.

In for my last Tuesday of rads today, I think the fatigue is starting to hit now, I’ve been on a mission on the last few weeks determined to be as fit as I was before and think I’ve overdone it 🤦🏼‍♀️ Plus I’ve got a horrible cold but it’s not all bad me husband just text to tell me we’re going to Bournemouth after the session Friday with my daughter (my son is far to cool to come with us so is going to his dads).

Community Champion

Oh sorry Fiona.... 😂😂 Just as you were going to have your brekkie! 🍳☕

I wouldn't say you were a fraud! It's good that you're healing well!

I'm hoping ill have finished rads for when we go on holiday too!! 👙🌞 

I've just done my exercises...I'm sure whoever concocted the flaming things have never had a mastectomy!! 🙄🏋️‍♀️🎀

💗🎀🌸

Community Champion

Urgh Aneeebel, that sounds disgusting but that means youre healing well.  Again, I feel a fraud, my two wounds have knitted together nicely with no scabs or anything like that 😉 

Yes, my surgeon told me the same, about 8 - 10 weeks before rads. I'd like it all done before we go to gran canaria so that I can relax and enjoy myself. I guess you see a physio because you had an Mx?  Physio was never offered to me, just a bcn giving me the Breast Cancer Care leaflet detailing the exercises 😉 

Speaking of which, I really ought to get up (I just had a little nap 😴😴) , do some exercises and get my arm moving. 

🤗🎀🤗🎀

💜Fiona xxx

Community Champion

Oh, good news that you slept better Fiona! 💖😴

The pillow did the trick then... 💪🏼

My Grandaughter would like one...she said she would be able to put her chin on it when she's led on her tummy watching tv on her bed!! Haha! I told her she can have one of mine when I've finished using them! 💗

I don't think hubby will be hoovering today.... He's going shopping!!! 😂💙😂💙😂

I have an appointment tomorrow with my Oncologist.... 🎀

With regards to rads -my physio said they would usually start rads 8 weeks after surgery as they have to give my wound chance to heal!

A bit of the 'blood and guts' has finally started dropping off my wound....it's taken longer than I thought it would! 🎀💗👙

💖

Community Champion

Badboob, that was so funny to hear about your firemen experience 🤣 At least, hopefully, you didn't do my hubby's trick of starting the fire - by using petrol 😲

Sar-ah, I bet you must be pleased that you're coming to the end of rads. How are you coping with it? It's such a long time you've been having rads. 

ElliesMum, you'll smash the presentation 👩‍🎓 You've got through all this cancer rubbish where you were learning every day but this is something you know about. Go get 'em girl. We'll all be thinking of you 🤞🏻👍🏻

Aneeebel, lol, you make us all laugh. Having a new Hoover 10 months ago and not even plugged it in yet? (Is it cordless?😉) Can I send my hubby up to yours to learn from the master please?🤣

Well, I'm feeling better in myself today. I slept with my new pillow last night and actually managed to get a bit better sleep. You're right Badboob, it is the pits (did you intend that pun? It made me laugh anyway😁). I felt a bit of a fraud too during chemo, especially with Aneeebel and ElliesMum frequently having stays at Casa NHS. It just proves that everyone is different. I had thought this recovery period after surgery would be a breeze, the boob wound is healing nicely, it's just the ANC. I honestly didn't think it would cause this many problems or pain (painkillers don't work as it's the pressure of the fluid causing the pain). I know, I'm naive as ive never had surgery before but today is the turning point. More positivity is called for 😁 Plus, I don't want to delay rads (whenever that happens) because I haven't healed sufficiently.

So, apart from Sar-ah, any hospital visits this week for anyone?  It feels a bit weird not having any planned just yet 🤔 

It's a wet day in Matlock today, working from home so I'll get the Wood burner going when I can be bothered to get up 🤣

Have a great day ladies. Aneeebel, put your feet up and watch your husband do the hoovering 🤣

🤗🎀🤗🎀

💜Fiona xxx

Community Champion

Eeeeeh Badboob...that made me laugh (sorry!)... Surely there would have been an easier way to get those burley firemen to visit!! 🚒 

So pleased you're feeling well! 🎀💗🌸

ElliesMum....I don't do ironing or hoovering when I'm well! I was really just telling Fiona what I'd been advised!! Hahaaaa... My hubby does it! We bought a new vacuum cleaner about 10 months ago...I don't think I've even plugged it in!! 😂😂😂

Good luck with your presentation...I'm sure you'll be fabulous! 

Sar_ah...I bet you can't wait for rads to be over! 💪🏼🎀

How are you Fiona? Hope your arm is behaving! 💪🏼🎀

Whilst my physiotherapist gave me good advice, she did say I could "potter about a bit"... I did far too much pottering yesterday...I nearly had to sit on someone's garden wall on my way back from the lottie!!!! My legs wouldn't work!!! 😳🚶🏽

And, strangely enough, my BCN was right too...she said If you do too much you'll certainly feel it in your chest.... I definitely did!!!! 😳👙

I won't be doing much flipping pottering today!! 🎀

Have a good day Ladies 💗🌸🎀 x

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Oh yes and rub that Jamaican black castor oil on bonces before you shampoo, that’ll help bring it back nice and thick 👍👍

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Badboob 😂🤣😂🤣sorry but that’s funny 🤣😂😂😂🤣glad you are ok and at least all your neighbours will now call you the crazy pyromaniac lady now 👍👍👍Fi, I had those ridges on my fingernails too from chemo, I just kept sticking nice polishes on till they gee out. My toe nails that took a hammering are still regrowing 15 months after chemo 🙄Ellie’s mum, you’ll be fine, you are strong and amazing and you’ll have no problem knocking the presentation out the park, have a dry run in front of Dd get her toys lined up too, so when you do actual presentation you can think of everyone as dd’s toys and relax as you do it 👍👍😘😘aneebel and everyone else 💕💕✨✨Shi xx

Community Champion

Haha Badboob I cannot believe that you literally had the fire brigade come to your house - and that you didn’t send them on to Aneeebel! 🙈 😂 🔥 👩‍🚒  I laughed out loud! On a more serious note, though, I’m relieved that you’re ok and that the fence was the only casualty. Do be careful!!! 👍

Aneeebel, it sounds like your physio is very sensible. I didn’t listen and did too much too soon, which meant it took longer to recover (and ended up delaying chemo) 🤦‍♀️ - and I didn’t have an ANC, which will be an added complication for you to recover from. Plenty of time for housework when you’re better! At least you’re allowed to lift your cup of tea ☕️ 

Fiona, I’m so sorry to hear that you’re having ongoing issues with fluid build-up. It sounds incredibly frustrating!!! 😤🤬 Do you at least have some decent painkillers? Not that there’s nothing wrong with a glass of wine or two! 🍷

My nails are slowly recovering. I too keep them short, but have given up with nail polish (it drives me crazy if it’s not perfect 🤷‍♀️). I have bands of different colours across all of my fingernails, but it is slowly starting to grow out. The nails are also far less sore than they were; I can do up fiddly buttons on toddler clothing now! 👍 However, I have a partially lifted and badly infected big toe nail... I’ve had four courses of antibiotics but nothing is helping so I’ll have to have the nail off so they can treat the nail bed directly. It’s revolting!

Great to hear from you, Sar_ah! Best of luck with the end of radiotherapy 😘🤗💐

I’m off to sleep now. Still a bit fatigued, if I’m honest, but trying not to overdo things at work. I’m presenting at a conference on Thursday, which will be interesting... I’ve not given a research seminar since diagnosis, so I will undoubtedly be rusty. Also, I will know most of the other 50 or so people there... the majority of whom have no idea I’ve had cancer. My hair (or lack thereof) may be a bit of a giveaway though. At least I have a fairly even coverage now. I will be very pleased when my presentation is over. Not sure how I’m going to avoid falling asleep at the formal dinner afterwards though! 🙈😂

Love to you all xox💕

Oh lovely ladies 💕 badboob I probably should not be laughing but that really did make me laugh!! Sounds like you were helping keep the fireman in business if you ask me Smiley Wink 

Fiona, sounds like you are having a pretty c*** time to say the least, I hope you find balance soon, and maybe get some guidance on what you can do now and maybe in a few weeks time. 

I finish rads next Monday, although I still have hardly any hair and no eyelashes or eyebrows so I continue to draw them of and print them on yoga mats 🤣

Evening everyone, 

So lovely to hear from you Sarah, hope you are getting on ok with all this BC nonsense.

Fiona, I am so sorry that you are still having problems, it’s the pits! Especially if it is causing you to feel so down. We just want to be better don’t we! Anyway I hope it all starts to clear up really soon. I feel a bit of a fraud, or just really lucky. I am feeling so much better!

I have hair starting to sprout on my head, nearly a five o’clock shadow, well maybe three o’clock,  eyes lashes and brows that look like black heads and most annoying my top lip and chin! As for my nails they are still disgusting, but underneath they are starting to grow back . I have made an appointment at my dentist to see what damage chemo has done to my pegs!

Now! Who mentioned firemen! I have a confession to make......please don’t  laugh......but I am in the dog house with DH .............well, I decided to have a bonfire as during the winter so much rubbish has built up in the garden and this weekend is the first time I have felt up to it. Well to cut a very long story short, I manage to set fire to the compost heap and the fence.............and had to be rescued by the fire brigade! DH was out at the time and arrived back to see the fire engine out side the house complete with flashing blue light...........he was NOT amused.......my neighbour was very good about the damage and the fire men were just lovely! I was very apologetic, they  admitted it was there only job today so far and were pleased to get out! But, I clean forgot to ask them to pop round to yours Aneeebel, sorry 😉. 

Enough of my nonsense! 

Hugs

Community Champion

Fiona...I was told by my physiotherapist not to lift anything heavier than 2 cups of water... no ironing.. no hoovering.. no nothing really.. altho, that's probably got a lot to do with my mx too I guess!

Did no-one give you any advice as to what you can lift or carry? 💪🏼

I wonder if the different chemos affect hair re-growth differently...I guess they will! I've probably had the one that stops yr hair growing for 20 years knowing my luck!!! 🙄

🎀

Community Champion

Aneeebel, I'm so pleased to hear your hair is growing at last Smiley Very Happy It really does make you feel better, doesnt it, knowing that things are turning round.

Yes, the bcn actually gave me the cushion and it does help. I've been sleeping with a pillow which has helped but I'd probably look a bit daft walking round with it under my arm at work Smiley Tongue

My armpit quite literally blows up like a balloon but I'm going to have to work out the balance between pain and healing. I'm sure I'll get there, its just frustrating in the meantime. i'm fed up of being in pain.  I think I'm also doing too much because I'm a bit impatient and don't feel ill so want to get back to some kind of normal. Hubby says I shouldn't even be opening heavy doors Smiley Very Happy

Anyway, enough of moaning.

I hope you are all ok, lovely ladies xx

Fiona xxx

Community Champion

Oh no Fiona.. What a shame you're having trouble with your arm...

You would have been better with a drain in! Mind you, they don't leave them in for ages...I had my two in for 13 days which is considered a long time, although they were draining quite a lot of fluid every day! 

Do you find the heart shaped cushion helps? I have 2 but I don't walk around holding them... Did the nurse recommend the cushion? 💙

My wound gets quite tight and the side of my body at the edge of the wound but there's not a lot to see...my physiotherapist said its fluid building up and my body has to learn how to disperse the fluid as I have no lymph nodes! My armpit is still completely numb...and my skin is still painful! 

The firemen would have to be very gentle with me..... 🚒🐮🐷🚒

i cant help you with your nails...I was on a different regime to you! 💉

My hair is growing at last....not as fast as yours (from the pic)... 

Hope you feel better soon....good call on the vino! 🍷

How are you Badboob? 🎀

Hows work ElliesMum? 🎀 

Sar_ah...is this your last week for rads? 🎀

Have a nice evening Ladies 🎀💗🌸 x

Community Champion

I still can't get the image of you, Aneeebel, on the floor waiting for your burly firemen 😂

I hope you've all had a good weekend, the sunshine certainly makes a difference doesn't it 🌞

Well, I had to succumb again and get drained off today, another 250ml 😲I'm now the proud owner of a heart shaped cushion as my new best friend 😉💜 Apparently, while it keeps getting drained it doesn't get chance to heal itself. But the pain is too much if I don't get it drained. This bit to me is as bad as chemo. I hope the rest of you are ok and not suffering this.  To enable me to cope I've had to resort to a glass of 🍷 I know, it's not good but needs must 🤣

Question for you Ladies. How are your nails doing? Mine are horrible and I can see when I changed from FEC to T. Are any of you using ordinary polish or water based? I'm keeping them short as they're so horrible to look at but just wondered how we're all getting on? 💅

And hair? I think I'm getting some eyelashes,  eyebrows, lady garden and the patches at the front of my head are slowly filling in. I'm using the Lush New shampoo bar recommended by Shi and its good. I don't know if that's why it's doing ok on my head 👍🏻

I even went naked head on Saturday in public 😲 so brave of me. I wasn't comfortable but my head was too hot in the beanie. 

Sending you all bug hugs 🤗🎀🤗🎀

💜Fiona xxx

Haha never Aneeebel Smiley Happy 

Community Champion

Thank goodness it was a strawberry that made you think of me Sar_ah...

it could have been worse!!!! 🍓🍓🍓🍓🍓

Hope you're all well 🎀🌻

Morning ladies, sorry (again!!) for me poor uptake on actually replying, although I have been dipping in and out to catch up i just never seem to get round to replying! 

I hope you’ve all had a lovey weekend and everyone’s boobies have behaved Smiley Wink 

its beautiful and sunny here, hope your all having similar weather! Even made it out to battle the carnage of the garden at the weekend, I think Aneeebel and her Lottie are what gave me the incentive Smiley Happy) my daughter came home from the childminders with a strawberry plant they’ve been growing on Friday and It made me think of you Aneeebel 🤣

i hope you all have a lovely lovely day xx

Community Champion

Happy Mothering Sunday to you too, Aneeebel, and to all of you ladies who play a significant mothering role in the lives of others - be it as a step mother, godmother, aunt... You’re all wonderfully strong women and should be celebrated! 💕🤗💐

Love and gentle hugs to you all! Xox😘

Community Champion

💗😘🌷🎀 Happy Mothers Day to all you lovely Mums... If your Mum is no longer with us... think Happy Thoughts! Have a fabulous day Ladies! 🎀🌷😘💗    

Community Champion

Hi Kip... I was actually thinking that...although, I might order one but ask for a skin tone colour!! 👙🎀

Thanks for thinking of me x 👙😘🌸

Kip Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Anneebel... sorry for butting into your conversation.  I have Knitted Knockers too... love them.  If you need a waterproof one all you need to do is take out the stuffing from one and pop one of those shower scrunchies inside.  I do it for swimming and its excellent, you just wring it out at the end and it doesn't absorb the water!

Kip

xx

Community Champion

Oh...you're a brain box Fiona... I never thought about the Knitted Knocker!! Hahaaa!

I'm so dateless sometimes!!! I've even got a 'softee' from the hospital too!!!!

Yes, I've got two KK's...one is green and one is pale blue! I need a waterproof one for when I'm floating around in the sea when we go to Greece! 👙🌞

As as far as I know...I think you can drive sooner than 6 weeks after a WLE! 🚙

My arm is quite painful, both my skin and inside my arm...as is the skin on my shoulder blade... Which is due to nerve damage as you know...💪🏼

Have a good day x 💗

Community Champion

Hi MBJ

I started chemo in October, had my last one on 25/01/19... I was on TCH and Pertuzumab which was pretty harsh! I had a single Mx and full node clearance on 6th March, so I'm still recovering from my operation, no recon as yet as I'll be having radiotherapy!

I started Letrozole 12 days ago but I feel okay on them...I was a bit dubious about taking them as I've read lots of negative things but I don't feel any different in myself to be honest! I'm am prone to side effects from medication so hopefully I'll continue to feel okay on them! 💪🏼🎀

Can you not contact your BCN just for a bit of reassurance? You can't be the only person to have declined chemo but you've still had cancer....that's what they're there for isn't it! 

Hopefully you'll find the Moving Forward course helpful...you'll have to let us know how you get on! 

All the best x 🎀💗👙

Community Champion

Thanks Aneeebel, I certainly hope it is. Do I seem calm? Maybe I am because while the wound may be open it's now just a pin prick of a hole and any fluid coming out is healing it. That's my thinking anyway, I may be completely wrong but everyone who's looked it says it's clean and no sign of infection. I don't think I've got my boobs out this often since never 😉

That's something else I forgot to ask about - driving. I'm going to do a test run this weekend I think and see how I get on. Providing the fluid doesn't build up I should be ok. I've still got a tingling sensation though in my arm which I presume is the nerve damage trying to repair itself.

Ibandronic is the name of the tablets I'm on, the bisphosophonate. I wasn't given a choice of tablet or injection. I think your drip may be Zoledronate? 

As for your fitting, what about your knitted knocker ? I love that name, it makes me giggle 😁 I bet you've got a couple of brightly coloured ones haven't you? 😎

Enjoy Sainsbury's. I hope your hubby is better behaved than mine when we go shopping 😂 He does more walking than me because he wanders from one end to the other and back to the beginning instead of being logical 🤣

🎀🤗🎀🤗

💜Fiona xxx