cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

October 2018 Chemo starters

Re: October 2018 Chemo starters

Hi Sar_ah....it is bloody scary....we're bound to have 'moments' when we think we're going to lose our marbles! Hope you feel a bit better today....now you've had chance to think about things! 🎀😘🌼

I feel soooooooooooo sick... That's what happened at the hospital yesterday...went  ridiculously hot and sweaty and nauseous...it wasn't particularly the Echo...I just can't walk anywhere without feeling ill! And my stomach has decided to go dodgy!!!! 💩💩💩💩💩 Where's the Loperomide!!!! 😳😫

ElliesMum...how are you doing? Hope the s/e are being kind to you! 🎀💐

💜Fiona and Badboob... Hopefully you're doing okay.... 🎀💐

Its snowed overnight in Preston.... I don't think I'll be building a snowman but it looks quite nice through the window!!!! ⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️

Have a good day everyone, take care xx 😘

💗💪🏼💗💪🏼💗💪🏼💗

Morning ladies,
Badboob I hope yesterday went well Smiley Happy one step closer 💪🏻💪🏻
Elliesmum and Aneeebel how are you both feeling now?
Aneeebel hope your feeling better after your echocardiogram! Sounds like quite the experience!
Fiona that’s fantastic that they’ve got dates for your surgery and rads and have these to work to Smiley Happy it’s good that they’ve got this to help through the stages Smiley Happy)
We had the consultant yesterday to discuss what happens following chemo and I think everything just hit me, we got back to the car and I just cried most of the way home Smiley Sad I don’t even know why, everything has happened so fast and now there’s time to reflect back, it’s scary. I feel overwhelmed by this feeling that I need to do something, I don’t know what, something out of my comfort zone, big or make a change! ...... I think maybe I’m having a mid treatment crisis 🤦🏼‍♀️😂

Wow Fiona... Lots of info, but good that you know where you're up to! 🎀💗 And fab news about your rads...glad it's going to be easier for you! 

I'm waiting for my appointment to come through the post!

Ive been for my echocardiogram this afternoon.... I decided, in my infinite wisdom, to go on my own....how the heck I didn't pass out I really don't know!!! I went so nauseous and unwell and as white as a ghost... 😳😳😳

All the best Sar_ah... Thinking of you X 🎀

Hopefully, all you lovely Ladies are well....

Stay strong X 💪🏼😘🎀

💗💪🏼💗💪🏼💗💪🏼💗

Badboob, ì hope it's gone well today, take care and get some rest 😴
Aneeebel and ElliesMum, I hope you're both ok too and the s/e are being kind to you.
Sar_ah, good luck for your chemo, I think it's this week?

I've got my surgery date, 13 March 😲 We met with the surgeon today and then came away armed with various appts! MRI, results follow up, pre op and surgery. And the good news is that I can have rads done at Derby rather than Sheffield, so a better commute for me. That apparently is 8 - 10 weeks after surgery so June time. Having these dates is helping me tremendously, I really do feel I can see light at the end of the tunnel 😁👍🏻

Ladies, I hope you're all well. It's pretty grim here in Derbyshire at the moment, slight snow but mainly rain and so cold.
Take care and stay 💪💪
💜Fiona xxx

Good luck Badboob, one more down! 👍💪 Best wishes for your chemo this week too, Sar_ah. Woohoo! 🥳

Kept strong ladies, we’re all almost there now! 👊💐💕

Good Luck Badboob! Hope all goes well! 💪🎀 xx

💗💪💗💪💗💪💗

Good luck today Badboob 🤞🏻 Have you got just one more after today? You're almost there, woohoo 😉
💜Fiona xxx

Badboob...you'll have to put your "big coat on" like we do Up North!!! Lol! 🧥🧤🧣

It's a glorious day in Preston...pity I have zero energy to do anything!!
I might have a shower and get dressed... and take it from there!!!
Altho...my temperature seems to be on the rise...keep everything crossed my cough doesnt develop into full blown man flu!!!! 🙄🙄🙄

Won't it be fabulous when the s/e have gone!!
Keep your chin up Ladies... 🥀🏵💐🌷

💗💪💗💪💗💪💗

Lol 🤣 you lovely ladies make me laugh and cry at the same time 🤗
Badboob, glad you're feeling a bit better today. I seem to be in the same frame of mind, wanting to do some housework while I'm on top of my game 👍🏻
ElliesMum, both you and Aneeebel have gone through your fair share of s/e, I've had very few in comparison for which I'm so grateful. I admire you both for enduring so much 🤗🤗
Hope you all enjoy your day.
💜Fiona xxx

Morning everyone! 

Glad we are all trying to be positive this bright Monday morning😉. Nice to hear from you again Sar_ah, sorry to hear you are having other issues, just goes to show that life doesnt give us a break while we are dealing with this cancer rubbish!

My day will be trying to shove 3 litres of water down me so we don’t have to play “hunt the vein” tomorrow 😂 and I am going to blitz the house so that I don’t have to bother when I’m feeling rubbish. But no doubt I will have to sit down for a bit to catch my breath at some point. I got DH to get a load of logs in from the shed yesterday, not without some moaning...bless him😘 so I can get the wood burner fired up when the snow is excepted here on Wednesday and just chill out! (Don’t tell Mr Gove) I can feel you northern people roll your eyes about us soft southerners making such a fuss about a few centimetres of snow. 😂 But we love it! Hopefully there will be enough snow to go for a nice walk across the fields and enjoy the winter scene. 

Right, I must get out of bed and clean the bathroom!

Hugs x 

Thanks, Jencat, I really appreciate you asking Ali about the T+herceptin side effects! (It was my second T+herceptin dose.) I also felt sick/nauseous last time, but put that down to being a bit generally unwell (blood counts were low and only just managed to talk my way into going ahead with chemo). I’ll speak with the unit and see what they say. 👍 On the plus side, I’m feeling a bit better this morning so far. Got some sleep last night, which definitely helped. Walked my little one to nursery without fainting or having to lie down by the side of the road. Winning! 😂💕

Good to hear from you, Sar_ah! Do you have your final round of chemo later this week? Almost there! 🤞💐 Best of luck with your chemo cycle too, Badboob. One more down! I hope the side effects are kind to you both!!!

Fiona, I think we all go through patches of feeling better and worse during our chemo cycles - I certainly know that I do. You shouldn’t feel guilty at all! You’ve found what works for you (and have put up with a lot of crap side effects to get to this point - including an extended stay in hospital), and that’s brilliant. I truly hope it continues to be tolerable for you until you finish!!!🤞😘

Take care, Aneeebel. Once we ride out this last rubbish lot of side effects, there is no more to come. Woohoo! 🥳💕

Xox

Morning All
Aneeebel, thank you, yes I'm still improving and feel good actually. I'm glad to hear you had a lazy day yesterday. I think perhaps our bodies are finding it harder each cycle and thats why I had 2 duvet days last week 😉 Do take care and rest as much as you can 😴
Badboob, hope you're ok today and ready for your session tomorrow 🤞🏻
ElliesMum, did you manage to get some sleep? I hope you're feeling better too. But don't forget, ring that helpline if you need to.
Sar_ah, good to hear from you again, I hope you're ok. What a shame your son is having problems at school, 🤞🏻he's ok. Is your last chemo this week?
I feel a bit guilty that I feel ok when you all seem to be suffering at the moment one way or another. I guess that's just the timing of our cycles.
It's supposed to be a bright but cold day today so I'm off for a walk round the town later this morning.
Take care ladies and stay 💪💪
Big hugs 🤗🤗
💜Fiona xxx

Thank you Aneeebel. I hope you all have a lovely day and feel well xx

Morning Ladies.... 🎀🎀

Thankyou Sar_ah for thinking about us....

I'm sure you've got enough on your plate at the moment, hopefully things will improve soon! 

ElliesMum... How are you feeling? 

💜Fiona...hope you're continuing to feel well! 

What about you Badboob...how are you? 

I didnt do anything yesterday...unbelievably tired... Slonked about all day and went to bed at 8.30!!! 😴💤😴💤😴

Have a good day everyone, stay strong! 😘💐

💗💪🏼💗💪🏼💗💪🏼💗

Apparently Elliesmum the first dose is a loading dose, which means it a double dose and Ali said you should let your unit know you've been feeling so rough-if you want to know more I'm sure Ali49 would be happy to help x

Elliesmum, I asked on the Oct '17 thread for you about Herceptin+T and Ali49 has replied and said you need to let your unit know, apparently the first dose is a double one xx

I’m so sorry I don’t know if I’m replying in the right place......it would appear chemo brain has now completely taken hold!!
Sorry I haven’t read messages in a long time! We’ve had my son and school to deal with which has been a little pants!
A big congratulations Elliesmum and anabeeel on finishing chemo! I hope the se disappear soon and your able to go out and enjoy such a massive achievement Smiley Happy))
The information re genetic testing sounds interesting! Good luck to all those having it xx

Yay for you feeling better, Fiona! 👍💕 Please do take it easy, Aneeebel and Badboob. I’m still feeling rubbish, but I’m in a surprisingly good mood despite this. It’s the last round! 💪 It will only last a week or two, then these horrible side effects will all be behind us. Woohoo! 🥳💕😘

Blimey, Aneeebel, it sounds like you and ElliesMum are so trying to make your last cycle fraught with danger! Take care and don't do too much. Listen to your body.
Big hugs 🤗🤗
💜Fiona xxx

I don't feel too bad at the moment Thankyou 💜Fiona... Just a bit nauseous  and so tired/airy fairy....  although, I have been awake since 4 am!!! 😳😴

I'm currently slonking in bed trying to decide if I have the energy to go to my allotment for a walk!! Can I be bothered!!! 

I also appear to be developing a cough/cold....I just hope it's not my hubbys man flu!!!! 🙄🤒😷😳

Take care everyone X 🎀

💗💪🏼💗💪🏼💗💪🏼💗

ElliesMum, do take care and definitely keep an eye on that temperature. You've come so far and gone through so much, it would be awful if you're not so well on your last cycle 💐💐
Aneeebel, I hope you're ok too and not suffering too much with s/e, and good to hear your granddaughter is ok.
I'm well, thanks. From Friday, I've been like a different person, full (?) of energy and positivity 😉 I'd love to go out running but my body won't be able to anymore so my mind is already turning to the end of chemo and eating healthy and getting fit again 💃
It's a lovely sunny day in the Derbyshire Dales so a short walk with hubby is called for 👍🏻
Take care all of you lovely ladies, we're almost there, that finish line is in sight 🎉
💜Fiona xxx

Thanks ladies! My temp is ok for the moment (a little high but nothing to worry about yet). I’ll keep an eye on it. Maybe it was just something I ate last night? Who knows!?! I promise to take it easy today.

I hope you all have a lovely Sunday! Xox

Elliesmum, I'm so sorry to hear that you're feeling so poorly. I can't help re sickness with T+herceptin as I only had T on it's own and tbh I wasn't sick at all on FEC or T. (I'm only just realising how very fortunate I was) I'll ask on the Oct'17 thread and see if I can find out any info from there for you xx

Oh Elliesmum how scary for you! I didnt have any nausea with T, but was warned that EC would make me sick. They gave me Emend to take. In the end I can only say it was very mild. 

my only observation is that as we are all full of chemo drugs we don’t know how our poor battered  bodies are taking the strain. I have woken  this morning with my limbs feeling as though they are ten times heavier than normal and had to drag myself out of bed to go to the loo! And I am meant to be at the top of my cycle! 😂😂. Please take your temperature to make sure you haven’t got a fever as your sickness may be due to something else! 

Let us know how you get on.

Hugs x

Oh no Elliesmum... hope you feel better soon! I'm on different chemo to you so I can't give you any advice unfortunately!
And yes, take your temp!!!
Thinking of you x 🎀

💗💪💗💪💗💪💗

Good morning lovely ladies,

Alas, I had a terrible night last night. 🤦‍♀️ Felt so unwell and nauseous! It was like the first night after FEC all over again, except I’m on T + herceptin now!?! I really have no idea why I felt so rough. Almost called the chemo line (I had already taken every side effect medication I have on hand - including oramorph). The only reason I didn’t was that I had no way of getting myself to the hospital in case they said to come in! (Hubby took our little one up north to his parents yesterday to help them sort out a leaking boiler.) The idea was that I would get an uninterrupted night of sleep at home by myself. 😂 Oh well. I did finally get to sleep in the early hours of the morning. Even though I still feel a bit rubbish now, I feel much better than I did last night. I’ll check my temp as soon as I get up to be safe, but I’m hoping the worst has passed.

Has any one else had horrific nausea and vomiting on the T part of the cycle?

Good idea to wait until the S/E pass before celebrating, Jencat! I will be following your advice! 👍

Xox 💕💪💐😘

Morning Ladies.... (very early morning!! 😂)
My Grandaughter was fine after the dog disappeared but she was so terrified...she loves their dog with her whole heart and was so worried...little darling! 💗
Thank you for thinking of us!

Thank you Jencat x 🎀

I still haven't had my bottle of beer to celebrate my last chemo...I fell asleep on the settee and couldn't be bothered when I woke up! 🍾🍸 😴
My hubby had disappeared when I woke up too...went to the pub! I have no recollection of him telling me he was going out....Maybe I should fall asleep more often!! 😂😂 🍺🍺

How are you doing Elliesmum? 🎀 x
Are you ok 💜Fiona?
Not long now for all you other Ladies!!! 🎉🎉🎉

Have a good day everyone... stay strong!

💗💪💗💪💗💪💗

Elliesmum, you could always celebrate the end of chemo at the end of this cycle and you're finished with se's Smiley Happy x

Thanks, Jencat!

I hope you and your granddaughter are alright after your encounter with the unattended (and terrifying-sounding) dog, Aneeebel! 🐕 Good work protecting your granddaughter and her little dog, and taking charge of the situation. I hope it didn’t spoil your day!

I hope that all of you wonderful ladies are having a good weekend. 💪💕💐😘 xox

Congratulations Elliesmum and Aneeebel Smiley Happy x

Wow WhyteFawn, that doesn't seem possible that it's over a year since you finished chemo! (I was a bit behind all the Oct '17 ladies) Hope you're doing well Smiley Happy xx

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Aneebel, that sounds terrifying hope your granddaughter and jack russel ok, that needs reporting to police, it could be a child they might attack next time. Glad the bird watch went well but sorry to hear about after. 😘😘💕💕✨✨Shi xx

Thank you Whytefawn... x 😘

Hope you stay well Elliesmum... fingers and toes crossed! 🎀

The Bird Watch went down well... and the picnic!! Lol!
Apart from a huge Doberman came dashing over to see my grandog... my poor Grandaughter was trembling because once before when we were out two staffie dogs attacked her dog... Poor Lexie was completely panic struck! She was holding her Jack Russell in the air! (I obvs took the dog off her!) Bloody owner was nowhere to be seen!! 🐶💗

Stay strong ladies!! 💪

💗💪💗💪💗💪💗

Hi everyone. Just wanted to say how fantastic you all are getting through your chemo cycles you are where I was 12 months ago. My let chemo was 19th Jan 2018. Before you know it you'll be a year down the line too!
All the best for those going for surgery next. I had my single mx after chemo and it was a lot easier then going through chemo.
Love to all
WhyteFawn x

Congratulations ElliesMum, I'm so pleased for you 🍾
🤞🏻the s/e are good to you this cycle, do take care 💪👭
💜Fiona xxx

Aneeebel, it sounds a great day, nothing wrong with the simple things in life. Enjoy 🤣😙
💜Fiona xxx

Hello wonderful women on the Oct 2018 thread 😊💕

Thanks Aneeebel! So glad to hear that your final cycle went ahead without a hitch! I also decided to delay celebrating last night as I was sooo tired after chemo finished. I was in bed by 7.30! 🙈 I’m feeling ok now; not great, not terrible. Trying to keep on top of all of the meds to manage the side effects before they really hit hard... fingers crossed that helps! Hope the bird watching goes well with your lovely granddaughter and your picnic is full of yummy treats! 😘

Fiona, I am indeed so pleased to be finished! Not too long for you and Badboob now! I hope the next few weeks pass quickly and the side effects are kind to you. It sounds like the reduced dose has helped a bit, which is good.👍

Thanks for ringing the bell for me, Shi! 🔔 No bell in our unit, but I was happy celebrating with cake (and less fuss) anyway! 🥳🎂

I hope you all have a fabulous weekend! Xox 💐💕💪

Good Morning Ladies.... Hope you're all well! 🎀

Thankyou for all your lovely messages....chemo went smoothly, although I went so nauseous and headachey when I got home... My hubby has had Man Flu...I just hope I'm not coming down with that!!! 🤒🤒🤒 I didn't even drink my celebratory bottle of beer....was in bed at 8.30!! 😴😴

You'll all be on your last chemos soon....it's a marvellous feeling!! 🎉🎉🎉

With regards to my mastectomy...I'm slowly coming to terms with it, a lot of screaming going on inside my head but I know it's for the best! Still gutted tho!!! 💔

Thankyou everyone for thinking of me! Just got to wait for my surgery date to come through now!! 😥

ElliesMum... I hope everything went okay for you yesterday... (I did put a message on here for you... I don't want you to think I'd forgotten it was your last chemo too!!! 🎉🎉🎉) Fingers crossed the side effects are kind to you x 💪🏼🎀

Shi....thanks for ringing the bell!!! 🛎🛎🛎🎉🎉🎉

Have a good day everyone... My Grandaughter and I are off to do The Birdwatch later...binoculars are at the ready!! Ha! 🐦 No doubt we'll be taking a picnic with us too... We live life on the edge!! Simple things suit us tho.... 💗👧🏼👵🏼 X

💗💪🏼💗💪🏼💗💪🏼💗

ElliesMum and Aneeebel, I hope today went well for you both and that you're celebrating that final chemo 🍾🍾 Woohoo 😁 I'm so pleased for you both that you're at the end of this stage. Stay safe for the next couple of weeks.
🤗🤗🤗
💜Fiona xxx
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

🛎🛎🛎🛎🛎💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻😁😁😁😁😁Oct 18 ladies are crossing the chemo finish line whooop whhoooppp 💃🏻💃🏻🕺💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉enjoy it ladies and we’re all in the finish line cheering the rest of you on 💪💪💪💪👭👭👭👭👭yeeehhhhh 😁😁😁💕💕💕✨✨✨✨Shi xx

Thanks Fiona and Badboob, I’m so excited to be finishing with chemo today. So happy for you too, Aneeebel, for making it all the way through six cycles. Woohoo! 🥳 You’ll be heading for your last session before you know it, Fiona and Badboob. You’ve got this!

I too have had sore nails this cycle. I have found that moisturising my hands, using bio-oil on the nails and keeping them short and painted a dark colour has helped. I have no discolouration, but my nails are thinner and the ends of the nails are a little tender. Doing up buttons on size 1 clothes with a wriggling little person has beaten me a few times! 😂 Hopefully it won’t get any worse and you find something that helps, Badboob.

I hope everyone has a fabulous weekend! Xox 😘💕💪💐

Badboob, so pleased to hear it's on for you on Tuesday, I'll be thinking about you.

Like you, it's proposed I have a lumpectomy and like you, and doubtless every woman who has or had bc, I'm terrified of it coming back. I can't begin to imagine what it does to the mind having a mx and I don't want to even say I do. I think I'm shutting out my surgery until I've done with chemo. I need to deal with one 💩 at a time.

Aneeebel, shout and scream and cry and talk, do whatever you have to do, but you CAN face this. I dread to think what my boob will look like after a chunk has been taken out. There's not much there to start with 🤣 My bc consultant asked me my cup size and when I said B she said "oh quite small". I wasn't quite sure how to take that comment 🤔 Hubby hasn't made that comment before 😉

As for nails, Badboob, I've noticed that mine get sore from about day 5 on T but they're getting better. It's best for me to keep them short which seems to lessen the soreness. I don't seem to have much discoloration, other than from when my vein was inflamed on cycle 2 which has created a dark mark on 2 nails, a bit like a bruise. It must be awful for you not being able to use your fingers. I did struggle to open the ice cream tub a couple of days ago but I think I can manage it today 😂

Take care ladies, stay positive and 💪 We can do this, we're almost there 🥂
💜Fiona xxx

Aneeebel, thank you, I'm on the up now I think 🤞🏻Still taking the pills and I read somewhere about pineapple helping to lessen the chalky taste so I'm trying that 😁
💜Fiona xxx

Good luck ladies on your last chemo today🚀🎈🎈🎉🎉⚡️⚡️. I will be thinking of you. Saw my oncologist yesterday so go to go with no 6 on Tuesday! 

Aneeebel, I really feel for you and your op. I really don’t understand why some of us are recommended just a lumpectomy and others a mx! I asked my surgeon three times was he sure that a lumpectomy was ok rather than a mx, he was clear that a mx was unnecessary, so I think we must trust the experts. But I can imagine how you are feeling now. ☹️ But, I am terrified that this horrid disease will return and if a mx was going to stop that then I would have no hesitation. 

Hows everyone’s nails? Mine are DISGUSTING! I have to tape five of them every day and I rub bio oil into them. I am finding it hard to use my fingers which is really peeing me off ( sorry for the language 🙀) . 

Anyway, sending hugs to you all. 

Thanks 💜Fiona.... Hope you're well  x 🎀🌼

Best of luck to you both, Aneeebel and ElliesMum. Get that poster made, shout it from the rooftops, whatever you need to do to celebrate that final chemo (I'm soooo jealous).
Thinking of you both today.
🍾🍾🥂🥂🎂🎂🍦🍦👭👭👭💐💐
💜Fiona xxx

Hi Elliesmum....
Today's "THE" day....
Final chemo here 'We' come!!!
Hope everything goes well, I'll be thinking about you! 🎉💪🎀😁🛎💕👏🏻😘 xx

💜Fiona...how are you doing? Hopefully you're still feeling pretty good! 🎀

Have a good day everyone.... 🎀
(I'm off to make my poster!! 😂😂😂)

💗💪💗💪💗💪💗

Shi...that makes perfect sense...if anything makes you feel better then go for it!
Apart from the Op...I'm gutted I have to have my breast removed! I love my boob...we've been together a long time!! 😢 👙
I'll get my head together eventually... but I doubt I'll be watching videos tho! I'm not that brave! 💪🎀
Thanks again x 😘
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Aneebel 😘😘anytime darling. I googled the same op and watched a video prior to mine for me it gave me peace because I knew what would be happening while I was under, hope that doesn’t sound too strange, I just needed to see and know what bandages etc would look like after so I was prepared if that makes any sense. 😘😘💕💕✨✨Shi xx

Hi Shi....Thankyou for thinking of me and for all the info!

I have got my knitted knockers... I forgot about the front opening Pj's tho! 🙄

And you're right about the chemo...definately not a walk in the park! It hasn't liked me since Day 1... My Oncologist actually cancelled No 5 and No 6 as I'd been so poorly...however, No 4 was 'relatively' kind to me so they were rebooked! No 6 tomorrow!!!! Thank goodness!!! Along with ElliesMum! 🎉💪🏼

I wont be going to Wacky Warehouse so the ball pit is safe!! Hahaaaa!

I'll look at the Someone like Me option x

Thankyou for caring xx 😘 🎀