Re: October 2018 Chemo starters

Oooh another one down Fiona... 💪💪

Hopefully you won't have any s/e! X 💗💪
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Fi 👍👍well done darling, sorry to hear about reaction, it’s happened to a few of us, mishy18 switched to abraxane and was ok on that and I reacted to 2nd t so I whussed our on abraxane and could have kissed my onc when they let me go back to fec for my last 6th chemo. Keep close eye on yourself lovely and if you feel strange even with no temp, please ring your rapid response, t can be a bit of a dragon 🐉 keep the fluids going and if you get squirty bum up the carbs, I was living off bread rolls during the 2 t cycles, but always phone unit so they can assess you ❤️❤️❤️ And that’s another one ticked off 😁😁😁home straight now lovely you are all doing amazing 💪💪💪💪all treat yourselves to a bit of online shopping 🤪🤪🤪🤪if oh’s Moan say you must have done it because the steroids 😂🤣😂🤣😂that’s what we blamed our spending genders on 👍💕💕✨✨✨Shi xx

Well done, Fiona, one more done! 👍

First T done, took longer than expected as I had an almost immediate reaction. But the nurses jumped into action, got the anti histamine drugs etc into me and then all ok.
💜Fiona xxx

Thank you lovely ladies for your kind thoughts and support. We've arrived early as always and I'm getting pretty nervous about this one, it's fear of the unknown isn't it as it's the first T. I've had a few tears this morning already.😢 On the upside, it means I'm halfway through this phase 👍🏻

I know I couldn't do it without you all to sound off at and my husband and family. Only trouble is I feel guilty I'm letting my husband and family down by being ill in the first place and putting extra strain on them all when they all have enough to cope with 😣

It really is a pile of 💩 (yay, I found the symbol!).

Take care ladies and stay safe 💪💐🤗🤗
💜Fiona xxx

Hope it goes well today Fiona, thinking of you. Like Elliesmum says be prepared for the delayed side effects, get plenty of rest xx
Lovely day to you all Xx

Thinking of you today Fiona... hope the s/e are kind to you! 💗💪💗 x

Yay Fiona! Good news! 🤗 I hope that the tax side effects are kind to you. Be prepared for them to kick in after a few days. Let us know how you get on!

Xox 💪💐💕

Even better news, I've just had a phone call wanting to bring chemo forward to 9am tomorrow instead of 11am 😃 I much prefer as early as possible so that I'm not hanging around too much, just waiting to pass the time of day until we go in 😜

So fingers crossed T1 will be as good to me as FEC has been.

Thinking of you all and sending you all big hugs 🤗🤗

I'm off to put my war paint on before we go off to hubby's brother's for the afternoon.

Take care 💪💪💐💐

💜Fiona xxx

Good news Fiona... Hope you're feeling a bit better than you were! 🤒😷
(And thanks x 😘)

💗💪🏼💗💪🏼💗💪🏼💗

Hooray, T1 is on 👍🏻🤔
💜Fiona xxx

Aneeebel, no need to apologise for ranting to us. We all fully understand how you feel.

Thank you all for your good wishes. I'm feeling a bit better today. I've just had my blood test and now need to waste 1.5 hrs before onc. I really hope they let me have chemo tomorrow but I fear they'll say I'm not well enough. 🤞🏻

Take care lovely ladies and stay safe 💪💪💐💐
💜Fiona xxx

ElliesMum and Shi... Thank you x 😘 💗💪
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Aneebel 🤬🤯🤬🤯🤬🤯get it out on here anytime 😤😤😤 and also some 🐟🐟🐟face slapping when required helps too 😁There are breast cancer care pink ribbon walks happening around June 2019 if any of you fancy those? 💕💕✨✨✨Shi xx

Oh Aneeebel, please rant away! You’re not alone in feeling this way. I’m glad it’s not just me who feels like resorting to violence 🥊 when someone comments on how “well” I look when I’m having a bad day. It’s so frustrating!🤦‍♀️ Hopefully you can have a few quiet days at home where you don’t need to put on a brave face. Thinking of you! 😘💕

I hope tomorrow is ok for you with your husband back at work, Sar_ah. A half marathon in June sounds like a fabulous (one might say ambitious) goal!👊 Have you races over similar distances before? I used to do athletics competitively (pre-baby) but haven’t done any “proper” training in 6 months...🙈 Have you been able to do much on chemo?

Good luck with your appointment tomorrow, Fiona! Hope you’re starting to feel a bit better. 😘🤞💐xox

Hello Ladies... can i just say this...

All I've wanted to do for the last few days is cry... and scream... and yell... ignore every thing... ignore every body... hide away from everyone... instead of putting on a brave face!
A brave face with a bald bloody head at that!! 🤨🤨
And if anyone else tells me how well I look then I will definitely scream.... Looks are deceptive! Believe me! 💔

But... now I've had a rant (apologies.. But thanks for 'listening'😘)... I'll pick myself up and carry on... Because that's what I (normally) do... what we all do... because we have to... because we're "bigger" and "stronger" than bloody 💩 cancer... 💪💪

If I weren't on antibiotics I'd go out and get bloody drunk... 🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺

😘😘😘😘

💗💪💗💪💗💪💗

Hope you’ve all had a lovely Christmas and a bit of a break!
Fiona good luck for tomorrow and I hope you feel better soon Smiley Happy
My husbands back and work tomorrow and feeling a bit sad it’s back to reality Smiley Sad however I’ve got a few little projects around the house and a half marathon in June to keep me busy! Smiley Happy
Love to you all
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Yep aneebel if I had 2 readings over 37.5 I was on that phone, I didn’t wait for the 38. My unit were always pleased that I was monitoring temp and calling them straight away. Remember they are there to help and care about you and want you safely through too ❤️❤️❤️💕💕💕✨✨✨Shi xx

Hope you start to feel better Fiona...
and yes, ring the helpline if your temperature goes higher than 38...
(says she!! I was in massive trouble last week for not ringing!) -in fact, I was told that I'm supposed to ring the helpline to advise them if my temp goes above 37.5 so they can keep an eye on it.... they may not call me in but will make a note of it!! Noone has ever told me that before!

Stay strong xx 😘
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Fi, glad you phoned up, anything over 38 please get to a&E andcrung rapid response. Please mention to your onc tomorrow even if you are starting to feel better, it can be a disappointment if you get delayed chemo but best to ensure safely through darling ❤️❤️Keep focused have a sing and 💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻 You are all about reaching the ‘double dutch’ Malcolm mclaren song and video about now where it’s like you are all just in the gotta keep going mindset 👭👭👭👭and it does feel like a load of ‘double Dutch’ 💕💕✨✨✨Shi xx