cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

October 2018 Chemo starters

Re: October 2018 Chemo starters

Hi FiMillian, I can't begin to imagine how you must be feeling, I'm counting my cycles down 5 left, hopefully things will only get better now for you hopefully you'll manage to find away of putting this all behind you and look forward to lovely happy thoughts xx Good luck xx

Ahhh yes... good thinking Kitkat18... I hadnt thought of them being translucent! Still rather amusing tho! 😂👙

Hope your treatment is going well and the s/e are being kind to you!! 🎀

💗💪💗💪💗💪💗

Hi ladies, I have been reading your thread as you are just ahead of me and it’s very helpful to see the next stage. The Royal Stoke also uses cod liver caps, presumably cos they are translucent, but I was told it was so they could identify exactly where the nipples are. I will never view the caps quite the same again!😂😂

Wishing you all health and hugs x

Yippee.... you've finished chemo at last Fiona! Fingers crossed the s/e will be kind to you!! 🛎🛎🛎🛎 we'll ring the bell for you!! 🎉🎉🎉🤞🤞🤞 ( I didn't ring a bell either! In fact, the nurse went home before she even said bye to me! Rather odd!!!)

Have a fab w/e Ladies x 😘

💗💪💗💪💗💪💗

ElliesMum, we've got a weekend away at the end of this month, when I'm out of my danger zone 😁 There's no point trying to do anything for my first 2 weeks due to lack of energy, lack of taste buds and the inevitable oral thrush. My sister is coming down from Scotland next weekend so a little treat for me even though I won't be at the top of my game 🤔 

Again, have a great weekend 😘

💜Fiona xxx

Have a fantastic weekend in London, ElliesMum,  you deserve it 🤗

Sorry to hear you're in hospital Sar_ah 💐it seems this last chemo is not being kind to us so I'll be praying I don't pay another visit to Casa NHS.

I hope you and hubby are both improving Aneeebel, it can't be easy for you both 🤗

Hilarious about the cod liver oil capsule Badboob, a very strange way to identify which boob they're aiming at 🤣

So final chemo done, I was a bit teary actually 😢 What a relief not to have to do that again. I just need to get through these next few weeks as best i can and start to rebuild myself 😁  I didn't ring the bell, I don't like attention. The emotions made me tired so a 2 hr kip was called for 😫

Take care ladies 🤗🤗💪💪

💜Fiona xxx

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Sarah ❤️❤️You are in safest place for them to 🥊🥊🥊the infection, 👭👭👭we got you. 😁😁😁😁Fi 💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻 💪💪💪💪last Chemo for you today 🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪😁😁😁😁I’m so excited for you 🛎 🛎 🛎 ding, ding, ding 😁😁😁well done beautiful 😘😘💕💕✨✨✨Shi xx

So sorry to hear that you’re stuck in hospital, Sar_ah! At least you have a swanky private room. 👍 Hopefully you manage to get some rest and start to feel better soon. 🤞💐💕

Haha Badboob I did laugh when I realised that cod liver oil tablet went “on” you! 😂

It is very wet, windy and miserable in Oxford too, Aneeebel. I’m wishing I was working from home today (rather than in my office) as I don’t want to head outside again in this weather! ☔️ Your husband is very lucky he has you to look after him - but make sure you look after yourself first and foremost! 😘

Hope all goes well for today, Fiona! Are you marking or celebrating your final chemo in anyway? 🥳💐🎈

xox 😊💕

Oh no Sar_ah....sorry to hear you're in hospital! Hope you feel better soon! You may be discharged in time to go to Bournemouth but you may not feel well enough! Fingers crossed you make it! 👍🏻

You can have a rest and be looked after...🎀💐

Thankyou for thinking of me and my hubby! 💙

Badboob...you're hospital is clearly VERY posh...no sight nor sound of a cod liver oil capsule in Royal Preston Hospital when I had my MRI!! That tickled me!! I wonder how they decided on a cod liver oil capsule!!! 🤔🤔🤔😂😂😂

Thinking of you Fiona! 😘🎀

Have a good w/e in London ElliesMum....I'm weljel! 🎀

Have a good day Ladies...it's cold, wet and miserable in Preston! ☔️☔️☔️☔️

💗💪🏼💗💪🏼💗💪🏼💗

Badboob that has just made me laugh so much!! How random 🤣 and I guess unique! 

Fingers crossed I’m not in long, I was due to go to Bournemouth this weekend for a girls weekend so more gutted about that as I love Bournemouth 💕

Oh Sar_ah, no! I do hope they get you sorted out quickly! 😷🤒 . At least you can enjoy the facilities of your hospital until you feel better. 😂

I’m not sure how many of you have had a MRI. At my ‘posh’ hospital, Addenbrooke’s in Cambridge, the Cod Liver Oil capsule is stuck to your left boob so they know which way round the scan is!🤭. You must presume, therefore, that mistakes have been made in the past, which I don’t want to even think about. 😂😂

Hugs

I hope your husband (and you) are on the mend soon Aneeebel! I think we just need summer to come now, that would really help out Smiley Happy 

Fiona I hope today goes well 💪🏻💪🏻💪🏻 And congratulations on your last chemo Smiley Happy)))) it’s a heady feeling! 

The weights a s*** isn’t it, no one prepares you for that, I’ve tried to keep exercising but it’s hard.   Needless to say though today we are all one day closer 💕

Bless your little girls Elliesmum, there clever little souls children!

badboob I love the comparison to a spa🤣 sounds like you go to a posh hospital getting a cod liver oil capsule Smiley Wink 

I thought I’d got lick and avoided any hospital admissions but last night was admitted, they said I have an infection but no idea where! It’s not all back though I’m currently tucked up in a comfortable bed in a lovely private room and the nurses are amazing Smiley Happy 

have a lovely day all, one day closer Smiley Happy))))

Morning Ladies

Thanks for all your good wishes. Yes it's a great feeling to know this is the last one 😁 

Badboob, at least you get a cod liver oil tablet at your MRI , that doesn't happen at mine 😠 

My weight surprised me a lot, I put on 3 kg in tbis last cycle 😮 so about 1 stone since this all started . I've got some serious work to do 😣

Have a great day ladies, keep dry, it's going to be a wet one today 🌧

💜Fiona xxx

Good luck today Fiona! Last chemo! 👍⚡️⚡️💐🕺🕺💃💃. Hope it all goes well.

Hugs

Thanks Badboob and ElliesMum...I'm sure my hubby will be fine...He has me to tend to his every need! I'm not sure who's going to look after me tho!! Oooh, that'll be me too!! 😂🤧💙🎀 

I forgot to add: I hope your husband feels better soon, Aneeebel. Pneumonia isn’t fun, the poor fellow. Xox 😘

Haha Badboob I like your suggestion and fully intend on doing a big shop before my Mum arrives. I sincerely doubt it will fool her - she knows me too well 😂 - but it may provide a gentle hint...

Best of luck for tomorrow, Fiona. We’ll all be thinking of you! Xox 💕😘💐

Oh Aneeebel! A proper case of man flu! Bet he’s been a poorly boy! Good thing he got to the doctor before it got worse! My ticker’s beat feels very uneven to me, if I lie on my left side it drives me mad. I’ve only had one echocardiogram so I have no idea if my function has decreased! ❤️❤️❤️

Great news Fiona for your bloods! I can’t wait for my last chemo I just want this to be OVER! I am fed up with the lack of energy etc etc! You all know what I mean! 

Now, Elliesmum, I’ve been thinking (oh no! you all cry) while I am definitely no domestic goddess, my cake making is more Vicar of Dibley rather than Bake off. But, give the fact I can’t do much else at the moment it is a way of passing the time and DH isn’t complaining 😘.  So that your Mum doesn’t give you that look when she arrives next week, do a massive online shop to arrive the day before, she will then be so impressed that you have such a well stocked fridge that she will set to and cook you lots of delicious meals!  Well, it might work😉

My DH woke me this morning at 5.45 with a cup of tea!😴 We were on the road by 6,30 and at the hospital at 7.00! So straight in to the MRI and all done by just gone 8.00, back home by 8.45! Brilliant! I have to say a breast MRI is the worse spa day you can go on, masseuse never arrives, the music is rubbish and you only get a free cod liver oil capsule😂😂 Being so early in the morning, I just tried to go back to sleep! 

Hugs

Thanks for the info DiKat! 💚💛🧡

Good luck with your treatment... I wasn't on FEC or THP so I'm unsure of the side effects! 🎀

Hi  FiMillian, no I'm fine, I don't scare easily. I'm pleased there's so much information on here with everyone being at different stages. I'm doing OK at the moment day 4 of 1st  Fec and day 2 of injection for WBC face very red and hot, mouth taste rotten and the odd pain in my head, but didn't sleep well last night due to pain in my arm and boob thinking it might be the drugs working trying to get rid of any foreign bodies?, haven't been sick since day 1. Take care xx

Hi Aneeebel and everyone 

I've just popped in from December. I've had 3 Fec and got 3THP to come. I've already been having lots of palps on FEC so dreading the THP. I had my heart scan to check ejection fraction after FEC1, I'm age 49 and it was 59%. I was told this was normal range. Just been on BHF and they consider 50% and above as normal. Interestingly I came across a leaflet produced with Macmillan on Chemotherapy and heart health. All the FEC drugs can cause irregular heartbeats too. Wish I'd known that as just kept getting told I was probably stressed, who'd have thought. Good luck to you all as you near the end of this stage.

Fabulous news about your bloods 💜Fiona.... You're on track for your final chemo! Yippee!! 🎀

Reddi...Thankyou for the info, my EF has gone from 55% to 50% so maybe the powers that be think that that's ok! To be honest, I would like to know either way...as to opposed to just reading info on my discharge letter and not knowing what it means! 🎀

ElliesMum...I am bucking up a bit, Thankyou...still got a cough but miles better than I was!

Have a fab w/e in London... I love London! 🎀

Badboob...hope yr MRI went well! 🎀

My next-door neighbour has just advised me 'that to look at you, you wouldn't think there was anything wrong with you...you look so well!' I just said 'well, looks are deceptive, believe me!' 😳😳😳

My hubby has been to the docs again with his 'bad chest'...they've now told him he has pneumonia!! 

Hes got stronger antibiotics and has been for a chest X-ray! 

We're going to need a carer at this rate!! Haha! 🤒🤒🤕🤕😷😷

Stay strong Ladies... Have a lovely evening! 🎀

💗💪🏼💗💪🏼💗💪🏼💗

Yay Fiona, so pleased to hear that your blood counts are good and you have the green light for your final chemo. Woohoo! 🍾🥳💕

Sar_ah, I’m sorry to hear you’re feeling a bit crappy. The cumulative effects really hit me on the last cycle too. I hope they pass quickly and you start to feel better soon. My Mum arrives on Wednesday and I’m super excited! 😊 My little girl is fine now (apart from not sleeping - I think she’s worried I’ll disappear again like when I went into hospital, so she wants me to cuddle her back to sleep whenever she wakes... 😳). She loves being the centre of attention so will definitely enjoy having her Nana around to dote on her. 😂

Hope the traffic was kind to you and the MRI went well, Badboob.

How are you feeling, Aneeebel? Slowly starting to feel better? Interesting info about the heart function, reddi. 💓

Now that my cold is passing I’m starting to feel like my old self again. 👍 We’re spending the weekend in London and I’m looking forward to having the energy to get out and do things!

Love to you all! Xox 💐💕😘

Grrr. Just saw my empty post! My mobile does not like the new interface.

@Aneebel I wrote to say that my understanding, from reading the pharma pamphlets, is that they are concerned when ejection fraction falls below 50% or 10% lower than your starting point -- though each doctor will look at each patient and their medical history, of course. Hopefully, you will hear from your BCN soon! 💕

Woohoo, my bloods are good so here I come final chemo 😁

Sar_ah, I hope you're starting to feel a bit better now. I feel tired more often than not now which I presume is just the chemo drugs accumulating in my body. We've had such an onslaught of domestos it's no wonder we feel 💩

Hope you're all well ladies and your MRI went well this morning Badboob.

Take care ladies, it's almost the weekend 😘

💜Fiona xxx

Morning ladies, hope you are all well.  So sorry for being rubbish at replying/reading/responding over the last week! For some reason I’ve struggled massively with this last cycle! I called the unit and they had no concerns but to keep an eye if I’m honest I think I’ve caused this more than the drugs, I seem to stil lhave a complete inability to rest🤦🏼‍♀️ or do as I’m told Smiley Wink which is probably why I’m still struggling. 

Sorry I haven’t caught up on all the messages but will hopeful later today Smiley Happy 

elliesmum is your mum visiting soon? I bet that will be so lovely Smiley Happy how is your little girl, I’m assuming she will be pleased to see her nan and get extra fussing! 

Aneeebel that’s good that the bc nurse doesn’t think you have anything to worry about.

Sorry will catch up with the rest later but love to you all xx 😘 

That's funny Fiona..."secret eating" 😂😂😂

ElliesMum...I'm quite good at baking but I can never be bothered... Mr Morrison usually does mine!! 😂😜🍰

I rang my BCN about the echo results... she 'doesn't seem to think it's anything to worry about as lots of ladies become exhausted'... I pointed out I wasn't talking about being tired, I was talking about the 5% decrease in the function...she still doesn't think it's anything to worry about but will check with my onc! (I don't think she knew what I meant to be honest! 🙄)

💗💪💗💪💗💪💗

Haha Fiona I have been feeling like banana cake all day after reading the comments earlier! 🧁 Luckily I’m totally useless in the kitchen (husband is even worse) so it’s highly unlikely I’ll succumb to baking anything. My Mum is always horrified when she comes to visit and sees the bare pantry and fridge. 🙈 😂 I’ll have to remember to go shopping before she arrives next week. We didn’t have any sugar or milk in the house last time she came...😳

Don’t worry about losing weight or what you eat for the next week or two. Do what you need to in order to get through the last cycle. The steroids cause bloating and water retention anyway. We can then all embark on a post-chemo fitness regime together! 👍 💕💐

Sorry ladies, not sure why I've posted this twice 🤔 technology eh?

Badboob, that's fantastic news about the MRI. Can you see that light now? 

Will you stop talking about banana cake please? I am constantly hungry and can't stop eating once I start 😠 and banana cake sounds wonderful 😁 I shall be so glad to get into a better routine once chemo is done 🍰. I've been doing secret eating today, or rather not telling hubby what I bought yesterday when I went shopping 😆

💜Fiona xxx

Sorry Aneeebel, I thought they were one and the same thing. I guess because I haven't had either I didn't need to know anything about them 🤗

My hubby thinks my hair is growing in line with the chemo cycles. I have a decent covering but at its longest it's only about 3mm, maybe 4mm at the most. He's said that there now seems to be some new growth coming through 👵 unfortunately a lot of it is grey 😣 I'd like to say it wasn't grey before but I'd be lying 😉 My BCN said that it'll come back curly, well it was before anyway and I couldn't cope with it then 😣 oh the joys 😁

💜Fiona xxx

💜Fiona... You don't need to apologise, I was just twittering!! (As usual! 😂)

I don't want my hair to grow back curly or grey....it was fair and straight before chemo..I'll have to have a word with someone!! 😂😂

Badboob...that's fabulous news about your MRI! Far better to brave the traffic than to wait ages for an appointment!!! Yippee!!! 🎀

We'll all have a bit of banana cake to celebrate! 🍌🍌🍌🍌And a dance around the kitchen whilst we're waiting! 💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼  

My daughter makes the most scrummylicious banana bread....I'll have to get her to bake one!  

💗💪🏼💗💪🏼💗💪🏼💗

Thank you all for your support, it does mean a lot.😘

Life is funny sometimes, I was sat having my lunch reading your lovely messages and catching up on your news, like hair growing - REALLY! I am so jealous 😉 I think I’m with Aneeebel, what’s left is starting to fall out, but I think I’ve gone from a number 3 to no 4 😂. I also have two natty bald spots on either side of my head where I sleep! So if I hadn’t braved the shave, I would have a very dodge Mohican! Oh sorry, where was I, oh yes,  the phone rings, and guess what it’s the hospital! Can I come in for a MRI tomorrow morning at 7.30am! ? Well I could have cried, I was so grateful. Even if it means struggling though the rush hour traffic into Cambridge.  I then rang my BCN who was on her day off but I spoke to one of the others who has booked me in to see my surgeon next Monday! I am so happy I could 🕺💃🥳🤩!  Ridiculous isn’t it!  I also quizzed her about my surgeon holiday plans and it looks like he back first week of April, which would suit me fine. I will try not to build my hopes up but forewarned is forearmed! 😉

So a big weight has been lifted and I feel up to making that banana cake this afternoon to celebrate. On the subject of weight gain I was told to expect a gain of weight, but my appetite is so poor I can only manage small portions everything and have now lost a stone! Not that I mind as the weight has slowly creep on over the decades. DH, on the other hand who is getting my leftovers is finding his clothes have shrunk!🤭!

Hugs

Sorry Aneeebel, I thought they were one and the same thing. I guess because I haven't had either I didn't need to know anything about them 🤗

My hubby thinks my hair is growing in line with the chemo cycles. I have a decent covering but at its longest it's only about 3mm, maybe 4mm at the most. He's said that there now seems to be some new growth coming through 👵 unfortunately a lot of it is grey 😣 I'd like to say it wasn't grey before but I'd be lying 😉 My BCN said that it'll come back curly, well it was before anyway and I couldn't cope with it then 😣 oh the joys 😁

💜Fiona xxx

Yep... I suppose breathing/walking and talking is pretty essential!! Hahaaa... 😂😂😂

Its the results from my Echocardiagram I'm more interested in as opposed to ECG Fiona... The echo is an ultrasound of your heart as opposed to ECG being the heart trace... I'll see if I can get through to my BCN at some point! 💚

Has as your hair grown back already? You'll soon have it in plaits!!! Mines still only little fine bits that are few and far between that never completely fell out...they seem to have grown actually! 🎀

💗💪🏼💗💪🏼💗💪🏼💗

ElliesMum, I'm pleased to hear you're on the mend now and brilliant news about your Hickman line. Each little thing like that is like a small victory, isn't it? 😁

I guess you've also answered my question about the ECG. Maybe  being TN has some advantages... 🤔

I hope I didn't go on too much to Trixielady? I don't want to scare her 😯

Aneeebel, I'm suffering a bit with breathing too, usually going up hills and there are a few of those around Matlock. I'm just putting it down to the chemo and will plan my road to fitness shortly. I've put some weight on throughout treatment which has upset me on top of everything else that chemo does 😣 . I was overweight before but reasonably fit.  Anyway, I hope your BCN can put your mind at ease with your ECG results 😘 As ElliesMum said, being able to walk, breathe and talk are fairly essential things in a person 😉

My head's cold today even though I'm sat in front of the wood burner pretending to work 😉 I don't particularly like wearing a hat or scarf indoors and live in the hope that being naked on top will encourage hair growth 🤔 It's coming on nicely now, only a couple of bald patches 🤣

Take care ladies 💪💪💐💐

💜Fiona xxx

How frustrating for you Badboob.... So now you have to wait for your Mri! 

The waiting is so infuriating isn't it!! It could drive you to drink!!! 🍹🍸🍷🍺

Nobody has mentioned anything to me about an Mri or Ultra sound unless that's what the surgeon will discuss at my appointment on Monday!! My oncologist did tell me that surgery is normally done 4 weeks after my last chemo! 😳😳😳🤕🤕🤕😷😷😷😫😫😫😫

Yes, I have been on Herceptin and will be having Herceptin injections for a year.... I'm going to ring my BCN and see what she says about the results from my Echo...although, it's only just over a week since I had the Echo done so maybe the results are only just filtering through to the powers that be!! I only know about it because it was on my discharge letter! 💚💛💙

💜Fiona... I had an echocardiogram prior to starting chemo...and then another one last Tuesday which was to check if any changes now chemo has finished! 

I have had 2 ECG's during chemo but as far as I know they were normal....and at the time, 1 was part of the admission procedure when I had to go into hospital and the other was because of me struggling to breathe and walk at the same time! 💚💛💙

Maybe my body is too fat for my lungs....that's why I can't breathe and walk at the same time!!

😂😳😂😳😂😳😂😳😂😳😂😳😂

(I'm only joking....I'm not that fat!! Honest!!!)

ElliesMum...good news that you're feeling well...and fab news that you've had your Hickman line taken out! I'll be having my PICC line removed at some point! I've finished my antibiotics and Tami flu medication and do feel a bit better so hopefully, once I've got rid of my cough, I should start bucking up!! 🎀

💗💪🏼💗💪🏼💗💪🏼💗

Trixielady, Fiona has written such a thorough and comprehensive response I don’t have anything to add except to say good luck!

Fiona, excellent to hear that your final pre-chemo blood test went well. I was kept on the reduced dose for my final T, and I was told that was the usual protocol, so hopefully it’s the same for you. Almost there now! 💪💕 Also, I know that Badboob, Aneeebel and myself are all HER2+ and having herceptin. As Badboob mentioned, herceptin can cause heart issues. While some chemo drugs (including one of the components of FEC) can cause heart problems as well, these drugs are given only a few times - rather than over the course of a year - so I don’t think an ECG is typically required. I’m having an ECG every 3 months just to check that the herceptin isn’t doing too much damage. I’ve not heard anything after either of the ECG scans I’ve had so far, Aneeebel, so I’m assuming that the results were fine? 🤷‍♀️ I really do hope someone from your team explains the implications of a 5% reduction in heart function to you - if not, definitely chase them up!!! Walking, breathing and talking are quite important things to be able to do in my books! 😂

Badboob, I’m sorry to hear about your meeting with the surgeon. I can totally understand why you left feeling upset and less-than-reassured; who wants to be told that they need more scans, and that their surgeon has too much leave built up so may not be doing the surgery. Hello, how could anyone find that to be reassuring?!? It sounds like your BCN is on top of things, so hopefully she can help guide you through the process. Not long to go now! 👍💕

I had my Hickman line out this morning. I am so ridiculously excited about the prospect of having a proper shower tomorrow! 🚿 Woohoo! 🥳 Still dealing with a nasty cold but otherwise I’m doing well.

Lots of love to you all! Xox 💐😘👊

Trixielady, just listen to your body. It is hard to accept that you can't do what you did before bc, I've only just learned to accept that myself. During FEC I was still able to work quite a bit. It's just that as time goes on your body gets increasingly tired. It only has enough time to start feeling half decent before the next dose of domestos. Keep a diary of your symptoms so that you can tell your onc each time and also so that you know what to expect each cycle.

My advice is to keep doing what you can while you can. Be prepared as you progress through the treatment and accept that chemo will make you feel poorly but you WILL get through it. The Forum is a great place to chat and shout and scream and cry.

Just avoid people with coughs and colds, particularly between days 5 and 14 each cycle as that's when your immune system can't deal with anything.

🤗🤗

💜Fiona xxx

Oh Badboob, how frustrating for you. And no you're not being silly. We all want to see an end to this bc and you haven't been given that at the moment. But you will, that light will soon be shining at the end of the tunnel. My surgeon only wants me to have an MRI, not an ultrasound. While I don't want any more needles, the MRI makes me giggle lying there on the bed with my two little boobs dangling down into these 2 holes 😂 

One step at a time, Badboob,  you'll get there and we're all here for you 👭💐

And I'm glad to hear you're not a robot either. I'm finding it a bit annoying actually, having to check the box each post 😠 

Take care 💪💪🤗🤗

💜Fiona xxx

Hi FiMillian  Thanks Fiona,, I'm on Fec - T , like you the ladies on my thread are just starting this week , think I was one of the first but yes I'll ask on there, was hoping because I felt OK that I could head out for a while today I just didn't want any nasty surprises haha xx

Aneeebel, did you have an ECG before chemo started? I feel like I've missed out on something here 🤔 I guess it's just the NHS trusts operating in different ways.

Shi, thank you. I'm pleased to have started on the final round, just dreading next week and the s/e's. Providing the onc tomorrow  is happy to stick on the reduced dosage I can just about get through it 🤞🏻

Roll on March 🤣

💜Fiona xxx

Bless you Trixielady, it's tough isn't it?

What chemo are you on? Everybody reacts differently but I was on FEC  for 3 cycles then T for the last 3 (last one this Friday 😁).

I only really had mild nausea on FEC which lasted 3 to 4 days. My face did go red the day after chemo but only for a day or so. That was it for me on FEC but others didn't take so kindly to it. T on the other hand hasn't been so kind to me, no nausea but I lose my taste buds and get oral and vaginal  thrush. And an overwhelming tiredness.  And sore fingernails.

Don't be frightened by all this Trixielady, talk to the ladies on your monthly thread, it really does help. They're going through it all as well and you can support each other because you know exactly what they're going through 👭

As for your injections, is the district nurse coming round for your first one? Or have you been shown how to do it? I guess you could contact your Dr and ask for a nurse to show you. I did my first cycle myself but then hubby has taken over since as I freaked out a bit. It doesn't hurt anywhere near as much as a blood test, if that helps. Just remember to keep swapping sides each day and do it at the same time each day.

Take care and good luck 😘🤗

💜Fiona xxx

Morning everyone, I hope we are all feeling perky ( in a chemo sort of way) 😁😁🤪 this morning.

i have been catching up on everyone’s news! Being post menopause, my last period was 10 years ago, I can honestly say that I’ve had no symptoms during chemo. I think the chemo drugs irritate the badder and thus can cause an infection, so it’s vital to keep hydrated. I was very lucky with my menopause, I didn’t have any of the issues so many of my friends had, apart from being rather crabby at times, but DH is the expert on that one! 😂😂

Well done to your stepson Fiona, on his fundraising, what a star! Good luck for Friday! Hope those bloods are good to go.  And Elliesmum how lovely your mum is coming to see you, I bet she is bursting to see you and your little one, but I do sympathise with the feeling that you think you are ok then you realise that you are not. I would really like to get back to Yoga and golf, but my stamina is so low at the moment I am concerned that I won’t cope! However, I managed to get out in the garden over the weekend and managed half an hour of tidying up before the spring arrives! Yay what an achievement 😉.

Aneeebel, have you been having Herceptin as part of your treatment? I had to have an echocardiogram before I started to measure my heart function, Herceptin is know for causing a decrease in function and therefore they need to keep a close eye on it. Certainly I think your breathless could be caused by your ticker. No doubt your team will be in touch if they are worried, but I would call you BCN to ask her opinion.

I am feeling rather low after my meeting with my surgeon on Monday, not for any particular reason, just that he is not happy with my latest ultrasound as he feels it’s not giving him a clear enough picture ( this happen on my original diagnosis!) so, want me to have another MRI. He also told me that he has loads of annual leave owing so might not be available to do the op! I was disappointed with this news and tried to say that I really would prefer him to do it! I felt he was rather overwhelmed by the amount work. The waiting room was standing room only, and although we only had to wait half an hour to be seen,  I got the feeling that the unit is at breaking point! My BCN was wonderful, she warned me that the MRI department was very busy and as soon as they rang me with my appointment to ring her direct and she would get me back in the see the surgeon ASAP for the results! So, I feel I am no further forward and consequently have had a few days to process this to see if I was just being silly by being so upset by it all. DH is very positive and thinks it all went well, so I feel I can’t share my feeling with him either. ☹️😩😢 The good news, I suppose, is that the op must be done between 4 and 8 weeks after chemo, it’s funny how each hospital has different protocols. 

I had had lunch with my girl friends yesterday who all wanted to know what was happening next, I found that hard to keep saying the same thing, but they all said how well I looked😱😂 bless them! 

Sorry for the extra long post....

Hugs

ps,you will be pleased to know I’m not a robot 🤪

Aneeebel, I think you've done amazing. Both you and ElliesMum have had more than your fair share of troubles throughout this stage but the good news is that you've both got through it 💪💪💪 And we're all still finding things to laugh and smile about 😁

Woohoo,  my final round of 💩 has started, with bloods taken already this morning. I'm erring on the side of caution for the next 2 weeks but it was great knowing that it was my last chemo blood test today 😉 I might even allow myself a glass of wine tonight 🍷

I'm on for some batch cooking today I think to get some meals in the freezer for when I'm not up to it next week and more housework and a tiny bit of real work 😉 I might try a shorter walk today, although I'm still a bit pooped from Monday's efforts.

Take care ladies, I hope you're all starting to feel better now 💐💐🤗🤗

💜Fiona xxx

Hi Ladies  I've had my first session in Feb  appeard to have side effects on the same day sickness, red face numb arm, tingling lip, this is the big question I know but do you think I'll suffer more side effects other the next few weeks ? Plus I start injection for white blood cells today  would appreciate any advice  lots of love

So happy for you all I know it wasn't an easy journey but I really hope its been well worth it, take good care from now on in hopefully it will be a fantastic year ahead, big hugs and kisses 

You're right 💜Fiona.... we've all done amazing to get this far...💪💪💪💪altho, there have been several times when I've nearly thrown the towel in!!!!! 🙄🤗🤔

Not long for you to wait now for your final chemo....yippee! 🎀🌻Every thing will be crossed that the s/e are kind to you! 👍😘

I deciphered my discharge letter from the hospital...it seems the EF function in my heart has deteriorated since I started chemo (results from my Echo)...it's the bit that pumps blood out and has reduced by 5%...I dont know if 5% is a lot in terms of the EF function but I wonder if that's why I'm struggling to breathe and walk at the same time!! I'm assuming someone will contact me if they need to! Watch this space! 💚💛🧡

Hope all you Lovely Ladies are well! Take care x 🌻🎀🌼

💗💪💗💪💗💪💗

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Fi 😁😁last one whoooo whooooo 😁😁😁you celebrate my lovely 💪💪💪💪💪it’s such a lovely feeling to finish chemo 💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻A dance out the unit is called for and if you shed a few 😢it’s the relief chemos done ❤️❤️❤️Can’t wait to celebrate with you 😁😁💕💕✨✨✨Shi xx

Morning Ladies

Aneeebel, I love that you just sat and supervised your daughter at the allotment yesterday 🤣 But remember you're still getting over your recent infection so take it easy and exploit whoever you can 😘

ElliesMum , I bet you can't wait for your mum to arrive next week. So exciting. When do you start rads? Thanks for letting me know about your exercise plans,. I'm keen to start planning some sort of recovery plan so it'll be interesting to hear how we all get on with our recovery to fitness 🏃‍♀️

Sar_ah, how are you feeling? Did you phone your helpline? I do hope you're ok.

Badboob , hope it went well yesterday 🤞🏻

Well, as you know, hubby worked from home yesterday which meant I had to do some work too 😠 But then we did go for a good walk in the afternoon, 6 miles. My hips knew about it by the time we got home 😢 so I'm taking it easy today 😁 and trying to prepare myself mentally for my last chemo on Friday 👍🏻 and the s/e's in the days afterwards, that's what I'm more concerned about, the 10 or 12 days of no taste buds, oral thrush and general feeling of being under the weather.  I will be so pleased to be done with the 💩that is chemo and all it entails from the blood test before through to the sore fingernails and generally feeling crap afterwards.

Ladies, I think we've all done amazing to get this far and we deserve a big hug 🤗. It will be great when both myself and Badboob have finished chemo and to know that we've all done it 😁  

Have a great day ladies 💐💐💪💪🤗🤗

💜Fiona xxx

Hi Ladies... 🎀

ElliesMum...how lovely that your Mum is coming to stay! I bet you can't function for excitement! 💗😋

I know exactly what you mean with emotions.. I'm sure we're all the same! How are you feeling today? 🌼🌻

Badboob...hope yr appointment went well 🎀😷

Fiona...you're not far off your last chemo!!! It actually feels a bit strange when it's your last one doesn't it ..nice but strange!! 😳🎀

Sar_ah...hope you're doing well! 🌻🎀

I had a walk to my allotment yesterday...it was a glorious day! I didn't do very much ..had a brew sat in the sunshine! My daughter did a bit of weeding...I supervised! 😂😂

I had to have a nod when I got back though!😴

Hope you all have a good day! 

💗💪💗💪💗💪💗