cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

October 2018 Chemo starters

Re: October 2018 Chemo starters

Afternoon ladies!! 

I’m so sorry for not catching up for a long time, I’ve had a few crazy weekends and haven’t seemed to be able to catch up! After being discharged (feeling much better) from hospital the Saturday before last my son was admitted on the Sunday (something totally different!) we ended up over the course of five days being in three different hospitals 🤦🏼‍♀️

Elliesmum sorry to hear your news about New York but your right it will still be there and I’m sure whenever you go it will be amazing Smiley Happy)) you will have definitely more than earnt it!! 

Badboob well done on your last chemo🥳🥳 sorry I’m a bit slow on the uptake but hope you are feeling as well as can be! 

Fiona how’s the healthy eating going? I can’t seem to start eating chocolate! Waking 10 miles in a weekend is seriously impressive! 

Aneeebel how are you doing? Glad your husband is on the mend Smiley Happy

Hope your all ok and sorry again for not joining in but hope you are all well, I can’t believe how far we have all come since October Smiley Happy well done lovely  ladies xx 

Hello lovely October ladies,

Is anyone else having issues using the forum on their mobile devices? The last few times I've tried to post a comment, it has disappeared (instead of posting) - even though I appear to be logged in. I'm writing this message on my laptop, which means that there will be a serious lack of fun emojis. I will try to use a few good old-fashioned emoticons! Smiley Happy

Excellent news that your mystery oncology appointment was simply "routine", Aneeebel, and even better that it gave you the opportunity to ask some questions of your oncologist!

I hope that you are all feeling well. It is a beautiful day here! I went for a walk (about as much as I can manage at the moment - not getting good value out of my gym membership so far!!!) and it was so lovely outside. Thank you all for the advice to hold off on cancelling our holiday. Unfortunately my oncologist is away this week, as she has school-aged children and it is half term in Warwickshire. So I haven't been able to discuss the changes to my radiotherapy schedule with her. I spoke with a senior member of the oncology unit at Warwick about delaying rads when I was in hospital, and he told me that he wouldn't want to make significant changes to the timescale without speaking with my oncologist... So he effectively left it up to someone in the Coventry radiotherapy department to decide when I start. I tried calling them myself, but didn't get very far. So we will see what happens... {fingers crossed emoji}

Xox Heart

HHHi Ladies

Badboob, good news that you're not feeling too bad 💗 Let's hope you continue to feel well! 💪🏼🎀

Fiona, no wonder you're tired after 2 days at work! Hope you get a good nights sleep 💤💤💤

ElliesMum, how are you feeling? 🎀

My Oncology appt turned out to be 'routine' after all my pondering what it was about!!! I did get to ask some questions tho so it wasn't a wasted appointment! I said to her that I wasn't expecting an appt and she said that she hadn't really needed to see me but because my case had been back to the MDT the appointments are automatically sent out!! She didn't seem concerned about my walking/breathing but said to mention in my pre-op then the anesthetist knows!! 😷🤒🤕

I haven't done much today... It's been a wet day here! I nodded off on the settee and woke up an hour and a half later!!! 

Take care Ladies 🎀

💗💪🏼💗💪🏼💗💪🏼💗

Glad to hear you're feeling a tiny bit better Badboob 🤗 and blame the steroids for not sleeping 😴 What a nightmare with the cannula though 😲

I hope you're feeling better too ElliesMum 💪 My surgeon told me that the rads could be worked around any holiday so it may be worth asking your team before you postpone New York ✈

Aneeebel, how did you get on today? 🎀

Well I've done 2 days at work, not full days but then i don't normally anyway, and I'm shattered 😴😴 I think an early night is called for 😉

Take care ladies and big hugs 🤗🤗🎀🎀💐💐

💜Fiona xxx

Thank you lovely ladies for your kind wishes, I am feeling a bit better thank you❤️. Didn’t sleep very well and then DH decided to start reading his IPad at 4.00am bless him! 🤨

I do hope you can still still make your trip to New York Elliesmum,  one of my favourite cities. When I worked full time I was lucky enough to to a great deal of travelling and a trip to the big apple was always a joy. I am interested to know about your travel insurance as when I started to check this out it was eye watering expensive!

I hope your oncologist appointment went well today Aneeebel, I too received a further appointment in the post yesterday, so when I was at the clinic yesterday I asked the receptionist about it, she said that my oncologist had not requested it and they didn’t know why I had been sent an appointment, so would email him to check. I won’t hold my breath! 

I have some spectacular bruises where I was stabbed repeatedly yesterday. Including a rather large one on my upper arm, no where near where they were trying to get the canular in! I was about to ring my BCN about it when I remembered that I tripped over on Monday when cleaning  and fell against the wood burner, l blame the hoover.😂

Hugs

• Morning Ladies 🌻

Yippee Badboob...you've finished 💩 chemo at last! How horrid for you with the canulla/vein...I think I would have fainted too! I was so pleased to have my picc line! We'll drink the champagne together when you're up to it! 🍾

Fab news that you've been discharged ElliesMum....it's lovely to be at home in your own bed isn't it! My hubby is a lot better Thankyou but still gets out of breath! What a shame you may have to cancel your trip, but like you say...New York isn't going anywhere! 🗽 We've been to New York twice...absolutely loved it! Will you still be able to have your Herceptin injection? 

Hope you feel better soon!🎀 

Fiona...how was work? Lovely news that you're feeling good 🎀

I haven't been to my lottie for a couple of days...it'll be missing me! 😂 Elliesmum...I'm not 100% sure what can can harvested at this time of year...I'm a novice allotmenteer.. only had it a year! I'm busy starting seeds off in pots on the window cill!! 😂🍎🍏🍐

I have my "mystery" appt with my Oncologist today!!! Watch this space!!😊

Have a lovely day Ladies... I've been awake that long I'm nearly ready for my dinner!! 🙄😴

💗💪💗💪💗💪💗

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Ellie’smum, glad you are home 😘😘don’t count New  our just yet, I think if memory serves me correctly some have delayed rads in the past, so speak to your teams and see what they advise 😘😘 lovely ladies I know you will all keep safe ❤️❤️💕💕✨✨Shi xx

It is a slightly surreal feeling isn’t it, Badboob! I can understand why you don’t feel like celebrating yet, especially as your final session sounds rather traumatic!?! Just remind yourself that you’re done - no more chemo! When you start to feel better, you can continue to feel better as you don’t have to put your body through it again. We’re all so pleased for you. Congratulations for making it to the finish line! We can all have some 🍾 in a few weeks when you’re feeling better. 💕🥳

Fiona, excellent idea to shift hubby into the spare room. As Shi mentioned earlier, our immune systems aren’t fully recovered yet and you don’t want to catch a cold if you can help it. I was surprised at how quickly I went downhill - especially as I naively thought I was past the danger period. Well done on making back in to work! 👍

Thank you lovely ladies for thinking of me! I’ve just been discharged, so I am snug in my own bed now. 😊 However, it turns out I do have the flu... not what I wanted to hear! The concoction of medications worked well and I’ve felt a lot better today. The hospital has been at “crisis” level and had no beds yesterday, so I was stuck in a side room in A&E for 6 hours... not ideal. Oh well. I’ve been very well looked after. It also meant they were happy to have my bed when I told them I was keen to come home! I have to monitor my temp and come back in if it spikes again. No more trips in to work this week! 🙈 However, radiotherapy will no longer be starting tomorrow. They don’t want me to infect everyone else there 😷 and also want the infection to have passed before subjecting my body to more treatment. I was a bit upset initially, as it almost certainly means that we’ll have to cancel our trip to New York. 😔 I’m sure New York will still be there later in the year when I’ve fully recovered. We’ll just have to go another time.

Anyhow, back to more important matters: I wish you a speedy recovery, Badboob! I hope you’re ok too, Sar_ah. Has your husband recovered from his pneumonia, Aneeebel? I seriously hope my husband doesn’t catch the flu from me!?! 🤞

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

🛎🛎🛎🎉🎉🎉🥂🥂🥂🍾🍾🍾🍾💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻😁😁😁😁well done badboob, it is a celebrate day, you 🤸‍♂️🤸‍♂️🤸‍♂️kicked its ass 😘😘💕💕✨✨Shixx

Bless you Badboob,  I hope you're okay. It does feel strange finishing chemo, doesn't it? I think because you know you've still got these next couple of weeks to get through 💪

How are you ElliesMum? 

My hubby is coming down with a cold so I'm going to banish him to the spare bed I think 😷 I'm feeling remarkably good surprisingly although I got very tired at work today 😴

Big hugs to you all 🤗🤗💐💐

💜Fiona xxx

Thanks everyone for your thoughts. Home now feeling 💩. Nearly fainted when they were trying to get the canular in! They had to wait while I recovered. It took 3 attempts with one popped vein🤭. Felt v emotional when leaving unit but couldn’t work out whether in a good or bad way. 🤕 Think I might just go to bed and  forget about today. 😥.

Hope you are out of hospital Elliesmum and are feeling better.

I think that champagne will have to wait☹️.

Hugs.

Badboob - I hope it's all going well for you today - the champagne is on ice for when you're up to it Smiley Happy

HeartFiona xxx

Thanks ladies your advice and support is very much appreciated, think I'll speak with my hubby tonight and ask my niece to shave it ASAP but I can't help thinking if it's going to grow back possibly by the 3rd how much might actually still be left or am I kidding myself ?? Xx 

I agree with the other Ladies, Trixielady.  My scalp got really tender quite early on and as soon as I started to lose some hair, my hubby gave me a No 2 and the tender scalp pretty much disappeared.  My hair fell out over the next couple of weeks but at least it wasn't so noticeable.  There were one or two stragglers but I was pretty much bald.  The good news is that after my third session it had already started to grow.  So my advice is to brave the shave as soon as possible - it really did help with the tender scalp.  You realise how ugly some heads can be though!!!

Aneebel - it all sounds great, your lottie!  I love growing stuff, I just find that we usually end up going away just as everything is ready for picking so it all gets ruined Smiley Sad  I might try again this year Smiley LOL

Big hugs.

HeartFiona xxx

Thanks, as always, for tha fabulous support ladies. Shi, your approach sounds very sensible; I haven’t been as careful as I could have been the last week or so. I will aim to emulate your level of cleanliness and antibacterial wiping!!! I think I’m already giving my 19 month old some strange habits, though, as I wash and use antibacterial gel on her hands multiple times a day. She now holds them out for me to clean! 🤣

I did get a big telling off from the oncology nurse when she came to see me. Temp got up to 39.1 by the time I was seen. Whoops... 🙈 I will be more sensible going forward.

I can only echo what the other fabulous ladies on this thread have suggested, Trixielady: go for the shave. You’ll very likely feel better afterwards! 👍

Yay for getting all of your tasks done ready for tomorrow, Badboob. We’re all ready to celebrate your final chemo with you! 🎉

I hope you have a great day at work tomorrow, Fiona. 🤞 Super impressed your fridge is already restocked, Aneeebel! Excuse my ignorance, as I (shockingly) know very little about when certain vegetables are in season... Is anything ready to be harvested (right word?) and eaten now? (Can you tell I grew up in a city? 🙈) Home-grown veg sounds fabulous! Xox

• Your never boring Aneeebel 😘 Home grown veg is the best, just wish the bunnies didn’t agree! 😂😂. 

Trixielady, losing your hair is the pits! No one want to look like a boiled egg, But, brave the shave, you’ll  feel Sooooooo much better afterwards. We had a little party on here to celebrate/ commiserate with each other. Once the deed is done, its over! 

Good luck

Trixielady

My hair got to the point where it was coming out in the shower, if I ran my fingers through it, when I leant on the pillow...my scalp was hurting... I eventually (after being quite upset at the thought) went to the hair dressers and had a No.2... it felt so much better! It has fallen out since then but I still have some very fine, sparse hair left... but it felt miles better when I'd had it done! 

I was quite chuffed with meself... 💪💗 x

Oh no ElliesMum...good job you rang! 

When I tested positive for flu a couple of weeks ago I didn't have a lot of outward signs of flu...I had high temp and a rattly chest.. The nurse said she thinks there's a new strain of flu going around as they have quite a few patients with flu going in! 

Hope you feel better soon! 🎀

Fiona...there's not a lot to see on my lottie at the mo! Most of it is covered with black sheeting.... wouldn't be a very exciting piccie! 😂😂 

I haven't been today...Ive had zero energy!

Badboob.. last year we grew spuds, peas, lettuce, cabbage, onions, all the usual stuff as it was our 1st year and had a lot of tidying up to do!

Maybe I'm just boring!! Haha! 🤔🤔🤔 😂😂😂

Glad you're feel better in yourself Fiona 🎀

Stay strong Girls... good luck for tomorrow Badboob x 🎀

💗💪💗💪💗💪💗

Hi Ladies, so pleased to hear most of you are doing well, sorry to hear that Elliesmum isn't doing too well big hugs

My 2nd FEC is a week today but my head started hurting yesterday and now today it has started coming out so very confused as what to do? not sure whether to shave it or to see how it goes and how much of it goes any advice would be so much appreciated xx

Oh no Elliesmum, you poor thing. I do hope you are feeling better soon and they let you out tomorrow. I can’t believe how lucky I’ve been to avoid an over night stay ( fingers crossed) . But as the others have said you are in the best place. 

House is now clean (ish) 😉. Shop done, bedding washed, 2 litres down the hatch. Finished the garden project in the rain! So now knackered! Cup of tea and lemon drizzle cake today😀. DH loves the cake experiments as he is normally not allowed or they go in the bin as they are a disaster. 😂😂. So I think I am all set for tomorrow yippee! 

Glad and you enjoyed the LGFB session, Fiona. And back to work tomorrow as well. It must be lovely to get some normality back before your op.

Aneeebel you must tell us what you grow in your Lottie. As we back on the farm land I have a constant battle with the rabbits so have given up trying to grow veg. 😂😂.

Thanks for all your good wishes.

Hugs 

Oh no ElliesMum 🤗🤗 big hugs to you. I'm pleased you did call it in but am sorry you're having to b & b again courtesy of NHS 😣 Little comfort, I know, but you're in the best place. Our defences are still low so we still need that bit more protection. Wishing you a speedy recovery 💐💐🤞🏻

Aneeebel, did you do an allotment trip today? I think we're going to need to see a picture soon of all your hard work 😉

How's operation hydration Badboob? I've got everything crossed for you for tomorrow. It's a strange but good feeling knowing that it's the last one. 

I'm on a bit of a high today, I think it's having had my sister for the weekend, going back to work tomorrow and just knowing that I won't be knocked down again by chemo in a week's time because it's over. Normality is starting to come back into my life at last 👍🏻🤣.

Have a good evening, let us know how you get on ElliesMum 💐💐🤗🎀🎀

💜Fiona xxx

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Glad you’ve rang your unit and kept safe, I was told it can take up to 6 months after chemo finishes to get immune system back up to where it was after chemo. I still don’t sit on loo seats when I’m out and for 6 months after used wipes on all cutlery and cups when I was out too. Call me 🤪🤪🤪but I wasn’t taking chances and I always still use antibacterial hand gel everywhere it’s in all my handbags in the car and on my desk at work. 💕💕✨✨Shi xx

Thank you for the advice, Aneeebel and Fiona. When I got home from work I took my temp and it was 38.1... so I ate and drank, waited an hour, and took it again. It was still 38.1, so I called the unit. 🤦‍♀️ Back in Casa NHS for the night! They are worried it might be flu. Hopefully everything comes back negative and I get to go home tomorrow! 🤞

Excellent to hear that you enjoyed the LGFB session, Fiona! Best of luck tomorrow, Badboob. We’ll all be thinking of you! Xox 💕👍💐

Elliesmum...as Fiona said I would give your help line a ring! Hope you feel better soon! 🎀 Just for info...when the nurse came to give me my Herceptin injection she did say that there wasn't anything that would stop you having the injection.... although, if you're not very well you probably wouldn't want to travel to the hospital!

(Yes...the fridge is full again!! 😂)

Sounds like you had a good morning Fiona! I bet your glad you went! 🎀

ElliesMum, my advice is phone your helpline.  My alert card says to do so up to 6 weeks after final chemo and my onc reiterated that. They may not want you in but at least you'd know. Peace of mind and all that.

Thank you. I feel really perky today and full of life and energy.

LGFB workshop was good, amazing goodie bag. Lancome, Liz Earle, Benefit, No 7 and lots of it (they reckon about £250). I didn't really learn anything make up wise but it was a giggle for a couple of hours. 

Do take care ElliesMum 🤗🤗

💜Fiona xxx

Wow, excellent work of the walking - and the exceptional organisation for your blood test - Fiona! So pleased you enjoyed the weekend with your sister. Hope the LGFB session is fab! 💁‍♀️

Aneeebel, your “lottie” (love the abbreviation!) sounds idyllic. A chance to get away from things and enjoy nature. Do you have anything flowering yet? Some early flowers have started to bloom in the park across the road from me. They look so wonderful! 💐 I hope you’ve managed to restock the fridge and pantry and your grandson raided it! 😂

Tomorrow is the big day, Badboob! Woohoo! You made it! 🥳 Don’t overdo the cleaning; make sure you are well rested - and hydrated!

I’m in need of some advice from you lovely ladies... I’m feeling absolutely 💩 at the moment! My little girl has a bad cough/sore throat and a temp (she also has explosive nappies and hasn’t eaten much at all the past few days). I started feeling unwell this morning, but went in to work as I felt I had to. Foolish decision; I’m now feeling far worse, on the train home, and didn’t get to the meeting and seminar that I went in for anyway!?! Not sure what to do... I am due to have herceptin Wed morning (at the unit) and start rads that afternoon. I desperately don’t want a delay to rads - my Mum organised her trip around it. I strongly suspect I have a temp (like you, Aneeebel, I’ve stopped taking it 🙈). Do I have to call the unit, or can I self-medicate and hope for a quick recovery? 🤞😳

xox 😘

P.S. So grateful my Mum is here. I would definitely be in hospital by now if I had to do the “night shift” last night, as little one did not sleep!

Morning Ladies

Aneeebel, I've noticed that you're always awake early 😴 I don't know how you do it 🤔

Thank you all for thinking about me. I'm pleased to say I'm fine thank you. It was just a one day blip - we all have them don't we?

I had a lovely weekend with my sister and her boyfriend thanks. It was so good to talk to someone other than my hubby 😁. My energy is coming back and I managed to walk nearly 10 miles over the weekend, slowly but I did it. I'm feeling much more positive now, the sunshine helps as well as company and a general feeling of getting better.

Badboob, have fun doing the housework 😉 It's so good to know that tomorrow is your final session. I'm so pleased that we've all managed to get to the end 👭 And a busy March for us surgery-wise, one a week by the look of it, Aneeebel on 6th, me on 13th and Badboob on 20th. 

I had a phone call on Thursday asking for a blood test prior to my mri tomorrow. It was too late to get to my gp so I've come into the hospital today early thinking I'd get it done prior to the lgfb workshop. Of course it's half term so no traffic on roads, no-one in blood test centre and now I'm killing time before the workshop 😉 The canteen tea is not up to much 😣 and healthy eating has started so no cakes or treats allowed 😣

I hope you're all well and have a lovely day. 🎀🎀 I'll let you know how I get on with the workshop 😁👄💄

💜Fiona xxx

Oh I never thought of that Badboob...may be it is about rads! Although, my surgeon said a decision would be made about rads after the tissue from my breast has been examined! Or it could be to do with my echocardiagram.... I'll find out on Wednesday!! I emailed the secretary to ask actually but although she replied she didn't really answer my question as to what it was for!! 🙄

My surgery is scheduled for the 6th March!!! 😫😫💔💔 

I am (very) slowly coming around to the idea!! I've got 2 Knitted Knockers... and 2 lovely heart shaped mastectomy pillows from Jens Friends 💗 💗

Hope you have a 'productive' day tidying up!! 🙄

Thankyou for for thinking about me x 🎀🌻💗

Oh goodness, Aneeebel don’t you just hate that 3.30 wake up! I think it’s all part of this blasted cancer rubbish that sneaks up behind us and gives us a shove! I am sorry that Fiona is having a wobble as well. I hope everyone else is doing well. I am sure Elliesmum is enjoying being spoilt by her super mum. Who is also welcome here in sunny Cambridge if she fancy’s a change 😉. 

I find a cup  of hot chocolate ( calories don’t count in the middle of the night) and a chat on the Macmillan site is a good way to pass the night time terrors. There is always some around on that site posting nonsense to cheer you up in the middle of the night so it nice to know that you are not alone feeling low.

Have you got your op date yet? I know how disappointed you are to have a mx. It’s rubbish and I am so sorry for you. It’s not easy for anyone to tell you that it will be ok, because it’s your body and you don’t want to lose a part of it! Can you get a second opinion? 

Maybe your oncologist wants  to discuss radiotherapy? Just a thought! 

I am am about to have a mad day before chemo tomorrow, I know I will feel rubbish for a week, so I must dung the house out and do some washing...while drinking 3 litres of water! 

Thanks for all good wishes, I can’t quite believe that this part is finally FINISHED! 🤪🎉💃💃🕺🕺🕺

Hugs

Morning Ladies...(very early...I've been awake since 3.30!) 🙄

ElliesMum... I didn't have blood tests before my Herceptin injection ...I didn't have b/p checked or temp checked either (I've put my thermometer away...I don't check my temp any more!) -the nurse just asked if I was okay and in it goes!! 💉💉💉 Some Ladies on the forum had said it was really painful but I didn't find it painful at all! 🎀

Hope everything goes well with your radiotherapy! 💪🎀 

Is your Mum enjoying her stay? I bet it's fabulous having your Mum over x 💗

Fiona...have you had a good w/e with your sister? Hope you're feeling a bit brighter! 🎀

Badboob...not long until you're done with 💩chemo!!!! Yippee! 🎀

I haven't done anything exciting...I've been to my lottie! My daughter and grandkids came for tea yesterday! Nearly ate me out of House and Home! 😂💙💗 My grandson is 14 and 6ft tall...he can eat for England! 😂

I finally feel relatively okay...just the odd bit of nausea and soooo tired, I don't know why I can't sleep!

I have an appt with my Oncologist on Wednesday which is rather random as she said she would see me at the end of March! I do wish they'd give you some indication what it was about!!!! I'll be grey before I'm 30 with all this worrying!! 🤣🤣👵👵🎀🎀

Have a good day Girls! 🌻🌷🌼

💗💪💗💪💗💪💗

Aneeebel, when you had the herceptin injection by itself did you need your blood counts checked first (or anything other than the usual blood pressure and temp checks)? Just trying to figure out if I am supposed to go in to the unit for a blood test tomorrow/Tuesday before herceptin on Wednesday.🤷‍♀️ Thanks!

Hope everyone had a lovely weekend! Xox 💕😘💕

I’m sorry you had a tough day, Fiona. I had a few wobbles the week or two after my last chemo. I was sick of feeling sick and just wanted everything to go back to “normal” immediately! 🤦‍♀️ I’m feeling much better now; hopefully you start to feel better soon too. Is your sister looking after you? I told my Mum that she was in demand - she laughed and said it’s the most appreciated she has felt for ages. 😂

Excellent to hear that you enjoyed the LGFB session, Badboob. Super impressed that the ratio of beauty advisors to patients was 1:1, so you got personal attention! 👍 I hope you have a fabulous time at your session on Monday, Fiona - and at work next week! 🤞🥰 

I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday. Xox 💪💕😘

Thankyou Badboob... Blackpool isn't that far away from me! I'll look into it x🎀

@Badboob wrote:

Aneeebel, I just gone though the goody bag I received yesterday and they had a list of hospitals that run the courses.

Nothing at Preston, but are these any good for you?  Blackpool, Victoria Hospital 01253 955710 or  Burnley General 01254 733362. Otherwise is Liverpool, Manchester or Oldham.

Best wishes

Aneeebel, I just gone though the goody bag I received yesterday and they had a list of hospitals that run the courses.

Nothing at Preston, but are these any good for you?  Blackpool, Victoria Hospital 01253 955710 or  Burnley General 01254 733362. Otherwise is Liverpool, Manchester or Oldham.

Best wishes

Fiona...my allotment isn't perfect..potter about a bit! I just like to go for a walk and sit in the sunshine for a while! It's in a lovely spot...the park is on one side of the allotment site and fields on the other so it's like being in the countryside! 🌻🌳🍁 Yes..you're right! Perfect for chilling! 

Sorry you're feeling so out of sorts... hopefully you'll start to buck up a bit soon! 

Have a good w/e with your sister..   💗🌻 x

Morning Ladies

Well we do all seem to be in a good mood today 😁

Badboob, such good news to hear that your final chemo is on.  I'll be thinking of you and celebrating for you 🍾 Its one more tick in the box 👍🏻 And your surgery will be knocking on the door soon. I think you're one week after me 👍🏻

I'd love to see this allotment of yours Aneeebel, you spend so much time there, it must be amazing. I suspect it is a good place to chill out 😎 and so lovely that your granddaughter wants to go there with you 😊

ElliesMum, can you please ship your mum up to Matlock. I could have done with her tlc yesterday 😉

My day went downhill yesterday, didn't feel brilliant but temp was ok. I'm still battling the oral thrush but can now say I think it is on the mend. It just all got to me I think. Id had enough of feeling ill, and all that cancer does to you. I miss being with people in the day so I'm really glad I'm going back to work next week. Part time of course 😉 So my mental state wasn't brilliant yesterday. I guess we all have these wobbles. It just felt like it was never ending, treatment, s/e's, hair loss etc etc.

I've got my Look Good Feel Better workshop on Monday and am really looking forward to it. I didn't think I'd want to do it when I booked it in November (yes they are that booked up at Chesterfield 😲) but I had eyelashes and brows then 😉 So I'm glad to hear that the workshops seem to be a success 👍🏻

I'm still on operation tidy up, I gave up yesterday 😲 

The sun is shining🌞 the frost is clearing ❄ I might even put the washing out today 😉

Ladies enjoy your day and the weekend 💪💪🎀🎀💐💐

💜Fiona xxx

Morning Ladies...

With regards to the Herceptin injections.... If the drug is delivered to the patients house the hospital don't pay VAT on it so the VAT money is used to pay the Nurse to go out to the patients house to administer it and so it takes a bit of pressure off the chemo unit, as in fewer patients arriving! It seems to be working well according to the Nurse! Apparently the injections cost a £1000 each! 

It didn't hurt at all when I was having the injection but my hips/legs have been aching like mad since yesterday! I had the Herceptin intravenously as part of my treatment! 😷🤕🤒

Good news that your bloods are okay Badboob... Fab news that you're 'good to go'! It's a wonderful feeling! 🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉 Was your Look Good sessions arranged through the hospital? How nice that you enjoyed it and got goodies too! 🎀

That sounds like 'a bit of a trek' ElliesMum...🚙🚗 Its a fab idea for you to move to Preston... One of our lovely nurses will come and see you to administer your injection! Much easier and you won't need to pay for the car park either!! 😂😂

I bet your Mum is loving staying with you...and the little duckling! So sweet! 💗

Im looking after my Grandaughter today...it's a lovely day so no doubt we'll find something to do! She said she wants to go to the allotment so we'll probably potter around down there for a bit! We're easily pleased! Haha! 

Hope you're feeling okay 💜Fiona! 🎀

And you too Sar_ah... 🎀

Have a good day Girls 🎀

💗💪🏼💗💪🏼💗💪🏼💗

I’m so pleased you enjoyed the Look Good Feel Better session, Badboob! Excellent news that you’re all set for your final chemo on Tuesday. Woohoo! 🙌 

Aneeebel, I’m super impressed that you have a nurse come to your home to administer the herceptin injection. Like Badboob, I have to head to the chemo unit for mine. In fact, on Wednesday I get to visit the cancer unit in two different hospitals: Warwick in the morning, for herceptin, then Coventry in the afternoon, for my first radiotherapy session. That will be a fun day! 😳🤦‍♀️ Badboob, I think we should both move to Preston with Aneeebel! 😂

My Mum is amazing 😊 I’m so spoilt! My little girl adores her Nanna and has been following her around everywhere like a little duckling. 🐥 It’s lovely to watch.

Fiona, if it makes you feel any better you’re certainly not alone with the night sweats. I feel freezing, so rug up warm, then wake drenched in sweat and have to strip off layers and throw the covers off. It doesn’t help that I have a wriggly (and hot!) little person that frequently joins us at midnight... 🙈 I don’t know if it is a coincidence, but the last few nights have been a little better. Fingers crossed it improves for you! Will you head out for a walk today? It looks to be another glorious day here!

Big hugs to you too Sar_ah!

Xox 💕😘💪

Morning lovely ladies, I hope we are all perky on this frosty morning. 🤩.

Just been catching up on all your news, it’s seems you are all slowly recovering from the poopy poop of chemo, well done. 

Oh Elliesmum, your mum sounds amazing, and if you don’t mind me saying, knows her girl rather well.😂. I can just imagine her having a sneaky peak in your fridge and thinking, right I got to take control here and then nipping out to Tesco, and as for the gym on the same day, blimey she must be bionic! Enjoy her stay.

Aneeebel, I am impressed that you get your Herceptin jab at home! Is that your Health trusts policy? And I have heard that it hurts like hell, but yours seems to have been pretty painless. Thank goodness. I am also impressed that you have had them all the way though chemo, so you only have 12 more to go. I will restart Herceptin in three weeks and my choice is either Cambridge in the oncology unit ( half an hour away, terrible parking, very busy unit) or Haverhill health centre. (3/4 hour away, easy parking) so not much of a choice. I have also worked out they my last one will be in early October which seem a life time away!

Fiona, glad you are getting on ok but I hope the night sweats subside, I expect  that it’s your hormones mucking you around. I presume you are pre menopausal and it’s all the drugs confusing your poor body. It’s hard for partners when we are thrashing about! 😁

Sa_rah, I hope you are ok too.

All good yesterday with bloods etc, so now I can look forward to Tuesday and the end of chemo!🥳🤪🤩🕺💃🎉

Finally, I had a great time at the Look Good Feel Good session. If you get the chance to go on one of these, take it. Only 6 of us chemo ladies with 6 beauty therapists! So we were really spoilt and an amazing bag of goodies to take home. 

Hugs

Hi Ladies 🎀

The injection was fine... The Herceptin was delivered to my house at the weekend, the Chemo Nurse comes out to my house to administer it... It is injected into the front of your leg, at the top..."where there is a bit of meat!" and done quite slowly! The nurse then waits for 30 mins to check you're okay! My legs/joints are quite achey today... I think that's a s/e of Herceptin! 🙄🤒🤕

Are you having your injections at home ElliesMum?? 🎀

💜Fiona...the injections are every 3 weeks! 🎀

Good news that you managed your walk 💜Fiona! 🚶🏼🚶🏼🚶🏼 I've been to my allotment again...it's a glorious day here in Lancashire! Hope you have a fab w/end with your sister 👭 💗

Your Mum was on the ball ElliesMum...shopping and gym on her 1st day! I bet your little one is enjoying having her Grandma spoiling her! 👶🏼 

Good news that you have your date for rads...apparently you're only in the rads machine for 2 minutes (literally)... My friend had it a couple of years ago! 💪🏼🎀

How are you doing Sar_ah? Are you any better? 🎀

Bad_boob...not long until your final chemo!! It's on Tuesday isn't it! 🎀

I could do with a nap...I feel so weary! 😴 Is it too early to go to bed?? Haha! 

Have a a good day Girls x 💗💐❤️

💗💪🏼💗💪🏼💗💪🏼💗

Glad to hear your mum's arrived safely, ElliesMum. She doesn't waste any time does she? Shopping and gym on her day of arrival! It's tired me out just thinking about it.

And great news on your rads start date. The sooner you start the sooner it's all over. Fingers crossed it all goes well for you 🤞🏻

I'm feeling a bit better each day thank you. I think a lot of it is mental because i know ive finished chemo.

Yes, Aneeebel , I did 2.3 miles yesterday which included 3 inclines which felt like mountains but I managed them very slowly without stopping or feeling sick so huge achievement for me now 😁👍🏻

I've got the Macmillan move more DVD and might start that next week and have also ordered Dr Yoga's breast cancer yoga DVD to try and get some strength back.

I'm on operation housework before my sister turns up tomorrow night. I don't know why I'm so bothered, she's not the most houseproud person I've ever met 😉

Are the Herceptin injections just a 5 minute job? I presume you still have to go into the chemo unit for these? Forgive my ignorance but I'm not on it so don't know. How often will they be?

Well ladies enjoy your day, I hope everyone is well 💪🎀🤗

💜Fiona xxx

Great news about your PICC line, Aneeebel! I was so pleased to get my Hickman line out. I have a new appreciation for how fabulous having a shower is! 🚿 How was having herceptin without chemo? Sadly I’m not as far along as you (I was told they can’t give herceptin alongside FEC as both can cause heart issues) so I have 16 herceptin injections to go. 🙈 I’m hoping the herceptin-only side effects are very mild! 🤞

How are you going, Fiona, Sar_ah and Badboob? I hope you’re all feeling ok. Fiona and Sar_ah, are you starting to emerge from the chemo fog yet? Hopefully each day you are feeling a bit better than the last!!! When is your final chemo, Badboob? I seem to have lost track of your treatment schedule (sorry!) and I don’t want to miss celebrating your final session! 🥳

My fabulous Mum arrived safely yesterday. I managed to fit in a grocery shop in the morning, and proudly displayed the food in the fridge and pantry. Mum insisted on doing another grocery shop “just to get one or two items” I had overlooked... and she came back with several full bags! 🤦‍♀️ At least I made an effort. 🤷‍♀️ My Mum is very fit and active and so wasted no time in joining the local gym. She signed me up too, 😂 so I had my first gym session yesterday. The attempt to get fit starts now!💪

I received confirmation of my radiotherapy start date yesterday. I start in 6 days!?! Sooner than I expected, although it will be good to get it over and done with. I don’t know how other people have juggled radiotherapy and work... I might need to read up on some of the other threads to see what people managed. I would like to work throughout, but may need to work from home as I suspect travelling north for treatment (Coventry) then south for work (Oxford) every day will be too tiring - not to mention time consuming. 🚙 🚂 

I hope you all have a wonderful Thursday (and Valentine’s Day)! Xox 💐💕😘

Hi Ladies 🎀

💜Fiona..the night sweats don't sound like fun!

I had phases where I was frozen to me marrow and then the next thing I would be boiling...my hubby said he was fed up of faffing with the central heating! Haha!

Hopefully you'll feel well enough to go to work next week! 💪🎀

Did you manage to go for a walk?🚶‍♀️🚶‍♀️🚶‍♀️Hope you had a better day x 🎀

I was very brave and went to the chemo unit to have my picc line removed! To be honest..I was scared to death! I don't do gory things very well! I had a bit of a sweat going on!! Haha! But at least it's out...💪

(I only shouted Oh 💩 once!! 😂)

I had my first Herceptin injection yesterday and found out that as I've had Herceptin with my chemo every cycle I'll only need 12 injections as opposed to 18, so that's good news! 💉💉💉

How are you other Ladies? Hope you're well! 🎀🌻

Stay strong Girls 💪💛🌻

💗💪💗💪💗💪💗

Morning Ladies

I hope you've written your shopping list ElliesMum 🤣 Seriously, though, have a fantastic time with your mum and hopefully she'll spoil you after what you've been through. You deserve it 🤗🎀

I hope all you other ladies are doing ok. It sounds like all the dates are starting to come good with everyone now. We just need to get you Badboob through your last chemo and we can all celebrate 🍰🍾🍷 I really can't wait to get some normality back in my life , to take back control. I was supposed to go into work for a meeting today but hubby decided it was probably best if I didn't do it. I'm definitely going to start back next week. This 💩 can't take control of me any longer.

S/e's are reasonable (Oral thrush again). But the night sweats are awful. I've got all the bedroom windows open, whole body out of the covers and I'm still melting. When will it ever end? I'd like to sleep for 2 hours without being woken up because of the night sweat 😴

I couldn't manage a walk yesterday (had a bit of a moment when I thought I was going to pass out or be sick at the table) so I need to get one in today, best do it early before I get tired again 🚶‍♀️

I hope you all have a great day, I think the weather is going to be quite good today in Matlock. 

Take care ladies 🤗🤗🎀🎀💪💪

💜Fiona xxx

6 months is ages.... 😍💗

I'm excited for you! Ha! 

😍😍😍😍😍😍

@ElliesMum wrote:

Haha no, I haven’t been grocery shopping yet. 🙈 Thanks for the reminder, Aneeebel! 😂 I’m taking tomorrow off work and I’m not collecting my Mum until 11 am, so I’ll have a few hours to get my act together in the morning...🤞

I haven’t seen my Mum for 6 months. It’s not that long, but given the crap we’ve all been dealing with it will be great to see her. 💐

Have a great night everyone! Xox 🥰

Haha no, I haven’t been grocery shopping yet. 🙈 Thanks for the reminder, Aneeebel! 😂 I’m taking tomorrow off work and I’m not collecting my Mum until 11 am, so I’ll have a few hours to get my act together in the morning...🤞

I haven’t seen my Mum for 6 months. It’s not that long, but given the crap we’ve all been dealing with it will be great to see her. 💐

Have a great night everyone! Xox 🥰

Hi Ladies, hope you're all well 🌻

ElliesMum, Thankyou for being so kind and encouraging... 🌺

I know it makes sense to have a MX but it's been my biggest 'fear' since all this started 👙

I'll be okay! 

I bet you can't wait for your Mum to be here... How exciting! Is it a while since you saw her?

Have you got your shopping done!? 😉 Have a wonderful time and enjoy every minute with your Mum 💗

How are you other Ladies? 🎀

💗💪🏼💗💪🏼💗💪🏼💗

Excellent news on your appointment, Badboob. It’s great to have a timescale and to know what to expect for the surgery. The countdown is on for your final chemo too. Almost there now! 👍

Aneeebel, nothing I can say will make the situation any better. Needing a mastectomy is crappy. However, as others have said, it’s a case of needs must. My tumour was multi-focal, and the primary tumour was quite large (5.5 cm), so I wasn’t given the option to have a lumpectomy either. You’ve done the hard work and survived the horror that is chemo. 💪 I know I did things the other way around, but I honestly found recovering from surgery so much easier - physically and mentally. We are all different, but you might surprise yourself. You are so strong! 💕👊💐

How are you feeling, Sar_ah? Are you still feeling ok, Fiona? 🤞

I’m still waiting for confirmation on my radiotherapy appointments. It should be starting in a week from Friday, so fairly soon now! My lovely Mum arrives tomorrow - yay! 😊

Thinking if you all! Xox 😘

MBJ

Hi Badboob

Well that's good news for you then. A plan is always good and dates are even better gives us some control. Let us know how the look good session goes I hear they give lots of nice freebies.