Re: October 2018 Chemo starters

How are all of you lovely ladies getting on? Are you well enough for chemo this week, Sar_ah? Feeling ok after your spell in hospital, Fiona? Temp still under control, Aneeebel? 🤞💕

I hope you’re doing alright now, Mrs fingers, and you too, Badboob! 💪

The good news is that I’m feeling pretty well, all things considered. The reduced dose has made such a difference!!! The bad news is that my little girl has come down with hand foot and mouth 🙈... I think I’ll need superpowers to comfort her whilst trying to avoid catching it myself! Lots of antibacterial hand washing! 😂

Love to you all. Xox 💕💐😘👊

Jencat that’s good to hear. My first fec was worse than the second two as well so maybe it’s a body shock thing.
As several of you have described it’s an out of the blue racking crushing pain. Paracetamol didn’t touch it. I ended up doubling up with ibuprofen. I’m trying to avoid codeine as it has unfortunate effects on my rear end 💩
The worst of the bone pain has now passed though my limbs and joints still feel knackered. Bone pain has been replaced with horrible indigestion. I feel like I’ve swallowed a golf ball and my stomach is so sore and bloated. A couple of other weird things...the soles of my feet feel really tender and are painful to walk on. And also my fingernails feel painful like they’ve been hit with a hammer and are about to fall off. All very random! 😫
So far I’m finding T more challenging than fec...it’s much more physically debilitating whereas I was ok and about doing daily walks on the fec.
Ho hum...not long to go and this will all be over...
Wishing strength to everyone to power through! 💪💪💪

Hi Fiona, I'm from Oct '17 chemo thread. Just wanted to say that like you I found T hard and had a lot of pain on the first one. (I wasn't sick at all on FEC, so I didn't find that too bad) I was given liquid morphine by the doctor, which helped. However the second T wasn't as bad, so wanted to reassure you. I think I read somewhere that our bodies have to get used to it. Also, I don't know if you have to have the daily injections, but I had to have 5 with FEC, but 7 with T and I always thought that I felt worse when I had them. I managed to negotiate with my onc that if my blood test was ok before my 2nd T that I could go back to 'only' having 5.

Hope you managed your stroll, it's been sunny here in Kent too x

Hi ElliesMum... I still feel a bit wishy washy to be honest! And my temp is going up again! 🙄🙄🙄 The hospital are due to ring me at some point today so I'll mention it to them when they call!!! Fingers crossed they don't ask me to go up!! 🤒

I hope you're all doing a bit better today.... I haven't had any bone pain as I'm on a different regime to you! Must not be a side effect on my chemo or I would definitely have got it.....my body doesn't like medication, it comes out in all sorts of side effects!!!!

Thinking of you all X 🎀

💗💪🏼💗💪🏼💗💪🏼💗

Oh Mrs Fingers, just try and get through each day💐 We all know what you're going through and are here for you 👭🤗 I wish I could wave a magic wand and get rid of this 💩 we're all going through.

I felt pretty much the same too after my first T, my body hurt so much I couldn't sit or lie down without being in pain. But then about day 5 I think I felt "normal" again, aside from all the other s/e I had. I'm absolutely dreading T number 2 next week.

🤞🏻 I hope everybody has a good day today with no temperatures, reducing pain from s/e, no emergency hospital visìts etc.

It's going to be a good day weather wise here in Derbyshire so I'm going to attempt a short stroll I think.

Thinking of you all 💐💐💪💪🤗🤗👭👭
💜Fiona xxx

I love the “brief” 2 hour nap, Fiona! I’ve had my fair share of those too! 😂💕 I hope hubby acquitted himself well and prepared a lovely dinner!

Mrs fingers, I too was totally unprepared for the physical bone aches that took hold a few days after T. I ended up back in the unit and they gave me oral morphine, after codeine didn’t touch it. I didn’t need much, but it took the edge off the pain. I recommend asking for it, or for some other form of strong painkiller if your team haven’t suggested it yet. I’ve had a reduced dose of T this cycle and, as I’m sure you’ll be pleased to hear, Fiona, the side effects have definitely been kinder to me thus far!!! 👍 I’m not out of the woods yet, and I still feel a bit crap, but compared to this time last cycle it’s a massive improvement. 💪💕🥰

How are you this morning, Aneeebel? I hope your feeling a bit better and that your temperature is behaving! Xox 💐🤞

Mrs Fingers...Sounds awful.... How are you feeling today? Thinking about you xx 😘🎀

Hope all you other Ladies are doing ok today xx 🎀

Stay strong x 💪🏼💪🏼💪🏼💪🏼

💗💪🏼💗💪🏼💗💪🏼💗

Well I thought I was getting away with it on fec. All I can say I can say is sweet mother of god, 3 days after my first T I was hobbling around like a 90 year old. I had to crawl to bed on my hands and knees. It feels like all my bones are being crushed in a vice, with an occasional stabbing for good measure. I have no strength to stand up or walk properly. To top it off I’ve just spent the day in hospital with a fever. I hope this is just a blip!

Aneeebel, well done on keeping an eye on your temperature. Fingers crossed there's no movement on it tonight other than downwards safely. 

ElliesMum, I hope your s/e aren't too bad. I'm hoping that my onc will reduce my dosage next week after this incident so I'm keen to hear how you're getting on. 

Ive just had a nice little nap. It was only going to be for 30 minutes but 2 hrs later I'm just about awake again! And hubby is preparing dinner 😃 I'd best go and supervise, or maybe not 😉

Take care Ladies, big hugs 🤗🤗

💜Fiona xxx

Good work calling in your raised temperature, Aneeebel!!! Very pleased they checked you over and will follow-up tomorrow. Best to be pro-active and nip things in the bud as soon as possible! 👍💕

I’m feeling ok, thanks ladies. Side effects are starting to kick in, as anticipated, but it hasn’t been terrible so far. Fingers crossed the reduced dosage helps! Xox 😘💐🤞

So pleased you're home Fiona... 😀😀😀🎀🎀🎀 x

My temperature went up gradually today so I've been up to the clinic...I felt quite grotty actually! Luckily my bloods were fine and no obvious signs of infection so I had one lot of antibiotics intravenously and they let me home!!
They'll ring me tomorrow to see how I am!
I must say... They're on the ball at the hospital! 😷🤕🤒

Hope you're doing well ElliesMum xx 😘

Love to you all xx 🎀

💗💪🏼💗💪🏼💗💪🏼💗

Thank you Ladies for all your kind words and warm wishes 💐

I have to say it is sooooooo nice to be back at home and to have had a decent night's sleep without any machines bleeping or obs being taken etc. Being at home is so good mentally for a person to heal, isn't it?

I was a bit anxious last night, being away from that safety net of hospital care but I'm getting there. I now know how the system works and am already getting the bag packed in preparation for another visit.

How are you all? I hope you're all good and s/e are being kind to you all.

Take care, stay safe and warm and 💪💪💪
🤗🤗🤗
💜Fiona xxx

Yay Fiona, woohoo! So glad you’re back at home. 🥳

I hope you are all feeling ok. Big hugs! 💕🤗💐

Welcome home Fiona! Phew! 

x

Yippeeeee.... Fabulous news 💜Fiona... 👍🏼🎀😘💤
Hope you had a lovely sleep in your own bed! 😴😴😴
Take it easy xx 💗

Hope all you other Ladies are well... Thinking of you all!

💗💪🏼💗💪🏼💗💪🏼💗
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉Fi 😁😁😁😁great news ❤️❤️❤️ymca on the 💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻all round, have a lovely nights sleep back in own bed 😘😘💕💕✨✨Shi xx

Hooray, they're letting me out tonight 😁😁😁

💜Fiona xxx
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Fi 😘😘yes it can feel like a long time especially over a weekend are you in the goldfish bowl or did you manage to bag your own room? If you get own room you can pretend it’s hotel room (basic) but still less noise 😘😘 keeping 🤞🤞🤞you get home tomorrow, on the plus side you are being kept safe and monitored which is exactly what you want so you can 💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻🥊🥊🥊🥊🥊celebrate ringing the chemo bell (hope your unit has one) 👍👍any requests for the chemo jukebox for us all to dance at the bottom of your bed to tonight? 😁😁💕💕✨✨Shi xx

Thanks Shi and yes I'm old enough to remember Agadoo. I'm more positive today fortunately and ha e accepted that it will be tomorrow at the earliest. They've only got the one 8 hr drip planned for me, nothing for tonight as far as I'm aware.

If I'd have known how long it might take I'd have accepted it easier but I didn't really get much feedback.

Fingers crossed for tomorrow's blood test.
💜Fiona xxx
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Oh Fi it’s frustrating. Glad you are getting on ok with oral antibiotics and good to see your team taking brilliant care if you and getting you dripped up 👍👍best to have the full works to keep safe no matter how 🤬🤬🤬it is ❤️❤️You won’t be ymca’ing with the drip go join me and the girls in a quick agadoo (hope you are old enough to remember that one) 😁😁😁keep 💪💪💪💪we’ve got hold of you 👭👭👭👭💕💕💕✨✨✨Shi xx