cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

October 2018 Chemo starters

Re: October 2018 Chemo starters

Oh Sar_ah that's so funny about your eyebrows 🤣

DiKat, sorry to hear that you've had to go to A & E but it's best to be safe. Fingers crossed you'll be sorted soon 🤞🏻

Aneeebel, I hope all is ok with you, thinking of you and sending you big hugs 🤗🤗

Badboob, I'm trying not to think about next Wed and surgery but it's not working too well. I'm not sleeping brilliantly because it's constantly on my mind 😴. I've got to have a wire fitted first to the clip to guide the surgeon to where the cancer was 😲. I think I'm getting to the stage Aneeebel was at last week. I don't want my boob messed with 😢 I know my surgery, being a WLE and not a Mx, won't be as traumatic as Aneeebel and ElliesMum's but to me it is. I keep telling myself it'll be fine, so many other women have gone through this before what can possibly go wrong? (I don't need any answers to that question 😉)

Gosh, ElliesMum, the end really is in sight for you now. Just 5 more rads to go (apart from the Herceptin of course)?  I'm so jealous 😉

I'm shattered today, 4 days at work is tiring still. And then I come home to another hospital appt, surgery follow up! My heart sinks each time I see the envelope 😣

I might go and have a little nap now.

Oh, I think I may be getting some eyelashes growing back, anyone else? I have a daily inspection of hair and am so pleased with every new hair that appears 😁

Take care everyone 🤗🎀

💜Fiona xxx

Oh Sar_ah, your poor eyebrows! 😂 Best of luck for your first rads session today. I suggest asking the radiographer to point out to you exactly what area is being irradiated, so that you know where to moisturise. It took a few days for my skin to turn pink... and only then did I realise that I should have been moisturising a much larger area than I had anticipated! 🙈 I’m 10 sessions down already - it has gone quite quickly! - and my skin is holding up ok so far. Hopefully you find it to be very straightforward and painless.🤞

I hope you start to feel better soon, DiKat. Good to hear that your team are being thorough and cautious.

Aneeebel, how are you feeling after your op? Has the surgeon been to see you? I hope you’re not too uncomfortable. We’re all thinking of you. Xox 💕💐😘

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Dikat glad you are getting it checked out, sorry I’m only just getting on now, been nuts at work today. If it is a delayed reaction to the t, see if they mention abraxane as alternative, another lady went on that when she reacted, I went back into fec for my last one after I reacted to 2nd t. Keep 😁😁😘😘and sending you ❤️❤️👭👭💕💕✨✨Shi xx

Thanks ElliesMum

I got told to go to a&e as soon as I mentioned chest pain. Currently at hospital, ecg was fine but am waiting to have a ct scan to rule out blood clots. Fingers crossed it’s just muscular/bone pain. Really didn’t want a ct but the doctor says that the blood test to detect clots is not reliable enough for someone on chemo! Thanks again xx

Afternoon ladies hope you are all well and Aneeebel you are recovering ok, we’re all thinking for you 💕

just on the way to number one of 24 rads sessions, looking forward to ticking them off! 

I went to a Pilates class this morning and my eyebrows (which I don’t normally draw on for a class) printed off on the mat 🤦🏼‍♀️ By the time left the mat was covered in “eyebrows” , I had the wipe them off the mat 🤣

Hope you slept well and are feeling ok this morning, Aneeebel! We’re all thinking of you. 💕💐😘

Butterflies before surgery are totally normal, Badboob. We will be sending positive and healing thoughts to you - and Fiona - in the next few weeks!!! Xox 💕💪

I hope your unit provides some options that work for you, DiKat. I found that only oral morphine helped me with the crippling bone pain on my first T cycle. It took until days 10-12 until I started to feel better. As with several of the other fabulous October 18 ladies, my docetaxel dose was reduced for the last two cycles and I found that really helped me. Keep drinking lots of water to help flush the drugs out of your system. Good luck! 🤞

Thanks for your reply FiMillan. I really hoped I would be improving by now, day 9. I am taking paracetamol and Ibuprofen for pain which does take the edge off(can’t take codeine) but what’s concerning me is that the pains are increasing. Hopefully my chemo unit will throw some light on it when I ring. I’ve got a feeling though that they are going to direct me to a&e because the worst of the pain is in my chest! Thanks again xx

Morning lovely ladies,

Hope we are all ok this morning especially Aneeebel. Hope yesterday went well and you will be home soon. ❤️😘🎉🎈

Fiona, hows the butterflies? I’m starting to get nervous but trying not to think about it just yet! Glup! 

Pre op assessment on Monday so that will make it all real.😱 Just trying to keep busy.

Hugs

Aneeebel, hope all went well yesterday 🤗🤗🎀🎀

💜Fiona xxx

Hi DiKat , like Sar_ah, my first T was horrendous. After a couple of days I felt like I'd been in a fight with Mike Tyson and definitely lost it 😀 I suffered with oral thrush every T cycle so I'd suggest you seek advice as it always started with a sore throat.  I think after about 5 or 6 days the bruising pain started going. I had a reduced dose for the last 2 cycles which helped greatly. My onc gave me codeine but I never took any as the pain wasn't as bad. The filg never seemed to cause me a problem. 

If you're in any doubt phone your helpline.

Best of luck.

💜Fiona xxx

Sar_ah

Thanks for your reply. I’m going to phone them today. The pains are getting worse, particularly in my chest, neck shoulders. It’s such a weird feeling, almost like having broken ribs. Thanks again x

DiKat, not sure if I’m any use but i found the first dose of tax similar to what your saying, I was fine for the first 3-4 days then it knocked me for six Smiley Sad I would def suggest phoning the unit (I got told off for not doing so) there may be something they can give you or suggest to reduce the way your feeling, the only thing I found especially helpful was plenty of fluids! I had my dose reduced after the first one (recommend by my consultant) to 80%, it’s personal choice but side effect wise was a massive difference.

i hope you turn a corner soon and feel better xx 

Hope today went well for you Aneeebel and your getting lots of recovery time over the next few days 💕💪🏻Xx

I hope everything went well with your op today, Aneeebel. We’re all thinking of you! Sweet dreams! 😴💕💐😘 xox

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi dikat I didn’t use the Jamaican black castor oil or the new bar from lush till after all treatments were done. But that was just me, I was 😳about anything interacting with anything on chemo and rads so was proper goody tooshoes. Sorry you’ve been in so much pain on the t, do ring your unit too, they could maybe prescribe something to help you 😘😘💕💕✨✨Shi xx

Thanks Holeinone

Pleased that your chemo has now finished.

Best wishes x

Hi Dikat

I'm from November chemo starters and thought I would answer part of your question. I am also on Herceptin and after first T was totally floored by bone pain for around a week. I understand the first Herceptin is a big loading dose, but my onc told me the pain comes from T, Herceptin and the filgrastim injections. With me the pains lasted around 5 to 7 days. I did also get quite intense nail bed pain as well, sorry to say. I have had my last chemo now and the bone pain has lessened with each T. The sore mouth lasted around a fortnight, I have mouthwash and use it every couple of hours and also brush with bicarb toothpaste.

Best wishes xx

Hi lovely ladies

popped in from December and was just wondering if you could help me out on a few things. Had first Tax with Herceptin and Pertuzimab last Wed so day 8. First couple of days were great then started with aches & pains, sore mouth & throat, diarrhoea last 2 days which I seemed to get under control with Imodium. I thought I would be turning a corner by now but at 2am this morning, pain was worse than ever. It’s particularly bad in my lower back, neck, shoulders, tops of arms and I’ve got a heaviness almost bruised like feeling in my chest. Not sure if it’s combo of tax and Filgrastim. Had 5 filg, got 2 more to go. Just wondered if any of you experienced similar and at what point in cycle you noticed an improvement. Also, I didn’t lose all of my body hair on FEC, still have nasal hair, arm hair, but of hair on upper lip and eyebrows and lashes.  I’ve started to get quite a fuzz on top of my head, leg hair and lady garden hair also making a return. Is it ok to start using Jamaican caster oil now or should I wait until finished chemo. I’ve got 2 more cycles of THP then surgery. Had full dose THP this time btw. Thanks, will really appreciate your thoughts x

Yes Aneeebel, next Wednesday (must be breast surgery day as Badboob is the Wednesday following) but let's get you through today first 🤗🤗🤗

Let us know how you are when you're up to it 😘

💜Fiona xxx

Thank you 💜Fiona... It'll be your op soon too!! 😘🌼🎀🌸 xx

💗💪🏼💗💪🏼💗💪🏼💗

Good luck Aneeebel, I hope it all goes well today 🤗🤗🤞🏻💪🎀🤗🤗💐

💜Fiona xxx

Thankyou for being so kind and thinking about me Ladies... And for holding my hand!!! 😘🎀

Im 'nil by mouth' after 12 so there's just about time for a double brandy or 2!!! 😳😳😳😳 (I could do with one!!!) 

💗💪🏼💗💪🏼💗💪🏼💗

Just wanted to wish you well for tomorrow Aneeebel! Will be there holding your virtual hand. 🤝 Hope you are home soon and your recovery is swift.

I’m very jealous of the hair photos! Being only 14 days out from last chemo I really can’t compete with you. I have one eyebrow left on one side and on the other side I have a bit of a sideburn! It sort of amuses me! Knowing my luck my first hair back will be my upper lip and chin hair. But I will settle for nose hair as I am fed of of dripping!👃💧💦💧

Sorry to hear about your nails everyone. I have now lost two and the rest are disgusting. But my toe nails are fine. Stange isn’t it.

Hope you get some sleep tonight Aneeebel, and good luck!🤞👍

Hugs

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Aneebel ❤️❤️❤️For tomorrow darling we’re here 👭👭👭and looking forward to hearing from you when you are ready 😘😘great hair photos ladies, get that Jamaican black castor oil rubbed on before easing with the lush red do bar called new 😁😁don’t be fooled though we all start with a nice sinead o’connor Then it grows and can go curly whirly whoooo 🤪🤪🤪 you just have to go through this till it’s long enough to straighten. As eyelashes come back get the mascara on ASAP go to beauty counters and ask them to let you have some of their wands they use to test mascaras on people, they are smaller and work well. My friend said train your lashes as soon as the start coming back, they do return quick once they start 👍😘😘💕💕✨✨✨Shi xx

Aneeebel, we are all thinking of you and wishing you a speedy recovery after surgery tomorrow. 💕🤞😘 I hope you manage to get a decent sleep at hospital tonight. If you have any issues, let me know and I’ll send my mother in law along to sort things out for you. She used to work at Chorley hospital (retired now) and is a force to be reckoned with!!! 😂

I love the photos, Fiona! 🤗 Your hair looks to be coming back really well. Mine has grown so much in the last few weeks, although I still have a few bald patches and a widow’s peak. While I don’t look much like my Mum at the moment, I do look alarmingly like my brother... 😬 Can’t wait until it all fills in and grows a little longer so I can try to tame it into some sort of style. 👍

Sar_ah and Holeinone, I really hope that it reverts back to the original colour - or at least doesn’t go too grey. I too requested no grey or curly hair, Aneeebel and Fiona, but at the moment I’ll be satisfied with pretty much anything! 🙈

I don’t have much in terms of eyebrows (thank goodness for microblading as I’m rubbish at drawing them on) and almost no eyelashes. Haha I too had no idea how much I would crave having nose hairs again!?! 🤷‍♀️🤣 My nose has been running almost continuously for months now.🤧

I’m really sorry to hear about your ongoing nail issues, Fiona. Chemo really is the gift that keeps on giving! 🤬 One of my big toenails is lifting too, and has been infected since cycle 5. I’ve had numerous courses of antibiotics, but they haven’t touched the infection. I will have to have the nail removed if it doesn’t fall off by itself as they need to “clean it out”, but my GP doesn’t want to send me to have this done for a few more weeks due to the infection risk. Sigh. At least I’m feeling much better! I hope all of you lovely ladies are too. 😎

Do be kind to yourselves, Sar_ah and Fiona, and give your bodies time to heal. One extra week has made a big difference to me. I managed to feel good after exercising today, rather than exhausted. First time since chemo that I’ve enjoyed a proper endorphin high!!! 🤗 It does come back! 💪

Hope you’re going well, Badboob. 🤞 Glad the photos were somewhat helpful for you, Holeinone, and best of luck with your recovery! 🌷

Apologies for the length of this essay... 🙈 Sending all good wishes your way Aneeebel! Xox 💕💐😘

Fiona...you have quite a lot of hair too! 

I'm way behind you and ElliesMum... I wonder if it's the difference in the chemo! 

I still have quite a lot of eyebrows and eye lashes...only lost a small amount of those! I'll try and get a piccie of my hair at some point!

I won't be relaxing at home unfortunately... I'm being admitted to hospital tonight! My surgeon likes his patients in hospital the night before surgery...it's to guarantee you have a bed apparently!

Thanks for holding my hand! 😘 x

💗💪💗💪💗💪💗

Darn, that posted before I was ready 😲 As you can see, I don't have a pretty head like ElliesMum, and look too much like my mum at the moment with this salt and pepper style I have going on 😣 Apologies the last photo is upside down, it wasn't on my phone 🙃

My nails are pretty horrible at the moment. I've got Beaus lines across all of them showing the first 3 cycles, discolouring and lifting off where the 2nd 3 cycles had caused pain. I'm seriously hoping they'll sort themselves out in time. I want to cover them up but then I'm not entirely sure it's good for them to be covered. 

Enjoy your evening ladies and Aneeebel I hope you have a relaxing evening tonight. We're all here holding your hand 👭🎀🤗

💜Fiona xxx

Aneeebel, I asked for blonde straight hair when it came back but somehow I don't think it'll happen. I used to be dark and wavy tending to curly in my later years although there was a fair sprinkling of grey that I'd cover up every 6 weeks 😅

20190305_162104.jpg

20190305_161834.jpg

20181019_143050.jpgOne week before chemo started

I do go bald at home but definitely not brave enough to go out in public in the nude 😉 I did wear a scarf today to work for the first time and I had to convince myself I didn't look like some fairground fortune teller 😂

Sar_ah, my eyebrows are coming back already I think but no eyelashes as yet. I think I'm starting to get some nose hairs too 🤣 oh how the little things please us these days 

Wow Elliesmum you have so much hair!! I’m jealous!

I’m extremely impatient and want hair now! 🤣 I’ll still have no eyebrows although I think I have a few eyelashes now! 

I wish I was as brave and you

all are and have no scarf on, I get annoyed with myself I’m not that brave! I have horrible hot flashes and not sweats and still have this poxy scarf on! 

It’s funny how it comes back a different colour, I read that it could change back to what it was like pre chemo as well after some time! 

Hi Elliesmum

I'm from the November chemo starters and wanted to thank you for posting your hair photos Heart It looks so impressive! Particularly as I am around 5 weeks behind you and with a similar starting hair colour. I have short dark hair coming through now and am so pleased to think in a month I could have a covering like yours. Incidentally, I think it will lighten back to your original colour once it has the air and sun at it. The under colour of my hair was that dark and the hair on show so to speak was mid brown to blond streaks, so have faith and I hope you soon start to show your original gorgeous hair colour!

Oh, you've got quite a lot of hair haven't you ElliesMum! It'll soon be long enough to plait it! It's a lot different colourwise to your pre-chemo hair! How lovely that's it's growing though... 

I said I'm not having grey hair and I'm not having curls... I'll have to have a word with someone!!! Haha! 😘💪 x

Hello Ladies 🎀

ElliesMum...I never went completely bald, although, the bits of hair I had left were very fine, sparse hair...we call it my bum fluff! Haha! My hair has started coming through but it seems darker than it was before! 🎀

Fiona... I usually wear a little beanie type hat when I go out but only because it's so cold with no hair, when I go to my appointments or even when I've been to the pub...I just go 'au-naturalle'... I rock the bald look! It makes me laugh when people look at me and then when they see me looking back at them they immediately look away!!

I did actually get a wig but I've never taken it out of the box...I couldn't bring myself to wear it!! 🎀 Glad you had a nice w/end in Whitby...just a shame to had to leave early! 😘

Thankyou to you both for your kind wishes... It means a lot to know you're thinking of me! One of my "friends" from work, who I've sat next to for nearly 3 years hasn't even text me once since I went off to start chemo (I won't lose sleep over it!) and yet we're all here for each other on here... so Thankyou Ladies x 💗🎀😘

💗💪🏼💗💪🏼💗💪🏼💗

Evening ladies, 

sorry again for disappearing🤦🏼‍♀️ Keeping on top of a these appointments and well just life in general is tricky! Although I am very grateful I’m getting to do it I’m just not great at keeping up with things 😬

i hope your all well? I had been giving myself a hard time about exercising and losing weight and then I saw a post today by a lovely lady in a fb running group I am in, she’s just over mid way though chemo and was speaking about she was trying to not be hard on her body reflecting on all the positive things it had done such as bear children, run distances and do the day to day things we take for granted.   I thought it was a really lovely thought (not sure if it helps anyone or I’m just rambling!) 

im glad the rads is going well for you Elliesmum, I start Thursday and have 23 sessions. 

I’m rather jealous of all your hair growth, I have very little and what I do have is blonde (I had dark brown hair before!) do you all go “bald” at home? I feel silly but the only person who has seen my naked head is my 2 year old, I won’t even let my husband see! 

Fiona, I’m finding the exercising and healthy eating challenging too. I can manage a Pilates class, but even 20 minutes on the cross trainer was too much over the weekend (almost fainted when I got off the machine)!?! I was weighed when I went in for my herceptin injection last week and I have put on a kilo since finishing chemo... I thought we were supposed to lose weight when the effects of the steroids wore off!?! 🙈 Aside from when I was pregnant, I’ve never weighed more or been less fit than I am now. 😔 I’m trying to be patient with myself. I think I might have to ban chocolate from the house (which will effectively put the OH on a diet too 😂)! Hopefully together we can all find things that work for us. You need to recover ahead of your surgery, so be kind to yourself and take one step at a time. 💪

I too look like I have a receding hair line. That was definitely not the case pre-chemo, as I took a photo of my shaved head before hair loss started properly and can see the difference. I’m told it will “fill in” as the hair grows back. I’m really hoping that happens! 🤞😬 I’ve only really worn my wig at work, and even then not every day as I found it itchy. I wore hats or beanies on the other days (not brave enough to go without anything at work yet). Could you wear just a beanie or hat (sans wig)? Being in a university setting, I can get away with wearing casual “work” clothes (jeans most days!); I appreciate that not all workplaces would be as flexible.

Off to bed now. 8.30pm is a late night for me now! 😂🙈😴 xox 😘💐💕

Evening ladies

We had a lovely weekend in Whitby thank you and the weather held out for us too 🌞 I'd had enough though by Sunday morning of constantly wearing the wig and feeling "different" to everyone else so we just came home.

I've got a reasonable covering of hair ElliesMum, not quite a full covering and there are still some sparse patches at the front. Hubby says it's my receding hairline and perhaps it was like that before but I know it wasn't. I keep wondering if the wigs are preventing the hair growth in these particular areas especially as I'm at work pretty much every day and so always wearing one? I'm not brave enough to go bald to work yet 🙃

Badboob, as for cars, I have a Jaguar XKR  as my weekend toy, but we also have an XJS  and a TR8 and a Bentley T1 and a Robin Hood (kit car). Yes, hubby likes cars, preferably British. He has been in the automotive industry all his working life.

Aneeebel, have you got any food left after your family came round 🤣? I hope you're ok and keeping yourself occupied. We'll all be thinking of you on Wed and sending you our best wishes and big hugs 🤗🤗

I've started my diet (again) and hopefully will stick to it this time. I put on a stone during chemo and I know it's going to be much harder to lose it as I don't have too much energy for exercising 😠 oh well, I'll just keep trying. The joys of chemo and it's side effects eh?

Take care ladies 💪🎀

💜Fiona xxx

Haha Badboob, my husband is being very good about having his mother-in-law move in! 😂 His view is that she is welcome for as long as she’s willing to help do the “night shift” when our little person wakes up. (Our daughter has always been a terrible sleeper!) As we don’t have any family nearby - his parents live in Lancashire, his brother is in Jersey, my family all live in Australia - it has certainly made life easier having my Mum around, especially when I was admitted for the flu. 🤧 However, I’m sure he is also secretly relieved that she won’t be here for too long! 🙈

I’ve been using MooGoo Udder Cream moisturiser. It’s been fabulous. Highly recommend it. I was given a MooGoo “oncology” gift pack by a friend before starting rads. This friend works in the medical field and told me it was the best stuff around. I haven’t tried any other products, so don’t have anything to compare it to, but it’s working for me. 👍

Best of luck with your op, Aneeebel!!! We will all be thinking of you and wishing you a speedy recovery. I know that this is a “chemo” thread, rather than a “surgery” thread, but I’ve love to hear how you get on. We’re all thinking of you. 💕🤞💐

How was the rest of your weekend in Whitby, Fiona? I’ve ditched the wig recently and just been wearing beanies outside or going semi-bald indoors. I say semi-bald, as I now have an almost full covering of hair!?! It’s very short, fine and fragile, and also growing in every direction, but it’s a start. 💪🍾🎉 How is everyone else’s hair regrowth going?

Hope you’re all well. Xox 😘🤗

Hello Ladies... how are you all doing on this horrid, wet, miserable Sunday? 🌻

Badboob...I'll let you know about our executive frog pond! 🐸 When we 1st got our allotment there were loads of frogs round and about so hopefully we'll get some moving in! 🐸

Good news that you don't need to go to the appt! At least you know it's nothing untoward! 

Thank you for wishing me well... that means a lot! 🎀 x

Hope you're enjoying Whitby Fiona... has the weather stayed nice for you? 🌞☂️

ElliesMum...hope you're having a lovely day with your little Fam! 🐥🎀

Our daughter, grandkids and grandog 🐶 are coming for tea...I'd better lock the food cupboards! Haha!👦🏼👧🏼

💗💪💗💪💗💪💗

Hello everyone, I hope we are all doing well. Lovely to read your posts and catch up with your news.

Now Fiona, never mind the steps to the Abbey in Whitby, have you been to the Magpie Cafe for fish and chips! It has to be done! Worth the wait in the queue 😄. I am also interested in your classic Jag. Which model is it? DH is a bit of a petrol head and has been in the industry for years. He started as a trainee at Rootes and just loves his cars. I think if we had the space ( and cash )he would definitely get a TR4a. I think I have also solved your problem re wigs and drop heads. Simply get a long thin silk scarf and tie it round your head a la Isadora Duncan and you will achieve two objectives. 1. You will look very stylish and 2. You wig will stay on! 😂😂.

Elliesmum, good news about the radiotherapy and Herceptin, which moisturiser are you using? I bet your Mum is making herself indispensable, it must be a relief to know that your little one is been taken care of when you are back and forth to the hospital everyday, but how is your partner coping with the mother in law 24/7? 😉. Or is he enjoying being the only man in the house! 

Aneeebel, I am sure your Lottie is starting to come to life after the winter, it will soon be time to start planting. I just love your improvised frog pond, you must tell us if you succeed in attracting any, they will certainly help you with your slug control.  I am also aware that you op is this week, glup! 😱 I would just like to wish you well and hope that you are home quickly. I will be thinking of you.

I am doing ok. I have at last got to the bottom of my mystery oncology appointment, a mistake 🙄, but it has taken loads of phone calls and finally in desperation I rang my BCN (twice) who eventually got back to me to to confirm it was an error! It’s a good thing I haven’t got anything better to do😂😂. I am just trying to keep well before my pre op assessment in a couple of weeks, I really don’t want surgery to be delayed for any reason.

Hugs to you all 😘

Hi Ladies...

Enjoy your w/e in Whitby Fiona... Treat yourselves to a bottle of bubbles to celebrate your fabulous news! 🍾 We've been to Whitby a couple of times but it was a long time ago! Well done on walking up the steps to the Abbey! I would have needed resuscitating! Hopefully the weather will stay nice for you...it's just started raining here! ☂

(I'm not a very good sleeper at the best of times but seem to be getting worse! Too much going on in my head no doubt!) 

ElliesMum, fab news that your treatment is going well! Have a lovely snooze..😴💤

Have a lovely evening x 🌸🌼

💗💪🏼💗💪🏼💗💪🏼💗

Aneeebel, your granddaughter sounds absolutely adorable! I love the improvised frog pond - excellent idea 🐸 

Fiona, fabulous work making it up all of those steps. I hope you have an amazing weekend away. Enjoy your double celebration!!! 🍾 

My skin is a little pink, but I’ve been moisturising the whole area 2-3 times every day and it has help up well so far. I haven’t timed it, as they have to get you in a precise position and my arms are out of the way while this happens, but I would estimate that the treatment itself takes under 5 minutes each session. My lovely Mum is staying for another 3 weeks. Little duckling is doing well, thanks! 🥰 Loves having her Nanna to stay and cater to her every whim. Speaking of which, my OH has taken the little one out for a walk so I can have a nap - so I’ll stop typing and get some sleep now.

I hope you all enjoy the rest of the weekend! Xox 💕💐💪

Morning Ladies

Do you ever sleep Aneeebel?😉 You're always up so early 😴. I like the sound of your day, picnic at the Lottiewith your granddaughter 🍞🥕🍓

I'm really good, thanks. And yes, the beanie survived the trip home the other day 😁 I'm enjoying being back at work and getting a sense of normality back too.

We're in Whitby this weekend. It was to celebrate the end of chemo but of course as you know I had even better news this week with the surgeon saying how well chemo had worked. We arrived yesterday and I managed to walk up the 199 steps to the Abbey, only stopping once and rather out of breath but it was a major achievement to me 🏆 Everything that is normal to other people can be a major task for us now, can't it? So I'm learning to celebrate these little victories 😂

ElliesMum I'm so pleased that you're doing well and that the injections and rads aren't causing you any issues. That must be a relief 😉 How long is your mum staying with you? Are you going to work while having rads or working from home again for the duration? And how is everyone's favourite duckling? 🐥

Badboob and Sar_ah, I hope you're both ok? Badboob, are you now starting to feel better, having had your last chemo? I can't believe how much better I feel emotionally knowing that part is over 😁 it's like a massive weight has been lifted and I'm starting to get a life again 👍🏻

Currently the sun is shining in Whitby,  I'm not sure how long it'll last but who cares? At least I don't have to worry about the rain making my hair go frizzy 😂

Have a lovely weekend Ladies 🎀🎀💪💪

💜Fiona xxx

Morning Ladies... 🌞

How is everyone? 

ElliesMum...good news that your radiotherapy is going well! How long are you actually in the machine? Do you have to moisturise your skin? 

Im pleased your Herceptin injection went okay...I'd read on the forum that a lot of people found it painful and had massive side effects, so it's wonderful news it hasn't affected you! 🎀

Was your beanie safe on your drive home 💜Fiona? 😂👒🚗 How are you feeling? 🎀

How are you doing Badboob? 🎀 And Sar_ah? 🎀

I'm looking after my Grandaughter this morning...we'll be off to the lottie with our picnic (if it's fine!) 

She has her own little bit of garden with flowers in, we've put a bird box up 🐦 and she's got a frog pond (well, it's a dustbin lid!! 🐸) so she's quite happy pottering about!

She's funny...she can talk a glass eye to sleep!!! She'll have a few tales to tell, no doubt!! Haha! 👩🏼

Have a good day 🌼🌸😘💪🏼 x

💗💪🏼💗💪🏼💗💪🏼💗

Hello lovely ladies, I hope you’re all as well as can be. I’m doing pretty well with rads so far. Six sessions down, 9 to go. Skin is pink but holding up ok so far - fingers crossed it stays that way.🤞 Goodness me I’m tired though. 😴 I’ve needed a nap every day this week!?!

Aneeebel, I’m very pleased to report that, like you, I found the injection of herceptin to be fine. No obvious side effects. Yay! 👍

I hope everyone has a relaxing weekend. I know that surgery is coming up for some of you. I will be thinking of you all and wishing those of you going under the knife a swift recovery. Xox 💪💕😘

Hi Everyone...

💜Fiona... I don't feel too bad thanks but still struggling to breathe and walk at the same time, I get so out of breath! My hubby is mostly okay now..thanks! 

We've been to the lottie... We (that's the royal We!) are building a netted area so the birds can't eat our crops so I've been supervising and passing my hubby the screws and holding bits of wood! I'm very helpful!! Haha! 

Hope you get home with out losing your head gear!!! 😂🚘

Hope your chest clears soon ElliesMum 🤧🎀

Hope you're doing ok Badboob and Sar_ah 🌻🎀

What a glorious day it's been today... I think it's meant to rain tomorrow!! 

Take care 🎀

💗💪💗💪💗💪💗

I hope all goes well with your Herceptin today ElliesMum 🤞🏻. With regard to the rads, is it the rads making you tired or more the travelling or just everything on top of the chemo? I think we're all in love with your mum and your daughter, it all sounds beautiful 😙😙

Badboob, it's good to hear that you're starting to feel better. I know for me it was more knowing I'd finished with chemo. Both my parents said I sounded a lot better when I spoke to them last week. This is a mental battle as well as a physical one but we are all winning so far 💪💪🎀🎀

Aneeebel, how are you? And how is your husband now? I hope you're both ok. Is it a trip to the allotment today? You've inspired me to buy some seeds for growing 🌱🌱 Whether I'll actually get round to sowing them is another matter 😂

Off to work in my Jag again today as this might be the last day of really good weather for a bit 🌞 I've packed a beanie for the drive home though so I can have the top down and not lose my wig 😉

Have a great day 🤗🤗🎀🎀

💜Fiona xxx

Yay Fiona, what wonderful news! So pleased for you!!! It makes the pain and 💩 of chemo all worth it. 👍💕💪💐 I’m celebrating with some sparkling water! 😂🥳🍾

Badboob, I’m really happy to hear that you’re feeling better. More excellent news! 🤗🥰🎉

Aneeebel, my little duckling and her bestie are doing well thanks. 🐥👼 Still getting lots of extra cuddles since I came out of hospital last week! (I think little one is worried I might disappear into the void of the NHS isolation ward again - I’m sure she’ll forgive me soon!🤞) I’m feeling much better and am almost  over my flu 🤧 just coughing up some revolting phlegm and mucus now. 🤢 Should clear up soon! Rads going well so far too, just tired. First herceptin by itself tomorrow, so hoping that’s kind to me too.

I hope you all have a fabulous Wednesday! Such glorious weather today - feels like Spring has arrived! ☀️🌳🌷xox

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Fimillan 👍👍💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻Great news lovely 😁😁 blooming marvellous 😁badboob quick list for you and anyone else who needs list of things before ops. Button front pyjamas (short sleeve ones good if you are having a drain) dressing gown with pockets and inside tie bit again helps if you are having bottle and drain, sliders so you don’t paddle barefoot anywhere. Lip balm, hand cream, good bras are M&S ones with zip front and racer backs get 2 sizes up I’m a 36 and got a 40, it was comfy. Zip front fleece/cardigan are great post ops as it can be a bit 😬trying to pop jumpers on (maybe that was just me but I didn’t want any stitches popping) no heavy lifting and no hoovering either post op. Hope that helps a bit 😘😘💕💕✨✨Shi xx