cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

October 2018 Chemo starters

Kip

Re: October 2018 Chemo starters

Hello October ladies... just been reading your feeds (hope you don't mind) and nodding in agreement about your lovely words regarding Shi... she is a god send and has been helping me along too (I'm from June Chemo last year).  

I can see some of you are approaching or just had operations.  I had a MX before my chemo (last May) with sentinel node biopsy.  I then had chemo and then had an ANC in October before radiotherapy, so I've had a mixed bag of treatment and spread out.   I opted to remain flat so have the single lonely boob left too but I have to say, I have completely adjusted to it, I am a fairly small boobed lady anyway so the one isn't too obvious but I use Knitted Knockers and love them.  I have my Mum knit them now and she's just made me a swimming one, instead of the fluffy filling you just stuff it with a shower scrunchie so it doesn't absorb water... used it twice bloomin' marvellous!   My scar goes from centre of chest to just before underarm (you can't see it under my armpit).  I was lucky that the surgeon managed to re-open the original MX scar to do the ANC, so I only have the one.   Keep moisturising it, I used Aveeno and still do and its fading very well.   Do as Shi said and keep up with the exercises, its very important that you do.  Take things easy as you heal, those drain bags are so fetching aren't they!   Not sure if you've had yours out yet Annebel but it really doesn't hurt at all, just a slight tug, I didn't even realise it had gone.   I'm going for a prosthetic fitting today (i found you have to chase up and appointment - well you do at my hospital).. not sure I will wear it but thought I'd get one anyway. 

I have also struggled a bit with moving on once the treatment finished... but Macmillam run a course called Hope (its countrywide I believe).  Its 6 sessions and I've had 2 so far.  Its a group thing and not just for breast cancer and so far its been amazing.. .just being able to chat with others in the same boat and realising you are not alone (just like on here) is incredible.  We've discussed stress, anxiety, setting goals etc and still to come is moving on, diet, exercise etc.  I would say if you can get on it, do it, it really helps.

Take care all

Kip

x

Ah bless you Aneeebel 🤗 I think if we all lived closer we'd meet at your lottie and give you big hugs every day 😁 It is tough but we are all here for each other 👭🎀

Shi is right, we ought to start thinking about a get together some time. I'd love to put faces to names and say a huge thank you to you all. 

Shi is also right, if you need extra help Aneeebel, go get it. This cancer affects us all in different ways and we should do whatever is necessary to get us through and over it 🤗😚

Well, I'm still trying to ignore tomorrow. If I think about it I just want to run away, like you wanted to Aneeebel. So I'm at work ready for a 5 hr meeting 😴

Have a lovely day, I doubt you'll be Lottie visiting today Aneeebel, it's definitely blowing a gale here. Not sure it was a good idea to wear a wig today 😲

🎀🎀🎀

💜Fiona xxx

Thanks for your advice Shi..... 😘🎀🌼 (The puzzle is in a lot of pieces at the moment!! 😔)

💚💛❤️💙💜💚💛❤️💙💜

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Thank you for kind words ladies 😘I’m only passing on all the tips, love and support I received off amazing ladies who had 🥊🥊🥊 this and I was lucky to meet mai7 at my first chemo and she bought the may17 girls with her to look after us oct17 girls and we had so many other amazing ladies look after us too, so it’s just passing the info on, it might be useful it might not, it’s all so different how the treatments make you feel, but having each other 👭👭👭on here means the world on the journey, get your special meet up planned ladies 💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻 Aneebel, you can get additional support if you speak to your teams, a lot of ladies do. Also there is Eaac if you are in Derbyshire and I believe one is opening in Leeds too, your Macmillan can arrange 4 free sessions for you if you’d rather be outdoors with rescue horses while putting the puzzle pieces of you back together because it can leave you feeling a bit like a jigsaw and you are there but just a few bits need to get clunked back onto you, hope that makes sense and you don’t think jigsaw puzzle what’s she talking about. 💕💕✨✨Shi xx

You did well didn't you Badboob... 🎀💪💗

And Yes...you're right...extremely difficult to come to terms with! I've cried several times... My other boob looks so lonely on its own! 👙🎀🤪💔

Sorry...I'll stop whinging for now (Did you say Phew!! 😉)  💔😥

We just need to get you and 💜Fiona through your surgery....💪💗

Morning lovely ladies, nice to hear from you all, so pleased you are doing well Aneeebel, I know how you were struggling I am sure it’s still hard to come to terms with what thIs horrid disease had done to you, and now we must all starting thinking of you Fiona to help you though your week. 😘. 

Well! Got to the hospital at 7.45 so I would be the first walk in. Got ticked off by receptionist for being too early ( am I bothered, nah! ) took enough stuff from a months stay. Food, iPad, tea in flask, book, magazines etc. At 8.10 get called and by 9.15 I’ve seen three nurses and am on my way to the Breast clinic for the research team to have an ultrasound. ( they are checking the efficacy of neo adjunctive chemo ) Additionally I had a call from my oncologist on Saturday cancelling my Herceptin jab as they want me to have an echocardiogram after every five infusions. The cardiac department rang me on my way from the treatment centre to the breast clinic asking if I could make Wednesday as they had a cancellation! The NHS can’t half move when it wants too.

My ultrasound wasn’t booked until 10.00 but as I am early she sees me straight away and I am back in my car by just before 10.00, amazing!  

I totally agree with everyone’s comments regarding this forum, it’s been brilliant to know that there are people out there who just get what you are going through, so thank you forum buddies❤️😘.

Lovely to hear from you Sarah and hope your life is on the up. Nearly there Elliesmum! You will be in New York before your know it.

Right Fiona! Keep busy and try not to think too much about Wednesday 😱remember you have us watching your back!😂👍

Hugs

Fiona...I know exactly how you feel with regards to your op! As you know I couldn't function! 

Keep your chin up... Thinking about you! 💪🎀

Thinking about you too Badboob... good luck with your pre-op! I'm sure you'll be fine! It's pretty straight forward! 💪🎀

💗💪💗

Morning Ladies 🎀

Hope you all had a good weekend?

I fully agree with you all, Shi has helped us through so much. I was in two minds originally as to whether to join the forum but I'm so glad I did. Without you all and Shi I don't think I'd have coped very well so a massive thank you from me to you all 😚

Glad to hear you're improving Aneeebel 👍🏻

Following on from your review ElliesMum I've already got my Udder Cream on order 😉 And yay, you're on your last few days of rads 😁 

How are you getting on Sar_ah?

Badboob, good luck with the pre op today 🤞🏻 How are you feeling about next week?

I'm getting really nervous now. I've been trying not to think about it but it's there in the back of my mind all the time. My dad and stepmum are coming down from Scotland to look after me as hubby has to work (I'm making him as theres an important test build he's trying to get sorted). So yesterday I was preparing 3 meals for the week and today I have to get on and finish tidying the house 💪 oh and go to work 🙃

On the plus side, I managed to stick to my diet despite hubby going off the rails and buying a load of rubbish yesterday 💪🤣 I don't think I'll be doing much walking though this week 😣 Does anyone else have achey legs? It's mainly the top half of my legs, the quads, which ache and it feels like I've been running marathons. I was hoping they'd be improving by now, especially as I didn't ocerstretch them at the weekend. 

Have a lovely Monday ladies 🎀🎀

💜Fiona xxx

DiKat...when I mentioned my nose always running and being bloody the Doctor told me it was because the hairs in your nose fall out so your nose runs and causes irritation on the inside of your nose...hence, the 'bloody snot'...for want of a better expression!! 😀😀 

ElliesMum...I haven't been too bad, thank you.... I'm still shocked at the length of my wound though...it's huge! Lots of bruising but that's to be expected! 

Your moisturiser seems to have done the trick for your skin...I'll have to order some! 

Shi... thankyou for always looking after us...you're so kind and sincere...you seem to find time for everyone! Hope you're doing well! 😘🌻🎀 xx

💗💪🏼🎀

I’m so glad you’ve kept your sense of humour, Aneeebel! 😂💕👍 How are you after the weekend? I hope you’re continuing to feel better each day and that the drains aren’t driving you crazy!!! 😜

Shi, I echo Sar_ah’s comments; it has been so helpful having your advice and suggestions  to guide us along the way. As it turns out, I haven’t been offered a prosthesis, and I had surgery before chemo... I will call my breast care nurse this week to ask about it! 👍 I do have had some knotted knockers, though, which have been fabulous. 🥰

Sar_ah, I felt incredibly tired from the beginning, although I was still recovering from the flu so it may have been a combination of things. How are you holding up so far? I’m feeling much better after 11 sessions than I did after 6 sessions. 🤷‍♀️ I suspect it is the chemo and flu side effects wearing off, along with my fitness level slowly improving. Loving the MooGoo Udder Cream. 💪 I had a review with my team and the radiographer was very (pleasantly) surprised how well my skin was holding up. She told me that, as I am flat-chested following a mastectomy without reconstruction, there was less tissue to absorb the deep x-rays and so my skin would be expected to break down more quickly. Glad that it has held up so well so far. Only 4 more to go!

Have you got everything organised ahead of Wednesday, Fiona? I hope you had a lovely relaxing weekend ahead of your op.

Love to you all! Xox 😘💕💐🤗

Kind of you to ask Sar_ah. I’m coping with the pain, taking 4 hrly pain relief. Had a bloody nose last few days, only when I wipe/blow its not pouring! Seem to have some diarrhoea every couple of days but Imodium sorts it. Have developed a horrible taste in my mouth. Things either taste overly sweet or salty. Drinks all taste weird, even water! This T does seem relentless but even with all this, still prefer it to FEC so far xx

Hi...hope you've all had a good day...

I haven't done much, understandably! Went to bed and had a nod for a couple of hours! 😴😴😴 That's about it! 

Thank you Sar_ah for your kind words! I actually feel better than I thought i would...keeping myself "topped up with pain killers" as advised by the anesthatist... he said there was no need to try and be brave and manage without them! 💪🎀

Thinking of you all... 🌻🌼🌷🌺

💗💪💗💪💗💪💗

how awful that they missed you out Shi, thank you for sharing with us.   We have been very lucky to have your advice, it has certainly been greatly appreciated Smiley Happy))

Aneeebel you are bloody amazing 💕 I love that you told your husband what was what Smiley Wink i hope that you are recovering more everyday and getting as much rest as you need! Good news your pre op wasn’t too bad Fiona, we’ll all be thinking of you Wednesday and badboob too! 

Dikat how are you feeling now? 

Elliesmum how are you finding the rads? My consultant told me I would be fine for the first few days then the fatigue will hit big time 😬

hole you have a lovely evening ladies xx 

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

👍👍well done you aneebel, loving your kick ass have a look it’s not going anywhere. The knitted knickers do both for day wear and for swimming and anyone who’s had lumpectomy or therapeutic mamoplasty get them too, you can pull the stuffing out and use in your bra, much better if we get a heatwave summer again, not as heavy if you have a partial from your units. Ensure you don’t get overlooked for your partials (like a chicken fillet) I went about 8 months as I’d been missed and don’t want any of you being in same position. 💕💕✨✨Shi xx

Morning Ladies... 🎀

ElliesMum... Nothing has leaked out of the drains so far, thank goodness! The District Nurse will take them out when they're draining at 30 mls or after 7 days... I have advised I will need a general anaesthetic as I'm scared of it hurting!!! She said Oh, don't worry, we'll be gentle!!! She obviously doesn't realise I have a very sensitive disposition!! (Aka a soft arse!! Lol!) 

i don't feel too bad this morning... Sooooooo tired tho! Can't keep my eyes open! 

How are you doing with the rads?🎀

And you too Sar_ah? 🎀

How are you feeling Fiona? Hopefully you're not in too much of a tiz waiting for Wednesday!! Do you go into hospital on the Wed? I had to go in the night before my op...to secure the bed! 

ElliesMum...I didn't have anything to eat or drink on the morning of my operation...hadn't had anything since 10 pm the night before so when I came to after my op I was so thirsty...someone was meant to be coming back to let me know if I could have water but they never did!

Make sure you have a drink if you can Fiona...

Will be thinking about you x 💪🏼

Badboob...Hopefully you're okay too...on the countdown to your op! 💪🏼

Have either of you heard of Knitted Knockers? Or you ElliesMum? A small group of woman knit knockers and you can request one in your size and its posted out to you! I've got a couple actually...I cried when mine arrived...they're knitted with so much love and attention and sent with a little card and a pkt of love hearts or a msg in a little netted bag...

My knitted knocker looked so lonely just sat there!! I'm assuming you will get a softee from the hospital but the KK is just another option! 👙

Shi...Thankyou for thinking about me...you're very kind! 

I asked my hubby if he wanted to look at my wound and he said Not now! I just said Well, it's not going anywhere so you might as well look...so I showed him! He promptly said F**kin Hell...it's massive!!! Ha! At least he's seen it! 💪🏼👙 x

Have a good day Girls xx 

💗💪🏼💗💪🏼💗💪🏼💗

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Aneebel 😘😘rest up and take it steady, first couple of weeks don’t try moving mountains. Get some sticky dots and put them on a door as you do your exercises so you can see little by little everyday you are making steady progress, just do it as you feels right for you, but do the exercises, you will regain movement very well ❤️A little too, I used aqueous cream on my scars when it has ready and I’ve no scarring at all, so might help. No heavy lifting or hoovering or anything like that for a good 6 weeks and keep those flight socks on 👍I did google an op the same as mine before I had my surgery it helped me to know what was going on if that makes sense. If anyone’s oh’s seem a bit strange after your ops, the way to make them feel useful and ok about it all is to ask them just to check the scar out for you when the dressings are off, just say can you just check this out, I’d value your opinion and do you think it’s ok? That’s how I got my oh over any reservations he was having. Hope this helps 💕💕✨✨Shi xx

It sounds like you’re doing really well, Aneeebel! 👍💐 Be careful getting up! I think whether you have one or two scars depends on where your first level of lymph nodes are (and possibly also surgeon preference). My surgeon prepared me for both, as he didn’t know ahead of time what he would go for. I ended up with a big mastectomy scar (>10 cm) and a smaller (maybe 4 cm) lymph node incision under my arm.

Good work for braving the op and not running away!!! 💪💕

Do you have any old towels, or an absorbent plastic-backed sheet of some sort? If so, I would stick it on the bed just to be safe. When one of my drains leaked it went all over me and the sofa! 🙈😬 Although you may be a lot more careful than I was. It was a week or two after the surgery and I had become complacent! 😂

I hope you all have a fabulous weekend! Xox 😘

Good Morning Ladies 🎀

Fiona and Badboob...

it's perfectly natural to be nervous about your ops!!! I could hardly function...my head was consumed by the whole thing! Although, by 2.15 on Wednesday I was actually wishing they would hurry up or I would have been doing a runner!! 💪🏼

My surgeon likes to get his smaller operations done first then the patients can go home!!! Don't mind me!! Ha!! 💪🏼 I did tell him to make sure it was nice and neat! 😂 I think I saw him roll his eyes to the ceiling at that point! 🙄😂

ElliesMum...I've got a bag too for the drains...quite handy! I hope they don't leak, at least not when I'm asleep...we've just got a new bed!! 💤

Sar_ah...that's funny about your eyebrows! 

I don't feel too bad in myself, well, until I nearly passed out with massive nausea and sweating... I couldn't get up from the chair!! Jeez...it was like chemo nausea all over again! 😩

I've had a proper look at my wound...it's bloody huge! I was shocked! For some reason I expected a separate incision for my lymph nodes!! Surely someone could have advised me the exact procedure... I'm convinced the docs/nurses/surgeons are that used to doing this type of thing they forget to explain things properly! (Sorry...I'm waffling!!) 

Have a good day Girls and Thanks again for caring x 🎀🌼

💗💪🏼💗💪🏼💗💪🏼💗

Aneeebel, I hope you’re starting to get some movement back on your affected side and that you’re not too sore. As Fiona so rightly suggested, have hubby look after you as you deserve to rest and relax! No lifting, and start on your exercises! (Gosh, I sound like my Mum...🙈) I had really painful cording and it took visiting a physio to realise that it can be easily resolved. The exercises really do help. 💕💐😘

Were you allowed to eat a big breakfast? I don’t know how you survived waiting until the afternoon for surgery. I would have been absolutely starving!!! Maybe have a big breakfast before you go in at 7am, Badboob! 😬 Do you know what time your surgery will take place, Fiona?

I hope your first rads session went well, Sar_ah. One down already! 👍🥳

Welcome home Aneeebel!❤️🎉💃 glad your op went ok and you are now back in familiar surroundings! Make sure you look after yourself.😉 Gosh having to wait until 2.15 must have been torture,  and I don’t blame you for thinking about making a run for it 😂.  I know I am on the afternoon list as my surgeon likes to do the mastectomies in the morning so I am prepared for a wait as I have to be at the hospital at 7.00am!  

Hugs

Aneeebel, I'm soooooo pleased to hear you're home and doing ok. You really are a strong and brave lady 🎀💪🎀💪 Take it easy for a bit now, get hubby to tend to your every need 😉

DiKat, it's good to hear it's nothing serious. I think the pain lasted about 5 days on my first T. And I only had achey knees on the final two Ts. Hang on in there, you will get through it. That particular nightmare is already starting to fade into the background for me as my normal life has resumed.

ElliesMum, thank you. I think I may push myself too hard because I feel ok then the tiredness builds up. No work tomorrow so a nice relaxing day ahead of me 😁

How was your first rads session Sar_ah? I hope it went ok. 

Badboob, the pre op is a doddle. I had to do a pee sample and another blood test, answered a lot of questions, found out I'm still fat 🤣 and was given a bottle of anti microbial shower gel to use for 5 days. 

Have a lovely evening ladies, and make sure you get plenty of rest Aneeebel 😴😴

💜Fiona xxx

Yay Aneeebel! So pleased you’re feeling ok. You are one tough cookie! 🍪💪💐

I found the drains to be quite annoying. I also managed to dislodge something and leak all over myself at one point, so do be gentle with them! 🙈 Do you have a drain dolly or a suitable bag to carry them around in? My hospital sent me home with one and I found it very handy when I was up and about.

In less than a week your surgery will be over, Fiona, and you’ll be a big step closer to the end of active treatment. It’s not fun having the knowledge that you’ll shortly be having an op hanging over you, especially if you’re a bit worn out from work and attending appointments. I hope you manage to get some decent sleep. Maybe try a daytime nap on the weekend! 😴 

Love and hugs to you all! Xox 🥰💕🌷👍

Thanks for your good wishes ladies. No blood clot or other nasties seen in lung so it is musculoskeletal. Just been told to carry on with pain meds x

Hi Ladies... 

Well, I've had my (dreaded) mastectomy... I didn't go to theatre until 2.15 so I was in a tizwoz waiting... didn't get back to the ward until about 6.15! I stayed in overnight..they usually let you home the same day but I wasn't really fit enough plus it was wet and horrible and it would have been about 10.30pm by the time I got home... 

Everything went well... the wound is quite long...it goes right across to the side of my torso as I had all my lymph nodes cleared too! I've got two drains in... 🎀

But, I didn't run away...even tho I felt like it a 100 times! I must be braver than I thought!! 💪

As you all know I was seriously pooping myself..I chewed your ears off enough times (apologies!) I am devasted though... i chewed your ears off about that too (so double apologies!) 💔

I actually feel remarkably well...better than I envisaged! 💪

Thank you for thinking of me and for all your best wishes...they mean a lot!🌻😘🎀

Hope you're all well... 🎀

💗💪💗💪💗💪💗

Oh Sar_ah that's so funny about your eyebrows 🤣

DiKat, sorry to hear that you've had to go to A & E but it's best to be safe. Fingers crossed you'll be sorted soon 🤞🏻

Aneeebel, I hope all is ok with you, thinking of you and sending you big hugs 🤗🤗

Badboob, I'm trying not to think about next Wed and surgery but it's not working too well. I'm not sleeping brilliantly because it's constantly on my mind 😴. I've got to have a wire fitted first to the clip to guide the surgeon to where the cancer was 😲. I think I'm getting to the stage Aneeebel was at last week. I don't want my boob messed with 😢 I know my surgery, being a WLE and not a Mx, won't be as traumatic as Aneeebel and ElliesMum's but to me it is. I keep telling myself it'll be fine, so many other women have gone through this before what can possibly go wrong? (I don't need any answers to that question 😉)

Gosh, ElliesMum, the end really is in sight for you now. Just 5 more rads to go (apart from the Herceptin of course)?  I'm so jealous 😉

I'm shattered today, 4 days at work is tiring still. And then I come home to another hospital appt, surgery follow up! My heart sinks each time I see the envelope 😣

I might go and have a little nap now.

Oh, I think I may be getting some eyelashes growing back, anyone else? I have a daily inspection of hair and am so pleased with every new hair that appears 😁

Take care everyone 🤗🎀

💜Fiona xxx

Oh Sar_ah, your poor eyebrows! 😂 Best of luck for your first rads session today. I suggest asking the radiographer to point out to you exactly what area is being irradiated, so that you know where to moisturise. It took a few days for my skin to turn pink... and only then did I realise that I should have been moisturising a much larger area than I had anticipated! 🙈 I’m 10 sessions down already - it has gone quite quickly! - and my skin is holding up ok so far. Hopefully you find it to be very straightforward and painless.🤞

I hope you start to feel better soon, DiKat. Good to hear that your team are being thorough and cautious.

Aneeebel, how are you feeling after your op? Has the surgeon been to see you? I hope you’re not too uncomfortable. We’re all thinking of you. Xox 💕💐😘

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Dikat glad you are getting it checked out, sorry I’m only just getting on now, been nuts at work today. If it is a delayed reaction to the t, see if they mention abraxane as alternative, another lady went on that when she reacted, I went back into fec for my last one after I reacted to 2nd t. Keep 😁😁😘😘and sending you ❤️❤️👭👭💕💕✨✨Shi xx

Thanks ElliesMum

I got told to go to a&e as soon as I mentioned chest pain. Currently at hospital, ecg was fine but am waiting to have a ct scan to rule out blood clots. Fingers crossed it’s just muscular/bone pain. Really didn’t want a ct but the doctor says that the blood test to detect clots is not reliable enough for someone on chemo! Thanks again xx

Afternoon ladies hope you are all well and Aneeebel you are recovering ok, we’re all thinking for you 💕

just on the way to number one of 24 rads sessions, looking forward to ticking them off! 

I went to a Pilates class this morning and my eyebrows (which I don’t normally draw on for a class) printed off on the mat 🤦🏼‍♀️ By the time left the mat was covered in “eyebrows” , I had the wipe them off the mat 🤣

Hope you slept well and are feeling ok this morning, Aneeebel! We’re all thinking of you. 💕💐😘

Butterflies before surgery are totally normal, Badboob. We will be sending positive and healing thoughts to you - and Fiona - in the next few weeks!!! Xox 💕💪

I hope your unit provides some options that work for you, DiKat. I found that only oral morphine helped me with the crippling bone pain on my first T cycle. It took until days 10-12 until I started to feel better. As with several of the other fabulous October 18 ladies, my docetaxel dose was reduced for the last two cycles and I found that really helped me. Keep drinking lots of water to help flush the drugs out of your system. Good luck! 🤞

Thanks for your reply FiMillan. I really hoped I would be improving by now, day 9. I am taking paracetamol and Ibuprofen for pain which does take the edge off(can’t take codeine) but what’s concerning me is that the pains are increasing. Hopefully my chemo unit will throw some light on it when I ring. I’ve got a feeling though that they are going to direct me to a&e because the worst of the pain is in my chest! Thanks again xx

Morning lovely ladies,

Hope we are all ok this morning especially Aneeebel. Hope yesterday went well and you will be home soon. ❤️😘🎉🎈

Fiona, hows the butterflies? I’m starting to get nervous but trying not to think about it just yet! Glup! 

Pre op assessment on Monday so that will make it all real.😱 Just trying to keep busy.

Hugs

Aneeebel, hope all went well yesterday 🤗🤗🎀🎀

💜Fiona xxx

Hi DiKat , like Sar_ah, my first T was horrendous. After a couple of days I felt like I'd been in a fight with Mike Tyson and definitely lost it 😀 I suffered with oral thrush every T cycle so I'd suggest you seek advice as it always started with a sore throat.  I think after about 5 or 6 days the bruising pain started going. I had a reduced dose for the last 2 cycles which helped greatly. My onc gave me codeine but I never took any as the pain wasn't as bad. The filg never seemed to cause me a problem. 

If you're in any doubt phone your helpline.

Best of luck.

💜Fiona xxx

Sar_ah

Thanks for your reply. I’m going to phone them today. The pains are getting worse, particularly in my chest, neck shoulders. It’s such a weird feeling, almost like having broken ribs. Thanks again x

DiKat, not sure if I’m any use but i found the first dose of tax similar to what your saying, I was fine for the first 3-4 days then it knocked me for six Smiley Sad I would def suggest phoning the unit (I got told off for not doing so) there may be something they can give you or suggest to reduce the way your feeling, the only thing I found especially helpful was plenty of fluids! I had my dose reduced after the first one (recommend by my consultant) to 80%, it’s personal choice but side effect wise was a massive difference.

i hope you turn a corner soon and feel better xx 

Hope today went well for you Aneeebel and your getting lots of recovery time over the next few days 💕💪🏻Xx

I hope everything went well with your op today, Aneeebel. We’re all thinking of you! Sweet dreams! 😴💕💐😘 xox

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi dikat I didn’t use the Jamaican black castor oil or the new bar from lush till after all treatments were done. But that was just me, I was 😳about anything interacting with anything on chemo and rads so was proper goody tooshoes. Sorry you’ve been in so much pain on the t, do ring your unit too, they could maybe prescribe something to help you 😘😘💕💕✨✨Shi xx

Thanks Holeinone

Pleased that your chemo has now finished.

Best wishes x

Hi Dikat

I'm from November chemo starters and thought I would answer part of your question. I am also on Herceptin and after first T was totally floored by bone pain for around a week. I understand the first Herceptin is a big loading dose, but my onc told me the pain comes from T, Herceptin and the filgrastim injections. With me the pains lasted around 5 to 7 days. I did also get quite intense nail bed pain as well, sorry to say. I have had my last chemo now and the bone pain has lessened with each T. The sore mouth lasted around a fortnight, I have mouthwash and use it every couple of hours and also brush with bicarb toothpaste.

Best wishes xx

Hi lovely ladies

popped in from December and was just wondering if you could help me out on a few things. Had first Tax with Herceptin and Pertuzimab last Wed so day 8. First couple of days were great then started with aches & pains, sore mouth & throat, diarrhoea last 2 days which I seemed to get under control with Imodium. I thought I would be turning a corner by now but at 2am this morning, pain was worse than ever. It’s particularly bad in my lower back, neck, shoulders, tops of arms and I’ve got a heaviness almost bruised like feeling in my chest. Not sure if it’s combo of tax and Filgrastim. Had 5 filg, got 2 more to go. Just wondered if any of you experienced similar and at what point in cycle you noticed an improvement. Also, I didn’t lose all of my body hair on FEC, still have nasal hair, arm hair, but of hair on upper lip and eyebrows and lashes.  I’ve started to get quite a fuzz on top of my head, leg hair and lady garden hair also making a return. Is it ok to start using Jamaican caster oil now or should I wait until finished chemo. I’ve got 2 more cycles of THP then surgery. Had full dose THP this time btw. Thanks, will really appreciate your thoughts x

Yes Aneeebel, next Wednesday (must be breast surgery day as Badboob is the Wednesday following) but let's get you through today first 🤗🤗🤗

Let us know how you are when you're up to it 😘

💜Fiona xxx

Thank you 💜Fiona... It'll be your op soon too!! 😘🌼🎀🌸 xx

💗💪🏼💗💪🏼💗💪🏼💗

Good luck Aneeebel, I hope it all goes well today 🤗🤗🤞🏻💪🎀🤗🤗💐

💜Fiona xxx

Thankyou for being so kind and thinking about me Ladies... And for holding my hand!!! 😘🎀

Im 'nil by mouth' after 12 so there's just about time for a double brandy or 2!!! 😳😳😳😳 (I could do with one!!!) 

💗💪🏼💗💪🏼💗💪🏼💗

Just wanted to wish you well for tomorrow Aneeebel! Will be there holding your virtual hand. 🤝 Hope you are home soon and your recovery is swift.

I’m very jealous of the hair photos! Being only 14 days out from last chemo I really can’t compete with you. I have one eyebrow left on one side and on the other side I have a bit of a sideburn! It sort of amuses me! Knowing my luck my first hair back will be my upper lip and chin hair. But I will settle for nose hair as I am fed of of dripping!👃💧💦💧

Sorry to hear about your nails everyone. I have now lost two and the rest are disgusting. But my toe nails are fine. Stange isn’t it.

Hope you get some sleep tonight Aneeebel, and good luck!🤞👍

Hugs

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Aneebel ❤️❤️❤️For tomorrow darling we’re here 👭👭👭and looking forward to hearing from you when you are ready 😘😘great hair photos ladies, get that Jamaican black castor oil rubbed on before easing with the lush red do bar called new 😁😁don’t be fooled though we all start with a nice sinead o’connor Then it grows and can go curly whirly whoooo 🤪🤪🤪 you just have to go through this till it’s long enough to straighten. As eyelashes come back get the mascara on ASAP go to beauty counters and ask them to let you have some of their wands they use to test mascaras on people, they are smaller and work well. My friend said train your lashes as soon as the start coming back, they do return quick once they start 👍😘😘💕💕✨✨✨Shi xx