319443posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

October 2018 Chemo starters

Community Champion

Re: October 2018 Chemo starters

Oh my goodness, Aneeebel! I’m pleased they happened to start you on the right antibiotics. Hopefully they start to work soon and you begin to feel a bit better.🤞💕

Here’s hoping we all have a good week this week - well, as good as can be expected, given the circumstances!😂💐💪😘🧣
Community Champion

ElliesMum, glad you're not feeling too bad! What a shame your little one is poorly just when you could do with a rest! Hope you both feel better soon! 💗💗 and yes, my grand babies are lovely....Thankyou, I love them with my whole, entire heart! 💙💗

Mrs fingers, that's what I do with the steroids too... Alto, I'm still awake half of the night!! 💤💤

I had a call from the Oncology department last night...
The results from my blood cultures were back from when I was in hospital and they're showing that I have the bug in my system that causes pneumonia!!!
I was so surprised that I actually asked him if he was sure he'd rung the right patient!!!
I could visualise him quickly scrolling through the computer to check!
I'd started antibiotics whilst in hospital which are the correct ones for the bug so I have to finish the course but if I deteriorate I have to go straight to A+E!!

To be honest....I still feel pretty grotty!
It's no wonder I keep saying I'm not for any more chemo!!! 🤒😷😫

Take care everyone xx 😘💐

💗💪🏼💗💪🏼💗💪🏼💗

That they do aneeebel! He has his moments where his very it is what it but mornewhere it’s hard. I can’t imagine how hard it must be for them.
ElliesMum it sounds like you’ve had a lot to contend with, with a poorly baby! Glad she’s feeling better now Smiley Happy and the haloperidol helped Smiley Happy I’ve been given some lorazepam to help with my anxiety but I haven’t tried them yet!
I’m going to bear it in mind with the steroids Mrs Fingers, I’ve finished this lot but there seems to be more with the T. Maybe later nights may help too!
Hope you all have a lovely day, being very fortunate and having a roast cooked for me today Smiley Happy)) xxx
Community Champion

So pleased you’re out of hospital, Aneeebel! I think we sometimes need to celebrate the little victories 💐😜

I’m doing ok after chemo on Friday. Super pleased to be done with FEC. Woohoo 🥳 I have had a few crappy days, however. I was prescribed Haloperidol last round which helped to knock me out so I slept through the worst of the side effects (I recommend asking for it, Sar_ah, and any of you ladies struggling to sleep). I wasn’t sick at all after round two thanks to the Haloperidol, as I slept through the worst of it. Unfortunately, it doesn’t knock you out well enough to sleep through the constant screaming of an unwell 1 year old...😭 So I spent the first two nights trying to help calm a hysterical baby whilst being sick. 🤢 Not a great combination. It’s tough having no family nearby! Oh well. We survived; the little one is feeling better, I’m still nauseous but not being sick anymore, and my husband is looking forward to going to work tomorrow to escape from it all! 🙈😂

While dealing with a baby is challenging at times, I must say that I am super lucky that she doesn’t seem fussed about the whole treatment side of things as she is too little to understand. She loves my bald head and thinks my hats are funny! 🥰 I’m afraid I have no advice on how to help older children cope with things. I hope that you each manage to find strategies that work. A combination of honest discussions and counselling - and assistance from the school - sounds very sensible. Your grandchildren sound lovely, Aneeebel!

Love to all. 😘💕💪

Sar_ah how awful of the school, I’m speechless!
With the steroids I struggled during round 1, awake on and off all night...now I’ve found a groove with them. I make sure I’ve taken both doses by 12 noon (1 at breakfast, one at lunch). I then have an afternoon nap (which I was told not to do!) and I’m ready for bed any time from 9:30-11 and I sleep through. I think I was so tired during round 1 as I was only sleeping 4 hrs a day. I was probably over tired. So for me the nap has helped.
X
Community Champion

Thank you Sar_ah... 💗💪🏼
Hopefully the counselling will help your son... He won't know what to think at the moment will he! It must be so difficult for him!
My daughters are adults but I have a 14 yo grandson who seems pretty 'laid back' about my breast cancer...he says he does worry 'sometimes' but knows he can come and ask me anything he wants...I'm not sure he's too keen on my No.2 haircut though! 😂 (Which is rapidly disappearing!) My granddaughter is 9... She said she's worried about me but she's also taking things as they come, she knows I might be poorly with the drugs but she's going to look after me! 💙💗
Keeping everything crossed that your son starts to cope with things a bit better soon xx 💙💙

Have a fabulous day everyone, keep smiling! 😘💐💗

💗💪🏼💗💪🏼💗💪🏼💗

Aneeebel I hpopenyour doing ok, it’s so hard when it just suddenly hits you and it sounds like you’ve had a pants week to say the least, my finger and toes are crossed for youvthe this week will be a better one. Totally agree with Shi we need to let the tears fall sometimes Smiley Sad thinking of you xx
ElliesMum, how did your last FEC go? They changed my antisickness and the gave me steroids a different way which seems to help! Im finding the steroids awful, I don’t sleep for three days, anyone have any tips?
Thank you for your advice re my son ladies. This cycle (so far) he seems to be managing at home much better, we’re pretty open about what’s going on and with an unbelievable amount of pushing his getting counselling at school now! He would accept anything else. The school have been so unsupportive it makes it so much harder, his behaviour really suffers on chemo days and there ongoing way of managing this is throwing him out of classes! Three out of five classes on Thursday Smiley Sad sorry for my rant there!! He would be unfair to say that he is not a very spirited boy! But it makes me so sad, his still just a little boy Smiley Sad
Community Champion

Thankyou Shi...it is 💩💩 and scary and you're just plodding along and the emotions come out and bite you on the butt....🤪🤪🤪
Anyway...onwards and upwards....
Thank you for always oozing positivity...you make me smile xx 😘🌻

Hope all you October Ladies are well...

💗💪💗💪💗💪💗
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

🤣😂🤣😂sorry that should be blubbering not blobbing 😂🤣😂😂😂🤣
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Aneebel 💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻😁😁😁wonderful news you are home 😘😘😘 let the tears out beautiful, can’t speak for everyone but they do have a habit of catching you unawares and before you know it you are blobbing and snot dripping out your nose, but it is 👍👍👍it’s part of this journey of 💩, speaking of 💩 hope botties are settling 😘😘😘💕💕✨✨✨Shi xx
Community Champion

Morning Lovely Ladies 💕
I'm home at last... Thank goodness! 💪🏼

I've had a swine of a week, I must say, but at least my blood count improved enough to come home with oral antibiotics!
It must have been yr blood dance Shi! 💃🏼💃🏼💕💕

Thankyou for all your kind wishes, support and positivity... 💕 😘
Right at this moment I don't actually feel very flipping positive!!! But, I'll give me head a wobble and 'carry on'...we can't do anything else!!! 💪🏼💪🏼

💜Fiona, I've suddenly gone so emotional too... Just can't stop the tears from falling!
You're right, it is a pile of 💩! Who would have ever thought it could be this hard!

Sar_ah, hope no.3 went okay and you're not feeling too bad! 💪🏼
ElliesMum...hopefully you're feeling good! Stay strong! 💪🏼

Sorry for being a whining winnie... 🙄🙄🙄

Have a fabulous day... Stay strong! 💗💪🏼

💗💪🏼💗💪🏼💗💪🏼💗

Community Champion

Thanks ElliesMum, yes today has been better. I immersed myself in work once I'd got my walk out of the way. It's amazing how each day can be so different emotionally. Good luck for tomorrow, I'll be thinking of you 🤗

Aneeebel, I really hope you're on the mend now and can go home soon. 

Have a a lovely evening ladies and stay safe 🤗🤗

💜Fiona xxx

ktk

Hi Sarah my son is also 18. He was quite tearful at home, but I have found out about that he didn’t tell any of his friends or talk to them about me st all. My daughter, on the other hand , used her friend network well. Is it possible to get your son help through a counsellor at school? There should be someone for him to talk to. Kxx
Community Champion

Best of luck today, Sar_ah! I will be sending good vibes your way. Tomorrow is my last FEC too. While the unknown of “T” is a bit scary, I’m pleased to be getting the final FEC out of the way. Hoping I’ll feel less unwell and sick 🤢 after this round!🤞

I’m so sorry, Aneeebel, that your neutrophils are misbehaving. You really have had a rough ride so far! I agree with Shi and all of the other wonderful ladies on here; you can do this and, if a tweak is needed to the chemo or your other medication, then so be it. We are all here to help you get through it! 💪🥰💐👍

I hope today is a little better for you, Fiona. It is indeed an emotional rollercoaster - and one we can’t really get off! 🎢 🙈

Thinking of you all. Sending gentle hugs and warm thoughts! Xox 🧣😘💐💕👍

Morning ladies,

Sorry to hear some of you are having a rough time of it just wish we could get threw with no side affects or problems it is defnatley 💩,

Fiona as for the emotions its not nice is it they just suddenly creep up on you dont they i am the same at least your husband there for you i dont have a partner so unfortunatly its my son that cops it but he understands and is realy good with me 💕,

Sarah good luck for today, i know what you mean i had my final fec tueaday just dreading what the t brings especially coming up to xmas i have an 18 year old son and he as been great we talk about everything thats going on and wont let me do a lot runs to shops for me if i need anything,

Good luck to all who have treatment today or tomorrow hope goes well,

Stay 💪 everyone we will beat this together stay warm and keep them heads warm too 😨🤪

Lou 💕💕x

Oh no aneeebel! Hope you can escape soon.
Good luck Sar_ah. My kids are a bit younger, 8&5 so they are quite matter of fact about it, probably because they don’t appreciate the full ins and outs.
Fiona, yes it is a pile of poo and the hair loss is certainly a tipping point for me. Anyway, we will come through the other side!
👊👊👊
Community Champion

Sar_ah, good luck for today, I hope it all goes well 🤞🏻💪

Aneeebel 🤗🤗🤗🤗 I hope those blinking neutrophils are starting to perform. Stay positive, we're all here for you 🥊👭

I had a bad day emotionally yesterday, my poor hubby was greeted with tears when he came home. It's the realisation that there's no turning back now, chemo has started to change us with the lack of hair etc. I'm only 2 cycles in of 6 and am dreading my next FEC, especially as my vein is still tender. This really is a pile of pooh (I can't find the emoji) isn't it?

You lovely ladies are amazing, so strong 💪🥊 We will beat this together 👭 I couldn't do it without you all 💐

Take care, stay safe and keep those heads warm 😉

Big hugs to you all 🤗🤗
💜Fiona xxx

Sorry to hear your in hospital Aneeebel Smiley Sad fingers crossed your out soon and able to recover at home.
Good news on the lasteay blood test for you Mrs Fingers Smiley Happy must be such a relief for you.
Thank you the advice for the nails! Must say while I’ll be pleased to tick off fec feeling nervous about t and what it holds! But at least it means we’re getting there!
Hope you all have a positive day, I have number 3 today and have been up most the night with a cheeky monkey toddler.
Does anyone have older children, more teenagers? How are you finding they’re managing everything? I have a 14 year old boy and his finding it so hard Smiley Sad
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Oh aneebel 👭👭sorry to hear you are in casa nhs again 😘😘sending some ✨✨✨✨your way and the famous may17 💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻Bloods dance ( don’t ask me why but it always works and gets the bloods up) 💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻Please keep 💪💪💪💪ask your onc to change antisickness meds, have you tried azekyo (think that was the one I was on) and metrochlopromide (again not sure of spelling) but they worked fine, also your reduced dose could be another persons full load as it’s all tailored to each individual, speak to your onc about everything ❤️❤️❤️Sending you big hug of ❤️❤️❤️Hope you manage to get a bit of sleep in between the monitoring darling 💕💕💕✨✨✨Shi xx
Community Champion

Hi Ladies... Hope you're all doing okay 💗💪🏼 x

I had chemo 3 on Friday... I was doing relatively okay until Monday! I was so weary and slept a lot of the day... Made it until about 11 pm and then I started vomitting... By the morning I had a high temp and ridiculously unwell... I'm now in hospital! (Again!!🤒🤕) My neutrophils have gone very low and they've put me in a side room!! Hopefully the doc will let me out tomorrow! The doctor mentioned reducing the dose of my chemo as I've been unwell after all 3 cycles... To be honest, I think it would be easier if I didn't have any more!!!! 🤒🤕😂

Take care everyone x

💗💪🏼💗💪🏼💗💪🏼💗

Community Champion

Good work getting a walk in, Fiona, especially when you’ve had some issues after chemo number 2! Hopefully the pain from the cannula subsides quickly.

So sorry to hear about your PICC line dramas, Lou. How frustrating! At least chemo was still able to go ahead. Fingers crossed the next attempt is successsful!🤞

Good news on the blood count picking up, Mrs fingers. I’m very impressed! You’ll need to pass on your tips for getting your neutrophils up so quickly. I’ve been feeling a bit run down and have had a mild temp (not enough to call it in, but a bit elevated) the last few days... really hoping I get the all clear today for chemo 3, which is scheduled for Friday.

I hope the side effects are tolerable and that you are all keeping warm! 🧣💪💕😘
Community Champion

What a relief, Mrs Fingers 😄 It's so good to knock the chemo sessions off the list, isn't it? Hope you're feeling okay.

Thanks Georgie, that nail balm looks the business 😉

Stay warm ladies and 💪💪

💜Fiona xxx

What a nightmare Lou! Thanks for the nail link Georgie, that looks worth a go.

So I went in today for a 2nd blood test. Chemo nurse reckoned no chance but my neutrophils had bounced back to just under the magic 1.5 number so they decided to go ahead with FEC no 2. Big relief!

Got home to find hubby has lit a fire so big brownie points to him. Feeling toasty warm.
🔥🔥🔥

Link again: 

www.polybalm.com 

Hi Ladies,

Georgie here from August, but I write more on the June thread.  Long story short, but I finished chemo early because of severe side effects and in hospital 3 times.  

Wanted to give you a tip about cold heads!  It can be freeeeeeeezing cold can't it!  

I have taken to wearing a hoodie to bed, and also around the house in the day...... the hoodie keeps my neck warm, as it's another part that gets really cold for me.  Often wear a sleep hat as well.  Hoodies are easier to pull on or take half way off, if you see what I mean?  I am getting lots of hot flushes in the day and night (thank you chemo!!!......) and sometimes I just partially pull back my hood and it all cools down nicely.  Then when I wake up in freeze mode again, I pull it over again and zip up the hoodie!  

Also, can I recommend a nail-saving cream to all those going on to Docetaxol, aka T? 

Its quite a new product, and expensive but worth every penny.  It's called polybalm, and here's a link to the website with info.    Polybalm.com   - worth a try!  

Warm (especially your heads!). Wishes,

Georgie Gee xx

Community Champion

Oh Lou, it just doesn't seem to go well for you does it? But goid news they did the chemo today, even if you didn't have the picc line fitted. As you say, it's one more ticked off the list. Let's hope you feel ok over the next few days 🤞🏻

Well, day 5 of my 2nd cycle and it's injection day but I got so freaked out I couldn't do it so hubby's been promoted 😁

And I had to call the helpline because the vein in my hand where cannula was is tender, phlebitis apparently. No hospital visit fortunately, keep it elevated, paracetamol and steroid cream. I was healthy before chemo, now my stash of NHS condiments is growing 😢

Energy levels are pretty good at the moment, did a 3 mile walk this morning and got wet 🤣🌧☔ but at least my head and neck were dry 😉 I think it's my neck more than anything that gets cold. I've still got a patchy downy covering that doesn't appear to want to detach itself from my head - maybe I will get to the end of my shampoo bottle 🤣

Take care lovely ladies 💪💪🥊🥊👭🤗🤗

💜Fiona xxx

Afternoon lovely ladies,

Well i went in at 9 this morning as told for picc and chemo would you believe they said it should be tomorrow it fully booked today as you can imagine i wasnt happy so had a few words with the person who told me to go today only for them to argue saying they said tomorrow i said my brain not fried that much give me some credit anyway long story short i got them to do chemo today they managed fine got to go back 12th dec for pic and treatment, so third one done i half way next one is starting the T lets see what side affects that brings on what joy 😫,

Thanks fiona for thinking about me i the same think about you and all our other lovely strong ladies and how you all getting on, hope you okay, i still dont like this rollercoaster we all on still want to get off but i know we need to stay 💪and ride it out together ❤,

As for the cold head its not nice i purchased 2 chemo sleep caps of amazon they very thin and soft when i first shaved my head i slept in one made a big diffrence and the other i would wear round house but i not to bad now as think my head getting used to it infact i find its my ears that are more cold now 😂,

Stay 💪, and warm dont about where you all are but here in midlands it real cold so my fire having a good blast, might even have a little kip 😴,

Take care ladies,
Lou 💕 x

Elliesmum
Yes halfway through EC then tax to go sounds so much better if you break it down here , Emend seems to be helping I don’t feel so sick and fingers crossed haven’t vomited this time

I hope your bloods pick up for today Mrs Fingers

And 100% with you on the cold head it’s a shock even more so if the wind gets you xx

Good luck to everyone for today! Another day closer 💪🏻
Cold head sucks hey Fiona, I used to have really long thick head and never really got it when people said they get cold heads 🙈 .... I sure do now!!!
Community Champion

Mrs Fingers, good luck, I hope the wbc picks up quickly. I can imagine how you feel. It's so frustrating that there's nothing we can do to help it along, isn't it?

Lou45, good luck for today. I hope it all goes to plan. Thinking of you 🤗

Love to all, keep warm, it's getting colder (My head gets so cold now it doesn't have it's normal frizzy ringlets/curly mess covering it).

💜Fiona xxx
Community Champion

So you’re halfway then Kateday? Woohoo! I hope the Emend helps.

How annoying, Mrs fingers, that your white blood count is so low. Fingers crossed that it picks up for you quickly so chemo can go ahead!🤞

Love to all. Keep warm in the cold weather! I’ve been needing my beanies. 🧣🥰💕👊💐

O missfingers
I do hope you pick up soon, I have read posts where bloods picked up enough
I’m so far only slightly nauseous after number two with slight headache and ready for a nap xx

Went for my blood test today ahead of chemo no 2 tomorrow. Hospital just phoned to say my counts are too low (0.9). I have to go in for retesting tomorrow to decide whether they go ahead or postpone... looking at fiona’s post below I’m not confident!

It’s a bit frustrating but I have been fighting off a cold since I was hospitalised during round 1 and I’m still not feeling 100%.

In the last couple of days my hair started to fall out a bit and I’ve developed a small bald patch right on top of my head, which thankfully I can cover with a scarf. I’m cold capping so it will be interesting to see how things go.

Still catching up on all your posts as I’ve been offline for a few days. Onwards and upwards everyone! 👊👊👊
Community Champion

Fingers and toes crossed for you Kateday x 💗💪

Well ladies round two complete just two more EC to go
They have added Emend to the antisickness so fingers crossed
Nothing they can do for bone and joint pain from injections
Fingers crossed for an easier ride this cycle
Hope your all holding up well xx
Community Champion

Hi Badboob, good news that you're in slightly less pain than you were...hope you continue to improve quickly!
And thanks for the heads up on the sunburn...I'll have to bear it in mind when I go digging at my allotment! (If I ever have the energy!! 💪🏼)

ElliesMum, hope you're feeling a bit 'calmer' today.... 💗💐😘

Shi...we're all holding onto the bungi... 💗

I feel like I've had a lie in...managed to sleep from about 11 until 5... I'll never sleep tonight!!! 😂💤😴

Have a lovely day everyone... Keep smiling and keep your chin up! 😘💐💕

💗💪🏼💗💪🏼💗💪🏼💗
Community Champion

Thanks ladies. We are stronger than we know and we can do this! 💪💕😘

Hope the sudocrem and other treatments sort you out ASAP, Badboob! My, erm, “related” issues are also slowly improving, thank goodness. I plan on being more proactive in a bid to avoid similar issues (or at least minimise the level of discomfort) next round!😂
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Lou, I’d give your unit a ring about your itchy skin just to be on the safe side 😘😘Ellie’s mum 👭👭pair of honorary oct17 thread gold hot pants on the way, pull them up and kylie twirl as we all did 💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻 You’ll be spinning round and then out to join club Tropicana when treatments over, sunloungers awaiting for you ladies, keep hold of the bungi chord, you are all doing amazing 💪💪💪💕💕✨✨✨Shi xx

Hello everyone,

Really interesting to read everyone’s updates, and see how we are all getting on, or not.

i have to say I completely sympathise with your dark thoughts Elliesmum as I suspect everyone of us has been there. I find myself awake at 2.00 in the morning and I can feel the depression creeping on me like a heavy invisible cloak. Dark thoughts doubting everything and making me feel it’s not worth going on. So unlike me! The wonderful thing about this forum is we CAN say what we want here and everyone just gets it. We are all in this together, aren’t we. 

On to lighter things, would you all like an update on my bottom! Yes, I thought you would! Well, after several terrible days of what only can be described as extreme soreness and bleeding . Nothing would soothe it. I even started my antibiotics a day early as I was terrified I was going to get an infection. I rang my BCN for advice! She went to ask the oncologist who asked to see me at  clinic the following day. I was also ask to try Sudocrem on the sore skin.

Meanwhile, my hands and face has suddenly gone bright red and are very hot! I am now imagining a skin infection.

At my appointment with the oncologist she examines my posterior (commenting it is an area she doesn’t get to see that often now a days) and then calls the senior nurse in to have a look as well!! They concluded that I have an extreme case of nappy rash and suggest keep going with the Sudocrem. They also thought the treatment I was prescribed by my doctor was indeed working slowly. I have to say the past few days have been much more comfortable.

i then showed her my hands and face.  She took one look and asked if I had been out side for any length of time in the sunshine. When I confirmed I had,  she said, well you got sun burn! She went on to explain how sensitive the skin is after chemo and that they warn all their summer patients of the need to take extra care. So she advised me to wear sun block on my hands and face if I am going out side! So ladies you have been warned! 

I am am looking forward to my good week next week, its just a shame I have two hospital appointments on concurrent days. It seems impossible that they are able to schedule anything on the same day!

Hugs to all, bottoms up........

Community Champion

Hi everyone...

im still feeling remarkably well...just a bit spaced out and tired! I haven't done anything today...except make a butty for the dinner! 😂

Thankyou everyone for you everyone for thinking of me...means a lot to be honest! 💗💗💗💗

Elliesmum... Isn't it an awful thought to have! As Fiona says 'it's pretty tough on to be positive but we have to be...as difficult as it is...but I do know exactly what you mean!! 

There has been many times I've just thought to myself...How the hell can this be happening!! I think I'm only just getting my head around it to be honest.... Who would ever have thought I would be "here" 14 very short weeks ago!!!! But, unfortunately it's happening... 😥

We have to be strong... We're all doing bloody marvelously! We're obviously made of good stuff!! 💗💪🏼

Stay strong everyone and Thankyou for all your support, have a good evening xxx

💗💪🏼💗💪🏼💗💪🏼💗

ktk

Hi Lou, try taking anti allergy tabs for itchy skin eg Piriton or own brand hay fever tabs. Should do the trick! Kx
Community Champion

ElliesMum, I'm exactly the same, need a timeline. Chemo 4, if all sticks to plan, would be 28 Dec, which means blood test at GP would be boxing day. Oncologist said the hospital can do it same day as seeing oncologist which means we can go to my parents in Scotland for Christmas 😁👍🏻

I know what you mean about the fear of leaving people behind. I don't have children but I do have a wonderful husband I love very much. It's tough to be positive on down days but we will get through this together.

Hang on in there ladies 💐👭💪
💜Fiona xxx
Community Champion

So pleased your neutrophils picked up enough for you go ahead with chemo, Fiona. That’s one of my biggest worries - chemo being delayed. I’m someone who loves a plan; I need to be organised and have arranged things around my “good” weeks. If the timeline were to blow out it would really throw me off!😬 I hope you and Aneeebel feel ok this weekend. Good luck with the PICC line (or Hickman line!), Lou. Fingers crossed for you!🤞

I couldn’t watch Children in Need last night. I turned it on but then broke down in tears... I’m pretty level headed most of the time, and don’t get upset easily, but I saw a segment with two children whose father had died and it tore me apart. I’ve not said it out loud to anyone, but I am terrified that I will die and leave my little girl without a Mum. 😢 She spent last night at my in laws to give me a night off (husband is away) and I struggled to get it back together by myself. 😔 Managed to pull myself together this morning. Reminds me why we are going through the rubbish that is chemo. We need to do everything we can to beat this and to be around for as long as possible! Thank you all for your support - I don’t know what I would do without you lovely ladies and your support. 💪💐👊💕😘
Community Champion

Afternoon ladies, I hope you're all well.

Chemo 2 delivered, I feel a bit more nauseous than last time, maybe because I knew what to expect this time. Like you, Aneeebel, I didn't sleep very well, and today I'm so tired. I've had my 30 minute walk and am just sofa surfing now catching up on Children in Need.

Lou, try not to worry about the picc line, try to think about how much easier it will be for you going forward. I got concerned on Thursday when the oncologist said I was borderline with my neutrophils, as he said chemo might have to be delayed. I'm now worrying about each session because there's nothing we can do but wait for the neutrophils to increase.

Take care and take it easy lovely ladies, enjoy your weekend 🤗🤗💪💪
💜Fiona xxx

Morning ladies,

Fiona, aneeebel, hope you feeling okay after your session just think another one down, well done stay strong , have a nice weekend if you can, 🤗

Hope all our other ladies are doing okay, 😊

I am not too bad just bit worried about tuesday if they cant get this picc in and do my chemo i dont want it to be delayed because of that 😡,
Oh there is one thing is anyone else getting itchy skin my face and forehead seems to be itchy drove me mad lastnight i have put some e45 on it does the job for a bit then starts again, i might go walk round chemist after and ask in there,

Anyway hope you all have good weekend, stay 💪,
Lou 🤗 💕

Morning ladies, hope your all well and got some sunshine where you are today Smiley Happy
Glad to hear you’re not feeling too bad Aneeebel Smiley Happy
Community Champion

💜Fiona, hope you're feeling a bit better today... 🌻🌷

I felt okay yesterday thankyou, apart from being so tired and a bit off-balance and 'airy fairy"... I have 4 bags of chemo when I go so I'm just about full to the brim!! 😷🙄
I've been awake quite a lot of the night (flipping steroids!) so I probably won't do much today!
The nausea usually hits me on a Sunday tea-time..it has done on my first 2 sessions so I'm going to be ready for it this week! 💗💪

Hopefully you'll be well enough to get out and about a bit today... or failing that, there's always the option of slonking in bed until dinner time...keep your chin up 💜Fiona... another one down!! Stay strong! 💗💪

Hope all you other lovely October ladies are well! Keep smiling! x

💗💪💗💪💗💪💗

Community Champion

Aneeebel, hope no 3 went well and you're feeling ok 💪

I'm feeling "ok" to an extent. A bit more nauseous than last time but coping just.

Ladies, take care, big hugs and stay safe 💪👭💐

💜Fiona xxx
Community Champion

Hello to all you October Ladies... Hope you're all well 💗

Elliesmum, Lou45 and 💜Fiona... Thankyou for your kind wishes... I'm currently sat here being "filled up"!
Keep everything crossed chemo likes me this time!! 💗💪🏼

Lou...hope everything goes okay on Tuesday 💗

Have a good day everyone, stay strong!

💗💪🏼💗💪🏼💗💪🏼💗
ktk

Hi Lou. I had my Picc fitted and first chemo the same day. It came out when I had had my last chemo at the end of the session. Good luck next week. 🤞Kx