cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

October 2018 Chemo starters

Community Champion

Re: October 2018 Chemo starters

Fingers crossed Mrs Fingers that those blasted neuts are now behaving themselves and you can get another dose today 🤞🏻Thinking of you 💐

💜Fiona xxx
Community Champion

I hope you neutrophils have magically picked up overnight, Mrs fingers! I have a review with my oncologist this morning ahead of chemo #4 on Friday. I may have overdone things at my research group’s Christmas dinner last night (and it probably didn’t help that I effectively worked full time last week)... 🙈 Feeling so tired, run down and just generally wiped this morning!😬 I’m really hoping my blood counts are ok too!!!🤞I might need to be a bit more sensible next round...🤦‍♀️

Xox💪💐😘💕🎄

Blood test today ahead of round 3 tomorrow and yet again the neutrophils are too low. Hoping for another overnight recovery!
Community Champion

Badboob, so pleased you had a fab evening!
I bet you couldn't believe it when you were told something had shown up on the ultra sound.... Fingers crossed everything is okay!
I haven't got a red rash but suddenly my feet are painful...I actually think my body is too heavy for them but we'll blame the chemo!! 😂😂😂
Have you tried taking an antihistamine...that may help with the itching perhaps!

Keep your chin up! 💐😘 xx

💗💪🏼💗💪🏼💗💪🏼💗

Morning everyone, hope we are all ok this morning.

Elliesmum, I absolutely get about having a plan. I have my oncologist meeting next week for bloods etc prior to cycle 4 YES cycle 4, I can’t believe how fast the time is going.  I hope that all is OK even if it means I will feel rubbish over Xmas.

Fiona, treat yourself to a sofa day to relax after your chemo, you know you deserve it!

😉

I am not sure if my nails are starting to change colour, but they are very sore. I am finding picking things up and getting pills out of their packets really challenging. It feels like I have squished my nails and they are bruised, if that makes sense. I will ask my oncologist about it when I see him.

Has anyone got a mottled red rash? My hands, face and chest is covered in a rash that has little red spots that bleed? I think it’s to do with the docetaxel but it is very itchy and on top of everything else is getting me down! 

I also had a call from the hospital to say that my uterus ultrasound has throw up a problem that need further investigation so I now have to have a Hysteroscopy! They decided to to an ultrasound as part of the whole women’s heath thing! Blimey, all I need is something to go wrong with my bladder and I will complete the set of nether region investigations, perhaps I should sell tickets for anyone else who wants to have a look! 

Finally, some good news! Tina Turner was fantastic, the actress playing the part was really good, it’s a huge part, so I was most impressed with her stamina to do the show twice a day. We had a lovely time in London, we stayed over so I could get some rest, and on Friday we had lunch in a little fish restaurant in Brough Market which was lovely. DH has no problem finishing my food when I’ve had enough! But I did manage to eat all of my dressed crab, delicious😋

Hugs x

Community Champion

Hi Lovely Ladies.... Hope you're all well!

ElliesMum, I'm so pleased you managed nearly a full nights sleep.... Hope you get many more! 😴😴😴

I've started waking up 3 or 4 times during the night... So frustrating! 😴

Badboob, did you enjoy the concert? 💃🏼🎤

💜Fiona....hopefully you'll continue to feel well! Fingers and toes crossed! 🙏🏼💪🏼💗 I was on the same cycle as you but now the oncologist has delayed my no.4, my 'good week' is no longer Christmas week!! 🙄🎄🎅🏼
I'm not having problems with my nails so I'm unable to offer any advice! 💅🏼

Hope you all have a fab weekend, take care and stay 💪🏼 xxx

💗💪🏼💗💪🏼💗💪🏼💗

Community Champion

Thanks ElliesMum, I'm home now and curled up on the sofa with the fire going and plenty of water by my side deciding what rubbish to watch on telly 😃  I'm feeling reasonable. I get an instant headache and runny nose with the C but it's slowly wearing off. Not too much nausea as yet, that'll probably kick in tomorrow.

I hope everyone is well and keeping warm and toasty.

Have a lovely weekend 💪💪💐💐

💜Fiona xxx

Community Champion

I hope chemo number 3 was ok for you today, Fiona.🤞Thinking of you.💕💐 Yay for FEC being over!

I can totally understand not wanting a delay to your next chemo cycle, Kateday. I am clinging to my schedule for dear life, as I am someone who needs a plan! Not to mention, I don’t want my worst days (side-effects wise) to coincide with Christmas...🙈 I hope your arm holds up ok and that they manage to sort a PICC line for you soon!

Love to all! Xox 😘

Hi ladies how are you all
So saw onc today and discussed the side effects and he wants to reduce the dose and for me to have pic line
He wanted to delay next week chemo , I said no , o will suffer the arm pain just to try and be over the side effects by Christmas so he will do it before number four xx
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Ellie yep think Michael Keaton in beetle juice 😂🤣😂🤣😂xx
Community Champion

Haha Shi I can just imagine the hair styling you are describing. I wish you and the Oct 17 ladies luck with taming your curly post-chemo mullets! 😂

Fiona, I can only share my own experience but my nails have been ok so far. A bit thinner and more easily torn, but not terrible. However, I’ve only had FEC so far; I believe that the T part of FEC-T treatment causes the most nail issues. I will be paining my nails a dark colour and hoping for the best next week!🤞💅
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Ellie’s mum 🤣😂🤣😂you laugh now at an 80’s crazy wig 🤣😂🤣😂🤣some of us oct17 girls have chemo curl mullets just now trying desperately to grow long enough to straighten 😂🤣😂🤣😂but hey it’s hair and you’ll be celebrating crazy 80’s hair too soon 😂🤣😂🤣👍👍keep going ladies you are doing amazing 💪💪💪😂💕💕✨✨✨Shi xx
Community Champion

Is anyone else having problems with nail discolouration?  I've noticed that mine are just starting to look a little dark at the base, and I forgot to mention this to the oncologist today.

💜Fiona xxx 🤗🤗💪💪

Community Champion

Yay Fiona! Clearly the wine did the trick 🍷👍 Best of luck with your final round of FEC tomorrow. I hope the side effects are kind to you! 🤞💐

Aneeebel, you continue to amaze me. Good on you for going shopping, although do try not to pass out if you can help it! 😂 I have started carrying water everywhere with me just in case I start feeling faint. It’s hard to predict; stupidly overheated shops certainly don’t help matters!

Have fun at the Tina Turner concert, Badboob. What a great excuse to wear a crazy 80s-style novelty wig!?! I hope you get lots of rest today so you can really enjoy yourself.🕺

Love and hugs to you all! Xox 😘💕💪

P.S. I almost got an uninterrupted night of sleep, Aneeebel! My little one only woke once, and even then she was only awake from 12-12.30. Compared to usual, it was a fantastic night of sleep! 😴👍
Community Champion

Hi 💜Fiona... I wasn't feeling too bad so went shopping with my daughter... Jeez, I nearly passed out in the shop! I Went hot and breathless and nauseous again... I actually said to the sales assistant if I pass out don't say I didn't warn you! My daughter went rushing off to the shop to get me a bottle of water!!

Badboob, you don't need to apologise for your rant...like you say, we can come on here to let it all out.... I just sound like a moaning Minnie at the moment! 💔
Have a fab time in London! 💙🎤🎼

Stay strong everyone x

💗💪🏼💗💪🏼💗💪🏼💗

First of all sorry for my last post, too long and a bit of a rant! 

It’s a strange world we live in where we are delighted that one of us is well enough to have chemo! But Congratulations FiMilan! I can imagine the relief! I hope it goes well tomorrow and you are well enough to enjoy Christmas! My next chemo is 18th, so I should be at my worse over Christmas, thank goodness I am at my sister’s where I can just veg out. 

Aneeebel, I can also sympathise with your situation, I prepared myself to be told I would need to lose a breast, but was very relieved when told that would be unnecessary. I too am still proud of my puppies, at 62 they are still quite perky. All I can say is this is a wonderful place to just let it all out, in a safe place with people who absolutely get where you are coming from. So don’t hold back if you need to rant. 

Still feeling very tired, no improvement in bottom area, but it’s DH Birthday tomorrow so we are off to London to see Tina Turner ( if I can stay awake) so I have slapped my happy face on and will get though it without ruining his celebration! 

Hugs x

Community Champion

Thanks Aneeebel, it feels such a reluef to know i can knock another one off.

How are you today?

💜F xxx
Community Champion

Yippee... Fabulous news 💜Fiona! Hope everything goes well tomorrow! 💗💗💗💗 x
Community Champion

Hooray, bloods are good, 1.9, so all good for tomorrow 😁 Last FEC. They've got to use other arm though tomorrow as my vein is still sore, it's the E apparently which is the irritant.

I'm so relieved I can have chemo but not looking forward to the days after 😣

Take care all 💪💪
💜Fiona xxx
Community Champion

Hi 💜Fiona... Hope your bloods are behaving for your chemo! I trust the vino went down well... 🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷

ElliesMum...how fantastic that your students passed the exam! You all deserve the bubbles!!! 🍸🍸🍸🍸🍸
Did your little one sleep through?
It's a long time since a little one woke me during the night...my grandson is 14 and can sleep for England, always has done and my Grandaughter is 9 and can talk for England!! 😂😂💗💗💙💙

Thankyou to both of you for your kind words...and advice... 😘💐

Hope you all have a lovely day, stay strong!

💗💪🏼💗💪🏼💗💪🏼💗
Community Champion

ElliesMum, I do love red wine, I have to say, especially if it's Italian. We're not big drinkers but could easily drink 3 bottles a week between the two of us. I still keep trying to work out what caused Humphrey's existence, it's either alcohol but I don't think I'm over the weekly allowance, a fall I had in July or just bad luck. Genetics inferred that there really wasn't enough history for it to be BRCA1 or 2 but I was borderline on whether I should be referred to genetics anyway (it seems I'm borderline for everything - lumpectomy/mastectomy, wbc for C2, referral to genetics). 

Ive just looked at the clock and realised its just gone 9! That's a miracle for me to still be awake! 😂 I went to work yesterday for about 5 hours and was fast asleep by 8.15. However, I'm always awake anytime from 4.30 onwards. It was 5 this morning. And I did about 4 hours in the office again today. 

Well done you on your students 👏👏 Chemical physics? OMG! That sounds very complicated.

Bed time now I think, it's suddenly started to hit me. Does everyone else suffer the same way?

Good night 🤗🤗🍷😉

💜Fiona x

Community Champion

Yay for all of the Christmas trees going up. I love Christmas! 🎄

Fingers crossed for your blood count tomorrow, Fiona! I hope the 🍷 does the trick!🤞💉 I’m not a big drinker (only have a few drinks a year), but I have had champagne on two separate occasions in the past three days! 🙈🍾 For good reason, though, as two of my PhD students passed their viva exams this week - no mean feat (especially in our field of research, chemical physics) and definitely worthy of some celebratory bubbles! Very proud moment for me, as they are the first two PhD students to graduate from my research group! 🎓 🤗 It was lovely to have something meaningful to celebrate, although I am totally wiped out now! Fingers crossed my little perosn lets me sleep tonight. 😂😴

Aneeebel, I don’t even know what to say. You have been so brave and strong in dealing with all of the rubbish that has accompanied each of your chemo cycles. 💕 It sounds like your body needs a little rest so, while it is probably frustrating to have the goalposts suddenly shift, it may be for the best. Compared with chemo, you will find the surgery a walk in the park! 💪 I was surprised with how ok I was with my post-mastectomy body. (I had surgery before chemo.) I know that it is a very personal thing, and everyone is different, but it might not be as bad as you think. There are so many different and amazing reconstruction options, I was really pleasantly surprised! So, if you can, go to the appointment with an open mind and try not to worry too much (easier said than done, I know 🙈). We’re all thinking of you and sending good vibes your way! 🥰

Love to all xox 💐👊⛄️
Community Champion

Aneeebel, I'm so sorry to hear your news.  How awful that C4 is delayed but absolutely right that you shouldn't be subjected to chemo if you're not fit enough. And no way are you a wimp, crikey you've been through so much already, you're more than allowed to feel attached to your boob 😉

I've got my oncologist appointment tomorrow, fingers crossed I won't be borderline again and I'll be able to do chemo on Friday. In preparation, me and hubby are enjoying a bottle of wine 🍷🍷 Well, I won't be able to drink red wine for at least a week after chemo, thanks to heartburn. 

Christmas tree is up at last 🎄🎄 woohoo! Although I don't know why I've put it up as we're going to my parents for Christmas,Marion to C4 on 28th (hopefully) which should be the first T.  In the meantime, I'm just counting the days, 40 done, 86 to go (all being well). 🗓

Take care lovely ladies 🤗🤗💪💪💐💐

💜 Fiona xxx

Community Champion

Hi Ladies....

Badboob... You poor thing! I do hope your bottom starts to improve soon! 💗
I'm virtually t-total too... I don't drink larger all the time... I haven't been well enough! (I'd hate you to think I had a problem!!! 🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺)

Elliesmum, Thankyou for wishing me well! How are you doing?💗

I've been to see my oncologist today... I was due to have C4 on Friday but she said my bloods were shot at last week and as I'm still not 100% fit enough she's delaying my chemo for a week.... I did say to her that I was quite relieved as I don't think my body can cope at the moment!
She said that if I was okay after C4 then I would have C5 but my Breast Care nurse rang me saying my oncologist had emailed her to say I wasn't coping (or my body isn't!!) with chemo and perhaps surgery earlier than planned would be a better option and have the rest of my chemo afterwards!!
So I now have an appointment 'for a chat' with my surgeon on Tuesday!!! 💔

Have a lovely evening everyone xx 🎀🌻🌸

💗💪🏼💗💪🏼💗💪🏼💗

Community Champion

Goodness me, Badboob, what an epic saga!🙄 I hope you’ve recovered from the experience and that your back passage issues have calmed down a little. Big hugs! 💐💕💪

Morning everyone! I hope we are all doing well on this frosty morning.

I have to say that drinking larger is only a dream for me as ALL alcohol tastes like vinegar! So I have decided to go teetotal until my taste buds decided to come home and behave! But I am pleased that you are feeling better Aneeebel.

I too has a number 3 cut, I also rembember the party we had to celebrate our hairless state! My head is covered in sparse grey hair. It seems that any dark hair has not got the strength to hang on and has dropped out, whereas my greys are hanging on in there for grim death! Interesting my body hair is either gone or going APART from my knees, which are still quite hairy!  My brother thought this was particularly amusing! Lady garden is rather barren.....but I still have eyelashes and eyebrows, but they need a little help with an eyebrow pencil! 

Which brings me on to the part of my anatomy I know you are really interested in...... well, my BCN never got back to me after talking to her while I was having chemo. So on Friday, in desperation I rang her asking her to please get back to me. To her credit she rang back pretty quickly to say that the consultant should have rung me, and perhaps if I was still having problems then to call the 24 hour emergency line. When I rang they wanted to admit me for further investigation as I was still bleeding, but, they were full and would I go to A &E! 

Well! Friday afternoon in A&E, the queue to get though the check in process was out the door and down the street. Finally I get get checked in, given  a mask to protect me from everyone else and told to wait. It appeared that we were separated into two categories. The red chairs were for people who were either being sick or were so ill they couldnt stand, or had obvious injuries and were covered in blood. The rest of us on blue chairs were a mottle crew of ages and dubious reasons for being there. There fore we all needed sorting out. So an hour later I get called in to be seen by a nurse practitioner who was obviously used to finding the malingers and who was genuine! I passed the test and was told I would be seen by a doctor in another hour. So finally I am called and have to trot after this doctor until finally we arrive at a private room with a bit sign on the door indicating that this was a barrier nursing area. He hooks me up to a blood pressure machine and heart rate and is alarmed that both are sky high! Well I’ve just done a 100 m sprint! He inspects my rear end and says they will know more after bloods are done!  A hour later  have another bl@@dy canular in my hand and I am left for another hour. Doctor returns and says bloods are low (what a surprise! ) and I may need a transfusion! But the surgeons wanted to see me first! Glup. DH is on a boys lunch and I have only sent him one text saying not to worry!

A hour later the surgeons arrive (3 of them) another inspection of my rear end and then the pronouncement that the previous doctor misread my bloods and they are fine and I should  coming back to have a colonoscopy and apart from that,  from to keep going with the treatment already prescribed! With that, they were gone! A hour later a nurse arrived to discharge me and in the process ripped out the canular so the my hand swelled up like a ballon and I now have a massive bruise. DH is now at home and going ape**bleep** with texts, He’s also been drinking so in no fit state to drive. I get home and go straight to bed! Well I won’t do that again, unless I absolutely have to.

Sorry this post is so long, so the short answer to a long post is, no change! 

Hugs!

Community Champion

Aneeebel, I’m so relieved to hear that you’re finally feeling better. 🤗 Drinking lager sounds like an excellent way to celebrate! 🍻

Haha Fiona, saying I “put up” the Christmas tree would be overselling it... With a destructive one year old in the house we opted for a 2-foot tall fake tree that was predecorated (lights and all). The only effort required involved placing it on a raised surface (out of reach) and switching the lights on!😂🙈🎄Job done! 👍🎅

It is interesting hearing your collective experiences with hair loss. I lost the vast majority of the hair from my head after round one, but seem to have grown a fine, blond - almost downy - “fluff” since then. A few strands of my original hair (shaved to a number 1) are hanging on in the odd sparse patch here and there, but not much. I have no underarm hair, but I do still have a patchy covering on my, ahem, lady garden. I also have a reasonable number of short hairs on my legs from whenever I stopped shaving pre-chemo! 🤦‍♀️ Still have eyebrows, although they are definitely thinning, and have only lost a few eyelashes so far.🤞I’ll see how the remaining hair fares on the three docetaxol cycles I have left!?!

I hope you all have a fabulous week!💕😘💪
Community Champion

Hi everyone...

Hope you're all feeling well... 💐😘

💜Fiona... I made it through the w/e okay, Thankyou...I actually feel so much better today! At last!! 💪🏼 I had a couple of bottles of lager last night, it went down a treat, whilst watching a Kevin Costner film!
I know how to partayyy!! 😂🍺🎉

My hair is hanging on for its dear life... It's very, very fine but I haven't got any bald patches, just a very fine covering -my granddaughter was stroking my head the other night! She said it feels nice! 😂 She also said its growing... I'm due C4 on Friday so I'm wondering if it will ever fall out completely!! ✂️

Hope all you lovely ladies have a fabulous day... Stay 💪🏼 and keep smiling! 😀😀😀😀 xxxx

💗💪🏼💗💪🏼💗💪🏼💗

Community Champion

Good morning Kateday and October ladies.

Kateday, I'm similar with the hair loss. Mine started coming out in cycle 1, had the shave to a grade 3 on about day 17, lost a bit more and have a few bald patches but I'm not completely bald and cycle 3 is due this coming Friday. I wonder if that's the extent of hair loss for me. Even my lady garden is holding on for all its worth 😉 My husband thinks my hair is growing, I'm not convinced about that but I am confused as to why I haven't lost it all yet. I shouldn't complain really 😁

Aneeebel, I hope you made it through the weekend ok. You really do seem to have drawn the short straw on side effects and my heart goes out to you. We're all here for you 👭💪💐 Just keep knocking those days off the calendar. Did you have your beer the other night?

Badboob, I hope your rear end is behaving itself. I suppose it could make your downward dog rather interesting 🤣 Are you still managing to do your yoga?

How's the tree looking ElliesMum? I might attempt mine today. If chemo goes ahead on Friday (I'm always cautious about saying it will definitely happen) I won't be up to it next weekend so I need to take advantage of this good week 😁🌲🎄

Have a good day ladies, and remember we're all one day closer to the end.

Big 🤗🤗 and stay 💪💪
💜Fiona xxx
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Angel blue, I’ve posted on December thread for you darling 😘😘💕💕✨✨✨Shi xx

Hi Ladies

I need some help please!!

On friday I  found out that I'm starting chemo this month, after being told post surgery it would be rads and tamoxifen (long story short but I  argued for and got Oncotype Dx test done - just for my peace of mind. Didn't get peace of mind though as test came back at 31 which is just in the high risk group...so now chemo here i come...I think!!)

As you all started in October I just wondered if anyone is on FEC and what your experiences have been with it? I've been told FEc and it needs to start really quickly as I'm not far short of being 12 weeks post surgery. 

I've just joined the December starters group but as I need to get my head round things quickly that chemo is the right way forward, I just wanted some input from others already further along than me. I have provisionally agreed to chemo and confirming by Tuesday.

Thank you

Hoping you're all doing well...Love to you all xx

Hi I’m actually loving the fish idea, and absolutely on the I’m going to say it how it’s front ,
So ladies have any of you experienced major hair loss the first cycle shaved to a number three woth a number of bald patches , however I now I have a small dusting of hair over my whole head yes a lot thinner than before and my goodness so blonde it’s almost white
Will this fall out again or will it stay I find it very odd it’s decided to grow back , still now hair on legs or under arms even my friend said I’m sure it’s growing xx
And I have to say I also find it extremely hot out shopping with my hat and scarf you did amazing not to react to the lady taking yours of , I think I would have three a fit in the shop and extremely made myself look well like a lunatic xx
Community Champion

Don’t worry, Aneeebel, you’re not alone. I was purchasing a jumper for my little one during the week and the store was ridiculously overheated for someone wearing a beanie, scarf and coat. I felt so nauseous I thought I was going to pass out. Had to literally lie down on the floor of the shop.🙈 A “helpful” lady beside me decided that I must have overheated, so took my beanie and scarf off... to be greeted by my bald head. She then asked if I was diabetic! 😂 Umm, no, that’s not my current problem. If I didn’t feel so unwell at the time I would have found it funny!

I’m so sorry that so many of us keep being on the receiving end of thoughtless, rude or hurtful comments. Sar_ah, I thought it was just me copping the inappropriate fertility questions. How can people think it’s ok to ask that?!? Stay strong ladies! 💪💕 I like the 🐟 idea, Shi! I will be throwing politeness aside for the next little while. I’m going for brutal honesty at the moment and it’s working well so far!🙈🙄

Thinking of you all. Enjoy the first weekend of December! 🎄⛄️🥰 xox

P.S. Fiona, your niece sounds adorable!
Community Champion

Shi, Thankyou for your concern... I wasn't actually sick just extremely nauseous.... Not a good look walking around morrisons!!! I was okayish once I'd been sat down for a bit...still not 100% tho!!!
Good idea about the 🐟🐡🐠!! Haha!

Thanks again xx 💗💪🏼
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Aneebel, how are you feeling now? If you’ve been sick again please ring your rapid response line to ensure you keep safe please darling 😘😘 and people mean well they really do it’s just they really don’t know what to say or how to say it if they’ve not had this journey and you are left thinking a lot of the time ‘really’ did they seriously just ask me that/day that to me, get you box of 🐟ready by your side to slap people in the chops with 🐟🐟🐟or imagine a 🥊on you hand and you giving a swift 🥊🥊🥊to the big gob that’s been out of order. You are all 💪💪💪and are taking the most beautiful care of each other amazing ladies be proud of yourselves and get those tinsel wigs at the ready for Christmas 🤪🤪🤪🤪you can be as crazy as you like and blame the steroids, that goes for shopping benders too, Blake the steroids 🤪🤪🤪🤪💕💕💕✨✨✨Shi xx
Community Champion

Thank you Sar_ah, I don't plan on doing much....altho, I just went shopping with my hubby and I went so hot and breathless and sick, I had to take my jacket off!! 😷🤕🤒

I was referred for genetic testing as 5 members of my family have had different cancers- my appt is on the 18th Dec.

Hope you have a lovely day doing your tree... I love Christmas too! When my grandchildren were younger I used to ask my daughter if I could go and sleep at her house but she said No, you'll have them up at silly o'clock...and would never let me!!! Hahaaa! 🎄🎁🎄🎁🎄

And, yes...people are so insensitive with their comments! When I mentioned needing a mastectomy someone said to me... 'Well, it's only a "boob!" I said No, it is not only a boob! It's MY boob and I'd much rather keep it Thank you!! 😡 Bloody idiots!!! 😤😤😤

Keep smiling ladies... xx 🌻🌷

💗💪💗💪💗💪💗

Wow sounds like you’re really going through it Aneeebel! You really are amazing staying so positive, I hope that you have the chance this weekend to get done well earned rest, sending you lots of love and well wishes and good luck for Wednesday x

🙌🏻 I thought the being less tolerant thing was me (I’m pleased it’s notSmiley Happy ) ‘are you planning to have more children’ ‘oh you didn’t have any eggs frozen’ ‘so you WILL go into early menopause?’ Seen to be the top three questions absolutely anyone feels they can ask at the moment 🤦‍♀️ ... I just tell people now I find there questions rude, I would never have done this in the past but I think sod it we have enough to deal with why feel even more pants.

I haven’t been offered a meeting with genetics, I asked but they just mumbled something about later down the line, is that normal or should I be more pushy?

Fiona, your holiday sounds lovely Smiley Happy I keep looking but my husband is too scared to commit to anything I think in case treatment is delayed!
Have fun at the Christmas market this weekend Smiley Happy I’m so excited it’s december Smiley Happy I’m determined to complete embrace Christmas and enjoy the time off with the kids Smiley Happy im hoping we’re going to do the tree sunday and have sausage rolls and elf at the ready 🎄🎄🎉

I hope you al have a lovely weekend with plenty of rest or fun Smiley Happy xxx
Community Champion

Hi to you all.... How is everyone?

Badboob, hope you continued to feel well after C3 x 💪🏼

ElliesMum, Thankyou for your kind wishes x

💜Fiona...hope you enjoyed the Christmas markets x

I've been poorly again... 🙄
Was discharged from hospital on the Friday...spent the weekend at home, had to go to the HOTT clinic last Monday as I was unwell... The nurse rang me on Tuesday to see how I was and my temperature had gone up so I had to go back up to the clinic and I was admitted to hospital! I was generally unwell, very bad stomach and admitted with Neutropenic Sepsis.... On IV fluids/potassium and antibiotics for 3 days...I've had stomach X-ray, chest X-ray, ultrasound on my bladder, blood cultures done again, stool samples sent off...i think that's about it but the Doctor thinks most of the symptoms are severe side effects to the chemo! I've actually been ridiculously unwell to be honest!
I also have to have a blood transfusion as my blood count has dropped significantly and I'm anemic!

I have my appointment on Wednesday with my Oncologist so I'll find out more then... And chemo no.4 next Friday!!!! 😫😫😫😫😫 Do I have the energy to go again??? 🙄
Yes, I have...I have a week to get back on my feet.... 💪🏼💪🏼💪🏼💪🏼💗💗💗💗(altho, I am a bit apprehensive to say the least!!)

Anyway, at least I'm home for the weekend, my daughter brought my beautiful grandbabies to see me last night...I haven't seen them for ages as they've been full of a cold...and I'm finally feeling better... I might even force a bottle of beer down tonight!!!

Have a fabulous weekend everyone... Stay strong... And thanks for listening to my tales of woe! 😂💐

💗💪🏼💗💪🏼💗💪🏼💗

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

That a girl kateday 🥊🥊🥊🥊🐟🐟🐟🐟🥊🥊🥊🥊round his chops if necessary 😘😘💕💕✨✨✨Shi xx

Hi
I’m glad I’m not the o lot one who seems to have less tolerance and I’m sorry they asked you that
My friend once had a prem baby she went into labour at 24 weeks and 2 days , I can honestly say most people were amazing at the hospital but after being transferred to delivery suit this one lady came walking in chirpy as anything and said hi and what can we do for you today again in the happiest of manors
Well me and my friend just looked at each other in shock and we’re silent for a while then eventually my friend said well try and save my baby
After this my friend said to me I nearly said well I will have a f ing mac d , just to let you know her 1.6 baby is now 6 years old 😀😀
But another of people just saying the most inappropriate things
Well my good week is next week so watch this space I will get this test now as I’m ready watch him try and stop it xx
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Kateday, I’msorry you’ve lost your parents darling ❤️❤️And sorry to hear you had such a numpty at your genetics meeting. I had my gene test during chemo, for me it gave a bit of control back to the 🌪we find ourselves in on the journey, I hope you get the test done when you want and not when that plonker says 😘😘 Ellie’s mum it’s the oct17 gold hotpants we all had, they are magic ✨✨✨✨✨fimillan good girl planning holiday 🏖🏖🏖might sound 🤪🤪🤪🤪but it will be here before you know it, once the chemo 💩 is done with it really does go quickly 💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻Gotta be a bit of Madonna holiday on the jukebox for you 💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻💕💕💕💕✨✨✨✨Shi xx
Community Champion

Well said, ElliesMum.

prior to my last chemo, I wasn't too impressed with the oncologist I saw. After telling me my white blood cells were borderline and me asking if I could do anything to promote regeneration, he said I could do the injections. I said, "what, the injections I do from day 5 for 5 days?" He hadn't read my notes properly 😡 And when I asked the chemo nurse she said so long as the count is 1 or over its fine, but according to the oncologist 1.42 was borderline. Confusing, or what! 

Ive booked flights today  for next July to Gran Canaria, so something to look forward to. I don't know where I'll be in the treatment plan but I'll definitely have finished chemo and hopefully had surgery, and maybe even rads by then. I know I won't be able to sunbathe but it'll be a well earned break from all this, and entertaining too as we're taking my sister, her boyfriend and my 3 gorgeous nieces.  In fact, the eldest one said to her mum this week that she hoped I'd be better so that we could all go on holiday together again. She's only 8 and my sister has explained to her about my hair and how I'm poorly but the medicine I'm getting makes me lose my hair while making me better. Kids make your heart break with their beautifully simple view of life, don't they?

Its nearly the weekend and there's a Christmas market on in my town this weekend so I'm going to enjoy that, before the hospital rounds start again next week with bloods, onc, and chemo on Friday.

Stay positive, ladies, each day done is one day closer to the end. 💪💪

💜Fiona xxx

Community Champion

Hi Kateday, I’m sorry your genetics team meeting didn’t go to plan. I must say, I’ve become far less tolerant than I used to be of people making thoughtless comments, or using throw-away statements and meaningless platitudes! 🙈 It blows me away that some medical professionals don’t know how to speak about such matters. For example, on two separate occasions I have had medical professionals (who were both fully aware of my diagnosis and treatment plan) ask me if I would like to have more children when trying to make small talk (after establishing I have a little girl). How am I supposed to respond to that? Umm, yes I would, but I probably can’t now due to chemo and being told it was too risky to wait to harvest eggs, so thanks for asking...🤦‍♀️ I know no one means to cause offence or to upset us, but it seems to happen frequently (to me at least)!🙄

Please vent away here in this safe space. I, for one, have found it incredibly helpful to engage with you all, as you understand. With people such as Shi brimming with positivity, how could you not feel better after posting on here!?!👍💕😘💐

Well done on getting through another round, Badboob! 👊🥳

Love to all! Xox

Hi sals
Well I’m not sure how it was to be honest he just kept repeating how are you coping you have had a lot in your young life
Basically as both my parents have sadly passed one only this year and then this
So I explained it’s a choice you give up or you get up each day and you try and live life you only get one chance anyone long story short I have to go back next week
He would really rather I waited untill chemo had finished I said I don’t want to wait , we have enough waits in this journey
He also looked at last bloods and said I have the kidneys of an athletes but no wonder I’m feeling so rough something to do with liver enzymes and you know I was so mad and trying not to break down because all he kept saying was you have had it rough that I didn’t ask what he meant by that xx
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi kateday 😘😘hope your meeting with genetics team gave you opportunity to ask questions or gave you reassurance ❤️❤️My genetics team were very informative and supportive right from first meeting, hope it’s been same for you 😘😘💕💕✨✨✨Shi xx

Hi all
I hope your all holding up well
I’m now coming out the other side of cycle two of tonsee genetics team today x

Morning ladies, I hope those of you who have been in hotel nhs are now all home and doing well.

i had my third chemo yesterday and am feeling fine, a bit hipper actually. Been  up since two and feel I could mown the lawn and run round the park! Blinking steroids, I expect I will crash later this afternoon, but in the meantime I will take advantage and strip the beds! 

My rear ended is still causing problems and spoke to my BCN about it and what more they can do. She appeared in the unit yesterday to talk to the very poor lady next to me, she is eight years since diagnosis and is still under treatment and is now stage 4 with mets! Very sobering talking with her, put my whines  and moans in to perspective.

Anyway I hope everyone is as well as can be expected.

hugs 

Community Champion

Oh my goodness, Aneeebel! I’m pleased they happened to start you on the right antibiotics. Hopefully they start to work soon and you begin to feel a bit better.🤞💕

Here’s hoping we all have a good week this week - well, as good as can be expected, given the circumstances!😂💐💪😘🧣
Community Champion

ElliesMum, glad you're not feeling too bad! What a shame your little one is poorly just when you could do with a rest! Hope you both feel better soon! 💗💗 and yes, my grand babies are lovely....Thankyou, I love them with my whole, entire heart! 💙💗

Mrs fingers, that's what I do with the steroids too... Alto, I'm still awake half of the night!! 💤💤

I had a call from the Oncology department last night...
The results from my blood cultures were back from when I was in hospital and they're showing that I have the bug in my system that causes pneumonia!!!
I was so surprised that I actually asked him if he was sure he'd rung the right patient!!!
I could visualise him quickly scrolling through the computer to check!
I'd started antibiotics whilst in hospital which are the correct ones for the bug so I have to finish the course but if I deteriorate I have to go straight to A+E!!

To be honest....I still feel pretty grotty!
It's no wonder I keep saying I'm not for any more chemo!!! 🤒😷😫

Take care everyone xx 😘💐

💗💪🏼💗💪🏼💗💪🏼💗

That they do aneeebel! He has his moments where his very it is what it but mornewhere it’s hard. I can’t imagine how hard it must be for them.
ElliesMum it sounds like you’ve had a lot to contend with, with a poorly baby! Glad she’s feeling better now Smiley Happy and the haloperidol helped Smiley Happy I’ve been given some lorazepam to help with my anxiety but I haven’t tried them yet!
I’m going to bear it in mind with the steroids Mrs Fingers, I’ve finished this lot but there seems to be more with the T. Maybe later nights may help too!
Hope you all have a lovely day, being very fortunate and having a roast cooked for me today Smiley Happy)) xxx