Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

October 2018 Chemo starters

1,172 REPLIES

Re: October 2018 Chemo starters

Morning Ladies...

How did you get on yesterday Badboob? Hope you're feeling well! πŸŽ€

What about you Fiona...how are you doing? Has the dressing stayed on your wound? How's Josephine? πŸŽ€

How are the rads going Sar_ah? πŸŽ€

Have a good day at work ElliesMum...

Did you go without your headwear? πŸŽ€

Have a good day Girls x πŸŒ»πŸŽ€πŸ’ͺ

Wow...you're back ElliesMum... That seems to have flown by! πŸ—½

Glad you had a brill trip!

How are you feeling Fiona? How's Josephine?  πŸ‘™πŸŽ€

My drain sites appear to have sorted themselves out...the District Nurse said They're fine!

I was a bit perturbed when I asked for advice about my painful arm and asked if she thought that the fluid may be building up in it... She asked why it would be building up in my arm!!! Errr...because I've had all my lymph nodes removed! She said Oh, have you!!!

Might have been helpful if she'd read my notes!!! 😳😳😳😳 (I'd never seen this DN before!!!!)

How are you Badboob? Hope you're feeling well! πŸ’—πŸ˜˜πŸŽ€πŸ€•πŸ‘™

Have a nice evening  x

I hope that everything went/goes well for you today, Badboob. Thinking of you!!! πŸ’πŸ˜˜πŸ’•

We’re back in the U.K. now after our short, but fabulous, trip. Back to reality today, with my 4th herceptin injection. I’m always weighed before any sort of treatment, and I was aghast to see that I put on 1kg in 5 days in NY!?! Definitely need to get back to regular exercise and healthy eating now!

Good idea getting your wound looked at and a dressing added, Fiona. Do keep an eye on your drain sites, Aneeebel, as that’s where my infection started (one healed quickly with no issues, the other kept oozing fluid and had to be stitched up in the end πŸ™ˆ). Hopefully the area heals soon. Great work keeping up with the exercises! πŸ’ͺ

How is your skin holding up with the radiotherapy, Sar_ah? Mine is still ok, just a little tender.

I’m back at work full-time from tomorrow, although I suspect I will leave earlier than usual as I’ll be exhausted come lunch time... πŸ˜‚ I’m intending on leaving the wig at home and just wearing a beanie when outside, as I have a pretty full covering of hair now (albeit very short). We’ll see if I’m brave enough to carry through with it!🀞

Love to you all! Xox πŸ’•πŸ˜˜πŸ’πŸ€—

Hope everything goes well Badboob... thinking about you! πŸ’ͺπŸŽ€πŸ˜˜πŸ˜·πŸŒ» xx

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

β€οΈβ€οΈβ€οΈπŸ‘­πŸ‘­πŸ‘­β€οΈβ€οΈβ€οΈβ€οΈand a bit of πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨for you badboob, everyone’s got the πŸ₯‚πŸ₯‚ready for you xx

Thank you all for your good wishes, it means such a lot to know I have you all watching my backπŸ‘πŸ˜˜. Have completed my mad day, DH had to stop me when I decided it would be a wonderful idea to  stack the new logs in the log shed! I was a bit knackered to be honest. πŸ₯΄. But I think it’s worked and I am feeling strangely calmπŸ™πŸ§˜β€β™€οΈ

Very pleased that you, Aneeebel and Fiona are both getting on ok post ops, doing your exercises seems to be key, but I do think your district nurse is a glutton for punishment Aneeebel πŸ˜‰. But I am impressed with the service you have had from her! 

Now I know you all think that I have such a posh hospital πŸ˜‚ just because the kind nurses gave an old bird some tea and biccies to stop her fainting,  but they don’t run to WiFi, and since chemo, my phone doesn’t recognise my finger prints anymore which I use instead of a password to sign into this site,  therefore  I will be going silent until I’m home, hopefully tomorrow evening. 

I am looking forward to hearing all about NewYork Elliesmum, I am sure you’ve had a fab time. Sarah, hope the rads are nearly done and dusted.

Thanks for all your amazing support❀️😘

Hugs

Will be thinking of you tomorrow Badboob... πŸ’ͺπŸŽ€πŸ˜˜πŸŒ» x

Good luck for tomorrow Badboob, I'll be thinking of you πŸ’ͺπŸŽ€πŸ€—

πŸ’œFiona xxx

I have to do my exercises 3 times a day.... You'll be kept busy with yours every hour!! 

The 'harder' ones really are quite hard when you've just had a mastectomy! πŸ’ͺπŸΌπŸŽ€

Thanks for the info about the drains weeping...the District Nurse has just rung me...she wants to come out tomorrow and check them and change the dressing! 

Im so pleased that you're feeling well! πŸ’ͺπŸΌπŸŽ€

Hope you you enjoyed the bourbons... I went for a 40 minute walk, came home and ate 4 squares of Galaxy!! Haha! At least the walk made me feel like I was a little bit healthy!! 

How are you feeling Badboob? πŸ’ͺπŸΌπŸŽ€ x

Now that's an idea Aneeebel! Although im not sure hubby would approve if firemen turned up every hour 🀣To be honest, the ones on the floor I sometimes do standing up or sitting down. I think so long as the actual stretch is happening it's ok.

I have a scar in the armpit about 2.5" long and a separate shorter one just above the nipple. I've not seen them yet as I've got the steristrips on and the nurses don't want to remove those yet. 

The exercises seem to be getting harder which I hope is just the wounds healing. I've not taken any painkillers today, I don't want to rely on them. Other than that, I'm really quite well. My energy levels are improving too πŸ’ƒ

I did read in the book and various leaflets that the drain sites might still leak after drains are removed so I don't think you should worry just yet but do keep an eye on it.

Enjoy your walk, I might just have to go and treat myself to a packet of chocolate bourbon (the site's gone out the window post surgery) 😁

πŸ’œFiona xxx

Fiona... I dont blame you for going to see the nurse.... No way do you want to damage your wound!! Or any infection getting into it either! Poor Josephine...I hope she gets better soon! Do you have a cut in your arm pit? I was expecting my node wound/cut to be in my arm pit but the surgeon must have cleared them through my mastectomy cut!! (I still can't believe how big it is to be honest!!) πŸ€•

Are you feeling quite well? πŸ’—πŸŽ€

The swelling and bruising around my mastectomy is settling down but feels quite tight/stingy at times... The District Nurses all said it was really good and one said it was "lovely"...one nurse did say she's seen some horrendous ones which were a real mess!!!! 😳 I'm guessing that as the drains are out the fluid will be sitting near the wound which will make it tighter but it disperses naturally I believe..

My two little wounds where the drains were have been weeping something yucky -I can see it through the clear dressing!! 

I've been doing exercises too...but now the drains are out I have to do additional ones which are a bit harder... The info sheet says to either lie on the floor or the bed!! I'm not sure I'd be able to get up off the floor to be honest...id have to call a couple of burly firemen in to get me up!! Haha! πŸš’

(I might try it this afternoon!! πŸ˜‚)

Badboob...hope you're keeping yourself busy....keep yr mind off tomorrow!! πŸ€•

ElliesMum...no doubt you're having a fab time! πŸ—½

Sar_ah...how are you doing? πŸ€•

I'm going to go for a walk later... Have a good day Ladies x

πŸ’—πŸ’ͺπŸΌπŸ’—πŸ’ͺπŸΌπŸ’—πŸ’ͺπŸΌπŸ’—

You're right Aneeebel, Badboob definitely goes to a posh hospital. Perhaps we should all move south πŸ˜‰ She'll probably have a gold plated cup tomorrow covering the wire before surgery 😁 

Seriously though, well done Aneeebel for your positive thinking. You've done the worst part and every day is one step closer πŸŽ€ Those big pants will need to be washed a few times but you can do it girl πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ’ͺπŸŽ€

And Badboob, you'll have a local for the wire to be fitted, so it's the usual sharp prick 🀣 Mind you, I never had a problem with needles before BC. 

Josephine is still technicolour although more yellow than anything else 😲 The tenderness seems to move each day. I've had to go to the nurse this morning though as the steristrips were coming loose in the armpit and I'm terrified I'm going to catch them and rip the wound open 😲 That is definitely not happening so I now have a massive plaster dressing over it. I'd rather smell than cause damage to it πŸ™ƒ

How is your wound Aneeebel?

Sar_ah, I hope you're ok and coping with the rads. Are you halfway there now?

ElliesMum , I sincerely hope you're not reading this and that you're having a fab time in NYC 😘

It's arm exercise time again (these hours pass so quickly) and then I'd better do some work I suppose. I'm working from home today as I didn't want to get up early again 😴🀣

Take care ladies and have a great day πŸŽ€πŸ€—πŸ’ͺ

πŸ’œFiona xxx

Oh, I'm not having any infections Badboob... And neither am I going into hozzie!!

Me and my body have had enough now... πŸ’ͺπŸΌπŸŽ€πŸ’—πŸ˜·

My stomach just churned when I read that about your jab.... 😱😱😱😱 

You're defo posh at your hospital...1st you get a cod liver oil capsule and now you get a brew and biccies!!! β˜•οΈβ˜•οΈβ˜•οΈβ˜•οΈ 

Have a lovely evening Girls... πŸŽ€

Oh Aneeebel, you are a one! Thank goodness they are out and without any pain. Just watch keep a watch out for any infections, ww don’t want you back in hospital, do we? Now you can concentrate on just getting better.β€οΈπŸŒ»πŸ’πŸ’

I have just returned from my Herceptin jab. It stung like a bee sting, but soon passed off. As I nearly fainted at my last chemo, she made me sit for a while afterwards and made me a cup of tea with biscuits, well I wasn’t going to turn that down was I? Even with the tea it still only took 15 minutes tops! Result!!πŸ‘πŸ•ΊπŸ’ƒ

yes, Fiona I am having the dye injected the morning of my SNB, then I have the wire fitted. Not looking forward to a jab in my nipple, ouch, but I assumed they will numb it first 🀞. Anyway I have enjoyed making my girl friends squirm when describing my procedure! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜±.

Had a mad day, not stopped. So just have to repeat tomorrow, then I will be ready! πŸ₯΄πŸ€ͺ

Hugs

They were very, very, very big pants Fiona...nothing like the ones I described the other day!! πŸ‘™πŸ˜œπŸŽ€

Fabulous news that you're not in pain from your boob... The numb arm pit is very weird though....Mine is completely numb! πŸ’ͺ

I've just been for a walk for half an hour...in the rain..it's nice to get out!

Thanks for your support Ladies.... I really  need to give my head a wobble...but I was just in a tiz!!! πŸ’ͺπŸ‘™πŸŽ€πŸŒ·

That's brilliant news Aneeebel, and another tick in the box. You obviously had your big pants on πŸ˜‰  And don't apologise, we're all here to support you πŸ‘­πŸŽ€ it's not an easy time were having is it but we will get there.

Badboob, do you have to have a radioactive dye injected beforehand for the SNB? A woman who was in with me last week for the SNB had the dye the day before the op. I'm sure you'll be fine. My boob is okay, very little pain in fact, just lots of bruising which isn't sore. It really is the armpit and ANC rather than the boob. The wire bit looked a bit gruesome at the time but it's all for a good cause πŸ‘πŸ»

ElliesMum, I'm glad to hear you're having a great time in NYC and our little duckling is doing well πŸ₯

Sar_ah, I think we've all got issues when it comes to hair, haven't we? I actually like my NHS wig but I get too hot in it so it's for going out now. I try and wear a scarf more for work than the wig but it depends on whether there are any meetings. It us a really hard thing to get your head round. I still hate looking in the mirror as I realise I don't have a pretty head or neck 🀣 and I've still got patches but it is growing. You have to do whatever feels right for you. I just focused on the chemo and tried not to think about anything else. One step at a time, Sar_ah πŸ€—

I suppose I'd better do a bit more work before my next set of exercises πŸ™ƒπŸ‹οΈβ€β™€οΈ

Have fun ladies whatever you're up to πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸŽ€πŸŽ€

πŸ’œFiona xxx

Are you all sat down...I don't want you to faint....πŸ˜‰πŸ˜œπŸ˜‰πŸ˜œπŸ˜‰πŸ˜œπŸ˜‰

The dreaded drains have been removed!!! Put the flags out!!! πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§

I was in a right old tiz...I never felt a thing!! πŸ’ͺπŸŽ€

The little holes are weeping a bit, the District Nurse said they were ready for coming out!! I just have to keep my eye on the sites for infection or swelling!! 

I'm soooooo relieved...

I'm sorry for being such a drama queen!! πŸ‘‘πŸŽ€πŸ’ͺπŸ‘‘πŸŽ€πŸ’ͺπŸ‘‘πŸŽ€πŸ’ͺ 

Good news that you're enjoying NYC ElliesMum x πŸ—½

I’m having a fabulous time in NY! My husband has been amazing too... he is currently walking around Central Park with a very awake little person at 6.30am so I can have a bit more rest. πŸ‘πŸ’•πŸ₯°

Aneeebel, I had a drain and I remember the removal feeling a bit strange but it didn’t hurt. Only a little uncomfortable, and even then only for a moment. So please don’t let it worry you! My arm/lymph node removal hurt far more than my mastectomy area. I assume this is because I had (still have) limited feeling where my breast was. I only had a few lymph nodes out (one was positive), with the area blasted by radiation just in case, instead of having a full clearance. It still hurt - and I still got cording - so do keep the exercises up! πŸ’ͺ

Better be off now as I need to get ready before my little duckling comes back wanting food! Have a wonderful week everyone. Thinking of you, Badboob! (And you, Sar_ah, with your rads!)

xox πŸ˜˜πŸ’•πŸ’πŸ’ͺ

Good idea Badboob...swigging the morphine! I'll ring the Kwak and ask for a prescription!! 😳

I have some Dihydrocodeine tablets...if I take 6 of those I'll be in a coma by the time the District Nurse turns up!! Ha! πŸ€•πŸ˜·πŸ€•πŸ˜·πŸ€•

It doesn't hurt having the drains out apparently...funny it's only the people who haven't had it done who have said that tho!!! πŸ˜‰πŸ€•πŸ™„ 

Ive decided I'm going to be brave...honest!!! πŸ‘™πŸ’ͺπŸΌπŸŽ€ (is it too early for brandy???) 

Just for info Fiona and Badboob...I did read that radiotherapy and having lymph nodes cleared are equally as effective as each other so if you need further treatment/surgery on your lymph nodes it may be worth asking your oncologists! My daughters bought me the book about Breast Cancer that was written by two doctors who both had BC and the info was in there! 

I asked my oncologist if I could have radiotherapy instead of surgery but she said as they already knew my nodes were affected they would be cleared! (I'd had biopsies when I was re-called to the clinic after my mammogram!) 

With regards to "hair".... I got a beautiful wig with my NHS voucher and it's still in the box! I've never worn it apart from trying it on once on the day I brought it home from the salon....I just couldn't bring myself to put it on!! Poor Dolly!! πŸ‘©πŸ»πŸ‘©πŸΌπŸ‘©πŸ»πŸ‘©πŸΌπŸ‘©πŸ»πŸ‘©πŸΌπŸ‘©πŸ»

Stay strong Badboob.... Your "boil" will be out before you know it!! πŸ’ͺ🏼πŸ’ͺ🏼

How are you feeling Fiona? πŸŽ€πŸŒΌ

Hope your rads are going well Sar_ah! πŸŽ€πŸŒΈ

ElliesMum...NYC is amazing isn't it!! πŸ—½

Have a good day Ladies x 

Morning everyone, I hope we are all perky on this Monday morning. 

Fiona is correct, Aneeebel, you crack us all up! Ribena indeed, what ever next, your poor District Nurse must be desperate to whip those drains out of you. Why don’t you have a large swig from your morphine (if they prescribed it for you) or brandy will do. Then you won’t care what she does to you. πŸ˜‚πŸ€ͺ.

Glad you are getting on ok Fiona. And it’s interesting to read about your post op sensations I am prepared for lots of discomfort and a conversation with my BCN she assured me that pain relief had come on since my last op when I was 9 years old, I bloody hope so!🀭. I convinced myself I am just have a boil removed, so that OK isn’t it!πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘.  I am trying to keep really busy so I don’t have to think about it. I am back to the hospital today for my restarted Herceptin injections as I passed my echocardiogram! I am having a wire guided lumpectomy (so will report back on plastic cupsπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‰) with a SNB. They don’t think it has spread to my lymph nones so are just doing a biopsy for now. The only problem is that as it’s DCIS it is hard to see how far into the ducts it is, so he might have to take a bit more to get clear margins first time.

Now Sarah, this hair thing. I have to be honest it was only when that women put the first wig on my head it hit me what was going to happen. It was like being run over my a truck and I sobbed like a baby. I have purchased a really nice wig from a local shop and I have my Ken Dodd/ Liza Minnelli from the NHS which hasn’t even come out of its box!πŸ˜±πŸ‘¨β€πŸ¦².  DH tried very hard at being supportive, telling me that I should wear a Bath Rugby bobble hat!!! (We are season ticket holders.....long story). That helpful comment only served to distressed me more....... in the end, I only wear my wig out for social occasions, lunch with girl friends etc. But around the house and just out and about I wear one of my beanies. He doesn’t seem bothered anymore and just accepts my appearance. The only thing is he keeps asking when my hair will start of grow ( no sign yet😒) and how much will it grow in a month. What do you do at night to keep you head covered? I wear a sleep cap, for warmth only but by morning it has come off and has got lost in the bedclothes! 

Finally, I have been thinking about Elliesmum in New York. I hope your little one has coped with the time difference and you are having the best time ever😘.

Thank you all for your good wishes, it does help to know that you have all been though this before me and are safely out the other side. Now! I must get up and start rushing about like a blue arsed fly.πŸ˜‚πŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸ’¨πŸŒͺπŸŒͺπŸŒͺπŸ’¨

Hugs

Hi Girls... πŸŽ€

The drains lived to see another day...to be honest, I don't think the District Nurse could be bothered this morning, she didn't even ask how my wound was!!! She did, however, advise "that the drains do have to come out and should be done tomorrow!" -she must be off! Hahaaa... πŸŽ€πŸ˜³

Fiona...my armpit is very numb! It's so strange.... My surgeon did say that would happen! 

Its lovely that you felt well enough to go out for lunch! 

I went for a walk, came home and went for 40 winks! 

Hopefully Josephine improves soon! πŸ‘™

Hope NYC is living up to expectations ElliesMum πŸ—½

You're defo on the countdown Badboob...keep your chin up! πŸŽ€

Sar_ah...any 'hair' news? πŸ’ͺ🏼

Thinking of you all πŸŽ€πŸŽ€

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Fi your post just reminded me it can feel like ants/spiders scurrying round on your skin as things knit back together, don’t know if you or aneebel have felt that yet, aneebel 🀞you’ve had drains outπŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨Shi xx

Oh Aneeebel, you do make me laugh 🀣 You inspire me 😁 Whenever one of us is down you're always there with your fabulous humour πŸ˜‚ Ribena indeed 😁 If I had a drain I'd fill it with red wine 🀣🍷

My parents went home on Friday as they didn't want to get caught out by the snow β›„ it was lovely to have them down and keeping an eye on me so that hubby could concentrate on work. 

My boob is currently known as Josephine as she definitely has a Technicolor coat with all the bruising πŸ˜‰ the boob is less tender but the armpit is still slightly painful. It feels like it's stinging most of the time which I guess is just it trying to knit together. I haven't seen the actual wound as I have steristrips on which won't come off until I go for my follow up on 28th. Like you, Aneeebel, it feels weird underneath, almost numb in places. I know it's just the op and the healing process but it's no wonder we worry so much, given what we've already gone through.

We've been out for a walk today, dodging the showers to get to the pub for a great Sunday lunch πŸ— I braved it in a headscarf, first time in public (other than at work). Sar_ah, I fully understand how you feel about the hair issue. It's the pits isn't it? I was never overly happy with my hair before but I wish I had some to moan about now. Saying that, it is starting to grow fairly noticeably now. I've started using the shampoo bar from lush that has been recommended.

Badboob, how are you doing? I hope you're having a nice relaxing weekend before Wednesday. Are you having an ANC as well as the WLE ?  

Time for more arm exercises πŸ‹οΈβ€β™€οΈ

Take care ladies and enjoy the rest of your weekend πŸ€—πŸŽ€

πŸ’œFiona xxx

Sar_ah.... I sincerely hope I didn't sound flippant about your hair, because believe me I didn't mean to.... I was ridiculously upset about my hair when it was initially falling out! No one will ever know how upset to be honest....πŸ’” And it's not "only" hair...it's 'your' hair... I told several people to feck off when they advised me it was "only" hair...πŸ‘©πŸ»πŸ‘©πŸΌ

I remember saying to my daughter that I didn't want my hubby to see me!! What does your hubby say? Does he not find it strange that he hasn't seen you without your hair? Mine wasn't bothered in the slightest...his 'usual' phrase is 'at least yours will grow back' (I've actually threatened to thump him if he says it one more time!!!πŸ’ͺπŸΌπŸ˜‚)

are you not hot wearing something on your head all the time? Why don't you send your hubby a photo maybe... He probably wouldn't bat an eye lid... 

You can't help your hair falling out...you've had a massive fight on your hands...get your granny knickers on and show him...it's actually quite 'liberating'! I chuckle to myself when I'm out and about as I only wear my beanie outdoors because it's cold....people look at me and when they see me looking back, they quickly turn away!! Haha! Stuff em!!!! Be proud of yourself!!!! πŸ˜˜πŸŽ€πŸ’ͺπŸΌπŸ’—

(sorry for getting on my soap box!!!)

MBJ....Thankyou so much for your advice with regards to my arm! I did think it may be due to surgery but I was having a mini panic attack as the pain started like this when I had shingles in my arm shortly before I found out I had Breast Cancer... It was one of the most painful things I have ever experienced!!! Apart from the shingles rash I literally couldn't bear to touch the skin on my arm either...horrendously painful! I was just hoping it wasn't shingles coming back... I'm quite relieved it's more likely to be because of my op!!! πŸ˜˜πŸŒΌπŸŽ€

How are you doing πŸ’œFiona?? Don't forget, we're all here if you need a 'shoulder'! πŸ˜˜πŸŽ€

How are you Badboob? How are the nerves? πŸ˜˜πŸŽ€

Have a lovely day Ladies....if you hear a strange screeching noise...it'll be me having my drain removed!! πŸ˜‚πŸ’ͺπŸΌπŸŽ€ (Unless I get my BGP on!!! πŸ˜‰πŸ‘™)

MBJ

Dear Aneebel

Hi I am from the February group. I had this pain in my arm following lymph node clearance. It's because they have cut through nerve endings. It's very uncomfortable and sort of drives you nuts. I was advised to massage my arm in a upward movement from wrist to underarm. Do it quite firmly as  softly will just annoy the nerves. It does wear off after a few weeks and although my arm is still numb mainly at the back I don't notice it much at all now. I had my surgery in December. Be vigilant with your excercises and once the drains come out you must stretch your arm up to avoid cording. I hope this is helpful. 

Sorry to hear your on so much pain Aneeebel Smiley Sad I hope you start to feel better soon and your arm does recover! 

Good luck if you do have your drain removed tomorrow (if you don’t try the Ribena trick 🀣 .... I wouldn’t be surprised if she hasn’t come across that before!) 

i hope your able to at least get some rest tonight and your right it’s only hair! Smiley Happy

I need to put on my big girl pants and let my husband see it!! 

Love to you all xxx 

Wonderful news that you've landed safely ElliesMum... hope yr duckling was okay! πŸ₯

Have fun! πŸ—½

I have 2 drains in...The District Nurse said that it's likely one will come out tomorrow...the other one is draining a bit more! I might fill it up with Ribena before she gets here then she'll have to leave it!! Hahaaa! 

I've got the most painful arm...it's like the surface of my skin down a short stretch of of my arm going from my under arm to my elbow but there's nothing to see! The District Nurse said to keep my eye on my picc line site as that's only just recovered! It's probably from surgery...my surgeon said my arm would be strange/numb for several months and some areas may not recover at all!! πŸ™„πŸ’ͺThat's all I need!! 

Sar_ah... I feel relatively ok thank you.. but uncomfortable! I keep getting stabbing pains in my humongous wound.. I'm still shocked at how big it is... I've even resorted to the morphine based pain killers tonight...

I wouldn't say you're vain...you're emotional.. you're desperately missing your hair.. (I'm desperately missing my right breast πŸ’”...)  it takes some getting used to!

Your hair will grow back..although mine is only about 2 mm!! Stay strong! πŸŽ€πŸ’ͺπŸ’—

Hope you're well Fiona πŸŽ€πŸŒ»

πŸ’—

Evening ladies, apologies again for just not keeping up, I’m rubbish! 

Elliesmum well done on finishing rads!! Smiley Happy))) I hope you all have an amazing time in New York, there’s nothing like it Smiley Happy enjoy every minute! 

Fiona, I hope your feeling ok! 

Aneebel how are you feeling recovery wise now? 

I’ve got 16 sessions of rads left, everydaus closer.  I’ve been dreading the meds and injections after but got speaking to a lady at the gym last week and she told me there not that bad and we had a really long chat, she said the only thing was the weight gain . She was diagnosed three years ago and looked bloody amazing! I actually cried and told herπŸ€¦πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ She may have thought I’m slightly mad but I’ve been really struggling with the no hair thing, 5 months later and I can safely say I have not come to terms with it ..... sorry for the extremely vain post! 

Thank you all for your kind wishes! We’re safely in New York.πŸ—½πŸ€—

It’s great that you’re both starting to heal (physically, at least), Fiona and Aneeebel. I suspect that the emotional and mental scars take a bit longer to repair. Keep up the good work with the exercises! How’s your drain going, Aneeebel? Did you need to call for advice, Fiona, or have things settled down a little for you? Do keep an eye on the area and call it in if you notice anything become red and hot to ouch or oozy. (I waited far too long to ask for advice and the result was - literally - an explosive mess followed by more surgery πŸ™ˆ)

Best of luck for next week, Badboob. I’ll be thinking about you on Wednesday and sending good vibes your way!

I hope rads are treating you well so far, Sar_ah.

Lots of love to you all! Xox πŸ’•πŸ’πŸ₯°

Fiona...Good news that you didn't have a drain in...bet you're relieved!

Yes, good idea to ring if you've any concerns!

I'm so pleased for you that you're not too bad... πŸŽ€πŸ’ͺ🌻

Are your parents still with you? Or have they gone home? 

Have a fab time in NYC ElliesMum! πŸ—½πŸ˜πŸ’—

Badboob... countdown is on for your surgery now... hope yr well! πŸŽ€πŸ’ͺ

Have a good w/e Girls πŸŽ€πŸŒ»

πŸ’—πŸ’ͺπŸ’—πŸ’ͺπŸ’—πŸ’ͺπŸ’—

I don't have a drain in, Aneeebel. I did ask if there was a chance I'd have one and the anaesthist said I'd got the surgeon most likely to put one in but fortunately not on this occasion πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ˜‰ It's all very tender but I'm coping. I've got a strange noise in my shoulder when I'm doing my exercises though. It sounds a bit like fluid so I'm going to see how it goes then give the helpline a ring  if it doesn't improve. 

πŸŽ€πŸ€—

πŸ’œFiona xxx

Wonderful news that you're not too bad Fiona! πŸ’ͺπŸŽ€ Do you have any type of drain in when you have a WLE? Hopefully, you're not in too much pain! 🌻🌼🌷

I keep getting shooting/stabbing pains in my wound... it must be knitting back together! The District Nurse has checked it but there's no sign of infection thank goodness! πŸŽ€πŸ’ͺ

Hope you're well Badboob and Sar_ah πŸŽ€

Have a wonderful time in NYC ElliesMum... I'm weljel! πŸ—½

πŸ’—πŸ’ͺπŸ’—πŸ’ͺπŸ’—πŸ’—

Afternoon Ladies, I hope you're all well.

ElliesMum, I hope you have a fantastic time in New York. You deserve this treat so enjoy 😁

Aneeebel, you are so funny 🀣 I can just imagine you in your little thongs being blown along πŸ˜‚and well done on booking your holiday. We all need something to look forward to and you've been through so much that you definitely deserve it.

Badboob, I'm so pleased to hear that you're feeling better and your energy levels are coming back πŸ’ƒ

I was the same and am convinced a lot of it is knowing there is no more chemo. Don't worry about Wednesday, it really will be much easier than the past few months. Are you in just for the day?

Sar_ah, how are you getting on with rads ?

As for me, I'm doing ok. I've just been to the local community hospital for them to check the steristrips are in place. All seems to be ok there. I'm doing my exercises although not quite so frequently today. I can take my sexy stockings off now πŸ˜‰

Well, ladies, have a great weekend πŸ€—πŸŽ€πŸ€—πŸŽ€

πŸ’œFiona xxx

Morning Ladies...

How are you feeling Fiona? Is everyone looking after you??? πŸŽ€πŸŒ·πŸ’—

Badboob...I only wear those little itsy bitsy teeny weeny tiny pants...bit like the yellow polka dot bikini!!!! πŸ˜‚πŸ‘™πŸ˜‚πŸ‘™πŸ˜‚

I did laugh to meself yesterday... I'd said to my daughter that I was going to be brave...until a car came down the road and I sqwealed...who's that!!!! (I thought it was the District Nurse!)I nearly deafened her! It was only my friend from across the road!! It was funny...she said I thought you were going to be brave! Hahaaa...πŸ’ͺ(She's now deaf in her left ear! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚) πŸš—

I'll get the big uns out...promise!! πŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺ

Yes...my lottie does need me...all my seeds are growing and I'm not allowed to plant them!! So frustrating! I did ask if I could delay surgery until they were in the ground but the answer was a big, fat No!! πŸ™„πŸ…πŸ“πŸ’

Are you nearly ready for NYC ElliesMum?

I'm very excited for you! πŸŽ€

Sar_ah...hope yr rads are going well! πŸŽ€

I've booked our flights to Greece this morning...we usually go to Kos in June! We book flights and accommodation seperately and we've been waiting for the flights to go down in price!! I can't bloody wait! 😁😁😁

Have a good day Ladies x πŸŽ€πŸŒΊ

Morning everyone, I have been catching up with all your posts and laughing at all your funny stories. I struck me that we are all a little tipsy on feeling that this sh*tty journey is hopefully coming to a end! πŸ’©πŸ˜€. 

Elliesmum, you are not going to be disappointed with NewYork. It feels so familiar once you get there, I think because we are so used to seeing it in the movies, but it so much bigger than you can imagine. I spent my first days walking round, looking up, saying Oh my god! I was just blown away.

Now then Aneeebel, you need to pop on your big girls pants and not worry about having your drains out. You have been though so much already, visits to Hotel NHS, horrid chemo and a mastectomy to name a few, you can do this girl.πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ•ΊπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ˜˜ Just remember you’ve done the hard part and your Lottie will need you very soon! 

I hope you havent had to resort to the morphine Fiona and are continuing to improve. I have to admit that when DH had his hip replacement last year, once he had gone to bed and had his nighttime dose I was very tempted to have a little swig myself 😱🀭πŸ€ͺ lets put it this way, he was NOT the easiest of patients πŸ˜‚πŸ€•.🀬😀.

Sarah, I am not sure where you are in your treatment? Have you just got radiotherapy to go. I hope you are finding this ok as well.

Well I am trying to keep super busy so I don’t have time to think about next week🀭. I can’t believe how much better I feel after three weeks post chemo. My energy levels are definitely better, but I am trying to be sensible πŸ₯΄ as I don’t want anything to go wrong between now and Wednesday. No sign of any hair, but as I am still shedding the small amount I have left, I am taking that as a positive πŸ˜‚πŸ‘©β€πŸ¦²

No doubt that bonkers Shi will shimmer in on our chat and make us all laugh againπŸ˜‰πŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰! 

Hugs

Highlighted

Oh. I wΓ―ll Shi...keep your eye open!! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ’¨πŸ’¨πŸ’¨πŸŽˆπŸŽˆπŸŽˆπŸ–πŸ»πŸ–πŸ»πŸ–πŸ»

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸΎπŸΎπŸΎπŸ₯‚πŸ₯‚πŸ₯‚πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ€πŸŽ‰πŸŽŠπŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸ›ŽπŸ›ŽπŸ›ŽπŸ›Žyehhhh well done Ellie’s mum 😘😘now have fabulous time in New York ❀️❀️aneebel πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚you give us all a wave if storm Gareth turns you into our very own Mary poppins darling πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨Shi xx

Yay... you're finished ElliesMum... it's not surprising you were both in tears! Very emotional! I bet your Mum was pleased to be with you! πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰

I'm not as posh as you two... my surgeon used his trusty old ball point pen!!! I'm sure i saw him take it from behind his ear just before he started 'drawing' on me... πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Hope you're feeling well Fiona... πŸŽ€

Are you celebrating tonight ElliesMum? 🍾

I feel quite well in myself on the whole (however, my head is another matter!)... I am panicking about having my drains taken out though! I told the District Nurse I'm cancelling all the visits from now on...haha!

Have a lovely evening Ladies...thinking of you all πŸ˜˜πŸ’—πŸŒ»πŸŽ€ x

Yay, so pleased that you’re feeling ok, Fiona! πŸ‘πŸ’• Haha my little duckling does love drawing... I can perfectly imagine what you’re describing!πŸ˜‚ Are you covered in pen marks too, Aneeebel? I ended up having dye injected to locate the sentinel lymph node, and I still have a blue patch above my scar 6 months later!?! πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ Good work getting started with your exercises. πŸ’ͺ Also great work, Aneeebel, on getting out and about - especially given the weather. It’s been blowing a gale here, with crazy on/off rain showers too! β˜”οΈ 

I think it’s totally normal to feel emotional. It’s going to take us all some time to adjust to our new β€œnormal”. πŸ’• My Mum started crying as I came out of the treatment area following my final rads session today, which of course set me off! πŸ™ˆ Mum isn’t joining us in New York but will meet up with friends in London while we’re away. I’ve never been to New York and I’m so excited! πŸ€—

Big hugs to you all! Xox πŸ’πŸ₯°β€οΈ

Wonderful news that you're feeling well Fiona! You're probably so relieved you're surgery is over that that'll be making you emotional too...you're allowed to cry! It's traumatic!! πŸ’ͺπŸ’— Make sure you get plenty of TLC! πŸŽ€

I promptly burst into tears when my BCN rang me on Tuesday.. I cried when I was talking to the District Nurse..and several times since!!! πŸ’” 

I'll give you a wave when I'm "flying" over Matlock...πŸ˜‚πŸŽˆπŸ˜‚πŸŽˆ

Have a lovely day everyone... πŸŽ€

Good morning ladies πŸŽ€πŸŽ€

How are we all today? 

It sounds like exciting times ahead. ElliesMum is on the final day of rads with a trip to New York following (I think I drew the short straw with whitby🀣). Badboob us now on countdown for surgery. Aneeebel is being a low flying object in these winds πŸ˜‚ Lol, that did make me laugh Aneeebel,  I can almost picture it 🌬🌬

I'm feeling pretty good today I'm pleased to say. The wounds don't hurt too much, it feels tender but ok. I'm taking paracetamol and ibuprofen but not had to resort to the oral morphine. Badboob, for your information, I have 2 fairly small scars, one just above the nipple and the other a horizontal one in the lower part of the armpit. I thought they would both be bigger to be honest. I'm doing the exercises, my BCN said hourly and I had to start them last night. They don't seem too painful either. I guess that may be because it's not extensive surgery like yours Aneeebel. I do look like your little duckling has had the felt too pens on me ElliesMum . I had a green arrow denoting which boob, I've got purple lines in my armpit and I had a black cross just above the nipple for the wire 🀣 It was good to get home but sleep wasn't so easy as I'm concerned about lying on that side. It'll get easier though as it heals.

Thank you all again for your warm wishes, it really does make a difference. I'm a bit emotional today so all your posts from last night and this morning are making me a bit teary 😒 I sincerely hope we do all keep in touch, I couldn't have done this without you πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸŽ€πŸ’ͺ

Have a great day. 

πŸ’œFiona xxx

Morning Ladies πŸŽ€

Shi...I nearly got blown away to be honest! Haha! It sounds quite windy today... If you see a strange low flying object over your house it'll probably be me.....πŸŽˆπŸŽˆπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ’¨πŸ’¨

I hope my lottie is okay too.... πŸŠπŸ“πŸ…πŸπŸ‹

How are you feeling Fiona? Make sure you have lots of rest and let everyone spoil you! πŸ’ͺπŸΌπŸ’πŸŽ€

Last rads for you ElliesMum... πŸŽ‰πŸ›ŽπŸŽ‰πŸ›ŽπŸŽ‰πŸ›ŽπŸŽ‰

How are you getting on with your rads Sar_ah? πŸŽ€

Badboob...hope you're well! πŸ˜€πŸŽ€

Have a good day Girls! πŸ’πŸŒ»πŸŒΌ

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi annebel😘😘 you did well yesterday getting out for walk round the block in These winds ❀️❀️ Hope your lotties survived the winds and weather ok 🀞🀞now you must all remember to treat yourselves to something nice and special when you πŸ›ŽπŸ›ŽπŸ›Žthose rads bells too πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»It’s the best feeling 😁😁😁😁 πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨Shi xx

Hope you're in the land of nod Fiona after your long, 'eventful' day! πŸ˜΄πŸ’€πŸ˜΄πŸ’€πŸ˜΄πŸ’€πŸ˜΄

Oh how exciting ElliesMum...your New York trip seems to have come around quickly!

Have you been to New York before? We've been twice....absolutely love it there! You'll have an amazing time, I'm sure!! 

Has your lovely Mum gone home?

Final rads at last!!! Whoop! Whoop! I bet it feels fabulous knowing its your last one! 

We can all stay on the thread as long as we want... And you're quite right....without this group the 'road' we've all been down would have been a lonelier one! I certainly do appreciate all the support and advice I've received from you all since October 18! πŸ˜˜πŸŽ€

Hope you're all well x 

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Ellie’s mum ❀️❀️You have a fabulous time in New York, spoil yourselves silly, dance in Central Park and have fun ❀️❀️Us oct17 ladies all stuck together on our chemo thread through rads and ops too, we bounced off to other threads but the chemo thread was our β€˜home’ club Tropicana thread awaits when you are back and we can start getting rest of Oct ladies sun loungers ready too, club Tropicana thread is where everyone can jump on and πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»Or whatever πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨Shi xx

I hope they’ve sorted your discharge out, Fiona, and you’re safely tucked up in your own bed! πŸ˜΄πŸ’• Excellent to heat that your parents are around to look after you.πŸ‘πŸ₯°

I’m doing really well thanks. Final session of rads is tomorrow!?! Can’t quite believe I’ve almost reached the end (well, aside from herceptin). You’ll all be joining me before you know it - rads has flown by. πŸ’ͺ Off to New York on Saturday for 5 days. Woohoo! πŸ€— I’m so excited. We’ve got 8 hours worth of Netflix kids stuff downloaded on the iPad for our little duckling. πŸ₯ We only let her start watching children’s tv in the past week or two (ahead of the flight) and she’s a big fan. So hopefully it will be an uneventful flight. πŸ™ˆπŸ€ž

Thank you all for helping me throughout this journey. You’ve been incredible. Words can’t express how much your advice, support and understanding has meant to me. If you don’t mind me hanging around, I intend to stay on the thread until we all reach the end of treatment. We’re all in this together! πŸ’•πŸ‘πŸ˜˜ xox

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

😁😁😁😘😘😘yehhh fimillan ❀️❀️lovely to hear all ok πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘like Ellie’s mum says, use those pain meds, don’t try and be hard, rest up, take it steady and no jumping off wardrobes or sliding down and banisters for a few weeks πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨Shi xx

Thanks ElliesMum and I will do. Got my parents down from Scotland too so I'll definitely be looked after for the next couple of days πŸ˜‰

How are doing ElliesMum? Just a couple of days left for rads?  Then are you off to New York?

I think I might have to hassle them to prepare my discharge soon. Although it's going quicker this afternoon than it did this morning πŸ˜‰

Love to you all and thanks again for all your kind thoughts πŸŽ€πŸŽ€

πŸ’œFiona xxx

Yay Fiona, well done! πŸ‘πŸ’•πŸ’ͺπŸ’πŸ€— So glad that you’re feeling ok. Keep on top of the pain meds. As Aneeebel and Badboob have already said, enjoy sleeping in your own bed - and make sure hubby looks after you!!! Xox 😘

Thank you Badboob and Aneeebel. I'm feeling ok actually, just waiting to get to the discharge time.

I was rocking the Madonna loom this morning when they fitted the wire 🀣 it was sticking out about 3" and they cover it with a plastic cup to avoid it getting knocked. If they'd out one on the other boob it might have looked inconspicuous but just one looked a bit silly πŸ˜‚ And with the sexy stockings and gown I really looked a sight πŸ˜‰

I'm just glad that I can tick this bit off now. 

Badboob, you'll be fine next week, it really is a doddle after chemo.

I've had tea and toast and biscuits and feel so much better.

Looking forward to going home though.

Thank you for thinking of me today and all your good wishes, it's helped me a lot today πŸ˜šπŸ€—πŸŽ€πŸŽ€

πŸ’œFiona xxx