Re: October 2018 Chemo starters

[ Edited ]

Hi Lovely Ladies.... Hope you're all well!

ElliesMum, I'm so pleased you managed nearly a full nights sleep.... Hope you get many more! 😴😴😴

I've started waking up 3 or 4 times during the night... So frustrating! 😴

Badboob, did you enjoy the concert? πŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸŽ€

πŸ’œFiona....hopefully you'll continue to feel well! Fingers and toes crossed! πŸ™πŸΌπŸ’ͺπŸΌπŸ’— I was on the same cycle as you but now the oncologist has delayed my no.4, my 'good week' is no longer Christmas week!! πŸ™„πŸŽ„πŸŽ…πŸΌ
I'm not having problems with my nails so I'm unable to offer any advice! πŸ’…πŸΌ

Hope you all have a fab weekend, take care and stay πŸ’ͺ🏼 xxx

πŸ’—πŸ’ͺπŸΌπŸ’—πŸ’ͺπŸΌπŸ’—πŸ’ͺπŸΌπŸ’—

Thanks ElliesMum, I'm home now and curled up on the sofa with the fire going and plenty of water by my side deciding what rubbish to watch on telly πŸ˜ƒ  I'm feeling reasonable. I get an instant headache and runny nose with the C but it's slowly wearing off. Not too much nausea as yet, that'll probably kick in tomorrow.

I hope everyone is well and keeping warm and toasty.

Have a lovely weekend πŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺπŸ’πŸ’

πŸ’œFiona xxx

I hope chemo number 3 was ok for you today, Fiona.🀞Thinking of you.πŸ’•πŸ’ Yay for FEC being over!

I can totally understand not wanting a delay to your next chemo cycle, Kateday. I am clinging to my schedule for dear life, as I am someone who needs a plan! Not to mention, I don’t want my worst days (side-effects wise) to coincide with Christmas...πŸ™ˆ I hope your arm holds up ok and that they manage to sort a PICC line for you soon!

Love to all! Xox 😘

Hi ladies how are you all
So saw onc today and discussed the side effects and he wants to reduce the dose and for me to have pic line
He wanted to delay next week chemo , I said no , o will suffer the arm pain just to try and be over the side effects by Christmas so he will do it before number four xx
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Ellie yep think Michael Keaton in beetle juice πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚xx
Highlighted

Haha Shi I can just imagine the hair styling you are describing. I wish you and the Oct 17 ladies luck with taming your curly post-chemo mullets! πŸ˜‚

Fiona, I can only share my own experience but my nails have been ok so far. A bit thinner and more easily torn, but not terrible. However, I’ve only had FEC so far; I believe that the T part of FEC-T treatment causes the most nail issues. I will be paining my nails a dark colour and hoping for the best next week!πŸ€žπŸ’…
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Ellie’s mum πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚you laugh now at an 80’s crazy wig πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£some of us oct17 girls have chemo curl mullets just now trying desperately to grow long enough to straighten πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚but hey it’s hair and you’ll be celebrating crazy 80’s hair too soon πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ‘πŸ‘keep going ladies you are doing amazing πŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺπŸ˜‚πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨Shi xx

Is anyone else having problems with nail discolouration?  I've noticed that mine are just starting to look a little dark at the base, and I forgot to mention this to the oncologist today.

πŸ’œFiona xxx πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺ

Yay Fiona! Clearly the wine did the trick πŸ·πŸ‘ Best of luck with your final round of FEC tomorrow. I hope the side effects are kind to you! πŸ€žπŸ’

Aneeebel, you continue to amaze me. Good on you for going shopping, although do try not to pass out if you can help it! πŸ˜‚ I have started carrying water everywhere with me just in case I start feeling faint. It’s hard to predict; stupidly overheated shops certainly don’t help matters!

Have fun at the Tina Turner concert, Badboob. What a great excuse to wear a crazy 80s-style novelty wig!?! I hope you get lots of rest today so you can really enjoy yourself.πŸ•Ί

Love and hugs to you all! Xox πŸ˜˜πŸ’•πŸ’ͺ

P.S. I almost got an uninterrupted night of sleep, Aneeebel! My little one only woke once, and even then she was only awake from 12-12.30. Compared to usual, it was a fantastic night of sleep! πŸ˜΄πŸ‘

Hi πŸ’œFiona... I wasn't feeling too bad so went shopping with my daughter... Jeez, I nearly passed out in the shop! I Went hot and breathless and nauseous again... I actually said to the sales assistant if I pass out don't say I didn't warn you! My daughter went rushing off to the shop to get me a bottle of water!!

Badboob, you don't need to apologise for your rant...like you say, we can come on here to let it all out.... I just sound like a moaning Minnie at the moment! πŸ’”
Have a fab time in London! πŸ’™πŸŽ€πŸŽΌ

Stay strong everyone x

First of all sorry for my last post, too long and a bit of a rant! 

It’s a strange world we live in where we are delighted that one of us is well enough to have chemo! But Congratulations FiMilan! I can imagine the relief! I hope it goes well tomorrow and you are well enough to enjoy Christmas! My next chemo is 18th, so I should be at my worse over Christmas, thank goodness I am at my sister’s where I can just veg out. 

Aneeebel, I can also sympathise with your situation, I prepared myself to be told I would need to lose a breast, but was very relieved when told that would be unnecessary. I too am still proud of my puppies, at 62 they are still quite perky. All I can say is this is a wonderful place to just let it all out, in a safe place with people who absolutely get where you are coming from. So don’t hold back if you need to rant. 

Still feeling very tired, no improvement in bottom area, but it’s DH Birthday tomorrow so we are off to London to see Tina Turner ( if I can stay awake) so I have slapped my happy face on and will get though it without ruining his celebration! 

Hugs x

Thanks Aneeebel, it feels such a reluef to know i can knock another one off.

How are you today?

πŸ’œF xxx

Yippee... Fabulous news πŸ’œFiona! Hope everything goes well tomorrow! πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’— x

Hooray, bloods are good, 1.9, so all good for tomorrow 😁 Last FEC. They've got to use other arm though tomorrow as my vein is still sore, it's the E apparently which is the irritant.

I'm so relieved I can have chemo but not looking forward to the days after 😣

Take care all πŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺ
πŸ’œFiona xxx

Hi πŸ’œFiona... Hope your bloods are behaving for your chemo! I trust the vino went down well... 🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷

ElliesMum...how fantastic that your students passed the exam! You all deserve the bubbles!!! 🍸🍸🍸🍸🍸
Did your little one sleep through?
It's a long time since a little one woke me during the night...my grandson is 14 and can sleep for England, always has done and my Grandaughter is 9 and can talk for England!! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’™πŸ’™

Thankyou to both of you for your kind words...and advice... πŸ˜˜πŸ’

Hope you all have a lovely day, stay strong!

ElliesMum, I do love red wine, I have to say, especially if it's Italian. We're not big drinkers but could easily drink 3 bottles a week between the two of us. I still keep trying to work out what caused Humphrey's existence, it's either alcohol but I don't think I'm over the weekly allowance, a fall I had in July or just bad luck. Genetics inferred that there really wasn't enough history for it to be BRCA1 or 2 but I was borderline on whether I should be referred to genetics anyway (it seems I'm borderline for everything - lumpectomy/mastectomy, wbc for C2, referral to genetics). 

Ive just looked at the clock and realised its just gone 9! That's a miracle for me to still be awake! πŸ˜‚ I went to work yesterday for about 5 hours and was fast asleep by 8.15. However, I'm always awake anytime from 4.30 onwards. It was 5 this morning. And I did about 4 hours in the office again today. 

Well done you on your students πŸ‘πŸ‘ Chemical physics? OMG! That sounds very complicated.

Bed time now I think, it's suddenly started to hit me. Does everyone else suffer the same way?

Good night πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ·πŸ˜‰

πŸ’œFiona x

Yay for all of the Christmas trees going up. I love Christmas! πŸŽ„

Fingers crossed for your blood count tomorrow, Fiona! I hope the 🍷 does the trick!πŸ€žπŸ’‰ I’m not a big drinker (only have a few drinks a year), but I have had champagne on two separate occasions in the past three days! πŸ™ˆπŸΎ For good reason, though, as two of my PhD students passed their viva exams this week - no mean feat (especially in our field of research, chemical physics) and definitely worthy of some celebratory bubbles! Very proud moment for me, as they are the first two PhD students to graduate from my research group! πŸŽ“ πŸ€— It was lovely to have something meaningful to celebrate, although I am totally wiped out now! Fingers crossed my little perosn lets me sleep tonight. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜΄

Aneeebel, I don’t even know what to say. You have been so brave and strong in dealing with all of the rubbish that has accompanied each of your chemo cycles. πŸ’• It sounds like your body needs a little rest so, while it is probably frustrating to have the goalposts suddenly shift, it may be for the best. Compared with chemo, you will find the surgery a walk in the park! πŸ’ͺ I was surprised with how ok I was with my post-mastectomy body. (I had surgery before chemo.) I know that it is a very personal thing, and everyone is different, but it might not be as bad as you think. There are so many different and amazing reconstruction options, I was really pleasantly surprised! So, if you can, go to the appointment with an open mind and try not to worry too much (easier said than done, I know πŸ™ˆ). We’re all thinking of you and sending good vibes your way! πŸ₯°

Love to all xox πŸ’πŸ‘Šβ›„οΈ

Aneeebel, I'm so sorry to hear your news.  How awful that C4 is delayed but absolutely right that you shouldn't be subjected to chemo if you're not fit enough. And no way are you a wimp, crikey you've been through so much already, you're more than allowed to feel attached to your boob πŸ˜‰

I've got my oncologist appointment tomorrow, fingers crossed I won't be borderline again and I'll be able to do chemo on Friday. In preparation, me and hubby are enjoying a bottle of wine 🍷🍷 Well, I won't be able to drink red wine for at least a week after chemo, thanks to heartburn. 

Christmas tree is up at last πŸŽ„πŸŽ„ woohoo! Although I don't know why I've put it up as we're going to my parents for Christmas,Marion to C4 on 28th (hopefully) which should be the first T.  In the meantime, I'm just counting the days, 40 done, 86 to go (all being well). πŸ—“

Take care lovely ladies πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺπŸ’πŸ’

πŸ’œ Fiona xxx

[ Edited ]

Hi Ladies....

Badboob... You poor thing! I do hope your bottom starts to improve soon! πŸ’—
I'm virtually t-total too... I don't drink larger all the time... I haven't been well enough! (I'd hate you to think I had a problem!!! 🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺)

Elliesmum, Thankyou for wishing me well! How are you doing?πŸ’—

I've been to see my oncologist today... I was due to have C4 on Friday but she said my bloods were shot at last week and as I'm still not 100% fit enough she's delaying my chemo for a week.... I did say to her that I was quite relieved as I don't think my body can cope at the moment!
She said that if I was okay after C4 then I would have C5 but my Breast Care nurse rang me saying my oncologist had emailed her to say I wasn't coping (or my body isn't!!) with chemo and perhaps surgery earlier than planned would be a better option and have the rest of my chemo afterwards!!
So I now have an appointment 'for a chat' with my surgeon on Tuesday!!! πŸ’”

Have a lovely evening everyone xx πŸŽ€πŸŒ»πŸŒΈ

Goodness me, Badboob, what an epic saga!πŸ™„ I hope you’ve recovered from the experience and that your back passage issues have calmed down a little. Big hugs! πŸ’πŸ’•πŸ’ͺ