cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

October 2018 Chemo starters

Re: October 2018 Chemo starters

Oh no, pinklily, I’m sorry to hear you had such a rough night! I’m glad they got some IV antihistamines into you and I hope you start to feel better soon. 🤞💐

I hope those of you who had chemo recently are feeling alright. Fingers crossed you’ve all managed to get some sleep. My angel of a mother in law took our little girl last night so I got a proper sleep in this morning! 👼👍

Lou45, I shaved my hair off early on. It has started coming out now and I’m so pleased it’s already very short as it’s not been too distressing for me. Hopefully it starts to feel better for you soon.

Love to all! 😘💕xox

morning ladies,

pinklilly hope you are okay and feeling better today,

hope all the lovely ladies are doing okay and feeling fine,

i have a bit of a dilema my hair is coming out quite alot now i was wandering if anyone else losing hair is experiencing the same sensation as i am its like a prickly feeling and tender to touch it is also tender when i lie down, i am thinking about braving the shave just to get it over with ,

any suggestions or advice ?

thanks in advance ,

lou xx

Oh no pinklily... What a nightmare for you! And your OH! 💙
How are you feeling today? A lot better hopefully!

Thinking about you x 💗💪🏼

Had a nightmare night on Friday, hubby phoned the emergency number for chemo and they told him to phone 999 for an ambulance, I had terrible trouble swallowing, Friday night in hospital with drunks, druggies and people who had been in fights.
I felt so ill, the staff were lovely and tried to put me on a bed away from other people. The doctor came to a conclusion that I had some reaction to the sickness medication I'd taken, gave me a strong intrevenous of antihistamines and that seemed to help. Got home and into bed at 4.30 totally exhausted. Not a good start and so stressful for my OH.

Ladies hang on in there as Shi says the silk pillowcases are lovely for the head i found my head would get really hot at night with the flushes so the silk pillow case wasn't as sticky and stuffy my little tip is a couple of lavender drops on a hanky under pillow helps you relax and sleep better i found the wobbles i remember them Mai how right you are we are like weebles we are all standing upright and were where you lasses are last year and Mai's blog is fab 💪 stay strong and sending you some positive vibes xxx
Community Champion

Lou45, wobbles are normal but we are weebles and weebles wobble but they don't fall down!  I took my afternoon steroids no later than 3pm otherwise there was no chance of sleeping.   xx

Highlighted

Good afternoon lovely ladies,
Hope you all keeping warm on this cold day we have a bit of snow falling at the moment,
Hope you are all feeling okay,
I think ive got over my wobble from the other day,

aneeebel think it was the wig thing that did it for me too, but onwards and upwards, i too had steroids for 3 days but i still not sleeping well.

Fiona hope you feeling okay too,
I havent slept proply since i had my first round they said it was probly all the meds i am taking,

Have a good weekend ladies stay 💪, and warm ,
Lou 💕 x

Aneeebel, I don't have any steroids to take, it was just nerves keeping me awake.
Best of luck and have a nice weekend.
💜 Fiona xxx

Hi 💜Fiona... I feel relatively OK in my self... Just tired...flipping steroids kept me awake all night again! Luckily I only have to take them for 3 days! I'm also a bit unsteady on my feet but that happened last time too! Fingers crossed I carry on feeling this well!
I feel very fragile today for some reason! 😥💗💪🏼

So pleased you're feeling well! Onwards and Upwards! 💗 xx

💗💪🏼💗💪🏼💗💪🏼💗

Hi Aneeebel

I'm surprised at how well I feel to be honest. No sickness, just very slight nausea but I'm wearing my sea sickness bands and it seems to be helping, not had to resort to the anti-sickness pills yet.  I do have a headache which started on the C input yesterday. But it's better than it was yesterday and I've not resorted to painkillers, just drinking loads. The only thing is I have a flushed face, but temperature is fine. 

I didnt sleep very well because I was expecting to be ill! So I'm still tired but managing to do housework etc.

How are you after No 2? I do hope you're ok 💪💪

Take care all of you and keep fighting, you lovely ladies.

💜 Fiona xxx

Hi 💜Fiona... Glad yr treatment went okay for you! Hope you're feeling well... One down!! 💗💪🏼 xx

Hi Lou45... I suddenly feel very fragile too for some reason! I think it's the wig that's tipped me over the edge! 🙄 (As well as everything else!) Keep your chin up... We're all on our way up!!! xx 💗💪🏼

@ktk @shi @kip @Mai7... Thankyou for your advice... I'm holding onto the bungi chord with both hands!!!

Have a good w/end everyone xx

💗💪🏼💗💪🏼💗💪🏼💗 xx
Community Champion

Shi, you're bonkers! Heart  I'm just DJ'ing in for any late joiners who may have missed my blog earlier in the month http://lifeafterlola.blogspot.com  it's full of tips we collected along our chemo journey which you may find useful.  I'll leave you with a little late night luuuurve "Caravan of Love" by the Housemartins - that was our chemo song in the May 2017 starters. xxxx

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

👭👭👭😘😘😘hi girls, sending ❤️❤️❤️and see how 💪💪💪you are all hangling onto that bungi chord while you bounce through this 🤪🤪🤪🤪ride. Few more tip, silk pillowcase is gentle on head and will be kinder to hair when it starts returning. Also get your look good feel better sessions booked in with your local Macmillan centres ❤️❤️❤️ if you can’t get on for a while, go to a boots or Debenhams the beauticians on the counters are usually the ladies who do the Lgfb sessions and they will show you at their counter and help you, they will be kind and lovely ❤️❤️❤️ time on the chemo jukebox for tonight for you, we are family by sister sledge 💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻💕💕💕✨✨✨✨Shi xx
Kip

Wow ladies you are doing well, the hair/wig issue is a biggie at first but once its gone you do get used to it, go with whatever you feel is right, wigs arent for everyone, mine looked lovely but i still hated having to wear it.  Now its getting colder out there will be lovely snuggly hats to wear.  Somebody mentioned what to do about eyebrows and lashes?  I didnt lose mine until chemo 5 out of 6 but if you can book yourselves on to the Looking Good Feeling better course, its free and you get shown how to draw in eyebrows etc and you get lots of lovely freebies.. its a really good pamper for you and a few hours away from this nightmare!

Keep ticking off the days,, 

Kip

Xx

Pinklily ,
I would just like to thank you for your kind words they made me bit teary but i know what you mean i have said to people i am still the same person inside even when i have no hair,
must admit your words have picked me up and i will keep holding on to those hands 🤗,
Lou 💕x

The scarfs are very fashionable, I've seen a lot of people wearing them, I'm going to wear mine even when my hair grows back.
Kip

Ladies if you struggle with continued sickness please speak to chemo or help line there are other sickness pills to try, dont suffer in silence, also have you tried anti sickness travel bands?  

Kip

ktk

Lovely ladies, only go for a wig if you really want one. I decided not to bother and didn’t even go and look. In the summer I just went bald but now it is colder I have a plethora of colourful scarves to choose from. Love to all and good luck with your chemo. Kxx

Hold on in there Lou45, we are here for you and I know you don't feel like yourself anymore, but inside you are still the beautiful person you always have been. I know it's easy to say, but our looks are on the outside, people see us for what we are in our behavior and I know your confidence has been knocked back, but you're not alone and we all know what you are going through. You have to look in that mirror and say, I'm me and I can do this, because we all have our arms around you to give you support and you are you. When this is all over, you will look back and say 'I got through and out the other side and I'm still me. We are all holding hands, don't let go now.

Afternoon ladies,
Hope you all doing okay on this cold afternoon,
I havent been on here for a bit but if i honest i have been struggling this week i think its just hit me with what i am dealing with,
I too saw the wig lady yesterday and wasnt impressed i have short hair and everything she showed me was nothing like me, when i got home i was quite upset,

Fiona sorry forgot to wish you luck for today hope all went well and you feeling okay,
The same goes for any other ladies that have had treatment today,
I have my second one on tuesday feeling bit anxious if i honest although my first one went okay and i wasnt to bad i got a feeling i wont be so lucky this time, my hair has started to come out now too i just dont feel like myself anymore i started off real positive but i not so much now 😫,
Take care and stay 💪
Lou 💕