cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

October 2018 Chemo starters

Re: October 2018 Chemo starters

Hello lovely ladies,

Well i did it i braved the shave my son done it for me i thought i was going to be upset but to be honest i feel quite good apart fom a cold head๐Ÿ˜จ i think my son made it easier for me because we had a good laugh he left me with a mohawk at one point, i have a few little bristly bits but i guess that will come out on its own,

Kateday,
Welcome,
Glad your first session went well as for feeling sick i have found ginger biscuits help me infact i got some mcvities ginger man biscuits theres 6 little packs in a bag very nice, hope that helps,
Stay warm,

Hope all our other ladies are okay today,
Lou ๐Ÿ’• x

Hi all
I hope everyone is holding up well

Today was first chemo , not as bad as expected was so nervous before hand
Feeling slightly sick now
Any advice on that would help
I will also join November when it starts as I am quite far behind all you lovely ladies xx
ktk

Lou, make sure you take the injection out of the fridge 20mins before you need it. Pinch a good inch and holding the flesh go in at a 30degree angle. You do get used to it I promise. Kx

Fiona
Glad you feeling good i think i only had to rough days but again i think i made it worse by not drinking, i drinking like a fish today ready for tomorrow,
My son had said he will shave my head if i want him to i am thinking about it for today because my head realy irritable at the mo and everytime i go to gently rub or scratch it clumps of hair come out ๐Ÿ˜ฎ,
I was a bit nervous about the injections but i managed to do them myself i put an ice pack on my tummy first then did it ๐Ÿ˜–,
I will keep you posted if i brave the shave,

Enjoy your day ladies,
Lou ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’ช

Morning Lou

I feel surprisingly well and I'm shocked by that to say the least. I haven't really had any nasty side effects, just slight nausea and headache for a couple of days. I've not needed to take the anti-sickness pills, I just make sure I drink at least 4 pints of water a day. I drank that much while I was receiving the chemo, I think it may have helped.  I do seem to have a slight tingle in my fingers on my left hand today and my scalp feels a bit weird too, so maybe the FEC is working. I was beginning to think they'd given me fake stuff as I wasn't suffering much ๐Ÿ˜œ . I should start on the injections tomorrow, when the district nurse turns up, I don't want to do that bit!

I'm not looking forward to the hair loss bit, just like the rest of you. I hope it's quick. My hubby has agreed to shave it for me once it starts coming out. I don't think I could face going to my hairdresser ๐Ÿ˜ข It's going to be traumatic enough as it is.

It's a beautiful day outside, ladies, I hope you're all going to take advantage of it. I'm hoping to go for a walk later when hubby's home.

Stay ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ’ช and safe. Big hugs ๐Ÿค—

๐Ÿ’œ Fiona xxx

Sorry for the odd spelling mistake in last messege i blame my chemo brain ๐Ÿ˜„
Lou ๐Ÿ’•

Morning ladies,

Fiona hope you doing okay my lump was feeling a bit tender too i thought perhaps its the fec working i hope so anyway and as for tierdness exactly the same i was in bad for 9 but then awake again in an hour then on off all night ive tried to go bed later the last week but i still have restless nights the last 3 nights its been my head with the prickly sensation and got up with head ache my hair coming out thick and fast now and gone patchy, ๐Ÿค—

Elliesmum,
I know what you mean about feeling anxious ive git my second round tomorrow and i dreading it incase it knocks me about , ive been told to make sure i keep drinking plenty because i do struggle with getting the fluids in i not a big drinker, ๐Ÿค—

Have a good day , stay ๐Ÿ’ชstrong ladies and warm ,
Lou ๐Ÿ’• x

ElliesMum, be brave, you can do this. And we're all here to support you ๐Ÿ‘ญ You've done the first one and got through it, so well done to you. ๐Ÿ…Each cycle we go through is one step closer to the end and being well again.

I don't think my lump Humphrey is too pleased about his FEC treatment, he feels a bit tender today and I'm only on day 4 of cycle 1. I can only hope that FEC is doing its job ๐Ÿ˜‰

Today's the first day on my own, as hubby's gone to work, although he says he'll only do a half day. I don't want to waste the day so have got a list of jobs to work through (or not depending on how I feel ๐Ÿ˜œ). Does everyone else get tired quickly? I'm in bed by 9 every night, having already fallen asleep on the sofa ๐Ÿ˜€

Take care lovely ladies, stay safe and warm ๐Ÿค—

๐Ÿ’œ Fiona xxx

Sar_ah Iโ€™m sorry you got such an early wake up greeting (even if it was super cute)! Daylight savings is a bit rough with little ones. If it makes you feel any better, we were up at 5am this morning too! ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™€๏ธ (Sadly my in laws live 3 hours away, so a child-free night is like gold dust!)

I have my second cycle on Friday, and even though I feel well at the moment Iโ€™m starting to feel a tiny bit anxious about it. I guess I know whatโ€™s coming now, and I really donโ€™t want to feel so horribly unwell again! ๐Ÿ™ˆ I see the oncologist tomorrow for a review. I have felt well since about day 8, but really did feel absolutely terrible for the first 3-4 days. Is there anything I should be asking to change this time? I had Emend from the outset, but sadly it didnโ€™t seem to make much of a difference for me! ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Xox ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ’

Pinklily hope youโ€™re feeling a bit better today, sounds like youโ€™ve had an eventful time so far. Hoping youโ€™re able to get lots and rest and feel better soon.
Lou my hairs started to do the same, I can the cold cap but Iโ€™m starting to loss hair and the hair around my crown especially hurt (a bit like when itโ€™s tied up for too long)
Ellieโ€™s mum hope you had a lovely lay it (massively jealous!! 5am wake up here to โ€œwe wish you a merry Christmas ๐Ÿคฃ)
x

Hi aneeebel,
I have short hair anyway but i had it cut real short before i started my treatment thinking it might help but it hasnt made any diffrence now its very thin thats why i thinking about the shave , my brother said this afternoon he would have his shaved with me , very nice of him i know but its nothing for a man to have no hair isnt it ,

Hugs to everyone ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ’•
Lou x

My head is exactly the same Lou45...
I said to my friend before that I might have it cut shorter for now...but am I brave enough!!! ๐Ÿค” X

Hi ElliesMum... How lovely that you managed to have a lie in! ๐Ÿ˜ด๐Ÿ˜ด x

I've had a walk to my allotment with the intention of planting a couple of gooseberry bushes... I got there, ate a butty and came home again...the plants are still in the packet! I ran out of steam... But at least I went out for an hour in the fresh air!!

Hope you're all having a lovely day xx

๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ’—

Oh no, pinklily, Iโ€™m sorry to hear you had such a rough night! Iโ€™m glad they got some IV antihistamines into you and I hope you start to feel better soon. ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿ’

I hope those of you who had chemo recently are feeling alright. Fingers crossed youโ€™ve all managed to get some sleep. My angel of a mother in law took our little girl last night so I got a proper sleep in this morning! ๐Ÿ‘ผ๐Ÿ‘

Lou45, I shaved my hair off early on. It has started coming out now and Iโ€™m so pleased itโ€™s already very short as itโ€™s not been too distressing for me. Hopefully it starts to feel better for you soon.

Love to all! ๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ’•xox

morning ladies,

pinklilly hope you are okay and feeling better today,

hope all the lovely ladies are doing okay and feeling fine,

i have a bit of a dilema my hair is coming out quite alot now i was wandering if anyone else losing hair is experiencing the same sensation as i am its like a prickly feeling and tender to touch it is also tender when i lie down, i am thinking about braving the shave just to get it over with ,

any suggestions or advice ?

thanks in advance ,

lou xx

Oh no pinklily... What a nightmare for you! And your OH! ๐Ÿ’™
How are you feeling today? A lot better hopefully!

Thinking about you x ๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿผ

Had a nightmare night on Friday, hubby phoned the emergency number for chemo and they told him to phone 999 for an ambulance, I had terrible trouble swallowing, Friday night in hospital with drunks, druggies and people who had been in fights.
I felt so ill, the staff were lovely and tried to put me on a bed away from other people. The doctor came to a conclusion that I had some reaction to the sickness medication I'd taken, gave me a strong intrevenous of antihistamines and that seemed to help. Got home and into bed at 4.30 totally exhausted. Not a good start and so stressful for my OH.

Ladies hang on in there as Shi says the silk pillowcases are lovely for the head i found my head would get really hot at night with the flushes so the silk pillow case wasn't as sticky and stuffy my little tip is a couple of lavender drops on a hanky under pillow helps you relax and sleep better i found the wobbles i remember them Mai how right you are we are like weebles we are all standing upright and were where you lasses are last year and Mai's blog is fab ๐Ÿ’ช stay strong and sending you some positive vibes xxx
Community Champion

Lou45, wobbles are normal but we are weebles and weebles wobble but they don't fall down!  I took my afternoon steroids no later than 3pm otherwise there was no chance of sleeping.   xx

Good afternoon lovely ladies,
Hope you all keeping warm on this cold day we have a bit of snow falling at the moment,
Hope you are all feeling okay,
I think ive got over my wobble from the other day,

aneeebel think it was the wig thing that did it for me too, but onwards and upwards, i too had steroids for 3 days but i still not sleeping well.

Fiona hope you feeling okay too,
I havent slept proply since i had my first round they said it was probly all the meds i am taking,

Have a good weekend ladies stay ๐Ÿ’ช, and warm ,
Lou ๐Ÿ’• x
Highlighted

Aneeebel, I don't have any steroids to take, it was just nerves keeping me awake.
Best of luck and have a nice weekend.
๐Ÿ’œ Fiona xxx