cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

October 2017 Chemo Starters

Community Champion

Re: October 2017 Chemo Starters

Hiya lovely ladies

Just popped in to say hello.  Recovering well from my hysterectomy and had my staples out today so that is another milestone.  Having a very very lazy Sunday as it has exhausted me plus I didnt have a good night sleep last night.  Got to remember it is not even a week since I had surgery, patience Lady B patience.

Hope you are all having a lovely Sunday.

Helena xx

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

meesh 🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂chaffinch I’m not sitting next to you next time we all get together you might want to genital hug us 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣sooooo funny chaffinch 😁😁😁thanks for the 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣💕💕💕✨✨✨Shi xx

Chaffinch, 😂🤣😂🤣😂that was a hilarious blooper and yes very wrong on a few levels. Never been on amyliptriline (I know that's spelt wrong but I can't be bothered to look it up and correct it) I hope it works for you.

Buddyfan, good to hear from you. How're your curls doing now, are they raphelite yet? I also think I have slightly different intensity of SEs with different brands of tamoxifen. I seem to be on one that makes my legs ache at the moment, it's not too bad unless I go up a few flights of stairs 😱 The flushes are relentless nothing natural I've tried works (magnet, sage) so I'll just have to live with them as I'm not taking anymore meds.

Hope everyone is getting on ok, sending ❤️ and 🤗

I love horse racing Shi, my son has just got a job in the industry. He. Like his dad and grandad has great knowledge of it. We have a few good meetings in Cheltenham every year. I would probably avoid the main Gold Cup meeting and New Year’s Day though because they are crazy.
Having said that Aintree could work too because we have family up that way. Xx

I’ve just been diagnosed with painful bladder syndrome and am to take a low dose of amitryptaline for the nerve pain. Anyone else ever taken it? I’m a bit reluctant as I already rattle 🙄. GP thinks it’s been triggered by very low oestrogen levels following menopause then made worse by anastrazole taking them to rock bottom. I’ll just be happy to get some comfort back though 🙄

Hope all is well with you Helena and you are recovering well. A nice pair of lovely soft big pants and a gentle hug to you. .....that was a close one, my phone autocorrected gentle to genital 😱. That would have been inappropriate on so many levels 🤣. Seriously though wishing you a speedy recovery xx

Ali, I had a horrible couple of weeks of aches and pains before realising that the shape of the pack of letrozole was different to whatecer I was using before. switched back to another pack I had and within a day I felt better. Try different makes, for me, I now know not to have Cipla. Accord seems ok, but everyone is different.

Helena hope you are feeling OK after the op sending you my best wishes for a speedy recovery mate with a little recovery dance!!! 👍💃💃

Sending lots of love & best wishes Helena. Get well soon xx

Helena,

hope it all went ok today. Just to you know we're thinking of you 🤗

Hi all!!
Helena hope everything went ok today. Let us know when you can xx
What's you all been up to?
Cassie x
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Girls we are doing our version of river dance in our gold hot pants at the end of ladybowlers bed tomorrow 💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻😁😁😁😁runnerbean 😘😘 its like we’ve been in a hurricane and then spat out the other end isn’t it and now it’s strange to Prosecco it, but massive 🥂🥂🥂🥂🍾🍾🍾🍾to our Oct thread 👭👭👭💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻Thanks for all the ❤️❤️❤️🤣😂🤣😂🤣🤪🤪🤪💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺🕺and most important our beautiful friendships ❤️❤️❤️Blooming love you all amazing 💪💪💪💪😁😁😁ladies 💕💕💕✨✨✨Shi xx

Sorry Helena it’s Tuesday not Thursday, I still blame chemo brain 🤣

Good luck for Thursday Helena hope it all goes to plan. Not been on here for a while busy trying to get back to “normal” life. I’m feeling OK at the minute physically but still struggling with getting my head around what we have been through over the last year. Hope your all doing OK, can’t believe it’s been a year since we first came on this thread. Love to all 💕💕

Good luck for Tuesday Helena. Sorry i didnt know you were having problems and surgery. Yes its a continual rollercoaster ride!

You get your op out of tbe way then lots of rest and recuperation! Not had any kind of work assessment but work isnt makjng my shoulder worse.

You will be in my prayers on Tuesday and sending you lots of love xxc
Community Champion

Meesh

Thank you darling xx

Hi Helena,

Good luck for the op on Tuesday, hope it all goes ok. 

Community Champion

Ali

You moan away mate.

Know what you mean, because of what we have been through they are always ultra careful with us but that only causes us to go into panic mode and think the worst xxx

I am ok. I am going into hospital on Tuesday again for a hysterectomy, the last time was cancelled because I had a chest infection, so fingers crossed for Tuesday.  I am having similar fears, what if it is something more than the tamoxifen has made the lining of my womb thicker etc., but I just have to get myself back in check which is not always easy xxx

Have you had DSE assessment done on your working environment to make sure that it is nothing there that is causingexascerbating the discomfort in your shoulder.

Let me know how you get on, I am going to be in hospital for 2/3 days but will keep in touch with the forum whilst in there

xxx

Hi Helena, lovely to hear from you. I have been great and went back to work full time in Sept. 5 weeks in though I am shattered and struggling with very sore shoulders - my right shoulder - surgery side - being the worst. I cant fasten my bra etc. I rang my BCN this week to ask for physio but instead she sent me for a bone scan! This has freaked me out a bit and now the usual low lying panic while waiting for results!

I am absolutely choked with cold, had my 14th Herceptin on Wednesday, still taking letrozole every day and have just had a bit of a low week!

Moan over!!!

How are you Helena? Is everything still going well?
Xxx
Community Champion

Ali

Have are you doing xxx

Shi, I'll try not to stick my legs out of the window next time, unless it's really hot again 🤣🤣🤣 We could go to Liverpool 😊

Sending everyone ❤️ ❤️ and 🤗 🤗🤗 for your chemoversaries over the next few weeks. Anyone watching strictly? 🕺🏻💃🕺🏻💃🕺🏻👯‍♂️👯👯‍♂️👯🕺🏻💃🕴🏻

That would be lovely Shi or just come to liverpool and have a ball!! Xx
Community Champion

Chaffinch

Oh the image that comes to mind, and especially for you here are the strictly pair  in celebration Smiley Happy Smiley Happy And you think you are the loon!!

Good to hear that apart from the uti, which I am sure will sort itself out in time, you are feeling so good and positive, that is a big help.

Sending you hugs

Helena xxxx

Spangly pants.jpg

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi chaffinch, I’ve got visions of you swinging ladybowlers pants above your head while dancing to dancing queen on the bar at that posh hotel we all lunches at 🤣😂🤣😂 I hear as we start ticking off clear years it does get easier to digest the whole journey. But from something that should have been 💩 we have found the most amazing friendships and genuine ❤️❤️❤️And 🤣😂🤣😂🤣as you can see the lasting se for me it still totally 🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪Ali my beautiful mate, great to hear you are doing well, me and Karana discussed a days gee gee racing next year, if we could get over near you would you be interested? Sue our mum of the thread what do you recon? Another Oct girls overnighter beckons 😁😁😁meesh keep your legs in the window tho 🤪🤪🤪💕💕💕✨✨✨✨Shi xx

Hello all you lovely October ladies. The new 2018 October thread is top of the list and we’re now languishing on page 5. We have come so far!
My chemoversary is tomorrow. I’m struggling a bit psychologically to be honest now. In part I think that it’s Herceptin related, I’ve had 11/18, have had a low level chronic uti since May and I’m pretty exhausted a lot of the time. That’s the negative stuff done! I don’t do negative as a rule but I had a tough day yesterday but today I’ve brushed myself down donned the lovely Lady Bowlers big pants, topped them off with our fetching gold hot pants and I’m smiling again. Everyone else is steering clear of the loon that is me but hey 🤣
Thank you much everyone for the love, laughter and support over the past year. Long may we all be there for each other ❤️.
Good to living a relatively normal life, I feel pretty good most days despite my moaning, my hair is growing like a weed. Stronger and thicker than before. Ash blonde now but loving the style. No more aging bob for me, I love my cool new do. I’ve actually come through this feeling more comfortable in my own skin 😊.
Hope everyone is doing ok. Get out there and live, learn your own limits and treat yourself well. It’s ok to be selfish and self indulgent from time to time. We’re worth it 😜. Love to all 💕 xx

Hello ladies - its October again! Seems like yesterday we all came on here - but Thank God its not!

I hope you are all doing well and have a decemt covering of hair! I had mine coloured for the 2nd time at the weekend and the colour is even better. I am loving my blonde crop!

I have my 14th Herceptin tomorrow then only 4 more to go! I went back to work full time in september and finally had to take a day off today as i am cream crackered! I will have tomorrow off then go back in Thursday.

I am struggling with my shoulders being stiff and painful - i am blaming the Letrozole. Anyone suffering on Letrozole? On the whole though I am good!

Buddyfan, your holidays sound great and you are a real adventurer! Shi, SueW, Jencat, meesh, karana, jellytot, fairydust, mishy, chaffinch, Cassie and amyone else i have forgotten - i hope you are all doing well and moving forward
Love to all xx
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi pat 👋👋 please tell your unit about your nausea they will get your meds right to keep this under control, don’t suffer in silence. Some of our girls on here from october17 used travel bands too to help with the nausea. All I will say is please keep safe while on chemo, germs are a no no during chemo, keep a check on your temperature and if your wee burns but no temperature phone you’re rapid response number. Keep 💪💪💪and keep 😁😁😁😁you will get through this, we all did and you will too, maybe worth you jumping in October 2018 Chemo starters or the September 2018 Chemo starters threads too, all the beautiful people in these threads ❤️❤️❤️👭👭👭👭😘😘😘take care of each other and get each other through, you will never be alone darling, you can do this, focus and look at that bell in your unit and tell it you’ll be ringing it soon, it gives you something to aim for 😘😘😘💕💕💕✨✨✨Shi xx

Hi I have just had my second treatment on Friday last week today I feel really awful can't stay awake hard to keep my food down also I get really cold I didn't feel this bad with my first i am on the roscoe trial is this normal we are hoping to go to Cornwall next week husband thinking about cancelling it any suggestions would be welcome x

Happy Autumn October ladies enjoy this one how far you have all come, and me an old pro now!! No not that kind 😂😂😂 id rather have a slap up meal these days 😂😂
Embrace the friendship you have made on here its lovely that you all met each other abd of course i will always be your virtual Geordie pal!!!!
Meesh health anxiety unfortunately is the freind we didn't want its learning to deal with her visits during the night sometimes isn't it but it gets a little easier honest
This time last year i was super excited my daughter was in labour and was about to be a Granma and after months of bc stuff started finding lump 1st April 2017 haha some April fool that was so for for me it was just what i needed to get me through the last few months of treatments wow girls give yourselves a big old pat on the back l know you all bloody well deserve it its platinum hot pants you need now for getting through this last year 👍💪👭 shi thanks for convincing me that shopping was the way to go and Meesh for the curly hair tips Haha Karana hiya babe hope you are keeping your oh in check
Thefe is so many if you i will end up on here all day but sending you all my 👭 x

Jellytot, enjoy Egypt!

It's a year today since my first post on this forum! I can't believe we've known each other a year now. It'll be my chemoversary on Wednesday and I'm not sure how I feel about it. I'm a bit worried that maybe I've not dealt with my BC and that I've sealed it in a 📦 and put it somewhere in the recesses of my head or have I dealt with it and because of the wonderful support and friendship of you ladies I've got through the other side relatively unscathed emotionally? Well apart from the health anxiety that just seems to be part of who we now are. I'm just glad to be where I am today! What I do know is that whatever life throws at me I have you ladies to help me get through it and that is a great comfort. So we all need to pull our gold hot pants up high over the next few weeks and we'll come out the other side of this anniversary just the same as the rest of them 👭👭💪💪

Just think this time last year none of us had even contemplated chemo 🚂 or 👨🏻‍✈️Or the awful things we might do to him to keep us safe or the 💃🕺🏻💃🕺🏻💃and laughs we had or even bum buttering for that matter 😂🤣😂
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Jellytot 😘😘😘have an amazing time in Egypt 👍👍👍just want to say again, thanks ladies for a year of ❤️❤️❤️👭👭👭💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻🤪🤪🤪🤪and here’s to the next year of our beautiful friendships💕💕💕✨✨✨Shi xx

Hello lovely ladies! Just wanted to post a happy first anniversary to us for tomorrow! Doing it early as currently in Egypt and will be scuba diving tomorrow for the first time! We're having an amazing time ticking things off my bucket list. Hope everyone is doing well lots of love my sisters xxx
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻😘😘😘😘bit of Gloria gaynor on the jukebox ladies 💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻We 👭👭👭👭👭👭👭🤣😂🤣😂🤣🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️Hung onto those gold hot pants didn’t we ❤️❤️❤️❤️💕💕💕✨✨✨✨Shi xx

Not checked in for a while it’s been a tough year but we are all still here laughing dancing and celebrating our friendship xx love you all

Hello ladies! Haven't been on for a while as OH has had me locked in a cage on The seafront 😂🤣😂 No,  I've been on holiday in Ireland. It was absolutely lovely.

Buddyfan your holiday sounds amazing and sounds like you really made the most of it. As for the hair, unfortunately curly hair can grow outwards for sometime. You have to go through the clown phase first then all of a sudden it will start to drop. My OH said I look like a sheep 🐑 the other day and my haircut is not due for another 2 weeks 😕 Mine is still shorter on top then pre-chemo but I don't think anyone but me would know that.

Paulus, not sure if you're still reading our thread, but I'm glad I made you laugh. As Sue said us Oct ladies laughed and danced 🕺🏻💃🕺🏻💃our way through chemo, it's the only way.

I can't believe it's a year since we all met on this forum. You are all such marvellous crazy ladies, especially you Shi 😘 the journey would not have been the same without you. And Mishy you're right Karana's hair is amazing, she's bleached it and it looks fab.

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Mishy, you had a massive part in our journey, thank you will never cover how much all your kindness and caring did for us ❤️❤️❤️You were always giving us advice and tips and it was very much appreciated 😘😘😘and we love you because you are 🤪🤪🤪🤪like all of us 😁😁😁😁and didn’t mind our talks about 💩 bum buttering, blue titties oh sorry that was you 😁😁😁I hope your granddaughter has a fantastic 1st birthday 🎂 we’ll be celebrating her 10th before we know it, time goes so fast. Love you and hope your area didn’t get too much of that wind. 💕💕✨✨✨Shi xx

Wasn't meant to post as wasn't finished, its just nice being able to have a catch up with everyone and see how well everyone is doing
👍

Has it been that long already eeh Shi doesn't time go very fast its strange to think that i waa giving advice on how to cope with chemo and handing out tips re hair and stuff
I was told rhe other day i would make a good counsellor 😂 im not sure how that would go id probably end up crying with the client
I enjoyed being able to help it is a good distraction and still enjoy popping on and seeing how everyone is im not a saddo honest!!!!!
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi chaffinch, great to hear from you ❤️❤️❤️ Hope the uti has cleared up darling, it’s easy to over do it and take on too much. Yes we’ve all got hair doing it’s own thing at the minute, but it’s lovely to have hair isn’t it, this time last year we were wig buying or starting to look in preparation, big ❤️❤️❤️To everyone and that’s Mrs rims and Ali49, cherryb, mishy18, tatyana, all the may17 girls and our beautiful ladybowler who all looked after us with so much advice and love, thank you again. Bit of Shania Twain, man I feel like a woman on the jukebox 💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻🤪🤪🤪🤪💕💕💕✨✨✨✨Shi xx

Morning ladies. Haven’t been here for a while. Sounds like your cruise was amazing buddy well done for shinning up that mast 💪.
Hope work is going well for those of you who have gone back. I’m so glad I normally only work two days a week. I’ve just finished a stint of just over a week full time covering for my colleague and I’m wrecked. I was ill for the first few days and postponed my Herceptin until yesterday and my uti has flared up so on antibiotics again for a week.
My hair is a shaggy mess at the moment not sure what to do with it. Need to make an appointment.
Have any of you listened to the podcasts You me and the big C? I’ve been listening to them since Rachel Bland died. They remind me of us ladies loads of talk of 💩 and laughter and sparkles, sadness too but loads of good advice too.
Love to all xx
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Buddyfan, wow, you have been showing us all how to pack adventure into our lives, so glad you’ve had amazing holiday and 💪💪💪you for getting up the mast, you are one determined lady and how super to explore round Rome 😘😘😘 you made me 🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣 with the cross between footballers mullet and old dears perm 🤣😂🤣😂 that’s exactly what it’s like and we’ve just got to style it out till it’s long enough to get the straighteners on, but think we are all just happy to have hair again. Sue, please send me photo of your pink Barnet, I bet it looks super 😘😘 you know sue, we could try for a weekend city break next year, we could all go to New York or Vegas or have a city break to palma? What do you think? Mention it on what’s ap group ❤️❤️❤️ Let’s go 🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪💕💕💕✨✨✨✨✨Shi xx

That should have said stroppy teenagers 🤣

My hair is still very short but have been dying it pink
It’s not bright pink because it’s dark underneath and I am using a veg based dye but i am pleased with it x
Buddyfan your trip sounds great 👍

I have just asked my daughter to see if she can get a few days off work October half term so we can go to Torremolinos hubby can’t get any time off and son don’t want to come and my friend I usually go with has just started a new job so can’t get time off

I work in secondary school with atrophy teenagers 🤣🤣 though to be fair most of them are ok xx
Love and hugs to everyone xx

Buddy great to hear from you your cruise sounds like it was fantastic what an experience for you too it all sounded absolutely amazing
Im pleased to hear that you are already planning your next trip that sounds amazing too, me im playing it safe atm having a few days away in Scotland go Friday back Monday can't do anything adventurous drs orders hoping that neck thing gets resolved soon as a really feel like i want to do something totally different but im being a good girl and following my orders to the t feel really lazy actually because my oh is having to di all the housework gardening chopping and food prep the lot basically!!!! Bet he can't wait till I have the op and im healed up
Re the hair... Buddy for some strange reason the top of my hair isn't in sync with bottom so its taking a while to get to a proper style if nit wanting short, short hair i got rid of my mullet and had it graduated in at back sides are short Bob but the top is still too short to call it one for my liking so i tuck sides behind my ears still curly/wavy but i feel more like Doris from the bingo rather than beach waves chic!!!! I know i sound really ungrateful as this time last year i was bald as a coot seems like most of us got the nana hair i bet Karanas is looking fab and Meesh as she was already a curly wurly Shi Sue jencat Cassie hiws all your hair coming on sorry hope i didn't miss any of you out bye for now 🤗

Hi all. Jencat, I hope all went ok. Getting back into a routine might help the healing process but don’t overdo it, enjoy the kids. I hope they’re young ones, I can’t imagine teaching stroppy teenagers does anyone any good.

We’ve just returned from our cruise on a 5 masted sailing ship. We had to cancel the original one when bc and chemo crashed my world. It was wonderful. I wanted to climb the mast but OH pointed out that I wouldn't be able to release the safety cable each step coming down. However, next day another guest, a retired fireman came over and said he was sure we could sort something out. He was about a foot taller than me went up and down the ladder just behind me. He was able to release the safety and move my paralysed arm down each time. Brilliant, made more poignant when everyone clapped. Most of them probably didn’t know he was only 58 with terminal prostate cancer and bone mets. What a 💩💩💩 world sometimes. He was so upbeat though and we compared bone mets notes.

As we ended the cruise near Rome I tacked on three days there. I spent days before the trip, planning tours to get the best out of the three days, without killing myself. Boy was I pleased we had a central hotel. We were able to crash there in the afternoon after morning tours. It didn’t help that OH had full on man flu. He did a sterling job though, managing 3.5 hours in the heat and walking around the Colosseum, and then 4+hours at the Vatican etc. He then slumped and I went out on my own later in the day. I have to say, I was proud how much walking I managed. I’m not a natural walker normally, before all this and I certainly had walked more than a couple of hours since. So it was a great achievement all round.

Now, hair!!! I think you lot are in front of me on the chemo curl stakes as you had FEC at the start of chemo. Will this thick mass of curls I’ve got start to fall down beautifully around my head like some pre Raphaelite model or is it just going to continue to grow outwards 🤣😂🤣😂 I'm really not liking the cross between a footballer’s mullet and old dear’s perm.

Next mini trip is a day sail on the Disabled friendly Jubillee Trust's tall ship. We're certainly spending the inheritance for my 60th birthday year. Let's hope everything stays stable enough to enjoy many more.
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi jencat ❤️❤️Hope you are getting in on this week at work, pace yourself, it’s easy to do too much too soon 😘😘buddyfan, thinking of you and hope you’ve got another holiday planned ❤️❤️💕💕✨✨Shi xx

Just wanted to say thank you for your good wishes for last Friday when I went back to work. I was exhausted by playtime! I had a good morning though, but found it tiring. It's bound to be like that for a while though, I haven't worked since last October! x

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

🤪🤪🤪🤪how can you say that mishy 🤪🤪🤪I still remember the blue titty comment on the may17 thread way back when you had me 🤣😂🤣😂🤣you are a honorary 🤪🤪💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻Oct lady and we ❤️❤️❤️you. Hi sue 😘😘😘💕💕✨✨Shi xx

I am good mishy thank you x hope you are ok too x
Got oncology appointment coming up and my 1st mammogram and back at work
Getting back to normal (ish) x 🤣🤣

Hi Sue hows you hooe all is well, yes i love you oct ladies you are all marvellously bonkers which is a lot like me which is why i still pop in and have a bit of banter with you all xxx

Ha ha ha I do love you girls and so proud to call you all my friends

Paulus I can honestly say we laughed our way through chemo and totally looked after each other
Of course read our thread you may think we are bonkers but that’s ok because we are and if you have any questions feel free to ask x