61172members
322551posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

October 2017 Chemo Starters

Re: October 2017 Chemo Starters

Morning Ali, hope work went well yesterday and glad you're able to ease back gently. Have you been teaching a class or assisting another teacher? I expect it seemed strange to be back? I've sent you a pm x

Sue, hope today goes well for you. Good that you're able to able to go in later and leave earlier x

I'm meeting with my Head this pm to talk about next year, feel quite nervous about it! Think she wants a Thursday to be one of the days I work, but I'm on the list for counselling which will be on that day. I hadn't thought it would be a problem as prior to bc I'd asked not to work on a Thursday. It would also be good to have a day free inbetween my workdays to begin with as I've still got numbness in my toes and it gets uncomfy standing for too long at a time. Hopefully that won't be a problem, although I think I'm covered under the Disability Act? x

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Ali❤️❤️Hope work went ok my beautiful 😘😘 don’t do too much too soon, take it steady, you too sue 👭👭👍👍👍💪💪💪for tomorrow 😘😘jencat, glad you’ve found the course useful ❤️❤️And had lovely time with your daughters 💕💕❤️💕❤️💕we’ll all have 😢😢times over all sorts of things which catch us unawares, it’s all part of the journey. Meesh and Karana hope your enjoying your holidays 🌞🌞hope everyone doing well 💕💕✨✨shi xx

Good morning all. Good to see that everyone is getting on and doing ok. Buddyfan i hope your little break went well and that you get to do all the things you want to do on your hols! You are so adventurous xxx

I have just returned from a lovely break in Bilbao for my best friends wedding. What a beautiful city Bilbao is.

Anyway, I GO BACK TO WORK TODAY!!! Just doing 2 days this week, 2 days next week and 1 day the week after then its summer hols! Cheeky hey!

Good luck on Thursday Sue xx

Meesh, well done for getting through that first mammo xxx

Lots of love to all xxx

I went the prom on Friday and saw about 15 staff who were lovely so I now feel much better about Thursday I am going in at 9.30 and they said I can leave when I want x
Good luck for your meeting with head and your appointmentbon Friday

So glad you loved Oxford

Looking forward to meeting you ladies not long now xx

Sue, I had a lovely time staying in Oxford with ED and YD. Seemed to have a bit of a pub theme to it, we went to four in two days! They were lovely, all by the river and one had been shown in Morse, which I used to love watching!

ED had a great 30th birthday (we've decided she won't be grown up until she's 35!) and I enjoyed celebrating it with her! Funny mix of people really-myself, ED and YD+ ex-husband and wife came up for the day and his wife's daughter and two little girls! It's nice that ex and I get on well enough to be able to do that!

I didn't want to come home, felt as if I was about five as I had a little cry in the car! Apart from leaving ED (it was so nice to have both my girls together) coming back means reality-a meeting with my Head on Thurs about work and an appointment with the Radiologist Onc on Fri.

How are you feeling about returning to work on Thurs? xx

I feel as if I haven't got much stamina yet Shi, but I suppose it's not that long since I finished rads really. I've still got numbness in my toes and fingers, which makes walking or standing for too long uncomfy. My onc sent me a message via her secretary telling me not to worry as it can take up to another 9mths to go! xx

Great news about the safe rescue of the Thai boys and their coach Smiley Happy What brave divers!

Hi Shi, yes I went on the course and found it really useful! Covered quite a few topics such as diet and exercise (we did some yoga!) and returning to work (!) and fear and anxiety. Talked about them generally, but mentioned 1:1/ group sessions if you need more support. One of the most interesting/moving parts of the day was a talk by a lady who had bc 8 years ago-made me feel teary and one lady did burst into tears-the organisers said this often happens!

There was a group of 10 of us and only 1 was a man and he left after the talk! It had been the practical things in the morning and the emotional stuff pm and people started to open up more. I wondered if that's why he left?! xx

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi reboot 👍 thanks for letting us know you are doing that and for being the 🤪🤪🤪one amongst us who’s doing it this year 👍are we all going to sign up for the one in London next year? Jencat, hope you are doing ok darling, have you done that course? Buddyfan, hows your new snorkel? Hope you’ve had lovely holiday😘😘love to everyone 💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻😁😁😁💕💕✨✨✨shi xx

Good evening lovely forum ladies xxx

I don’t get chance to catch up on the forum I’m afraid, the WhatsApp group keeps me on my toes, so sorry for not being around.

Anyway, next weekend I’ll be doing the BCC Walk The Night that was suggested on here many months ago. In my crazy chemo haze, I signed up! If anyone would like to sponsor me, I can send you our JustGiving link 🙂

Thank yooooooooou xxx

I hope everyone is keeping well!
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi tattyed, enjoying this 🌞🌞🌞🌞, how are you my lovely? 💕💕✨✨Shi xx

Hi Shi its me tattyed how are you my lovely

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Meesh😘😘 well done getting first mammo done 💪💪💪meesh, did they give you 👍while you were there? Have a wonderful time in the lakes 🌞🌞🌞enjoy the rest and tranquillity ommmmmm😘jencat hope you had a fantastic day with your daughter 😘😘yes, 30 years feels like yesterday doesn’t it and the brilliant 80’s we all had 😂🤣😂🤣😂ra ra skits, sun-in by the bucket load, smartie necklaces and earrings and white stilettos 🤣😂🤣😂🤣Sue be Lou hope you are dancing your hot pants off tonight 💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻Beautiful and that all goes well. ❤️❤️❤️❤️ And 👭👭👭👭to everyone 💕💕✨✨✨shi xx

Sue, good to hear that sage is working for you. I seem to go in cycles with my hot flushes, so I have a few days of bad hot flushes and then a few days of hardly any. I might try keeping a record to see if there is a pattern. 

Had my first mammogram yesterday which was a bit painful 😖 but not as bad as I thought it would be. She didn't use full compression though and I got a bit 😳when she said she needed to check it with the consultant but she said it was to check the image was ok as she didn't use as much compression.

Shi, perhaps I could drop a peanut butter stack off on my way to the Lake District Monday 😂🤣😂

Much better now I am taking sage morning and afternoon keeps the sweats at bay a bit x

Jencat have a fabulous time in Oxford

Ladies I am so excited to meet you all xxx

Thank you Shi x Myself and YD and some of our family are going to Oxford today to celebrate ED's 30th birthday! I can't be old enough to have a child that old! Lol  YD and I are going to stay with her for a couple of days, so looking forward to it Smiley Happy How are you? xx

Buddyfan, it was nice to hear from you x Hope you're having a nice holiday xx

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi sue, hope those sage tablets are working for you darling, ☹️To hear you had a hose moment because of the tamoxifen and hope it settles😘😘jencat sending you❤️❤️Hope you are doing ok, buddy fan hope you had great time trying your new snorkel 🏊‍♀️🏊‍♀️Meesh, if I ring that place about the peanut butter stack, so you think they’d post one out next day delivery? 😋💕💕💕✨✨✨shi xx

Good evening all
Well yes we are certainly having amazing weather
And normally I wouldn’t moan but during the day I look like someone had turned a hose on me as I am dripping with sweat think it’s probably tamoxifen related in all honesty BUT sage seems to keep the flushes away when I take s tablet before bed tho mni will try taking one in the morning too to help during the day xxx
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi buddy fan ❤️❤️Great to hear from you. The needlework at Hampton court palace must have been fantastic, what a lovely day you must have had, ladybowler likes needlework too and is very good at it. You could try a bit of body boarding and see how you feel, worth giving it a go and if it’s too much then at least you tried😘😘 a boating holiday sounds wonderful, very relaxing you’d have a great time being lady captain 👍👍👍😁😁😁and enjoy having play with your new snorkel tomorrow 🏊‍♀️🏊‍♀️Please don’t be a stranger and just pop on to say hi our darling buddy fan, you are one of us gold hot pant wearing Oct girls 💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻And we ❤️ You. Hi meesh, glad to hear the henna colourings gone well 🙋‍♀️🙋‍♀️Great news😘😘 always a bonus when hair does what you’d like it to do 👍👍hope everyone’s enjoying this glorious weather 🌞🌞🌞🌞thanks again sue for brining the weather back with you from holiday darling 🌞🌞🌞💕💕✨✨✨shi xx

Hey Buddyfan! Good to hear from you 💃🕺🏻💃🕺🏻So pleased you're doing ok. Enjoy your snorkelling tomorrow. I coloured my hair today fir the first time since before chemo! It turned out ok, used a henna dye and it covered the grey really well. Just need to see how long it lasts. 😊

Hi Shi and all, I’m ok thanks. I must admit I haven’t been on the forum much. I find my best way of dealing with my 💩 deal is to try and forget it. I was staying with my best friend and she asked me outright, because she needed to know, what my status and prognosis is. I had already told her about the bone mets but maybe not in the terminology of it being secondaries. I told her but that night I woke up at 4:30 and couldn’t get back to sleep. That’s the first time I haven’t slept through for ages. Generally, I’ve restarted pilates, I can garden, and stand and walk for a bit but I won't be doing any triathlons 🤣😂. My back is debilitating but the meds I take for my arm pain help it. I worry about my back and how physically stable it is. For example I know I will want to body board when I go to Cornwall but will probably be worried I might damage it. We’ve been to friends and had a day out on their narrow boat to see if I can manage the locks. Some would be ok but others not but I could helm while OH did the locks, so maybe that type of holiday beckons, lovely in this weather. I also had a day’s tuition with the Royal School of Needlework at Hampton Court Palace. The tutor had made Harry’s page boys’ trousers so she knew her stuff.
So, thanks, I’m ok . Next scan and review in August. Tomorrow I’ll be in the river, testing my new snorkel and goggles.

Oh, and I've started CBDoil . if any are interested, join the closed fbgroup CBD consumers uk/eu. They are very helpful and a wealth of knowledge.
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Has anyone heard from Buddyfan? Getting a bit 😳we’ve not heard from you Buddyfan, ❤️❤️❤️💕💕✨✨✨Shi xx
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi jencat ❤️❤️You go back when you are ready beautiful, you do what’s comfortable for you in your own time ❤️❤️Glad you liked my car advise for the may18 lady, they are getting to mid point now and needed a bit of 🤪🤪🤪🤪Shi 💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻Got to help them keep dancing 💕💕💕✨✨✨Shi xx

It’s lovely to be missed x but go back when it’s right for you x

Shi, I like your car advice on the May thread! Smiley Happy x

Treatment radiologist phoned me today for a follow up appointment to see how I was getting and she seems happy with how I'm progressing. One thing I didn't expect as a SE is that my boob feels a bit heavy, like it did after my op, but she said that is normal.

Went into school today and one of the little girls came and gave me a hug cause she'd missed me, (aah!) but her head slightly knocked me-made me realise that I'm definitely not ready to go back yet! xx

Hello everyone!

Just saw this article about the myths surrounding diet and causes , you may be interested in reading?

https://www.theguardian.com/science/blog/2017/jan/24/cancer-treatment-myths-clean-eating-cannabis-ho...

I can identify with those having a wobbly moment or two... I think now we are mostly feeling better physically, our emotions come to the fore...

Am so jealous of you all meeting up but am lucky enough to be meeting some of you on 14th July and will have to be patient until October.

Hope you're all managing to keep cool,  love and hugs xxxx

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Weeeeeee 💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿Won yehhhhh ❤️❤️❤️❤️Also looks like we’ve all been doing a bit of shop shopperty shop shop too 😁😁😁😁Buddyfan beautiful lady sending you ❤️❤️❤️👭👭👭we are all sending you much love and hope your away on holiday which is why we’ve not heard from you? Jencat 😘😘😘to you too, hope your 🥓🥓🥓calming down well now you’ve finish doing rads 😘😘hope everyone has had lovely weekends 💕💕✨✨✨Shi xx

I also meant to say, like you Meesh, sometimes it still all seems a bit unreal! xx

Thank you for your lovely post Meesh x As you say, this forum and all you lovely Oct ladies have made everything so much easier to cope with. Only 6 weeks until we meet up! Smiley Happy

Meesh and Sue, I'm going on a day course at Guy's hospital on Friday-think it's similiar to Moving Forward-think quite a bit of it is about diet and exercise as one session is in the gym and we're doing some yoga! Don't think it will be too strenous though-hopefully not anyway! The treatment radiologist mentioned it to me when I finished radiotherapy, so I thought I'd go. Think I'll still try and go on a M F course as well if I can as this one is for all types of cancer and not specifically bc. We get a free lunch, so that's always an incentive for me to do things! Smiley Happy xx

I have signed up for the movingforward course run by breast cancer care I am doing it in November it’s the first time I can do the 4 consecutive weeks x

Sue/Jencat we had a session last week about mental health and they were talking about stress and anxiety and work/life balance and how work is used by some people to deal with other life issues and how events in life can affect us mentally. I got quite emotional as I felt they were talking directly about me, had to hold back some tears😢 To avoid our whole dept seeing me 😭 I still get moments where I think 💩did that all really happen! Normally I think other people find me strange as I always talk about the positives like having my hair cut short and meeting all you amazing 💪💪💪ladies! I don't think they understand that if you don't do that the world can become such a dark place. I'm so glad that I found this thread and had the courage to post on it as you all made those months of treatment so much easier to deal with so thank you all for your ❤️ help and support! I'd like to think that we more or less 😂🤣😂our way through our treatment. ❤️ you all, you special ladies 😘😘🤗🤗

Sorry Jill no picc line for me but did exercise during chemo but only yoga so don't think I can help!

Sam, I get moments of fear since my boob swelled up and I get a bit 😜😜😳😳 I keep wondering if I'll ever wake up and not think about it. I think it's gradually getting easier if that's any help but like Shi I'm super vigilant and aware of my body.
Community Champion

Anyone on this thread exercised whilst having a PICC line - if so could you give some advice to this new member ?Cheers https://forum.breastcancercare.org.uk/t5/Chemotherapy/PICC-line-and-exercise/m-p/1222070

Hi Sue, just logged on and read your post and sending you a hug x

We've been to a family wedding today and I felt quite emotional-the wedding was over looking a lake and there were instrumentalists playing Clare de lune, it was beautiful and it made me think back to when I was having chemo and this wedding was one of the things I looked forward to and here I was, chemo and radiotherapy finished xx

A year ago today was when I was diagnosed so it’s my cancerversary
Had a mixed day been a little tearful but also extremely thankful for the lovely people I have met along the way x
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Sue 😘😘😘that sounds like a perfect idea it’ll be a more relaxed evening for you doing that and you’ll be able to go home when you are ready 😘😘hi Sam great to hear from you ❤️ I think we are all dealing with our 😳😳moments in different ways, some going on courses, some reflexology, having support and wisdom from the other beautiful people on these threads, it’s hard to put it into words but we all understand and it’s only an understanding because we’ve all been on the journey too and will always be on high alert for anything, it’s just our new norm for now, my gran who’s 50 years cancer free now has told me it does get easier, so keep being 💪💪💪💪and amazing and thriving 👍👍👍😘😘😘💕💕✨✨✨Shi xx

Hello lady’s not been on here for a while,

Finished active treatment 16th May and went back to work 17th May so been busy!
Hope your all well....

I was diagnosed 1st September 2017 with invasive ductal carcinoma Grade 3 Er and her2 positive 3cm tumour and spread to 1 node!

I’ve had 6 rounds of Docetaxel,carboplatin and Herceptin and pejerta! Then had Lumpectomy and full node clearance and 15 sessions of radiotherapy and 8 extra boosters finished 16th May....
Still having Herceptin till December

Not sure if this is normal but today all I’ve had is fear does it really get better as time goes on?

Thanks Sam

Mishy thank you such wise words
Spoke to headteacher PA yesterday she said go in whatever time I want and I can leave when I want
She said she will tell people I am coming back if I want her to or just let me slip back in if that’s what I want too
I have decided to go to leavers prom on 5tj July so I will see lots o staff then and get it out the way xx

Thanks Shi xx

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

For tn girls, have a look at billierule post on any triple negative survivors out there thread, some breaking news, worth reading 💕💕✨✨Shi xx
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Mishy ❤️❤️❤️Beautiful wise words for us all as always, we ❤️❤️❤️You. I pm’d you the other day birthday girl, did you get it ? 💕💕✨✨✨Shi xx

Sue its a very personal thing, confidence and emotional uncertainty plays a big part, there are ladies from my where now who finished a good while before me have literally just gone back, they were shocked when i said i was returning, it depends on your job and YOU yourself how well you have healed mind and body don't judge yourself and that goes for everyone if you aren't ready yet 💖👍

Jencat I finished on good Friday
Am I medically well enough to go back yes
Am I ready to go back .....NO lol xx
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Girls just a reminder this forum is open to the world, be aware when discussing meet up dates and venues keep it to pm’s ❤️❤️Well done Cassie and Ali 👍👍👍👍Sue glad you had brilliant 🏖🏖🏖💕💕✨✨✨Shi xx

20th rings a bell Sue cause I think I'd said I might not be able to make that date as it's start of half-term holiday here and my girls and I might go away to a friend's apartment in Cornwall.

How are you doing? Do you feel ready to go back to work on 12th?! When did you finish rads? I'm trying to work out whether I'll be fit enough to go back before the Summer hol! I keep trying to remind myself not to put pressure on myself and to just see how I am in a week or so! xx

Chaffinch made a note of it being the 20th October xx

Hi all can anyone remember what date we sort of agreed on for October? Xx

Well done Cassie and Ali you are both truly amazing! 

Buddyfan, haven't heard from you in a while, hope you're doing ok and you're just too busy getting all those craft projects finished 😊 I've still not finished my quilt 😕

OH was convinced England would win today 2-0 because the cat caught 2 🐭 🙄I don't know why he thought the cat would know! 😂🤣😂

Well done Ali for completing the Race For Life and for your lovely comments for us all Smiley Happy

Thank you too for my well done, I still can't really believe that I've finished!

How are you getting on? xx

Thank you Cassie Smiley Happy I still can't quite believe that I don't still have to go!

Well done in completing the Race For Life, I'm really impressed that you even took part and thank you again for taking us all with you!

How are you doing? xx

Mishy, I read it's your birthday today Smiley Happy Hope you have a very happy day xx