cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

October 2017 Chemo Starters

Community Champion

Re: October 2017 Chemo Starters

Anyone on this thread exercised whilst having a PICC line - if so could you give some advice to this new member ?Cheers https://forum.breastcancercare.org.uk/t5/Chemotherapy/PICC-line-and-exercise/m-p/1222070

Hi Sue, just logged on and read your post and sending you a hug x

We've been to a family wedding today and I felt quite emotional-the wedding was over looking a lake and there were instrumentalists playing Clare de lune, it was beautiful and it made me think back to when I was having chemo and this wedding was one of the things I looked forward to and here I was, chemo and radiotherapy finished xx

A year ago today was when I was diagnosed so it’s my cancerversary
Had a mixed day been a little tearful but also extremely thankful for the lovely people I have met along the way x
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Sue 😘😘😘that sounds like a perfect idea it’ll be a more relaxed evening for you doing that and you’ll be able to go home when you are ready 😘😘hi Sam great to hear from you ❤️ I think we are all dealing with our 😳😳moments in different ways, some going on courses, some reflexology, having support and wisdom from the other beautiful people on these threads, it’s hard to put it into words but we all understand and it’s only an understanding because we’ve all been on the journey too and will always be on high alert for anything, it’s just our new norm for now, my gran who’s 50 years cancer free now has told me it does get easier, so keep being 💪💪💪💪and amazing and thriving 👍👍👍😘😘😘💕💕✨✨✨Shi xx

Hello lady’s not been on here for a while,

Finished active treatment 16th May and went back to work 17th May so been busy!
Hope your all well....

I was diagnosed 1st September 2017 with invasive ductal carcinoma Grade 3 Er and her2 positive 3cm tumour and spread to 1 node!

I’ve had 6 rounds of Docetaxel,carboplatin and Herceptin and pejerta! Then had Lumpectomy and full node clearance and 15 sessions of radiotherapy and 8 extra boosters finished 16th May....
Still having Herceptin till December

Not sure if this is normal but today all I’ve had is fear does it really get better as time goes on?

Thanks Sam

Mishy thank you such wise words
Spoke to headteacher PA yesterday she said go in whatever time I want and I can leave when I want
She said she will tell people I am coming back if I want her to or just let me slip back in if that’s what I want too
I have decided to go to leavers prom on 5tj July so I will see lots o staff then and get it out the way xx

Thanks Shi xx

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

For tn girls, have a look at billierule post on any triple negative survivors out there thread, some breaking news, worth reading 💕💕✨✨Shi xx
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Mishy ❤️❤️❤️Beautiful wise words for us all as always, we ❤️❤️❤️You. I pm’d you the other day birthday girl, did you get it ? 💕💕✨✨✨Shi xx

Sue its a very personal thing, confidence and emotional uncertainty plays a big part, there are ladies from my where now who finished a good while before me have literally just gone back, they were shocked when i said i was returning, it depends on your job and YOU yourself how well you have healed mind and body don't judge yourself and that goes for everyone if you aren't ready yet 💖👍

Jencat I finished on good Friday
Am I medically well enough to go back yes
Am I ready to go back .....NO lol xx
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Girls just a reminder this forum is open to the world, be aware when discussing meet up dates and venues keep it to pm’s ❤️❤️Well done Cassie and Ali 👍👍👍👍Sue glad you had brilliant 🏖🏖🏖💕💕✨✨✨Shi xx

20th rings a bell Sue cause I think I'd said I might not be able to make that date as it's start of half-term holiday here and my girls and I might go away to a friend's apartment in Cornwall.

How are you doing? Do you feel ready to go back to work on 12th?! When did you finish rads? I'm trying to work out whether I'll be fit enough to go back before the Summer hol! I keep trying to remind myself not to put pressure on myself and to just see how I am in a week or so! xx

Chaffinch made a note of it being the 20th October xx

Hi all can anyone remember what date we sort of agreed on for October? Xx

Well done Cassie and Ali you are both truly amazing! 

Buddyfan, haven't heard from you in a while, hope you're doing ok and you're just too busy getting all those craft projects finished 😊 I've still not finished my quilt 😕

OH was convinced England would win today 2-0 because the cat caught 2 🐭 🙄I don't know why he thought the cat would know! 😂🤣😂

Well done Ali for completing the Race For Life and for your lovely comments for us all Smiley Happy

Thank you too for my well done, I still can't really believe that I've finished!

How are you getting on? xx

Thank you Cassie Smiley Happy I still can't quite believe that I don't still have to go!

Well done in completing the Race For Life, I'm really impressed that you even took part and thank you again for taking us all with you!

How are you doing? xx

Mishy, I read it's your birthday today Smiley Happy Hope you have a very happy day xx

Meesh, thank you for the post rads tips, they're very useful.

Glad to hear everything is ok with you xx

Community Champion

Ali

Well doen on completing your Race for Life yesterday, very proud of you xxx

Well done Jencat all finished now.
Buddyfan how are you getting on?
Thank you Shi. With that £20 it brings my grand total to £385!!
Well done Ali on the 5k. When all the 5k runners were finishing and we still had another lap of the park I wished I'd signed up for the 5k lol.
How's everyone?
Cass x
Community Champion

Well done Ali.

Wow Cassie, honoured to be included on your t-shirt along with the most courageous women I know. Well done for doing the run..you're amazing. 10k is no walk in the park. Congratulations! Rest now!!

Fairydust x

Cassie that is so lovely! I also did the 5k Race for Life today and dis it for everyone whp has helped me through and this includes every one of you wonderful ladies. I dont know how i would have got through it all without you all. THANK YOU xxx

Jencat so glad you have finished. Well done you for getting tbrough it all xxc
Community Champion

Cassie

Good luck for today you wonderful lady, we are all there with you on your back Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Blimey I hope it doesnt slow you down though

Helena xxx

Good luck Cassie 💖 thank you for including us all hoe lovely enjoy the day i did one a couple of years ago and it was fab 👭👭👭👭👭 what a great way to celebrate coming through this 👍
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Cassie 👍👍👍that’s brilliant so wonderful of you 😘😘😘i’ll Sponsor you £20, please put it in and i’ll Give it you at the meet up darling 👍👍👍thank you 💕💕💕✨✨✨✨Shi xx

Good luck for tomorrow Cassie x Your teashirt brought a tear to my eye, thank you adding all our names xx

Community Champion

Good luck !!!

Got my 10k race for life tomorrow and I'm taking you all with me!

20180616_181758[243].jpg

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

👍👍👍👍great news meesh 😘😘always better to just get things checked over and hope the twang of your hotpants didn’t sting too much when you pinged back on board 💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻Hi chaffinch, hi runnerbean, hope you are well lovelies 😘😘mishy, hope your swelling eases off darling, give it your famous 🖕, that’ll sort it, meesh get your 🔫onto 👨‍✈️He behaves. When your on him 💕💕💕✨✨✨✨Shi xx

Shi, thanks for covering me! 

Jencat, glad to hear you're enjoying some nice things with your YD as Shi said air it as much as possible and keep slapping the cream on and it'll be back to normal soon 😊Also keep on with the post op exercises to keep everything loose. I'm wondering if that's been my problem as I stopped exercising my arm. So I've started the post op exercises again and added in some arm windmills too for good measure.

Appointment went well, still no ultrasound but saw the consultant who really had a good prod, poke and feel which was quite painful 😣 and she said that she couldn't feel anything that shouldn't be there so that's a relief! I guess if both the onco and her have said that 

It felt strange not going to rads on Wed Shi, but YD and I went back there yesterday! Not as a patient! We'd signed up for some workshops thinking I wasn't finishing rads till next week, but we still decided to go. They were for patients and carers. (YD wasn't too keen on that title, but she has effectively been that in a lot of ways) It was really nice to do something positive together and a good way to finish! We went to an aromatherapy workshop in the morning and an energy boost workshop pm (which was also good for YD as she suffers with a sleep disorder and is also under Guy's for that) Although they were for people who'd got/had cancer, that wasn't focused on a great deal and I enjoyed having to concentrate on having to think again and not in my treatment bubble, if that makes sense?!

I bumped into one of my radiographers who was joking that I couldn't keep away! Smiley Happy

We've signed up for a couple more workshops in the future-I think they're run by Guy's and Macmillan and free! xx

Thank you for your kind message Chaffinch x It has been a long time, I still can't believe I'm at the finish line! xx

Sent you a pm Sue. I've just realised you're still in Bulgaria, glad you're having a lovely time!

I finished rads on Tuesday! An emotional day, couldn't believe how teary I felt (and still am a bit) xx

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

🏖🏖🏖🏖🍹🍹🍹🌞🌞🌞🌞💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻that’s lovely Sue ❤️❤️❤️jencat how are you getting on now the ground hog day of rads over 👍👍👍keep creaming area and airing, it’ll soon calm down. Meesh 👭👭👭❤️❤️❤️for appointment tomorrow, I’ve got the 🔫on 👨‍✈️and buddy fans waiting with her ⛓and Karanas got a 💣ready to put under his hat 😁😁😁love you 💕💕✨✨✨Shi xx

Sun is shining and spending time with my family just what the doctor ordered xx
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

❤️❤️❤️Sue hope you are having 🌞🌞🌞🌞beautiful time 😘😘💕💕✨✨Shi xx

Sorry not been on but in Bulgaria
Jencat have you finished now ? Xx
Hope everyone ok x
Love and hugs xx

Yes, I've been doing the post op stretches which I think have helped a bit. I'm also doing yoga again but only once a week, think I need to increase it but waiting to see what the consultant says on Friday.

So glad to hear that you made it through rads Jencat 🎉🎉🍾🔔🔔 you’ve had such a long ride xx
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi runnerbean, hope you are ok. Mishy, hope you get on ok at Physio, I think meesh has been doing a bit of yoga again, have you tried doing some of that? I think it’s helping a bit for meesh. 💕💕✨✨✨Shi xx

Jencat well done you got to the end of your active treatment 💕💕Meesh good luck for Friday. I was really worried about mine being sore and I even convinced myself I could feel a lump but apparently it’s damage to the scar tissue from radiotherapy which he said is really common xx

Shi 💖we are all strong ladies and this forum is fantastic long may it continue helping other who will unfortunately have to go through this journey 👭👭👭👭👭👭👭👭👭👭👭👭👭👭👭👭👭👭👭

Jencat 💪💪💪💪 so pleased for you, you made it no more active celebrate this moment its been a long time coming 💖💖💖💖
Meesh im glad you have an app mines very sore and swollen still, have an appointment with a physio as lymphodema clinic has a long waiting list
So they may be able to help in the meantime, i hope you too get some reasurrance from your doc and hope that you get sorted soon x
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻Whoop whoop jencats club Tropicana 👍👍👍👍well done lovely look how far you’ve come ❤️❤️❤️It’s natural to have a 😢it’s the relief of 👀 big how far you’ve come, now go out and buy yourself something special. I’ll bring the Kleenex for the meet up as i’ll Be joining you with the 😢😢😢we wouldn’t have made it without each other and I will love you all dearly always, thank you. Meesh, glad your appointments nearly here it’ll give you some peace of mind, don’t forget to threaten to go private if you don’t get the ultrasound you want, cry do what you need to do to get it my darling, I calmed down from 😳😳when I’d had one, it’ll help you too. 😘😘💕💕✨✨✨Shi xx

Jencat, you have as many little cries as you want. It's been a long ride, but now you're done ✅ 😊 You can now look forward to August 🕺🏻💃🕺🏻💃🎊🎉🎊🎉🍹🍹🍹

Thank you Meesh x Last rads done, but I can't believe how emotional I'm feeling! I had a little cry in the changing room and then again in the waiting room when my friend's little boy toddled over with a bunch of flowers for me (actually even the receptionist welled up then!) and then another little cry when I got home! I even felt emotional when they threw my little mat that I used for rads away, saying you won't need that again! I've become an emotional wreck! Smiley Happy

And pre-warning to you all, I'll probably have a cry when we all meet in August! Smiley Happy xx

Morning! Jencat hope last rads went ok 🔔 🔔 🔔 💃 🕺🏻💃🕺🏻💃🕺🏻👯‍♂️👯👯‍♂️👯🎊🎉🎊🎉🎈🎈🎉🎊wahoo, you're done! Get yourself over to club Tropicana we've a sun lounger and 🍹🍹waiting for you!

How's everyone else doing? I've got my appt with consultant on Friday about my swollen aching boob. Really hope everything is ok.