Re: October 2017 Chemo Starters

Hello ladies! Haven't been on for a while so just catching up. Mishy, Shi I wore heather shimmer and also blue mascara and eyeliner too and also spent far too much on secondhand 501s 😂

Jencat, glad to hear you've been back to work, take things easy and I hope it helps to make you feel more like yourself.

I discovered I had a swollen armpit on my non-surgery side a few weeks ago and finally had my appointment today. It turns out I'm growing a 3rd boob 😳😱😂 Apparently 2% of women have breast tissue in their armpit and one of them happens to be me! Had ultrasound and everything is ok they think it's probable the tamoxifen that's made it swell. OH said he was going to take me to the seafront and charge people to look at my 3 boobs 😂🤣😂The consultant look horrified.

Buddyfan, hope you're doing ok? I'm off to Ireland on holiday on Sunday, getting quite excited now 😊

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi jencat ❤️❤️How are you getting on now a few days in darling? It’s lovely getting back into a routine again isn’t it, but don’t over do it and you go at your own pace don’t let anyone rush you or pressure you to do too much too soon. Buddyfan, hope you’ve managed a bit more swimming in your beautiful little secret place, sad to see you didn’t enter your brilliant dragonfly photo to countryfile, please enter it next year it is a stunningly beautiful photo ❤️❤️Ali 💕💕💕to you hope you are ok. Mishy looks like you’ve been getting the best of the 🌞 this week pet 😁😁isn’t your granddaughter having her big 1st birthday soon, I can’t believe she’ll be 1 already, where’s that gone? Big ❤️❤️❤️To everyone 💕💕💕✨✨✨✨Shi xx

Thank you all for your kind wishes and for thinking about me x Yesterday pm went ok and I only cried once! (one of the voluntary helpers had come in and she was telling me that her mum and SIL had suffered with anxiety after they'd recovered from cancer and she understood why I'd be feeling it too. She also offered to come into school to help me sometimes, which was kind) Anyway, we didn't have the training after all as there'd been a mix up, but tbh I was quite pleased about that as it meant I could just chat and potter!

I'd picked up my Fit For Work note from the doctor's before I went into school and was glad I did as it made my back to work meeting easier as the note is for 6wks (and states it can be extended if needed) and stipulates what work I should be doing, ie only 1/4 or a 1/3 for the first 2weeks and then slowly extended, so I'm only working Fri morn this week and next and having another meeting after that to see how I'm coping.

I'm not sure if I can even remember how to take the register, so that might be half the morning gone doing that! Smiley Happy xx

Hi jencat how did it go today ? X
Didn’t want to text in case you needed an early night after what I am sure would have been an emotional day xxx
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Jencat 👍👍👍well done darling getting first day back done, it’s really strange the first day, but you’ve ticked this off now on the journey another hurdle done 👍👍👍it does get easier and your routine and brain do click back in, it takes a few weeks for things to click back into place, so don’t be to hard on yourself if your not back at 100 Miles an hour for the first few months😘😘mishy, I’ve gone full animal print mental and don’t care if it doesn’t suit my curly mullet, I’m owning it 🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪 I really wanted a pair of those white Fila trainers that are in too, but I looked a bit of a plank when I tried some on, so bit miffed, still want some though 🤪🤪🤪🤪💕💕💕💕✨✨✨✨Shi xx

Jencat hope your day went well today and you enjoyed being back xxx
Community Champion

Hope it is not too difficult for you today - Jencat.

Hi Jencat - I'm from May 2017 group - I just bouncing around on here and see your message - good luck for today! Once you've made the return it's surprising how quickly it all returns. I work in school too and it's amazing that once you're surrounded by the children once again life appears normal - it really does help with the healing process. Just don't overdo it though and ensure you get plenty of rest and relaxation at the end of the day. Thinking of you x

First day back at work today after being away for 11mths! (well not a whole day actually, just this pm for a meeting with my Head and some IT training) I've got mixed feelings-when I had to 'leave' in Oct because my onc said I couldn't be around the children, I couldn't imagine being absent for so long and couldn't wait to get back, now I'm not sure that I feel ready to return as I don't feel 100% fit physically and especially mentally, but I suppose this feeling is normal?! Part of me thinks perhaps i should have had a few more weeks off, but then maybe it might have been harder to return.

I dreamt I had a class of children last night and I lost them when they went to the toilet before lunch, think it must be anxiety manifesting itself in my sleep! xx

Well done Cassie Smiley Happy Very impressed you were able to climb a mountain! (and play a violin at the top!) I'm not surprised you felt a bit achy, I'm worn out just climbing a hill! xx

Mind don't know if ill carry off red lippy now, i have noticed there is a alot of 80's and 90's fashion in shops atm but not really sure about some if it when i think back the 90s was horrible fashion def some of my worst haircuts and clothes came from thr 90s!!!! There s alot of mustard which was never my colour and leopard print i bought a scarf last week as i don't think i can carry off full leopard print niw so save it for accessories!!!!

I did shi but i also liked my vintage ones with lots of rips it was a shop called flip usa its actually still there £25 for a pair of "vintage" 501s my mam went crazy for me buying old jeans for that much haga it was a lot in the 80s wasn't it 😂😂😂
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂mishy, is forgotten about heather shimmer, it was similar to Bon Bon that number17 did and what about number 17s blondie too everyone had that and miners make up, remember how bright and colourful miners was 😁😁😁 did you shrink your 501’s to fit in the bath mishy like they told you to? Luckily there was a shop that imported from USA near me where we could pick up 501’s second hand at good £ back in the 80’s ❤️❤️❤️and you made me 😁😁reminding us about the red lippy 🤣😂🤣😂🤣that’s back on trend for a/W 2018 👍👍👍and I cant believe your granddaughter is nearly 1, where’s this last year gone, it only seems 5 minutes since she was born. 💕💕💕✨✨✨Shi xx

Heather shimmer or pink shimmer rimmel also wore Constance Caroll and def the electric blue mascara had a rimmel blue shimmer eyeliner too haha tge late 80s thought i was very sophisticated with my red lipstick and worn out 501s actually paid good money for second hand 501s from a shop in Newcastle which cashed in on the trend worn with a waistcoat of course 😂😂😂😂 oh and the corkscrew perm 👍
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Mishy, glad you enjoyed mamma Mia, I’ve not been yet and think we are all being caught out with a bit of a 😢over the slightest thing, think it’s all part of the journey. Did you have the poncho pink loopy from number17 or were you a sweet sizzle or twighlight teaser gal Mishy? And did you finish off with electric blue mascara and liner too? I did back in the day and did you ever try them polly papilliton bendy pink rollers 🤣😂🤣🤣🤣😂they were something else 😂🤣😂🤣😂weren’t they 🤣🤣🤣😂🤣😂💕💕✨✨✨Shi xx

Well done what an achievement i hope you are proud of yourself lass thats great 👍
Isn't this weather lovely atm a proper Indian summer finally went to pics to see mamma mia wow it was fabulously cheesy but i loved it in fact i could definitely go and see it again wasn't expecting to end up blub in the pictures mind 😂😂😂 very embarrassing it doesn't take alot now im a hormonal menopausal mess
Shi im ashamed to admit it but i really did have the limahl haircut back in the day 😂😂worst thing is i thought it looked great x
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

👍👍👍👍💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻Very well done Cassie and well done for raising so much money 😁😁😁😁💕💕💕✨✨✨✨Shi xx

Well we made it up and down Ben Nevis yesterday! We got to play our violins at the top even though it was very wet and windy. I'm a bit achey this morning. 🎻🎶🎶🎶🎶

Good luck Cassie and I think it's amazing what you're doing! xx

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Hiya Cassie, I’ve text you darling ❤️❤️❤️Please let me know and 👍👍👍👍💪💪💪💪💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻For tomorrow 💕💕💕✨✨✨Shi xx