cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

October 2017 Chemo Starters

10,725 REPLIES 10,725

Re: October 2017 Chemo Starters

Jencat sorry to hear that you lost your dad, sending you my thoughts,  you have lots of lovely memories to hold onto xxxx

Jencat I'm so sorry!  Deep love leaves a deep hole but I hope that hole is filled with many happy and lovely memories! Xxx

Community Champion

Jencat

So sorry to hear about your dad passing and wanted to send you lots of love and hugs, thinking about you xxxx

Jencat so sorry to hear about your Dad. Sending lots of hugs your way xxx
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Jencat 😘😘sending you and all the family big ❤️❤️❤️ The love and memories are yours always and they will bring great comfort as the days pass jencat ❤️❤️Chaffinch, can’t believe it’s a year already since you lost you dad sending ❤️❤️😘😘to you too 💕💕✨✨Shi xx

Hi Jencat, so sorry to hear your sad news about your dad. Sending 💖 💗 and hugs. We are here for you 😘

Hi Jencat, so sorry to hear about your dad. You did him proud and he died surrounded by love. Hang onto the happy memories no one can take those away, take comfort in them now. It’s the anniversary of my dad’s death tomorrow so I feel for you all xx

Jencat, sending hugs. So sorry xxx

Thank you Shi, Ali and the Oct '17 girls for your kind words x Sadly my dad died on Sunday morning, we're heartbroken xx

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Jencat ❤️❤️❤️From rest of oct17 girls too 💕💕✨✨Shi xx

Jencat, so sorry to hear that your dad is so poorly.  Thinking of you all xxx

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi jencat ❤️❤️Don’t apologise for anything darling, you cherish every second you have with your dad. He will feel your touch and don’t stop speaking to him, he will still hear how much you love him and he will still hear when you speak about happy times and remembering things like holidays or Christmas or anything really you shared as a family. We are here for you jencat 👭👭always 😘😘💕💕✨✨Shi xx

Thank you Shi and all the lovely Oct '17 ladies, your kind thoughts are much appreciated. Sorry I'm only just acknowledging your post Shi, but I'm spending so much time with Dad and not getting home until late. We've managed to get Dad into a lovely care home, initially for respite care, but I think he'll probably stay there now. We're finding it hard that until recently Dad was very independent and in such a short space of time he is so poorly. He knows that we're with him and holds our hands, but sleeps alot now and we can't have a proper conversation with him anymore xx 

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Jencat, sending you ❤️❤️❤️We are thinking of you 😘😘we are always here 👭👭💕💕✨✨Shi xx

Thanks Ali, hope things are getting better with you too. I’ve been surprised by the strength of my elation and relief at the end of treatment. I got very drunk on Friday night which although I like my wine, I’m normally a bit more cautious than that but hey sometimes you just have to let your hair down. Love to all xx

Hi Karebear. I was her2+ but had fec then docetaxel with herceptin and pertuzemab.  Then mastectomy and continued herceptin til December.  Our plans are all individual I think.

Chaffinch, WELL DONE on finishing and getting through it all xxx

Hello Karebear I’m an October 17 lady who had FEC75 and 18 Herceptin just finished on Wednesday. Sorry pretty inebriated right now but want to help if I can. It’s doable but I know people who’ve found it tough too so hopefully can represent both sides. I’ve found it all ok but have been surprised by my reaction to the end of treatment. The good weather over the last few days has helped but I’ve been dizzy with gratitude at finishing my treatments. If you need to chat I’m here xx
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi karebear, please try posting on dec18 chemo thread, our thread is not very active anymore and the ladies currently on chemo will be able to share their knowledge with you better 😘hope you get the answers that will help you 😘😘💕💕✨✨Shi xx

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi karebear

Hi ladies 

I was wondering if any of you ladies that are HER2+ have had 6 FEC100 chemo not the 3 fec + 3 T 

I didn't get the T part of the chemo 

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Jencat 😘😘we are here for you 😘😘👭👭we are all sending you much ❤️❤️❤️💕💕✨✨✨Shi xx

Thank you all for your support and kind wishes xx

I will try to come in here mire often, you are still very much in our thoughts and part of the October 17 madness xx

Sorry to hear about your dad Jencat. Hope that they can keep him comfortable without him losing out on quality time with the family. Hopefully he can come to you and you can cherish him xx

Hi Jencat,

Sorry to hear your sad news about your dad ☹️ Just to let you know we're still here if you need us. Hope he can get some treatment and that you can spend some time together. I'll be thinking of you, sending hugs and 😘😘

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Jencat 😘😘😘I’m so sorry to hear the news about your dad. Super advice and words of wisdom as always from Jill. Cherish every moment you now have my darling and make them count 💕💕✨✨✨Shi xx

Community Champion

Jencat - very sorry to hear about your Dad.Can you ask to get him moved onto a ward at least there he will have some social interaction ? Is it the pain meds causing him to be " drugged up "  if so you could ask to see the pain nurse to see if his meds can be adjusted .Morphine based painkillers just make me like a zombie unless I have slow release - it's worth exploring the options to give him the best quality of life he can in the circumstances .Im not sure what cancer support services you have where you live but where I live they have " hospice at home " services so you can be supported to look after your Dad at home .You may need to be quite proactive to get things moving.

Hope you're all doing well and I often think of you  x

Myself and my family are going through a tough time-my elderly father had a fall 12 days ago and was admitted to hospital. We were told on Wednesday that he has got cancer and it is terminal. He has agreed to have a biopsy so that he might be able to have some treatment, even at his age, Dad would still like to have a bit longer with us. The onc nurse agreed that he's not your normal 91 year old-still alert and active and until recently, still driving down to me every week for Sunday tea! However,we found it particularly hard yesterday as he seemed so drugged up that it was difficult to have a conversation with him. Also he's sat in a chair in a room on his own, so there's so stimuli for him and I'm worried he's just going to give up. I want him to be able to come home and live with me. My family and myself are devastated, we are so close to my dad and having gone through bc myself we were all so looking forward to having a few more lovely times together-I know how fortunate I've been to have had my dad around for so long, but I especially wanted him to be able to celebrate my 60th birthday with me in August xx

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi buddyfan and jencat just wanted so send some ❤️❤️❤️And ✨✨✨✨to you, hope you’ve not had too much ❄️❄️❄️This week 💕💕💕✨✨✨Shi xx

I had Herceptin Jencat. I had it with docetaxol and pertuzemab. If it is her first one, she will have had a l9ading dose so it's double dose and it knocks you for 6. I went into hospital a week after the first one. She needs to let her team know xx

Thanks for asking Shi x Sue W text me today to ask if my phone can get Whatsapp, I told her I can barely receive texts let alone that! Smiley Happy I think I'm the only one of our group not on it, so when I've got some time and a bit of spare money I'll invest in a new one so I can join you all over there! I miss you all  Smiley Sad xx

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi jencat, glad your assessment went well. I’m not sure if any of Oct girls experienced any problems, I’ve asked so if any of them have I’m sure they will post. 💕💕✨✨Shi xx

Shi, I think you're on our groups Whatsapp? Could you ask if anyone on there was sick whilst having T+herceptin please. Elliesmum from Oct'18 is having a bad time with it. Thanks xx

Only problem is Shi, I can't ride a bike! Smiley LOL Observation went well thanks and the children were all well behaved. One thing I was picked up on though was that I let one child use a rubber, apparently we don't now. I thought of all we've been through and thought I'm not going to get stressed out over a rubber! Smiley Happy xx

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi jencat, that’s great you feel you are making steady progress 💪💪💪and hope the observation went well for you yesterday, it’s a bit overwhelming when you first go back to work but within weeks you’ll be flying 👍👍👍bit like riding a bike you just seem to chuck off the stabilisers without even realising you’ve done it, keep 💪💪💪💪you are doing great 💕💕✨✨✨Shi xx

Thank you Shi, that's a lovely thing to say xx I'm ok thanks, I think steady progress is the correct terminology! I don't feel as if I've got the same amount of stamina that I had before I started chemo yet, but when I look back just a couple of months I can see I'm improving. Smiley Happy Had my first lesson observation yesterday since going back to work! xx

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi jencat keeping as 🤪🤪🤪💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻As ever thanks lovely. Hope you are making steady progress and you’ve been helping so many others on the threads ❤️❤️❤️You amazing lady 😘😘💕💕✨✨Shi xx

Thanks Shi, I've found them Smiley Happy I don't know what the bell means though?! It looked like I'd hugged 90+ people and I don't remember doing that! I only worked out how to give one a few weeks ago! Smiley Happy

You're always helping other people xx but how are you? xx

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi jencat, if you go up to the top on the right you should see a bell an envelope and your icon, click on the envelope and you can do pm’s from there, this is using your phone though as I don’t use anything else, hope this helps 😘😘💕💕✨✨Shi xx

Hi Chaffinch, I hope you're doing well. That picture of us all brings back some happy memories Smiley Happy Wish I'd thought about sitting elegantly like the others in the front row are though!  :/  xx

Does anyone know how to find pm's on this new format?! I can't find mine! Can't say I'm keen on it! Went to look at Chaffinch's comment on our thread and I found I was on page 364! Smiley Sad  xx

Rubbish that didn’t work! I found it by searching on google pink ribbon Chatsworth Kirsten and Michelle x

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi buddyfan how are you doing, hope your arm is on the mend 😘 the photo is on the bcc website you’ll have to search a bit, hope you find it 💕💕✨✨Shi xx

Ooh, where's the picture you're talking about?
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi mishy, that’s lovely ❤️❤️❤️Toddling 👍😁😁👍it only seems 2 minutes since she was born 😁😁😁 she’ll be Ella Bella snow baby 👍👍👍hi buddyfan how is your recovery going? Well I hope 😘😘when cherry b popped on you reminded me too about Mrs rims, if you do ever read the thread still wishing you ✨❤️❤️✨and hope you are ok, 💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻🤪🤪🤪🤪to everyone as always 😁😁💕💕✨✨✨Shi xx

Hi shi yes had snow today Ella was mesmerized by it had a little toddle in it haha I forgot to say she is walking just but toddling around so eyes in back of head!!! Amazing pictures you all look amazing I've figured out meesh and karana I think but I've been guessing whos who haha trying to match person with to pic if that makes sense absolutely fabulous darlings!!!!!!!!!

Lovely pictures you all look fantastic it's funny putting faces to the forum xxxx

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi mishy 😁😁😁yes some of the 🤪🤪🤪gang 👍👍 have you had any snow yet? It’ll be great for you to see Ella Bellas reaction to the snow this year 😁😁another beautiful grandma moment for you 😘😘💕💕💕✨✨✨Shi xx

Yes it's us ! The first pic was a meet up in.London , me and dizzy weren't there and the second was a party night in Milton Keynes, Dizzy and I were at that one. It's fab isn't it? X

Hey Oct ladies is it you lovely girls in the BCC website for the pink ribbon walk just saw it there and was wondering if it was you girls on your meet up fab photos I'm just trying to figure out who was who!!!!!!