Re: October 2017 Chemo Starters

Great to hear from you Helena. Glad all went well. Take it easy lovely lady xx

CCE287CE-E3B5-4233-BBA4-D30D9477C8E7.jpeg

love this poem, makes me think of all you lovely ladies and the bond we have 💕💕

@Sue C wrote:

Hi Ladies

This thread is for anyone who is about to start chemo next week.

Hopefully you can all help and support each other as you go through your treatment.

I had chemo last year, so I will try and help as much as possible. If you have any questions please ask and if I don't know, I can at least point you in the right direction of who to ask!

Best wishes

Sue xx

Lovely to hear from you Helena sending you a big virtual hug and hope you have a speedy recovery 👍
Community Champion

Hiya lovely ladies

Just popped in to say hello.  Recovering well from my hysterectomy and had my staples out today so that is another milestone.  Having a very very lazy Sunday as it has exhausted me plus I didnt have a good night sleep last night.  Got to remember it is not even a week since I had surgery, patience Lady B patience.

Hope you are all having a lovely Sunday.

Helena xx

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

meesh 🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂chaffinch I’m not sitting next to you next time we all get together you might want to genital hug us 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣sooooo funny chaffinch 😁😁😁thanks for the 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣💕💕💕✨✨✨Shi xx

Chaffinch, 😂🤣😂🤣😂that was a hilarious blooper and yes very wrong on a few levels. Never been on amyliptriline (I know that's spelt wrong but I can't be bothered to look it up and correct it) I hope it works for you.

Buddyfan, good to hear from you. How're your curls doing now, are they raphelite yet? I also think I have slightly different intensity of SEs with different brands of tamoxifen. I seem to be on one that makes my legs ache at the moment, it's not too bad unless I go up a few flights of stairs 😱 The flushes are relentless nothing natural I've tried works (magnet, sage) so I'll just have to live with them as I'm not taking anymore meds.

Hope everyone is getting on ok, sending ❤️ and 🤗

I love horse racing Shi, my son has just got a job in the industry. He. Like his dad and grandad has great knowledge of it. We have a few good meetings in Cheltenham every year. I would probably avoid the main Gold Cup meeting and New Year’s Day though because they are crazy.
Having said that Aintree could work too because we have family up that way. Xx

I’ve just been diagnosed with painful bladder syndrome and am to take a low dose of amitryptaline for the nerve pain. Anyone else ever taken it? I’m a bit reluctant as I already rattle 🙄. GP thinks it’s been triggered by very low oestrogen levels following menopause then made worse by anastrazole taking them to rock bottom. I’ll just be happy to get some comfort back though 🙄

Hope all is well with you Helena and you are recovering well. A nice pair of lovely soft big pants and a gentle hug to you. .....that was a close one, my phone autocorrected gentle to genital 😱. That would have been inappropriate on so many levels 🤣. Seriously though wishing you a speedy recovery xx

Ali, I had a horrible couple of weeks of aches and pains before realising that the shape of the pack of letrozole was different to whatecer I was using before. switched back to another pack I had and within a day I felt better. Try different makes, for me, I now know not to have Cipla. Accord seems ok, but everyone is different.

Helena hope you are feeling OK after the op sending you my best wishes for a speedy recovery mate with a little recovery dance!!! 👍💃💃

Sending lots of love & best wishes Helena. Get well soon xx

Helena,

hope it all went ok today. Just to you know we're thinking of you 🤗

Hi all!!
Helena hope everything went ok today. Let us know when you can xx
What's you all been up to?
Cassie x
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Girls we are doing our version of river dance in our gold hot pants at the end of ladybowlers bed tomorrow 💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻😁😁😁😁runnerbean 😘😘 its like we’ve been in a hurricane and then spat out the other end isn’t it and now it’s strange to Prosecco it, but massive 🥂🥂🥂🥂🍾🍾🍾🍾to our Oct thread 👭👭👭💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻Thanks for all the ❤️❤️❤️🤣😂🤣😂🤣🤪🤪🤪💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺🕺and most important our beautiful friendships ❤️❤️❤️Blooming love you all amazing 💪💪💪💪😁😁😁ladies 💕💕💕✨✨✨Shi xx

Sorry Helena it’s Tuesday not Thursday, I still blame chemo brain 🤣

Good luck for Thursday Helena hope it all goes to plan. Not been on here for a while busy trying to get back to “normal” life. I’m feeling OK at the minute physically but still struggling with getting my head around what we have been through over the last year. Hope your all doing OK, can’t believe it’s been a year since we first came on this thread. Love to all 💕💕

Good luck for Tuesday Helena. Sorry i didnt know you were having problems and surgery. Yes its a continual rollercoaster ride!

You get your op out of tbe way then lots of rest and recuperation! Not had any kind of work assessment but work isnt makjng my shoulder worse.

You will be in my prayers on Tuesday and sending you lots of love xxc
Community Champion

Meesh

Thank you darling xx

Hi Helena,

Good luck for the op on Tuesday, hope it all goes ok. 

Community Champion

Ali

You moan away mate.

Know what you mean, because of what we have been through they are always ultra careful with us but that only causes us to go into panic mode and think the worst xxx

I am ok. I am going into hospital on Tuesday again for a hysterectomy, the last time was cancelled because I had a chest infection, so fingers crossed for Tuesday.  I am having similar fears, what if it is something more than the tamoxifen has made the lining of my womb thicker etc., but I just have to get myself back in check which is not always easy xxx

Have you had DSE assessment done on your working environment to make sure that it is nothing there that is causingexascerbating the discomfort in your shoulder.

Let me know how you get on, I am going to be in hospital for 2/3 days but will keep in touch with the forum whilst in there

xxx